Melinda Williams - intro (Kabukiman)

[world of darkness] origin under another name...

Between cities, between individuals, between now and the end - the choices you make when meeting strangers are utterly important. That is what this game is about.

Characters from previous games are invited as are new ones.

Call of Cthulhu rules (uses 5.6)

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Melinda Williams - intro (Kabukiman)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Melinda Williams

Profession: Musician, Singer in The Addicts (NY).

"You want to here my new song?"

Played by Kabukiman
Sheet,Str 7 Con 10 Siz 16 Dex 13 App 15 Int 17 Pow 11 Edu 12 San 55 HP 13 Know 60, Idea 85, Luck 55 Damage bonus +0 Skills: Art: Guitar: 32% Fast Talk: 64% Hide: 50% Listening: 54% Locksmith: 64% Other language Spanish: 31% Pharmacy: 30% Psychology: 45% Spot Hidden: 58% Weapons Fist: 59% Knife: 58% Handgun: 56%
ImageImageImage
Posing with drummer Pete T Jackson.
OOC:   Let's see what you want to use here and post it in the cast directory, please. So, last week - what has been happening to Melinda?
One fact stands. She is with Kat and Marcus and they have been driving to Las Vegas. But... now they have to stop at a small truck stop on road 120. What for? What's the reason that's so important they can't go on?

Let's decide this together and move on from there. The others will get the same opportunity so it will be a mixed bag of reasons.  
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Melinda Williams - intro (Kabukiman)

Post by kabukiman »

The second photo, the one alone.
I was thinking that she would have a concert in Las Vegas with her band, but as soon as Marus and Kat contacted her, she decide to travel with them to see them, instead of travelling with her band (her manager got furious, he wanted them to stay together- the others members are quite an unrully group and and Melinda is the only one stable enouth to keep them on line- she doesn't take drugs anymore and only ocasionally gets drunk; the others get themself in trouble with drugs, guys, minor infractions, etc ). So her manager is calling her like every 15 minutes to babysith the others, and her cellphone is getting low in battery...
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda at her cellphone with one of the girls, after hearing the manager complaining.

-Yes, I understand, he he was the guy of your life, nevermind you just met him last week- no, of course, I'm not teasing you, I undestand, true love is like this and...(pause) you give him how much????
Ok Mary, relax yourself. Don't worry, I'm sure he will come back in a couple of day, he probably had some trouble and couln't tell you. Yes, of course I'm sure. How are Cheng and Latoya? They are still sleeping? And you think that they... Ok, I have to go now, I'l call you latter.

"I can't leave those girls for a single day"- thinks Melinda- "I'm getting too old to this".
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Having visited LaHabra's retreat in Bodie for the last few days, the trio was set to get to Vegas. The plan was to put Tony Davis' ashes to rest there.
The "discreet" bright yellow Jeep Rubicon flew over the open roads.

As the dark is setting, they arrive at Lee Vining when Marcus apparently decides it's time to call it a day.

While Mel is ending the phone call she sees that the place is well visited. A row of a dozen motorbikes stand in perfect file outside the truck stop Nicely's bar and grill. On the other side of the main road sits a motel, Lee Vining Motel. There are also a row of bikes and a couple of town cars.

Other than that, Lee Vining seems to have a handful of homes and a gas station.

A poster of Christie Reese is tacked to the wall next to the entrance to Necely´s. Apparently she's playing inside.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Marcus frowns at the cellphone, it's been a while since he had used one for anything but checking messages. To see Mel use it like it was an extension of her arm unsettled him a little. Kat was quieter, he appreciated that much and she seemed to sense it. He pulls the Jeep into a empty bay and grabs his kitbag from the open rear compartment.

"I'm goin' check into the motel and grab a shower to freshen up mi amigos." He gestures at the biker bar, "A little rough around the edges maybe, but if they have something cold on tap then I'm all over that place later. Do you want to grab a bite and a beer say in around an hour?" The voice is still the same, charming grin still in place but Marcus seems to have withdrawn into himself and there is no real passion or conviction with his words. It's almost as if he is going through the motions...
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat exits the car and glances back at Melinda. "Do you want to split a room with me, or would you rather have your own?" she asks. From the far end of the motel comes an old black gentleman. He's got his aim on the truck stop, nodding as he passes the Jeep. "Miss."
OOC:   Continue the story at The Drop.  
TVblog

Return to “An unusual delivery”