Page 1 of 1

IC: 12: Time for New Plan

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:46 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 3 men get out of their car, Aunt Loosa smiles at them. "why howdy, Alyssa had this great idea to come talk to Christina about getting some more dynamite."

Re: IC: 12: Time for New Plan

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good thinking," says Eddie. "Let's see if they've got any cement too. With enough of that, we could fill in that pit and clog it up. We could also use some equipment to help us move that statue."

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:06 pm
by Tabs
"Cement to fill the pit?" said Alyssa incredulously; "really?" She held up a stick of dynamite, "Found some more."

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54 am
by BenTheRat
Christina looked at you. "I've seen the beast. I don't have near enough cement to fill in any cave big enough to hold that thing."

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, it was just a thought," says Eddie. "Is there anything here we can use to move that huge statue?"

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:32 am
by BenTheRat
"What huge statue are you talking about?" Christina asks
OOC statue,I've changed the statue you are hunting to a much smaller one that you move without equipment. There will still be the huge one in the chapel, but it won't be the one you are looking for. For this campaign, I think just dealing with the creature is fine.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:37 am
by Tabs
"Whereabouts, Christina? Would you describe it?"

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:30 pm
by BenTheRat
"It was down by the beach. Several of us in town met it there, while others fled. It was horrifying, my pistol was useless. But we managed to hurt it, drove it back North. I came back to get more dynamite, but I'm almost out." Cristina says.

She takes a couple breaths to calm her nerves, she is still visibly shaking. "It was big, 20-30 foot tall. But it would shift, and change. Its arms were huge, but it didn't attack with its arms. It had tentacles that would stretch out and grab people and ..." She didn't cry but she put her hand to her mouth and closed her eyes, trying to block out whatever visions were now seared in her mind.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:26 pm
by Silver Priest
"If it bleeds, we can kill it." says Richard.

"Mr. Rahl is correct. While this monster is terrifying, I am confident together we can defeat it. We've already defeated that horrifying cult that plagued your town. Let us end this foul beast and restore Newport to the lovely community it no doubt was before all of this."

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa was shaking her head in agreement, "but we need a plan. I don't think going down in its pit, guns blazing is gonna work here."

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"We've got to lure it out of the pit somehow, get it to come up after us," says Eddie. "Lowering someone down and then pulling them back up once we've got its attention might work, but that would be awfully dangerous."

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:17 am
by BenTheRat
"That does sound dangerous, what else could we use?" Aunt Loosa says.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe a dead body," suggests Eddie. "If all this thing wants is food, that should whet its appetite just as well, but we can find a body that doesn't look that dead just in case it likes live prey. We might even stuff the body's pockets with dynamite to blast the creature if it takes the bait."

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:13 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Everyone can make a spot hidden check.  

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:49 am
by Tabs
Alyssa Spot Hidden [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:41 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,You notice there is a butcher shop next to the Hardware store.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:54 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie doesn't see anything that will help.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) at the hardware store: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:51 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
Richard [dice]0[/dice]

Norman [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15 am
by Tabs
"Hmmmm." Alyssa said, a touch nervously: "There's a butcher shop. If it's bait we're after..."

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Even better!" says Eddie. "Any meat should work, and I'd feel a lot better not using someone's remains."

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:23 am
by Tabs
"What's the plan again?"

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"We find a large quantity of meat the size of a man, say a side of beef or something," says Eddie. "We bring it back to the pit and attach it to the mechanism the cult used for lowering people into the pit. We can hide some dynamite in the meat too, provided we can verify the beast is still down there and the fuses are long enough. Hopefully it will take the bait and go after the meat. If we decide not to use the dynamite that way, we haul the meat back up and get it to climb out of the pit and expose itself, and then we kill it."

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:27 am
by BenTheRat
As you walk over to the butcher shop and walk in, you see sawdust on the floor, and shiny tiles on the walls. This is not unusual for a butcher shop. There are several wooden 3 legged tables in the room, with blood and fat on them, obviously no one cleaned them for the day.

There is still a bit of meat hanging from the walls including a side of beef, 2 legs of lamb and a ham-hock.

There are 2 doors on the back wall.

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:09 am
by Silver Priest
"So, what do we want to feed this thing as a last meal?" asks Richard. "I say we go with beef."

Norman looks rather queasy.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Beef gets my vote too," says Eddie. "It's the only thing big enough." He helps to carry it back to the vehicles.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:16 pm
by BenTheRat
It's pretty heavy but with some help you can get the meat to the trunk of your car.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie gets behind the wheel of his car. "All right, let's get this thing back to the lair," he says.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:20 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa took a seat in the car beside the side of beef, dreaming of roast parsnips for Sunday dinner and other happy times.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:20 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   The side of beef is in the trunk.  

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:39 am
by DrVendetta
Richard leans back as thoughts start to go through his mind about the best way to lure the beast out "How many sticks of dynamite do you have left?" he ask's as thoughts run threw his head of ways to try to attach the dynamite to the beast.

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:06 am
by Tabs
"I only have this one," said Alyssa.
OOC:   Is Christine with us?  

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:07 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Yes, Christine is there.  

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:03 pm
by DrVendetta
"I was thinking maybe we could attach the dynamite to some type of spear or large meat hook and if we can get that imbedded in the beast it would be more effective" Richard says thinking out load. "The problem woukd be getting it attached to the creature without getting killed doing it."

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I've used mine up," says Eddie, "but I think there are still a few more. One problem with using dynamite in the pit is that if the creature survives, it'll just retreat. We need to lure it up first, and the bait might do it. Then those of us who aren't as good with guns can throw the remaining dynamite at it while the rest of use shoot it with shotguns and Tommy guns."
OOC,I think we've used eight sticks of dynamite so far. We threw two into the lake, dropped four down the pit, and then dropped two more down there. I forget how many we had initially, but I think it was ten. The one [b]Alyssa[/b] found would bring that total to eleven. If that's the case, we have three left.

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:22 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,that sounds right. 3 sticks left.

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:18 pm
by BenTheRat
"So what is the plan guys, I'm terrible at tactics, but I'm good with dynamite. Only problem I see with your plan is if we put the dynamite in the beef, it will absorb most of the impact. And getting them to go off at the same time will be almost impossible." Christine says.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then we'll have to draw it up using the beef before we use the dynamite," says Eddie. "We need to stay as far as we can from the pit as possible, so that the beast can't get at us quickly and so that none of us are caught in the blast. I'm not sure exactly where the lowering mechanism is in relation to the pit, but it may be close. In that case, whoever lowers and pulls up the beef would have to be able to run fast and should also not be a good shot, because the rest of us are going to have to open fire with everything we've got as soon as it appears."

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:36 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   The mechanism had been knocked over but was lying right by the pit. 2 strong men of 4 weaker people could lift it back into place.  

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:40 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,How are we armed? Do I have access to something other than my two pistols?

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:28 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,they went back and got some dynamite a shotgun and a tommy gun. I think they had you just keep your 2 pistols.

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 pm
by DrVendetta
"So who or what dod we think is running around in the caves at the bottom of the pit?, Do we think this person or thing is contolling the beast?" Richard say's continuing to think out load
OOC:   Sorry if some of this is redundant for all of you but it is helping me to get back into the 'Feel' for where Richard and the rest of the group are  

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"I thought that was the beast down there," says Eddie, scratching his head.

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:05 am
by DrVendetta
Richard realizing he he thinking out load replies "What makes you think it was the beast? Did you actually get a look down the pit?"

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"No, but I heard it," says Eddie. "Whatever it was, it was more massive than a man."

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:03 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman nods. "It was a fearsome creature, indeed."

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 am
by Tabs
"I'll do it," volunteered Alyssa, " I'll run from the pit. I'm definitely the worst shot and I won the 60 yard dash at Lexington High."

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Alyssa, it's going to be very dangerous," says Eddie, his heart filled with worry for her. "I'm sure I could run faster, so I'd do it myself if I weren't good with a shotgun. I don't want anything to happen to you. I...I care about you very much."

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:44 am
by Tabs
Alyssa ran the back of her hand down Eddie's cheek. "It's a nice feeling--to be wanted. If we live, I'd be happy to go out for a date."

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:14 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Eddie, smiling at Alyssa. "I'd really like that." Now he is more determined than ever to make sure she comes out of this in one piece.

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:29 pm
by Silver Priest
"No!" Norman shakes his head roughly, and looks between Eddie and Alyssa, looking sad but determined.

"Ms. Ryan, you ah, know how I feel about you. But I know the feeling is not returned. You deserve a chance for happiness after this is all over. You and the officer.

"Let me be the bait. I have no one to live for and have always dreamed of being a hero. if I die here, at least I'll have done some good."

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:57 am
by Tabs
"I don't know what to say," she smiled. "Norman"--holding his hand--"thank you. I accept. No uming and ahing, 'cos I'm relieved!"
OOC:   Let's get back to the pit.  

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:11 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   How are you getting back to the pit? Which path?  

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 am
by DrVendetta
Richard is bewildered about all the cooing going on between the 3 in the car as they drive what could certianly be there certain deaths.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, thank you, Norman," says Eddie. "You're very brave, and I'll do my best to see that you come through this okay."
OOC,It might be tricky bringing the beef through the water, so we may be better off going through the tunnels. Maybe we can use the entrance in the Colonel's house.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:08 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   I'll let everyone make an idea check here.  

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:08 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie can't think of a better plan.
OOC,Idea roll (60% stat) about returning to the pit: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:06 am
by BenTheRat
Norman,The tunnel from the Colonels house was a crawl tunnel, you would have to drag the side of beef through that, and then carry it over 1/2 a mile through the tunnels. If you go down the entrance you exited at the Granite Wharf warehouse it would only be a couple hundred yards from the chapel. That would be the easiest way to get there.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:16 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Idea Roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:54 am
by Silver Priest
"Perhaps we should take the entrance at the Granite Wharf warehouse. It's only a few hundred yards from the chapel. The Colonel's would require us to crawl and drag the slate of beef for over a half mile. We'd be exhausted by the time we had to face the beast." Norman does not want to be exhausted, especially since his part in the plan required him to run like Cerberus itself was chasing him.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:38 am
by Tabs
"Good idea, to the wharf."

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 pm
by BenTheRat
You pull into the parking lot of the wharf and make your way into the abandoned building. You notice the explosive cabinet is open and empty as you enter and make your way to the office which is open. You easily get down into the tunnel and lower the side of beef into the tunnels.

You make your way to the chapel. Nothing has changed since your last visit into the chapel just an hour ago.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie helps to carry the meat and set up the mechanism over the pit. lending his strength to the task.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:39 am
by DrVendetta
Richard helps with the setting up of the lift and the rest of the heavy lifting while keeping an eye out for anything that looks out of the ordinary or different from the last time they were there.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:31 pm
by BenTheRat
Nothing has changed. It appears just like it was when you left it. You hear no noises coming from the pit.

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"I hope that thing's not out hunting," says Eddie. "If it is, it will eventually come back, so we'll have to get it then. Maybe it's down there and sleeping or something. Let's lower the beef into the pit and see if we can get its attention."

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:04 am
by DrVendetta
Richard helps to securley tie the beef off on the crain

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:03 pm
by BenTheRat
You tie the side of beef to the chain hanging from the well crank. You begin to lower the beef down into the well. It quickly disappears into the darkness.
OOC:   what is everyone doing?  

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie moves back until he is standing ten yards from the pit and levels his shotgun at it, so that he is in position in case the creature should emerge.

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 am
by Tabs
Alyssa stood next Eddie. She checked that her shotgun was loaded.

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:34 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman approaches the pit, operating the crank. He prepares to bring the beef back up as soon as he hears the monster.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:42 am
by DrVendetta
Richard also backs away from the pit (approximatly 10 yards but slightly off to one side from Eddie ensuring that they do not hit each other with any cross fire) and pulls out both of his pistols to ensure that they both have bullets chambered.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:28 am
by BenTheRat
Norman cranks the beef down for what seems like an extreme amount of time. The other 3 checking their round and ensuring their pistols and shotguns are loaded.

Finally the chain goes slack indicating you have hit the bottom of the pit. After it reaches the bottom, 1 minute goes by, 2 minutes go by, still nothing. 3 minutes have passed.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe it did leave while we were away," says Eddie. "It's bound to come back here sooner or later, but who knows how long that will be? We could try exploring down there and seeing what's in its lair."

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:51 am
by Silver Priest
"I'd rather not," says Norman. "The beast knows its lair better than us, and we lose the advantage of an ah, ambush.

"Perhaps we should give it an hour or so before planning any alternations to the plan
?"

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:09 am
by Tabs
Alyssa sat down cross legged. She looked up to Eddie who was stood beside her, "I'm tired."

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:28 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Everyone make a listen check.  

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:42 pm
by Tabs
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 pm
by Silver Priest
[dice]0[/dice] Fail

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie hears something.
OOC,Listen roll (55% skill) near the pit: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:40 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Listen Check,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa and Eddie,you hear loud footsteps moving towards the pit under you.

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:50 pm
by Tabs
"Oh no! it's coming from the pit. Ready chaps." Alyssa scrambled to her feet.

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Barely had the words come from Alyssa's lips when the chain pulled tight causing the crank spin wildly.
Norman,make a dodge check (with a +20% chance, since Alyssa yelled out) as the crank handle spins wildly. If you fail suffer 1d3 points
Norman falls away from the handle until the chain reaches its end. Then everyone can hear slurping and crunching noises coming up out of the pit.

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 pm
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Dodge 50+20=70

[dice]1[/dice] damage if fail.
Though he stumbles back, Norman manages to right himself before falling. He turns towards the others, panic on his face.

"It was too strong, forgive me. We should strike it now,while it is distracted!"

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Light the dynamite and drop it all in," says Eddie. "If that doesn't do it, we'll follow up with the guns. Not your fault, Norman. This may work out better."

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   If you are lighting a stick and dropping it in, please post that you are doing that.  

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am
by Tabs
Alyssa did it.

"Die you motherfucker."

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:59 am
by DrVendetta
Richard shakes his head fearfull that the stick wont find its mark or that the monster will retreat back into the tunnel to be sheltered from most of the blast, it would have been better to wait till the monster started to climb up the pit so he couldnt escape qiuckly from the blast.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd light and drop one in if I had one. If [b]Richard[/b] won't and he allows me to do it, I'll take his and use it.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:55 am
by Tabs
OOC:   The power of the blast ramps-up in a confined space.  

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   So here is where I'm at.
1. You lowered the meat down tied to the chain. 3 of you backed up, guns ready.
2. The monster grabbed the chain and pulled it to its max length.
3. Norman managed to jump out of the way of the fast spinning wench.
4. Eddie said throw in the dynamite.
5. Alyssa lit and threw her dynamite down the hole. While expressing her greeting to the unknown.
6. Richard thinks you should save the dynamite, he doesn't think it will do much.
7. Eddie didn't actually do anything, since he put it as ooc.
8. Alyssa alluded to her thoughts. - I'll add a response, you don't really know what it is like down there, no one has gone down.

Let me know if anyone is going to do anything else before I move the story along.  

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll do it if you won't," says Eddie, reaching for Richard's stick of dynamite. If Richard allows him to take it, he lights it and drops it in the pit.

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard steps back from Eddie preventing him from taking the stick of dynamite he has "Slow down Eddie, take a deep breath and stay calm, lets see what if anything the 1 stick Alyssa threw did" as he then starts to walk over towards the pit with his pistols out and ready for a peek down into it. He listens carefully for any movement or noise coming out of the pit before looking down over the edge and into the pit.
Listen check if needed,[dice]0[/dice]
Spot check if needed,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm
by BenTheRat
As Richard begins to walk towards the pit, the stick Alyssa threw in goes off. A loud bang has smoke and bits of something fly up out of the pit.
Everyone hears a roar from down in the pit.
OOC:   Alyssa, please roll damage. ;) 5d6, thanks  

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 pm
by Tabs
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie holds his position and gets his shotgun ready.

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:55 am
by DrVendetta
Richard takes a step back after he heres the roar and then tosses his stick to Alyssa "Ok sounds like you are a pretty good shot, make the whick short so we can get it climbing up so it cant escape the blast"

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:15 am
by Silver Priest
Norman also takes a step back.

"Quick, throw more dynamite! We don't want it to flee and have to chase after it!"

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:37 am
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,Richard tossed the stick towards you, make a Dex *5 check (60%) to catch it. Also make a listen check.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:27 am
by Tabs
Catch [dice]0[/dice] Listen [dice]1[/dice]

She caught the dynamite.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:27 pm
by BenTheRat
You caught the dynamite in mid-air as it flew towards you.
OOC:   what do you do?  

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:52 pm
by Tabs
She lit it and threw it down the pit.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:35 pm
by BenTheRat
You light the dynamite and throw it down into the pit...
Alyssa ONLY,you see it drop about 20 feet and hit the face of the creature coming up out of the pit. It's Dark Green skin and yellow eyes bore into your soul. Tentacles from his face and sharp claws are what he is using to climb up out of the pit. You see the stick roll off to the side and fall, blotted out by the enourmous body in front of you. You open your mouth, but nothing comes out. OOC: Please make a Sanity test 1d6/1d20

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:57 am
by Tabs
Sanity [dice]0[/dice]

Loss [dice]1[/dice]

Current SAN is 52, 20% of that is 10.4, Alyssa is driven indefinitely insane.

1d6 applied to table [dice]2[/dice] Amnesia.

Alyssa looked around the cave and at the others, she seemed confused, all of her anger had gone and she was quite lost and frightened.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:30 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,The Amnesia shouldn't come on like that, its supposed to slowly come on you. But I'm good with this. For now you do know there are a bunch of strangers pointing guns at you, and there is a huge monster in the pit below you. You may still act, but you may think these people are wanting you to jump in the pit. I'll let you role-play it from here, but you aren't helpless. You may still act.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie hurries forward to pull Alyssa away from the pit and out of danger.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Everyone please post what you are doing.  
Everyone sees Alyssa throw in the stick of dynamite and a look of terror cross her face, she turns to look your way, you see confusion and terror.

Eddie begins to run towards Alyssa.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:39 am
by DrVendetta
Richard calms his nerves and prepares himself for what he knows will be a shocking grotest creature from the beyond and points his pistol towards the top of the pit waiting for the creature to appear above the edge of the pit.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 am
by Tabs
Alyssa held up her arms, astounded by her dirty, damp and ragged clothing and by the shotgun she held.

"What's going on?" she said to Eddie.
OOC:   Did the 2nd stick explode and did it do any damage?  

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:31 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Its about to, but everyone gets 1 action before it does. Just waiting on Norman now, before moving the story along.  

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 pm
by Silver Priest
OOC:   Sorry for the delay.  
Norman also raises his gun, ready to shoot the thing as soon as he sees it emerge from the pit.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:56 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   No worries, my fault also. Alyssa also needs to take her idea test to avoid the immediate temporary insanity. But I don't think it will affect what is going to happen next, so I'll move forward.  

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 am
by BenTheRat
Richard and Norman level their guns at the pit, while Eddie runs towards Alyssa standing on the edge.

Another explosion erupts from below the pit opening, but nothing flies out this time.
OOC:   Alyssa, please roll 5d6 again.  
The creature pulls itself half way out of the pit, terror grips your hearts as even though it is only half way out of the pit, it towers over Alyssa and Eddie.

The tentacles from the creatures head stretch down towards Eddie and Alyssa.
OOC:   Everyone make a sanity 1d6/1d12 test.  

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:01 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] San test passed

[dice]1[/dice] if fail

[dice]2[/dice] if pass
Norman lets out an audible gasp, but for some reason the thought of protecting his friends takes precedence over the terror in front of him, and he remains mostly unaffected.

Hand shaking, he aims his gun and prepares to fire as many times as he can
OOC:   How many shots does Norman get per round?  

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Lets wait till we work out all the sanity stuff. Nice rolling there. What kind of gun do you have?  

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie is overwhelmed by the sight of the monster.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 43) for seeing the creature: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing the creature: [dice]1[/dice] Idea roll (60% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good! [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:10 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Sanity Roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Ben,Not sure whats up with my sanity but it looks like it is currently at 37??? Which mean I missed my check so I lose [dice]1[/dice]sanity. Let me know if I can act

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 am
by Silver Priest
Ben,I don't really remember the gun. Can it be a. 38 automatic? That has 6 bullets, fires two shots per round, and does 1d10 damage. IIRC I had Norman grab two spare clips for a total of 18 bullets.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:29 am
by Tabs
Idea check [dice]0[/dice]

Dynamite [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:40 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   A lot happened here so lets go through person by person.
Alyssa: You failed your idea check, so you do not suffer a temporary insanity and may act normally, howerever the longer term Amnesia has set in, as your mind took a weird twist. You don't recognize any of the people here, you don't know your name, but may act freely.

Norman, Passed all his tests, so may act normally. The .38 is fine.

Richard, failed his sanity test, but rolled for such a small loss that you suffer no ill affects and may act normally.

Eddie, You failed your sanity test and lost more than 5 points (though did not lose the 20%). Then passed your idea check so you suffer from Temporary Insanity. You are "Frozen in Fear" was the roll on my insanity dice. So you started to run towards Alyssa and when you saw the creature, you just stop dead in your tracks, about 20 feet away.  
The Creature looks across the chamber, in particular looking at the large statue in the room as well as the engravings on the wall.
Then back at the 4 of you scattered around the room.

The dynamite goes off, but it sounds muffled and not very loud at all. The large Star Spawn in front of you, roars but you aren't sure if its from the explosion, or just the site of his next meal.
OOC:   Those with weapons out may shoot, go ahead and shoot all of your shots.
Alyssa, you may act freely. While you don't know the people around you. You sure as hell don't like the creature just a couple feet away from you.
Eddie is frozen.  

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm
by Silver Priest
"Get away, get away!" Norman yells to Alyssa and Eddie.

He fires at the monster.
Handgun,[dice]0[/dice] first shot 20%, 40% if pointblank [dice]1[/dice] second shot

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie's jaw drops, and he stands motionless.
OOC,I thought we all had shotguns and Tommy guns. Handguns probably aren't going to be much use against this thing. Then again, shotguns and Thompsons might not be much better.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:33 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,where is the statue and engravings on the wall described at in the story line?

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:59 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   I'm going to "change" the story a bit here. I made this change a couple months back, but I never said anything here.
There is the large statue in here everyone saw earlier. It is close to the East Wall. A large intricate circle is carved on the floor between the statue and the pit, with strange symbols in the circle.
The statue is pure granite, and appears to be carved out of 1 piece. It is 10 feet tall and around 5 foot square at the bottom.

Here is the big change. The statue stolen originally that you were supposed to be looking for (from 2 1/2 years ago, yea its been that long), is not here and you have not seen it. Sorry for the switchup, but I want to see where this might lead you.

There is also some writing on the wall. You didn't notice it before. Sorry, I've been expanding the module just a bit.  
Richard,I'll leave it up to you if you are near the statue or not.
The writing on the wall, you seemed to have noticed before. Is carved deep into the stone.
"Ep’hai Gof’nn Kadishtu’agl Ulnsll’ha
Cthulhu Na’fhtagn ep’Yarnog!!"

OOC: There is the English translation carved under it, not nearly as cleanly or deep, but I don't have it with me, I'll post it later when I get home. Sorry.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa fired her shotgun.

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   That would be an impale, so roll double damage  

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:42 pm
by BenTheRat
Also scratched into the wall, but not nearly as deep or clean. Under the previous engraving is this:

When the children are aligned and call to Him,
Cthulhu will awaken and His time will come.

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:59 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Damage dice for shotguns?  

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:03 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   did you specify when you picked it up what kind you have.
There are really only 4 types:
20 gauge double barrel
16 gauge double barrel
12 gauge double barrel
12 gauge pump
I'd think the 12 gauge's maybe too much for a woman, but I've seen strong women use them with no problem. So just tell me what you want to use.  

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:03 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   She wouldn't have the heaviest one, is that the 12? Therefore the 16.  

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Alyssa[/b] has STR 10, so she's strong enough to use a 12-gauge if she wants. My character in Watch the World Burn, Liz Penhaligon, uses a 12-gauge, and she's just a tiny thing. A 16-gauge shotgun at close range does 2d6+2 per barrel, so 4d6+4 with the impale. If you gave it both barrels (and why wouldn't you?), that's 8d6+8. A 12-gauge does 4d6 at close range per barrel, so 8d6 with the impale. Both barrels would be a whopping 16d6 damage! We could really use that right about now!

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:38 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   I'm convinced!

[dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:05 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard takes two shots with his pstols at the creature
to hit rolls,1st shot [dice]1q100[/dice] 2nd shot [dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
Spoiler Ben,yea I now i rember what i hated about this this stupid syntax crap with it. So 90 was the 1st shot and the 58 was the second shot
Damage,second shot hit so here is damagfe for 1 hit [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Richard, both shots hit. Roll damage for the 2nd one also.
Due to the size of the creature everyone has a +25% chance to hit.  

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:56 am
by DrVendetta
2nd hit damage,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:38 pm
by BenTheRat
The Star Spawn screams in pain as the Shotgun rips a whole in his side. He looks down at Alyssa holding her now empty shotgun.

Tentacles from his face shoot out and smash at her.
Attacks,# of attacks: [dice]0[/dice] Ouch, you really pissed him off.
All 4 of his tentacles slam down on the ground.
To Hit,Attack 1: [dice]1[/dice] Attack 2: [dice]2[/dice] Attack 3: [dice]3[/dice] Attack 4: [dice]4[/dice]
Alyssa is blessed today. While the Spawn missed with the 1st attack, the 3rd, was ready to crush her but the 2nd attack got in the way of the rest of his attacks and he lost the rest of them.
Meanwhile he finished climbing out of the pit. And stands to his full height.
The pistol shots seem to have no affect on him at all.
OOC:   Next round, You will all go first. So take all the shots you want. Please tell me how far from the creature you want to be. You can run up on him to get in point blank range to increase your chance to impale. Or back away to stay out of range of his attacks. Alyssa, you are only a couple feet away.  

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:33 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman's eyes widen as he sees the thing strike at Alyssa. Though the blows miss, there's no denying she's in extreme danger. And he cannot live with himself if she dies. After all, it was his fault he plan had failed to begin with.

He knows what he's about to do is suicidal, but is oddly at peace with it.

Running full speed he approaches the beast, hoping to direct its full attention upon him. He raises his gun...

"Ms. Ryan, grab Eddie and get back! I'll distract it!"
OOC:   Unsure if I get a shot here as well; not that I suspect it will do much good. ;) Just in case, though.  
[dice]0[/dice] shot one(20%+20+25%= 65)

[dice]1[/dice] shot two.

[dice]2[/dice] damage from first shot

[dice]3[/dice] damage from second.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Am I still frozen?

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:18 am
by DrVendetta
Richard puts the pistols away and pulls out the tommy gun against his best judgement as he knows pistols are his specialty.

He puts some distance between him and the creature in the direction of the statue and the writings thinking that maybe there could be a way to dispell the creature through the use of the statue and the writings.
Ben,Not sure if I get a shot with the Tommy gun here is a roll to hit just in case you need it [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,you can make an occult roll.
OOC:   Your base chance to hit with the Tommy gun is 15%. With the +25% it is 40%. If you get within point blank range (10 feet) it becomes 80%.
You can shoot 1 shot like you just did and missed. Or you can do a burst. Tell me how many you are shooting before you roll to hit. So a burst of 4, 6, 8 or 10 shots. Only roll 1 time to hit. If you hit, you roll a die for the number of hits. So say you fired 8 shots, you'd roll a d8 to see how many of those hit if your to hit roll was accurate. (I hope that makes sense)
Only the 1st hit can penetrate. The rest do normal damage which is 1d10 +2. You roll damage for each bullet that hits. They are separate shots though. The damage from each bullet is resolved individually, not as a whole.
Your clips have 30 rounds in them. You just used 1. So 29 left.  
OOC:   We are just waiting on Alyssa to tell me her actions. While Someone yelled at you to grab Eddie, you have no idea who Eddie is.

Eddie is still frozen this round. This is 2 rounds he has been frozen.  

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I believe a Tommy gun can fire up to 20 rounds at a time.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:11 am
by BenTheRat
ooc,I looked I couldn't find the max. They listed up to 10, so that was what I went with. With only a 30 round clip going 20 is a bit waisteful, but its fine with me.
OOC:   Richard, your burst shot you can do up to 20 shots in 1 round. But its either hit with a bunch or miss with them all.  

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You also get a bonus to hit of +5 percentiles for each bullet in the burst, up to double your skill. This would be +15%, so your effective skill would be (15+15+25) x 2 if point blank = 110%. You'd still miss on a fumble or Malfunction, but any roll of 22 or less would be an impale. Granted, impaling with a burst only allows you to roll double for the first bullet; the others just do normal damage. However, a critical hit (5 or less) may have other benefits.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 am
by Tabs
Alyssa ran. She didn't notice Norman's self-sacrifice, maybe in the future she would be grateful... A stationary individual [Eddie] was in her way, she grabbed his arm and dragged him along with her, as any human being might do for another.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Thanks Handy. First time someone has used a Tommy Gun in one of my games. I like it. Now back to the action.  
The shots from Normans pistol both strike home as he moves to within only a few feet of the Star Spawn, the first drawing a spurt of blood from the gigantic beast, but the other seemed to have little or no affect on the creature. Richard drops his pistols which seemed to be of little use, and pulled out the Tommy Gun. Hesitent with the first time to use one, fired a single shot as he backed away from the death that was walking towards him.

Eddie continues to stand there, frozen in fear, looking more like a wax doll than one of Boston's finest.

Alyssa turns to run, her foot steps loud on the granite stone beneath her feet. Just as she thinks she's going to make it, the creature takes a single step and has caught up.
# of Attacks,[dice]0[/dice] Was hoping for 2, but since its only 1, 1=Norman, 2 = Alyssa [dice]1[/dice] Attack: [dice]2[/dice]
The creature ignored Norman running in with his pistols, the memory of the shotgun blast still resonated in its brain. Just as Alyssa was almost to Eddie, the vile creature's tentacle swipes her up off the ground. Crushing her in it's grasp.
Damage,This is normal damage, the critical hit is why he grabbed her instead of just hitting her. [dice]3[/dice]
Alyssa Last Chance,this is going to be really bad. You can make a dodge check here to avoid the attack.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 pm
by Tabs
Dodge [dice]0[/dice] Yeah!

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:11 pm
by BenTheRat
With the uncanny danger sense that would put Spiderman to shame, Alyssa dodged under the huge tentacle that would have surely crushed her like a grape.

Another loud thundering step behind you reminded you had had not yet stopped his pursuit.
Alysa rolls out and was back on her feet, barely having missed a step, she grabbed the strange mans hand and felt a familiar warmth there.

But for some reason the damn bugger wouldn't move.
Alyssa,please make a resistance check, your strength against 1/2 his strength to get him moving. So your 10 vs his 7. So a 65% chance to succeed. If you fail, you can try something quick, or make an idea check and I'll give you a hint. But it will slow you down a bit if I have to help you. Or you can just let go and keep running.
OOC:   Due to Alyssa's crit success on her dodge I'm giving her another action. Everyone should be happy, the damage I rolled would have popped her like a grape had she failed that. So good job Alyssa.  

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:54 pm
by Tabs
[dice]0[/dice]

She pulled Eddie along with ease.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Woohoo! [b]Alyssa[/b] survived! :D I am still carrying a loaded shotgun if anyone needs to borrow it next round.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:11 am
by DrVendetta
Occult roll,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 am
by BenTheRat
Eddie,you may make a Sanity test to get out of your frozen fear. If you pass you can do something, but role-play it as You are being literally being pulled out of your insanity. Any skill checks will be at -20% or half, whichever is less. If you fail you are still in a stupor.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:01 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie finally comes to his senses, flooded with relief that Alyssa has miraculously survived. He hustles her away from the creature. "Alyssa, get back from it!" he cries.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 36) to snap out of it: [dice]0[/dice] I won't be shooting this round, just putting some distance between us and the creature. Next round I hope I'm at full skill, and [b]Alyssa[/b] could also reload this round.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:36 am
by DrVendetta
Richard unloads with a burst of 5 at his first opputunity
To Hit,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage rolls,[dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice][dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   It is a new round. Richard jumped the gun a bit, we will roll with it. The creature is frustrated that his prey was getting away.

Right now Norman is the closest. Please give me a distance of how far away you are in feet. The way the Chamber is structured, you could be moving around the large cave to get where you want. You could also go down the tunnels the way you came in. Or the tunnel towards the quarry. Or even down into his pit if you wanted to.

Everyone make a spot hidden roll for me as well.  
The light is dim, but could your eyes be deceiving you.

Richard shoots again, with a burst of 5.
Richard,15+15+25 = 55% chance, rolls a 10, first shot impales. Don't forget you also have roll how many of those 5 hit. So 1d5. [dice]0[/dice] Ouch, that kind of hurt, so I'll take the first 2 rolls you rolled for damage, the 9+7 = 16 points of damage.
Richard unleashes with a torrid of bullets and while the first strikes home to do some damage, the others fly around the chamber half-hazzardly.

ooc: The rest of you may now take actions as well.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:17 pm
by Silver Priest
rolls,[dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden 45 Attack 1 65 [dice]1[/dice] Attack 2 [dice]2[/dice] Damage [dice]3[/dice]
"Leave her alone, you monster!" Norman says, for once literal. He fires his last two shots at the thing, and then is greeted by the cold reality of an empty gun.

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Are my skills back to normal? Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the cave: [dice]0[/dice] I'll wait until you tell me what I see before I act.

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:46 pm
by Tabs
Spot Hidden [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Any tunnels too small for the monster?  

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:00 pm
by BenTheRat
spot hidden passed,If you passed your spot hidden you notice the large gaping wound on the beast from the shotgun blast has started to heal. You can see the skin growing back together.
Alyssa,he seems large for the tunnels, but he obviously got in through the one to the quarry and it is about the same size as the one leading to the tunnels.
Eddie,yes this is the first round to act since you came out of your fear. You have the negatives for this round. No negatives next round
OOC:   Richard and Norman have already acted. Waiting on Alyssa and Eddie to act.  

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I thought I acted last round, when I ran with [b]Alyssa[/b] away from the Star Spawn, in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=188773#p188773]this post[/url].

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:51 am
by DrVendetta
Richard Spot Hidden,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:15 pm
by Tabs
She ran towards the smallest tunnel.

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:29 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie and Alyssa run for the tunnel entrance you came in from on the South wall. Meanwhile Norman continues to shoot at the large beast who is right by him, to little affect and now has an empty pistol.

Richard backs away and unloads with the Tommy Gun. One of the rounds seems to have done some damage, but the rest richochete off the ground around the large Star Spawn.

The Star Spawn pauses to take a swing at Norman. With no one else close by, you become the prime target.
# of attacks,[dice]0[/dice] Ouch, could this be the end of poor Norman. Attack 1: [dice]1[/dice] Attack 2: [dice]2[/dice] Attack 3: [dice]3[/dice] Attack 4: [dice]4[/dice]
Norman,only 1 of the 4 tentacles hit you. You may make a dodge roll to avoid it.

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:47 pm
by Silver Priest
Dodge,[dice]0[/dice] At 50%, so that should be a pass. Hoorah!
He's no Spiderman, but Norman Leaps backwards just enough to avoid one of the beast's tentacles. He silently gives thanks to all of his schoolboy chums who pummeled him up over the years. They had done wonders to improve his reflexes.

And then he notices the regeneration.

"The beast is healing! We need to attack it with all our force if we're to kill it!"

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:09 am
by BenTheRat
Norman narrowly missed the tentacle as it shot out, he falls flat on the floor and all 4 of them swing above him. A smelly slime water drips on him as he prays. He jumps back to his feet trying to avoid the next onslaught.
OOC:   A new round is beginning. You guys are getting extremely lucky, I've seen this guy rip through parties like candy before. Awesome job. Now that I've jinxed you. Lets move to the next round. Eddie no more minuses. Everyone is free to act.  

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Reload your shotgun and stay behind me," Eddie says to Alyssa. If he is not already within ten yards of the creature, he moves that close and then fires his shotgun at it in order to do the most damage, blasting it right in the face!
OOC,Shotgun roll (50% + 25 = 75% skill) shooting at the Star Spawn: [dice]0[/dice] Damaget to Star Spawn from 12-gauge shell: [dice]1[/dice] It's too bad I already specified I was taking a pump shotgun rather than a double-barreled, but this is still an impressive amount of damage! Maybe the critical hit will have some other helpful effect too, like stunning it.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 am
by Silver Priest
Reasoning that retreat is impossible given the monster's size, Norman attempts to reload.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:48 am
by Tabs
She reloaded.
OOC:   When can she fire?  
To Eddie, "Are we killing it?"

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Spoiler:
Alyssa, no you ran last round and saved Eddie. This round you are reloading, you may fire next round. Please state if you are firing both shots together, or seperately before you roll.
OOC:   I think we are just waiting on Richard and his Tommy gun at this point.  

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:13 am
by DrVendetta
Richard lets another burst go this time a bit longer (10 bullets) trying to stay out of reach of the tenacles possibly using the statue as cover.
To Hit,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage,number of hits roll = [dice]1[/dice]Damage rolls[dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice][dice]5[/dice][dice]6[/dice] Not sure how the impale plays into the damage total

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:59 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Your chance to hit was 55%, so 11% is max number to get an impale. You roll double. Btw, the bullets do d10+2. I already added them on. The first 2 rolls were the impale shot. Then 4 more shots hit, so I think you need to roll 1 more damage.
Go ahead and do that, while I move forward.  

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 am
by BenTheRat
The Star Spawn screams at the top of its lungs as the shotgun blasts more of the creature off. It looks really hurt. It's tentacles stretch out from its face in a wild attack.
# of Attacks,[dice]0[/dice]
1 of the tentacles slap at Richard, while another stretches out and takes a swipe at Eddie, and the last 2 attempt to grab Norman before jumping back down into his pit.
Attacks,Richard 1 attack: [dice]1[/dice] Eddie 1 attack: [dice]2[/dice] Norman 1st attack: [dice]3[/dice] Norman 2nd attack: [dice]4[/dice]
Eddie proved to be too far away as it moved toward the pit, but one slashed at Richard.
OOC: Richard, you may make a dodge at +10% (for hiding behind the statue)

But both attacks look to slap into Norman.
OOC: Norman you may make a dodge to avoid the fist attack.
OOC:   Yes I know you are not supposed to get dodges if you attack, I always hated that either or bit. So I play you get 1 dodge per round period.  

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:59 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,the last dice of damage = [dice]0[/dice]
Dodge,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:31 pm
by Silver Priest
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] dodge 50%

Ouch... Hope that last bit of damage killed this thing. :(  

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:23 pm
by BenTheRat
The creatures tentacles lashed out at everyone, but Eddie was just out of range and was missed, but Norman and Richard weren't so lucky.
Damage,Richard: [dice]0[/dice] Norman attack 1: [dice]1[/dice] Norman attack 2: [dice]2[/dice]
The tentacle hits Richard throwing him off his feet slamming him into the statue and he crumples to the ground unconscious.

The 2 tentacles grab Norman, crushing his body, then ripping him in half.
OOC:   Richard is now unconscious, Norman is dead in a most horrible and gross death. (sorry Norman).
Eddie and Alyssa both need to make a Sanity 1/1d6 test.  

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:00 am
by Silver Priest
OOC:   Well at least it was quick.

Alyssa and Eddie, if you guys live through this name your first born son after him, will you? ;)  

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:06 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie is horrified to see Norman ripped apart, but it galvanizes him into action rather than incapacitates him.
OOC,Will do! Sanity loss (current level 36) for seeing [b]Norman[/b] die: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing [b]Norman[/b] die: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:25 am
by Tabs
Sanity [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,I think that fails, as you are currently at 40, if I'm correct. So a d6 points. If you roll 5 or higher, you need to roll an Idea check.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:47 am
by Tabs
Sanity loss [dice]0[/dice]

Idea [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:50 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,you are overwhelmed by the death of this person, who you didn't know but sacrificed himself to save you. You have gone into a Catotonic state where you are mumbling, trying to resolve in your mind why this person would sacrifice himself for you. Your only action until further notice is to mutter, kneel or sit down.
Eddie hears Alyssa scream behind him and begin to mutter. Richard has obviously been knocked unconscious, and Norman, well poor Norman. You know there will be a painting hanging on the wall back and MAPS. Will the rest of you be there, or can you stop it.

You know its hurt, its bleeding, but healing itself as well. Its running for its pit.
OOC:   The Star Spawn is currently 40' away from you. You can stand and shoot where you are, doing less damage, but with the greater chance to impale. Or you can run and get off a shot as he is going into the pit. But to get within 30' you will lose the +25% for it being large. So base chance to hit and impale. Or you can let it run and care for your friends. You do not have anytime to change weapons out.  

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie pursues the creature, full of fury, knowing that he'll only get one shot and has to do as much damage as possible to have a chance of killing it before it can escape and heal. At least if he kills it, Norman's death will not have been in vain. He fires, and he is deadly accurate.
OOC,Shotgun roll (50% skill) shooting at the creature: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to creature from impaling 12-gauge shell: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:41 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie runs across the room firing his shotgun at the massive beast just as it is jumping into the pit. You hear a sorrowful screeching as it plummets to the bottom of the pit. The ground begins to shake as it hits the ground 40 feet down.

After a few seconds the ground stops shaking. Dust is falling from the ceiling clogging your throats as you try to breath. The only sound is a dripping noise and Alyssa stull murmuring about how Norman was crushed like a grape.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie breathes a huge sigh of relief and turns back to look at his friends. "Alyssa, are you all right?" he asks. "We need to see if we can do anything for Richard." He goes over to where he has fallen and does his best to patch him up and revive him.
OOC,First Aid roll (55% skill) treating [b]Richard[/b]'s injury: [dice]0[/dice] HP recovered by [b]Richard[/b]: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 am
by Tabs
Alyssa looked vacantly at Eddie.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie walks over to Richard and bandages a large gash on his head, as he is finishing up, Alyssa slumps to the floor. She is obviously overcome with everything that has gone on here.

She lifts her head to see Richard awake. Aunt Loosa comes up the tunnel from behind Alyssa and helps her up. She looks around and sees what is left of Norman on the floor. "Oh my." she mumurs. "What happened?" she asks.
OOC:   Everyone is free to act at this point.  

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"That creature happened," says Eddie. "I shot it up pretty good as it was trying to escape back into the pit, and it fell in. I think we killed it, but I'd better go make sure." He goes to the edge of the pit and looks down.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:42 pm
by BenTheRat
As you look down into the dark pit, you pull out your flashlight and shine it down. The huge beast lay unmoving at the bottom. A blackish liquid oozed out of the dozen wounds in its side.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:36 am
by DrVendetta
Dazed Richard attempts to stand and then instinctively picks up the tommy gun and starts to looke around gathering in the scene as his wits slowly start to return.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's dead all right," says Eddie, turning away from the pit. "We'll have to take a look down there before we go." He walks back over to the others. "We did it! I just wish Norman had made it too. Alyssa, you were wonderful! I may have finished it off, but I couldn't have done it without you. Or you, Richard. Or Norman."

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 am
by DrVendetta
After Richard completly shakes off his unconciousness he goes to the edge of the pit and looks dow in at the beast to see with his own eyes that it is truely dead, "I think we need to burn it" he says out load "We need to ensure that none of those cultist find a way to reanimate it in any way" he says out load to everone.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, you're right," says Eddie. "Alyssa has my lighter, but we'll need something to get the flames going, like oil or kerosene."

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:11 am
by Tabs
Alyssa is still shocked.
OOC:   When can she act again?  

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Everyone is free to act. See post at top of page.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:45 pm
by Tabs
"I just wanna get outta here," sobbed Alyssa.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:47 am
by DrVendetta
Richard looks around for any kind of accelerant to use and rattles his brain for the last place he may have seen some.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 am
by BenTheRat
There was a gas pump at the Hardware store.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't blame you, Alyssa," says Eddie, offering her his handkerchief and his arm. "Let's get you back to the surface."

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:51 am
by DrVendetta
Richard looks closely at the wounds on the beast to make sure they are not healing up on there own and says "Maybe we get everyone out and then I'll come back with some gasoline and finish this thing, I have seen things that have appear to been brought back from beyond the veil of death and I do not want this beast to become one of those things. We might also want to get something to try to get rid of the engravings and that staue so they cant be used going forward either" as he turns and looks at the carvings on the wall and the statue.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I'm sure we can find some jerry cans and gas at a filling station," says Eddie. "Don't forget we still need to find that statue. My guess is it's down that pit."

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:20 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   FYI, you guys just keep going, I'll let you know if you need anything. Right now I have nothing to interject. Love the Roleplaying.  

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:47 am
by DrVendetta
"Sounds like a plan, lets get Alyssa out of hear and then maybe we can round up some supplies" Richard says as he turns from the pit and starts to walk towards Alyssa

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:34 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa nodded, allowing herself to be led away.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:36 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard peers down in the pit, but its a long way down and his flashlight can't pierce the depths. The light only shines about 30' or so.

OOC: If you want to look closer you are going to have to go part way down in the pit to see well enough.

Aunt Loosa takes Alyssa and starts heading back up the tunnel towards the exit.
OOC:   Eddie and Richard you can go down in the pit to check on the creature or go get the gasoline. Or something else. What will it be?  

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:31 am
by DrVendetta
Richard says "Well I am deffinetly not into going down there with that creature I say we go get some gas and throw the gas down there from here then drop a match, what do you think Eddie?"

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Agreed, let's go," says Eddie, following the ladies.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:38 am
by BenTheRat
The 4 of you leave and head up to the car. You head back to the hardware store. There you can get some large cans of gasoline.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie helps fill up and carry the jerry cans back to the car.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:48 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Just need to know if Alyssa is going back, or staying at the hardware store?  

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 am
by DrVendetta
Richard grabs a few rags while there and checks that his lighter is on him and working.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:26 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC: I am ending this thread, everyone please go here.