IC: 12: Time for New Plan

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC: 12: Time for New Plan

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,you can make an occult roll.
OOC:   Your base chance to hit with the Tommy gun is 15%. With the +25% it is 40%. If you get within point blank range (10 feet) it becomes 80%.
You can shoot 1 shot like you just did and missed. Or you can do a burst. Tell me how many you are shooting before you roll to hit. So a burst of 4, 6, 8 or 10 shots. Only roll 1 time to hit. If you hit, you roll a die for the number of hits. So say you fired 8 shots, you'd roll a d8 to see how many of those hit if your to hit roll was accurate. (I hope that makes sense)
Only the 1st hit can penetrate. The rest do normal damage which is 1d10 +2. You roll damage for each bullet that hits. They are separate shots though. The damage from each bullet is resolved individually, not as a whole.
Your clips have 30 rounds in them. You just used 1. So 29 left.  
OOC:   We are just waiting on Alyssa to tell me her actions. While Someone yelled at you to grab Eddie, you have no idea who Eddie is.

Eddie is still frozen this round. This is 2 rounds he has been frozen.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I believe a Tommy gun can fire up to 20 rounds at a time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,I looked I couldn't find the max. They listed up to 10, so that was what I went with. With only a 30 round clip going 20 is a bit waisteful, but its fine with me.
OOC:   Richard, your burst shot you can do up to 20 shots in 1 round. But its either hit with a bunch or miss with them all.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You also get a bonus to hit of +5 percentiles for each bullet in the burst, up to double your skill. This would be +15%, so your effective skill would be (15+15+25) x 2 if point blank = 110%. You'd still miss on a fumble or Malfunction, but any roll of 22 or less would be an impale. Granted, impaling with a burst only allows you to roll double for the first bullet; the others just do normal damage. However, a critical hit (5 or less) may have other benefits.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Alyssa ran. She didn't notice Norman's self-sacrifice, maybe in the future she would be grateful... A stationary individual [Eddie] was in her way, she grabbed his arm and dragged him along with her, as any human being might do for another.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Thanks Handy. First time someone has used a Tommy Gun in one of my games. I like it. Now back to the action.  
The shots from Normans pistol both strike home as he moves to within only a few feet of the Star Spawn, the first drawing a spurt of blood from the gigantic beast, but the other seemed to have little or no affect on the creature. Richard drops his pistols which seemed to be of little use, and pulled out the Tommy Gun. Hesitent with the first time to use one, fired a single shot as he backed away from the death that was walking towards him.

Eddie continues to stand there, frozen in fear, looking more like a wax doll than one of Boston's finest.

Alyssa turns to run, her foot steps loud on the granite stone beneath her feet. Just as she thinks she's going to make it, the creature takes a single step and has caught up.
# of Attacks,[dice]0[/dice] Was hoping for 2, but since its only 1, 1=Norman, 2 = Alyssa [dice]1[/dice] Attack: [dice]2[/dice]
The creature ignored Norman running in with his pistols, the memory of the shotgun blast still resonated in its brain. Just as Alyssa was almost to Eddie, the vile creature's tentacle swipes her up off the ground. Crushing her in it's grasp.
Damage,This is normal damage, the critical hit is why he grabbed her instead of just hitting her. [dice]3[/dice]
Alyssa Last Chance,this is going to be really bad. You can make a dodge check here to avoid the attack.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Dodge [dice]0[/dice] Yeah!
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

With the uncanny danger sense that would put Spiderman to shame, Alyssa dodged under the huge tentacle that would have surely crushed her like a grape.

Another loud thundering step behind you reminded you had had not yet stopped his pursuit.
Alysa rolls out and was back on her feet, barely having missed a step, she grabbed the strange mans hand and felt a familiar warmth there.

But for some reason the damn bugger wouldn't move.
Alyssa,please make a resistance check, your strength against 1/2 his strength to get him moving. So your 10 vs his 7. So a 65% chance to succeed. If you fail, you can try something quick, or make an idea check and I'll give you a hint. But it will slow you down a bit if I have to help you. Or you can just let go and keep running.
OOC:   Due to Alyssa's crit success on her dodge I'm giving her another action. Everyone should be happy, the damage I rolled would have popped her like a grape had she failed that. So good job Alyssa.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[dice]0[/dice]

She pulled Eddie along with ease.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Woohoo! [b]Alyssa[/b] survived! :D I am still carrying a loaded shotgun if anyone needs to borrow it next round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Occult roll,[dice]0[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Eddie,you may make a Sanity test to get out of your frozen fear. If you pass you can do something, but role-play it as You are being literally being pulled out of your insanity. Any skill checks will be at -20% or half, whichever is less. If you fail you are still in a stupor.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie finally comes to his senses, flooded with relief that Alyssa has miraculously survived. He hustles her away from the creature. "Alyssa, get back from it!" he cries.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 36) to snap out of it: [dice]0[/dice] I won't be shooting this round, just putting some distance between us and the creature. Next round I hope I'm at full skill, and [b]Alyssa[/b] could also reload this round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard unloads with a burst of 5 at his first opputunity
To Hit,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage rolls,[dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice][dice]5[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   It is a new round. Richard jumped the gun a bit, we will roll with it. The creature is frustrated that his prey was getting away.

Right now Norman is the closest. Please give me a distance of how far away you are in feet. The way the Chamber is structured, you could be moving around the large cave to get where you want. You could also go down the tunnels the way you came in. Or the tunnel towards the quarry. Or even down into his pit if you wanted to.

Everyone make a spot hidden roll for me as well.  
The light is dim, but could your eyes be deceiving you.

Richard shoots again, with a burst of 5.
Richard,15+15+25 = 55% chance, rolls a 10, first shot impales. Don't forget you also have roll how many of those 5 hit. So 1d5. [dice]0[/dice] Ouch, that kind of hurt, so I'll take the first 2 rolls you rolled for damage, the 9+7 = 16 points of damage.
Richard unleashes with a torrid of bullets and while the first strikes home to do some damage, the others fly around the chamber half-hazzardly.

ooc: The rest of you may now take actions as well.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

rolls,[dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden 45 Attack 1 65 [dice]1[/dice] Attack 2 [dice]2[/dice] Damage [dice]3[/dice]
"Leave her alone, you monster!" Norman says, for once literal. He fires his last two shots at the thing, and then is greeted by the cold reality of an empty gun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Are my skills back to normal? Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the cave: [dice]0[/dice] I'll wait until you tell me what I see before I act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Spot Hidden [dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Any tunnels too small for the monster?  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

spot hidden passed,If you passed your spot hidden you notice the large gaping wound on the beast from the shotgun blast has started to heal. You can see the skin growing back together.
Alyssa,he seems large for the tunnels, but he obviously got in through the one to the quarry and it is about the same size as the one leading to the tunnels.
Eddie,yes this is the first round to act since you came out of your fear. You have the negatives for this round. No negatives next round
OOC:   Richard and Norman have already acted. Waiting on Alyssa and Eddie to act.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I thought I acted last round, when I ran with [b]Alyssa[/b] away from the Star Spawn, in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=188773#p188773]this post[/url].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “A Star on the Shore”