Page 1 of 1

IC: Ch. 9a: The Great Escape (Eddie, Alyssa, Aunt Loosa)

Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:46 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie, Alyssa, Aunt Loosa and the 3 rescued victims huddle into the mosoleum. As the door shuts it grows dark. Quickly flashlights are produced to shine light on the area. You open the trapdoor that leads down and Eddie peaks in.

He flashes his light around the empty chamber and you see nothing.

Re: IC: Ch. 9a: The Great Escape (Eddie, Alyssa, Aunt Loosa)

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll descend first and make sure it's safe," says Eddie. He starts down the ladder.
OOC,Should we refrain from reading the other thread?

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:44 am
by Tabs
Alyssa peered down the trapdoor.

"How I wish we were free from this awful place!"

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:12 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC: Yes please refrain from reading the other thread.

You get down to the bottom of the ladder. The room is empty except for the inch of water.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's safe to come down," Eddie says. "I don't see any sign of the Reverend's body. Hopefully he's dead for good this time. Otherwise, I'll just have to kill him again if he shows up." He holds his revolver, fully loaded, in his hand. While he waits, he tries to get his bearings and figure out which tunnel leads back towards the church.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:53 am
by Tabs
"We rely on you--I haven't a clue of the way. Surely the Reverend is dead!--unless he's like a cat with nine lives," Alyssa added glumly, also, "There's that idol by the pit...?"

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's not go anywhere near that pit if we can help it," says Eddie, checking his watch. "After we get home and prepare ourselves, and get the people we rescued to safety, then we can come back and destroy that thing."

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:48 pm
by BenTheRat
You are in the dark chamber your flashlights scanning the area. There are 3 tunnels out, and all look the same.
ooc,Can the 3 of you make a navigation roll

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't remember which way is which," says Eddie. "We should have marked the walls with chalk or something when we were down here before. Does one of you have that compass?"
OOC,Navigate roll (10% base skill) in the underground chamber: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:53 pm
by Tabs
Navigation [dice]0[/dice]

Alyssa looked very lost. "We'd best return up top?"

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"We'd be even more lost in the fog," says Eddie. "Maybe Aunt Loosa or one of the people we rescued has a better sense of direction, and we need to wait here for Norman and the others until the ten minutes are up. They may be able to figure out which we to go. In the worst case, we can always guess. There's a one in three chance of getting it right, and if we get the wrong one we'll soon know and can turn back."

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 pm
by Papa Gateau

Yes Eddie I have the compass Aunt Loosa says, she opens her bag and takes the compass from it before passing it to Eddie.

I'm afraid that I'm still a little lost - I don't recall which tunnel we came by last time. Are there any tracks or marks we might follow?
ooc,Navigate[10] [dice]0[/dice] Luck[75] [dice]1[/dice] to pick a tunnel at random and be the correct one!

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:21 pm
by BenTheRat
Your luck seems to have run out. The tunnel has about 4 inches of water in it, so there are no tracks to follow. And no one marked any of the tunnels. You would recognize the exit to the church as it was larger than the rest, but this looks similar to the other exits.

There are 3 tunnels, and the ladder? You are not sure which one is the right one. Using the compass one travels in a NE direction, one westerly and one south.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"We want the south tunnel," says Eddie. "We went north from the Colonel's house to reach the cemetery, and the secret tunnel leading there is in the chamber beneath the church. Let's wait until the ten minutes are up before we leave." He checks his watch again.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:19 am
by Tabs
Alyssa nodded.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:49 pm
by BenTheRat
Looking at your watch it had been almost 10 minutes. About 30 seconds to go.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's not quite ten minutes," says Eddie. "We'll wait a little longer, and then go. And this time we'll mark our trail. Chalk on the walls should work, if anyone has some. Or lipstick, in a pinch. We can just draw an arrow pointing back the way we came."

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:00 am
by Tabs
"I have a makeup compact, blusher for 'healthy-looking' cheeks, it's chalk, pink chalk," offered Alyssa.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:19 pm
by BenTheRat
As you pull out your compact and check it has plenty of blush in it, the hatch above you opens.

You jump a bit but then notice it is Norman and Richard. Richard looks like he is back to his old self and you hear him say, "thank God."

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:05 pm
by Silver Priest
"I was unable to find Scott." Norman announces sadly. "And what's worse is that there are cultists just above us. I counted at least a dozen of them, and they chased us back here. We should ah, make haste, and find a way to block this entry."

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm glad you two made it back," says Eddie. "Let's not mark our trail after all, then. That trapdoor would be easy to seal from above, but not so much from below."
OOC,Are there handles on the underside of the trapdoor or something? I'd like to slide something through them or tie them down to keep the trapdoor from being pulled up.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:57 am
by BenTheRat
You see there is a handle on the bottom side, and the door lifts up.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy

"Anyone got anything sturdy we can slide through that handle?" asks Eddie. "If it juts out past the trapdoor, that'll keep it from opening. If we have to, we can use my nightstick or Aunt Loosa's cane, but we might need those."

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:16 am
by Tabs
"Righto," replied Alyssa, placing her compact away.

Mr. Smith, you made it back to us!" She looked at Richard and she gasped when Norman told of cultists.
OOC:   Alyssa has a satchel--for her camera kit--(I think so, anyway), can its strap be tied from the handle and round something sturdy?  

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:25 pm
by BenTheRat
Looking at the trap door you could tie a strap or rope to the handle and then tie it around one of the ladder rungs. How long that would hold you aren't sure, it could be a very long time or only a matter of a few minutes. And they maybe opening the door any minute, if they were as close as Norman said.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think we're better off just sliding something sturdy through the handle so that it juts out past the edge of the trapdoor. That only takes seconds, and it will keep someone from pulling it up. If [b]Aunt Loosa[/b] isn't willing to give up her cane, I'll use my nightstick, but I'd hate to lose it.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:48 am
by Tabs
"Auntie's cane is too flimsy," thought Alyssa, "but surely she needs it to walk? It's going to have to be your nightstick, Eddie ... or my strap." She looked round quickly, aware that the cultists could be on them at any moment.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:58 pm
by Mr. Handy

Eddie slides his nightstick through the handle so that the end juts out past the edge the trapdoor, making it impossible to open from above. "You're right," he says. "We don't have time to tie it down. Let's get moving fast. That'll delay them, but eventually they'll either break the trapdoor open or enter the tunnels some other way."

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 pm
by BenTheRat
You slip the nightstick through the handle and almost immediately it bangs as the trapdoor is yanked upwards. The Stick holds but it is a little loose not being an exact fit. It could come loose given enough time, but for now it is holding.
The door is yanked up again, "There is no where to run," you hear yelled down from above. "You are trapped, like rats in a maze. You will all soon be joining your friend you left abandoned out here all alone."

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie puts a finger to his lips, indicating to the others that they should not make any noise. Drawing his revolver, he leads the way down the tunnel to the south.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 am
by Tabs
Alyssa shepherds the prisoners after Eddie.

"Sounds as if Scott is gone," she whispered after they had walked away from the trapdoor. "These people, they are truly abominable. Maybe it's wicked of me to say this, but if one was in my sights I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger."

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:41 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Everyone make a listen check  

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:01 pm
by Silver Priest
"I w...won't let any of them harm you." Norman assures Alyssa.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Despite his panic, Norman hears something.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa Listen check [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie thinks he might have heard something, but he can't quite be sure.
OOC,Listen roll (55% skill) in the tunnel: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:22 am
by Papa Gateau
OOC,Listen[25]: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm
by BenTheRat
Norman,You hear people coming down the ladder and splashing from up ahead.
You travel south down through the passageway. The splashing of your feet cover up most sounds, though you can hear them still struggling with the door behind you trying to get the nightstick to fall out of its locking position.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:12 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman stops the group. "I hear people coming down the ladder, and sounds of splashing from up ahead!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"If we go back, we'll be caught between them," whispers Eddie. "If we rush forward, we may surprise them before they're ready for us."

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 am
by Tabs
Alyssa began saying the Lords Prayer over and over again inside her mind.

"Let's go surprise them," she said brightly.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:31 pm
by BenTheRat
You realize after the first step, it would be almost impossible to "surprise" them because of the loud splashing you would make if you rush them.

Do you still wish to "rush" them? While they will hear you coming, they still might not be ready.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,It may be even more effective to set up an ambush at the entrance to the tunnel. If we have sharp metal objects, we could scatter them like caltrops there. Since [b]Richard[/b] is with us, his spikes would do the trick. We could lean against the walls on either side of the tunnel mouth and attack them from behind when they rush out of it. They'll probably have lights, but they can't see us if we're around a corner.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:34 pm
by Tabs
"Good thinking," said Alyssa, reading Eddie's mind. " I'll stay back, but visible to those approaching, to act as bait and lure them forward?"

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 pm
by Silver Priest
"I'll do whatever you require of me," says Norman, trusting in Eddie's tactical sense.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"Too risky," Eddie whispers to Alyssa. "One of them might have a gun, or they could grab you. It's best if they don't see any of us until we spring the trap. Richard, scatter the spikes at the tunnel entrance like caltrops. Then we'll all hide against the wall on either side of the south tunnel. When they enter, we'll jump them. Get out whatever weapons you've got and get ready." He takes up his position.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am
by Tabs
"Okay." Alyssa stood against the tunnel, her hands clasped.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:16 am
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa grips her walking cane firmly in her hand, her face set in grim determination.

Whatever you say Eddie
ooc,[b]Aunt Loosa[/b] will be ready to use any dispell/counter magic necessary and any offensive capabilities she has.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:00 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman takes a deep breath and gets ready.
Spoiler:
Norman bought a hammer awhile ago. If he still has it he'll bring it out now. If not he'll focus on his fists.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:20 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   There's that pistol--I think Alyssa gave it to Norman?  

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I think that's right. If [b]Norman[/b] bought any nails to go with that hammer, those would make good caltrops too.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:16 am
by BenTheRat
OOC: I want to make sure I got the plan right.

You are going to throw the spikes in the water at the entrance to the chamber you were just in.
They seem to have stopped trying to get the nightstick out of the trapdoor.
You are going to split up and stand to either side of the entrance. Then surprise them when they come down the tunnel.

Any other preparations before we start?

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:34 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
Sorry about the pistol all, I must have missed that. Do any of you remember how much ammo was left for it?

Also, I was rereading the last thread and noticed i had Norman pick up one of the dead cultists swords, so that's another option once the gun runs dry.

But yeah, Norman will wait with the others until someone comes into view.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Is there anything I can use as a small club now that my nightstick is jamming the trapdoor shut (a rung from the ladder, perhaps)? I don't want to risk retrieving it, as they may try again to open it, and there may not be enough time anyway.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:32 pm
by Tabs
"I'll take the sword," said Alyssa.

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman hands the sword carefully to Alyssa.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:24 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC: Sorry for the delay, been super busy the last couple of days.

You all hide behind the walls as you hear them splashing down the hall. 4 Figures rush past you into the room. All 4 are wearing robes and carrying swords.

OOC: You have suprise on them, so get your full sets of attacks. Someone please roll for Richard as well. The 3 captives are not attacking.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie fires at the nearest swordsman, his first shot almost perfectly aimed.
OOC,If my first shot takes down a swordsman, I'll direct my second at a different one. Can we tell if the spikes hurt them? Handgun rolls (60 x 2 = 120% skill) shooting twice at the swordsmen, point blank: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] Damage to swordsman from first shot, impaling .38 bullet: [dice]2[/dice] Damage to swordsman from second shot, .38 bullet (I think this one should still hit, as I have effectively 120% skill and did not roll a 100: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:58 am
by Silver Priest
Norman fires his gun, aiming for the nearest cultist to him.
Spoiler:
Firearms roll [dice]0[/dice] skill 40

Damage [dice]1[/dice]

Believe I have one bullet left after this.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nice! That roll is an impale, so you do an additional 1d10+2 damage.

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:05 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
another 1d10 if needed [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Is that 3 of the 4 cultists down?  
Alyssa lunges with the sword.

[dice]0[/dice]--knife is 25%, so I guess she misses.
OOC:   Richard has a gun? Both it and Punch are 75%.  
Richard [dice]1[/dice] damage 1d10+1 [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:03 am
by BenTheRat
OOC,I play 96+ is always a miss. It didn't jam, but you missed.
The 4 swordsman spin around in time to see you hurl lead at them. 3 of them quickly fall to the ground. As the last one gets a swing in, you hear a loud explosion and splinters of wood fly through the room. It takes you a bit to realize the nightstick you had holding the hatch shut just exploded and the hatch was yanked up.
Random attack,1 = Eddie,2 = Richard, 3 = Alyssa, 4 Aunt Loosa, 5 = Norman. [dice]0[/dice]
The swordsman undeterred by his fellow cultists dropping, he stabs at you with his sword.
[dice]1[/dice]

The swordsman hits Norman with the sword, the sharp point going deep into his side.
[dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:09 am
by BenTheRat
The sword drove in deep and Norman gasped out in pain.
Norman,you took over half you hit points in 1 blow, take a Con check (65%) to stay conscious.
OOC; A new round is starting, those with guns in their hands may fire first.

Cultists begin to jump down from the ceiling.
Everyone,please make a listen roll.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:11 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Con roll

[dice]1[/dice] Listen if I stay up.
Norman goes down yet again.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:10 am
by Tabs
Alyssa Listen [dice]0[/dice]

Her nerve breaks, the destruction of the three cultists and more of them coming, Norman dropping to the watery floor with a horrible wound--she runs for her life down the tunnel which the cultists came from. "At least I'll outpace Aunt Loosa," flashes across her thought but immediately she feels wretched with herself.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

In spite of the recent gunfire, Eddie clearly hears something.
OOC,Hopefully too many of them can't jump down in a short period of time, as the trapdoor acts as a bottleneck, and they should be risking injury doing so (if they fail their Jump rolls). Listen roll (55% skill) in the chamber below the cemetery: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:52 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,absolutely on the bottle neck. And if they fail their jump roll they will hurt themselves.
Alyssa and Eddie,you clearly hear a voice up above talking, and it you recognize it as Phil.
A cultist jumps attempting to slide down the outside bars of the ladder.
[dice]0[/dice]

As he tries to grab the ladder his robe catches on something and he is tumbled over onto the ground with a loud splash.

OOC: Those with guns out can shoot. Please do so.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:04 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Phil's up there," hisses Eddie. As much as it pains him to let Alyssa rush off into the unknown, he can't follow her just yet. He just has to hope there are no more of them in that direction, or she'll run straight into them. He fires at the swordsman who just stabbed Norman, hitting him in the chest.
OOC,If my first shot takes down the cultist who stabbed [b]Norman[/b], I'll direct my second at the one that just arrived. Handgun rolls (60 x 2 = 120% skill) shooting twice at the cultists, point blank: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] Damage to cultists from two .38 bullets: [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:58 am
by BenTheRat
OOC: It took Eddie both shots to drop the cultist, You should only shoot 1, then we go in dex order. In this case you were ok to do it, but that may not be the case always.

Someone please roll for Richard. And lets wait for Aunt Loosa to act.

I'm currently at summer camp at the Seabase in Galveston having a blast, but I have internet and can post 1x per day.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Richard shot the cultist who had dropped through the trapdoor, wounding him moderately.
OOC,[b]Richard[/b]'s Handgun roll (75% skill): [dice]0[/dice] Damage to cultist from .38 bullet: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:16 am
by Tabs
Spoiler:
OOC:   What does Alyssa see?--I'm happy to wait on Aunt Aloosa and your return from hols.  

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 pm
by BenTheRat
You start to run down the hallway, the water splashing around you with each step. Its dark up ahead and you had turned off your flashlight.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:05 am
by Tabs
"Calm down, just a little," thought Alyssa. She steps forward in the dark, running her hand along the wall.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:53 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   I was kind of waiting for Aunt Loosa, do you think she would run with Alyssa or stay and Fight?
@SilverPriest would you like to take over Richard, at least while Norman is down.  

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:28 pm
by Silver Priest
OOC:   Sure, though I hope Norman survives. I've grown fond of the guy. ;) Richard's already acted this turn,right?  

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I already rolled for him. He did 5 damage.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 am
by Tabs
OOC:   If Loosa has useful combat spells ... she ought to help out.  

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:09 am
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa watches as the carnage unfolds about her, bodies falling to the ground as the deafening gunshots rebound off the cavern walls.

She watches Alyssa run off and is about to follow her when she hears Eddie say that Phil is upside.

Quietly under her breath she starts to call upon Papa Legba to bring the spirits and to guide them to her, to aid her in overcoming this evil. Her right is still tightly clenche around her walking cane, ready to strike at anybody that steps too close to her.
OOC:   Ben,

I can't remember what combat/offensive capabilities I might be able to call upon.  

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:50 pm
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa,you have never done any kind of magical offensive combat. If you look at your character, you have dispel, bless, healing and seance. However, you have heard of doing magical mental combat. Make an occult roll.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:16 pm
by Papa Gateau
Occult,90 : [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:23 pm
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa,you realize now is probably not the time to try something too crazy.
2 more men drop down following the one.

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Con roll for the guy who was already down and took 5 damage.
[dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:28 pm
by BenTheRat
The man with the sword took the shot, but regained his feet and is still coming at you. 2 more men slide down the railings swords drawn. (they cannot attack this round).

Aunt Loosa hiding in the back with the 3 escapees doesn't appear to be much of a threat and with Alyssa running, and Norman on the ground, that leaves Richard and Eddie.
Attack Rolls,Random, Richard = 1, Eddie = 2. [dice]0[/dice] Attack: [dice]1[/dice]
The sword stabs into Eddie doing massive damage.
[dice]2[/dice]
OOC:   ouch, an impale now. Things look bleak. Eddie, I think you owe me a Con roll.  
The 2 men from the hostages, reach down grabbing swords from the fallen cultists, "we are not going back to be food for that beast."
They face off against the 2 cultist that just slid down the railing.

This ends this round. Those with guns out can now shoot in the next round.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 pm
by Silver Priest
Richard shoots the man who stabbed Eddie, intent on saving his friend's life:
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] handgun anything but a fumble if point blank

damage [dice]1[/dice]

Does anyone know how many shots Richard has left for the gun?

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:07 pm
by BenTheRat
The sword still dripping from Eddie's blood falls into the water as the cultist falls to the ground from Richard's shot.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie falls, hoping that at least Alyssa manages to escape.
OOC,An impale means that the sword is still stuck in me. CON x 5 roll (50% stat) to stay conscious: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:03 am
by Tabs
OOC:   What's happening with Alyssa?  

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa stumbles along in the dark, the shadows consuming her. The gunshots from the room behind her are echoing through the halls. The splash of her feet mixing with the echoes. Then she hears Eddie scream out, she abandoned them.

Finally a small glimmer of light up ahead, you begin to rush for it.

Eddie falls to the ground, the sword stuck in his midsection. As he hits the ground he can see Aunt Loosa's eyes on him before the blackness overcomes him, joining Norman.

Another figure begins to descend the stairs, this one is in a red robe. He is descending much more carefully than those that jumped down.

Richard standing there with the gun, trying to remember how many shots are left in the gun. The 2 rescued victims standing there with swords in their hands, trembling. The 3rd victim, turns and runs to follow Alyssa but stumbles on the spikes on the ground, before regaining her feet and sprinting into the darkness.

Aunt Loosa is standing there, cane in hand.
OOC:   Handy is right, the sword is stuck in him. Forgot that rule. At this point Richard has a gun out and has first action. Aunt Loosa hasn't done anything in a couple rounds, so feel free to do something as well.  

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:46 pm
by Silver Priest
Richard steels himself. He won't be leaving two of his allies to die, not today. He aims and fires at one of the two cultists already down here.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] handgun 75"

[dice]1[/dice] damage
I"Grab Eddie's gun, Aunt Loosa!" he shouts towards the elderly woman.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:25 am
by Tabs
Alyssa headed for the light, trying not to splash too much.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:44 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa slows down shuffling through the water instead of running, as she approaches the underground chamber, shadows are casting around. The light is eminating from the trapdoor at the top of the ladder. The door is open. You don't hear anyone up there. But you cannot tell.

Richards gun goes off loudly and echoes around the room. The swordsman drops to the ground.

The cultist swordsman takes a swipe at one of the rescued victims.

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:45 pm
by BenTheRat
He misses, and the 2 victims swing their swords at him.

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

They both miss horribly. The man in the red robes steps down from the ladder and turns, pulling out a sword that sparkles in the darkness, not at all like the other swords you've seen.

"Ok, enough of this Richard, he says. Drop your weapons, there is no need for anyone else to die here today." Phil says in a very confident sounding voice.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa climbed the ladder to the trapdoor, hoping she wasn't heading for an ambush.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:15 pm
by Silver Priest
Richard's eyes narrow upon seeing Phil. "You started this Phil. And I'm going to finish it."

He points the gun at the cult leader and fires.
Spoiler:
Probably a dumb idea, but I don't trust Phil as far as I can throw him. He's hoping for another 11.

[dice]0[/dice] firearms skill 75

damage [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:20 pm
by BenTheRat
You take aim at his chest and pull the trigger only to have your heart sink when you hear the deafing click.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:55 am
by Silver Priest
A long second passes. Richard has the good grace to look briefly mortified.

Then he goes for Eddie's gun, trying to rearm himself.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 am
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa steps towards Phil and swings her cane at him, hoping to distract him long enough for Richard to grab Eddie's discarded gun
ooc,Not sure what skill to roll, probably small club, though the cane has a longer reach than that? [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:33 pm
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa swings her cane at Phil and barely misses.

The 2 men you rescued swing their swords and the othe cultist.
[dice]1[/dice][dice]0[/dice]

The first one would hit but the cultist attempts to parry with his own sword.
[dice]2[/dice]

Easily knocking the sword blow to the side, he stabs at one of the men.
[dice]3[/dice]

But misses.

Phil looks reluctant to strike Loosa, "Dear lady, I have no desire to harm you. Please step aside."
He attempts to disarm you of your walking stick.
[dice]4[/dice]

Phil strikes Aunt Loosa in the hand and will do 1 point and she will drop her stick, unless you can parry the blow. (base 30% chance)
Alyssa,as you reach the top of the ladder you hear splashing as if someone is running up the tunnel at you.
OOC:   sorry about the delay, real life and all that.  

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:43 pm
by Tabs
What Alyssa did next,She'll go back down the ladder and crouch in the dark.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:28 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Still waiting on Aunt Loosa  
Alyssa,you see the woman you rescued run into the room and fall to the ground. "Alyssa, did you come this way?" she says into the darkness.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:09 am
by Tabs
"Here," Alyssa whispered, and stood up. "This way, quick," and she began to climb the ladder.

Aunt Loosa dropped her stick. "I'm too old, Phil, I submit to your evil force. What else can I do?"

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:31 pm
by BenTheRat
Allysa,the girl follows you up the ladder, when you get to the top, you recognize the basement of the church you entered so long ago. No one else seems to be in the basement.
As Richard reloads the gun, Aunt Loosa drops her cane. The other 2 victims continue to fight on.

One of them lurches at Phil, "I will not be food for your beast," he says as he stabs.
[dice]0[/dice]

The 2nd one attacks the last cultist.
[dice]1[/dice]

The one attacking Phil was deadly accurate, but Phil will parry. While the 2nd one missed horribly.
[dice]2[/dice]

Phil easily knocks the sword to 1 side and attacks.
[dice]3[/dice]

The man attempts to parry
[dice]4[/dice]

Failing to parry, Phil slides his sword into the man, and it gets stuck as it impales him.
[dice]5[/dice]

The man falls to the ground, with Phil's sword still stuck in him.
OOC: Aunt Loosa if you want to do something now you can.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:03 pm
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
If Richard can attack again I'll do so now. If I'm jumping the gun let me know.
Seeing another of his comrades fall is enough to spur Richard on. He points his gun at Phil and fires.

[dice]0[/dice] 75%

[dice]1[/dice]

"Don't give up Aunt Loosa! The bastard will kill us all!"

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:55 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Yea, you shot last round and it takes a round to reload. Lucky for you, Phil lost his sword.  

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:48 am
by Tabs
"This way," said Alyssa to the girl. She'll exit the church.

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:42 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,as you and the girl exit the church you immediately spot a police car sitting in the parking lot. A man in uniform is standing next to the car lighting a cigarette, so he hasn't seen you yet. He is "near" your car but not right by it.
OOC:   I will give Aunt Loosa a bit more time to respond before proceeding.  

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa said,"That's our ticket outta here," said Alyssa to the girl. "What's your name by the way?"

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,the young woman looks at you a bit surprised, as if she had forgotten her name, but just now realized she forgot. Or had not realized it yet. She tilted her head a bit, then "Robin, I think it's Robin." She smiled big like a child who just got a present. But then the smiled quickly disappeared. "But what are we going to do about the deputy. If he sees us he'll take me back to that ..." and Robin can't seem to finish her sentence.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:56 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Silver or Handy, what would you like Aunt Loosa to do?  

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:50 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa said,"Robin, let me do the talking." She walked up to the officer. "Sir, there's a man, behind the church, who made a lewd comment to my girlfriend here," Alyssa indicated Robin. "I think," she gulped, "he was touching himself." All the while she tried to spy the car's ignition and hopefully its keys.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I don't know what spells [b]Aunt Loosa[/b] has, but maybe she has something useful she can cast. Otherwise, she can pick up one of the dropped guns and try to shoot [b]Phil[/b]. You can fire one shot on the same round you pick up or draw a gun, it just goes during the melee portion of the round. I know my gun has two bullets left in it.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:02 am
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,as you start to walk [b]Robin [/b]grabs your arm [color=#0000FF]"he knows me. He's the one who drug me down in that pit.[/color]"

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:11 pm
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
I'm fine with Aunt Loosa picking up the nearest gun and shooting Phil.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:44 am
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa sees Eddies pistol on the ground. Phil had a look of panic on his face as his sword was stuck in the dead body.

She quickly raises the gun and fires at Phil.
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:52 am
by BenTheRat
Even Aunt Loosa couldn't miss at this range.

[dice]0[/dice]

The shot slams into Phil's chest and he collapses to the ground. The last cultist turns and runs down the one corridor you haven't been down.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:00 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nice! Of course, if she was using my gun, it's just a .38, which means it does 1d10, not 1d10+2 damage. She could have picked up the other gun, though. I'm not sure how much damage that one does. 9 might be enough to knock [b]Phil[/b] out anyway.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:25 am
by Silver Priest
OOC:   Does Richard get another turn to fire at the last cultist before he fully escapes?  

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 pm
by Tabs
"Oh, nuts!" was Alyssa's laconic reply. "If he's one of the bad guys... any ideas, Robin?"

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:20 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Richard can take a shot as can Aunt Loosa, though I don't see her being the type to shoot someone fleeing. But Richard probably is. But if Aunt Loosa's regular player comes back, he can do what he likes. It will not be point blank range.  
Robin looks over at Alyssa, "I don't know."

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 am
by Tabs
Alyssa looked around. Can she guess the way to the Colonel's house?

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm
by Silver Priest
Seeing so many of their friends hurt or killed, Richard wants revenge. He aims for the fleeing cultist and fires.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] firearms

[dice]1[/dice]
It goes wide, and he curses. But he's not fool enough to pursue. He looks towards Aunt Loosa and the other survivor.

"We may not have much time, if that man is going to alert others. Do either of you know first aid? Let's try and get Eddie and Norman back on their feet. I might be able to carry one person, but it will be easier for all of us if they can walk.

"I'd like to take Phil with us. If he's still alive he can tell us just what the cult's up to. If he's dead at least we can prevent them coming back for him."

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:05 pm
by BenTheRat
The last of the people you rescued, looks down at Norman, and Eddie. "I think I can help."
He kneels down and tries 1st aid on the two.
Norman,1st aid [dice]0[/dice]
Eddie,1st aid [dice]1[/dice]
Talk about some awesomeness First aid. He seems rather proud of himself working in the sewer with little to work with.
Norman,get back [dice]2[/dice]
Eddie,get back [dice]3[/dice]
he then checks his friend that has the sword sticking up out of him, his eyes wide open. "This one is dead."

he then goes over to Phil, "same here."

Norman and Eddie will be waking up about now. But still groggy despite the outstanding medical attention they received.
Alyssa,you can make a navigation roll

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie slowly comes to his senses. He is still in pain, but is in surprisingly good shape considering he has just been run through. He had expected to be dead after that. "Alyssa..." he croaks.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:12 am
by Tabs
Alyssa Navigate 10% [dice]0[/dice]

She hasn't a clue of the way to the Colonel's.

To Robin: "Right, I'll try something else--you stay hidden."

She runs up to the officer.

"Message from Phil..."

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,The deputy looks up from lighting his cigarette as you appoach. A curious look comes across his face. A small town like Rockport he knows about everyone, but you are not familiar. After you say "Phil needs him." A look of doubt crosses his face. "Who exactly are you? Why wouldn't Phil send someone I know?" the deputy asks. make either a persuasion or fast talk role. If you roleplay it well I'll give you +10%

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:24 pm
by Silver Priest
This is the second time Norman has fallen unconscious from pain in the last night, and he cannot say he finds himself a fan of it. Still, it was pleasantly surprising to find himself still alive.

"Owww," he mumbles finding his feet and unsteadily rising to them. "We won? Oh my. How unexpected. Is everyone alright?" He sees all the bodies and turns white as a sheet."On our side, anyway."

Richard attempts to grab Phil's body to take with them, in order to prevent him being resurrected like the Reverend had been.
Spoiler:
Sorry for rping two characters at once. I'm fine with giving back control of Richard now if needed. I'll go back to Norman full time.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie drags himself to his feet and retrieves and reloads his revolver, then picks up a fallen sword. "I'll live, but we need to get out of here, fast," he says. "Alyssa went down the tunnel leading back towards the church, so we should head that way. Just watch out for the spikes. Thank you for saving us. I thought we were done for."

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:12 pm
by BenTheRat
Everyone gets their gear and while Eddie and Norman are still a little weak, with help they can make their way down the tunnel dragging Phil's body behind. A pile of bodies from the dead cultists and the one person you rescued still lying in the tunnel.

You get to the end of the tunnel and the ladder leads up. There is also 2 other tunnels leading away as well as the one you came down. And the secret door that leads to the Colonels house.

Currently in the group:
Aunt Loosa, Richard, Eddie, Norman and the rescued victim carrying a sword and handy with a med kit.

Up top:
Alyssa, Robin

OOC: I do not have a problem with you guys playing multiple characters. I keep hoping Richard will return.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:36 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman grabs a sword as he's leaving.

Richard meanwhile quickly sees that dragging Phil's body with them is likely to attract attention and distract him from fighting if anymore cultists show up. He looks to Norman. "Hey Norman, hand me your sword, will you?"

Norman does so, and Richard instead tries to cut Phil's head off. "He can't become a fish without his head!" He laughs unsteadily. Once done, he returns the sword to Norman, who looks queasy.

"Which way did our friends go?" says Norman. "I'd hate for them to be lost within these dark tunnels. Especially Alyssa."
Spoiler:
Please let me know if I need to make any rolls to cut off the head or SAN rolls.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 pm
by Tabs
Alyssa Fast Talk 75% [dice]0[/dice]

"I'm new--to the cult," said Alyssa. "There's some kinda problem, what it is? I don't know. But he needs a bit of muscle." She smiled attractively.

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we have to find her," says Eddie. He looks around for signs of her recent passage. "We were heading to the church to get our cars back, so she might have fled that way, but it's also possible she went back to the Colonel's."

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:36 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   No real skill in hacking off someones head, though it does take a few whacks. Everyone besides Richard in the tunnel will need to roll a Sanity 1/1d3 check for seeing Richard mutilate someone's body.
Richard, you need to take a sanity 1/ 1d6 check for cutting off his head.  

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:14 pm
by Silver Priest
OOC:   Sorry Everyone :(  
Spoiler:
Richard [dice]0[/dice] Fail

[dice]1[/dice]

Norman [dice]2[/dice] Pass

[dice]3[/dice]
"My word!" Says Norman. "Mr. Rahl, what are you doing?"

"The Reverend came back. Without the head, Phil can't be a fish." His eyes are that of a zealot.

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie looks away in disgust, but he isn't too badly shaken.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing the beheading: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing the beheading: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:01 pm
by BenTheRat
Alyssa,The deputy looks at you funny, but he seems to buy your story. He grabs you by the arm, you better come with me sweetheart. grapple roll[dice]0[/dice]
NPC Sanity with you:
[dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice]

Aunt Loosa's Sanity
[dice]3[/dice][dice]4[/dice]

So where are you heading?

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"I can't tell which way she went," says Eddie. "If she went to the Colonel's, she'll be safe enough there for now. But if she went up the ladder to the church, she could be in danger. We need to go that way, just in case." He starts climbing the ladder.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:25 am
by Silver Priest
Norman follows. "Indeed. But if we don't see her up there, I think we should perhaps come back and try the other path. I hate to think Alyssa is lost and alone, thinking us all dead, or worse."

Richard makes to follow as well, but looks at Aunt Loosa. "Will you be able to climb up after us?" As far as he's concerned the woman saved them all, and he's grown protective of her.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:39 am
by Tabs
The Grapple roll, was that a success?

"No need to grab me," said Alyssa. "I'm comin'!" She pointed at the church, "This way."

Did she spy the car's keys?

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:56 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC: Sorry, he missed the grapple roll.

The deputy reached for Alyssa, but you easily pulled away and started walking for the church. You didn't see the keys to his patrol car. As you get closer you don't see Robin anywhere.

Richard as you finish climbing the ladder up an into the basement you see the young woman you rescued running down the stairs. When she sees you she almost falls down, "oh thank God it's you. Alyssa is in trouble."

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie's heart catches in his throat. "Where is she?" he asks, already running for the stairs, drawing his revolver and sword.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:15 pm
by BenTheRat
"The deputy has her," she says as you run past.

OOC: who was next up the ladder? Norman or Richard?

Eddie bounds up the steps and sees the open door as you look out you see Alyssa just 10' away from you and the Deputy right behind her.
A look of recognition comes over the deputy's face. He starts to reach for his pistol....

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:34 pm
by Tabs
"Eddie!" exclaimed Alyssa. She had sense to dive to one side.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:38 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman races up the stairs after Eddie. His body aches all over but hearing of Alyssa's peril spurs him onward.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie doesn't think, he just reacts. While the deputy is going for his gun, Eddie already has his in his hand, and that advantage is crucial. While ordinarily he might hesitate at shooting a fellow lawman, he knows that Alyssa is in danger and that this man is the source of that danger. He levels his revolver at the man's chest and fires the instant Alyssa is clear, wounding him grievously.
OOC,I'm guessing it's within point blank range for me (16 feet) if [b]Alyssa[/b] is ten feet away and he's right behind her. If his DEX is less than 16, I should get my second shot off as well (if needed) before he gets his first. Handgun roll (60 x 2 = 120% skill) shooting at the deputy, point blank: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to deputy from .38 bullet: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:40 am
by BenTheRat
The deputy never gets to his gun, the bullet slamming into his chest. He looks down, the blood spreading across his deputy shirt. He gasps a little as he slumps to the ground. Blood is trickling out of his mouth, as he gasps for air.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"Are you all right, Alyssa?" Eddie asks. Now that the immediate danger is past, Eddie moves to save the life of the man he just shot. He had no wish to kill him, and is relieved that he has a chance to survive. First disarming the wounded deputy and then handcuffing his arms behind his back as a precaution, he applies pressure to the wound.
OOC,First Aid roll (55% skill): [dice]0[/dice] HP regained by deputy: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:33 am
by Tabs
Alyssa scrambled onto her feet.

"He's one of the bad guys you know." Then, His car is just behind us. The keys must be in one pocket." Finally, "Eddie, Norman, I thought you were dea-- I'm glad to see you both again" she smiled, "very glad."

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:05 pm
by BenTheRat
As you try and apply first aid he struggles with you, "It doesn't matter.. Soon it will be over for all of you anyway." He goes into a coughing fit as the blood begins to fill his lungs. Blood spouts out of his mouth. Your attempts to stop the blood flow with him twisting around, prove futile. As the coughing subsides and he is covered in his own blood he laughs, and looks you in the eye. "And there is nothing you can do.." he starts to cough again and a large amount of blood comes out, more than would seem natural, and he goes limp.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:27 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman pants, out of breath from the running. Once he sees Alyssa though a big smile crosses his face. 'I'm relieved to see you are safe, ms. Ryan." A bitter thought crosses his mind that once again he had been unable to protect her, but he dismisses it. What matters is that she's safe.

Richard comes next, nodding curtly to Alyssa. He looks dispassionately at the dying man. "Good riddance. Join Phil in hell."

"Shame he died though, I'd have liked to have interrogated him. Gotten an exact number of cultists. By any estimation though I think we've harmed them. Both Phil and the Reverend are dead. And Phil at least won't be coming back."

He motions to the dead man. "Someone take his gun. We might need it if we have to shoot our way out."

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"I know he's one of the bad guys," says Eddie, retrieving the handcuffs and searching the dead man's pockets for car keys, "but I'm one of the good guys, and I couldn't just let him die. I've already got a gun. You should take his, Alyssa." He offers it to her. "Let's all get out of here, quickly. Hopefully the cars are still outside."

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:08 am
by BenTheRat
The keys to the deputies car are in his pocket. Your cars are still there in the parking lot as well. Everything is quiet as everyone comes out and into the parking lot.

You see the guy you rescued counting on his fingers. "You got all the fish guys, and Phil, and the deputy. Hell I don't think there are enough cultist to do anything now. Besides the Sheriff, there can't be more than a couple more. I think its over. Thanks for the rescue guys, but I think I'm getting the hell out of town." The man turns and starts walking towards the train station.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"You're welcome," says Eddie, "but it only takes one to cause problems for you if you're alone. I think we should all stick together."

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:53 am
by Tabs
Alyssa took the gun offered by Eddie. To Norman: "I'm sure you did marvellously, Mr.
Smith."

"Let's take the cars and escape at last!"

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:01 pm
by BenTheRat
He waves and keeps walking, disappearing around a corner in the darkness. You realize as you say Mr. Smith that you never asked him his name.
Robin is still shaking. "What are you doing now? I'd like to get out of town also, are you leaving?"

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:15 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we're leaving," says Eddie, holding out the deputy's car keys. "I've got my own car, the Model T over there, so whoever wants to can take the deputy's car. Alyssa, would you care to ride with me? I'm relieved you're okay, and it's very good to see you too. I thought I was dead down there too, and I was just glad you had gotten out of there." He smiles back at her.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:33 pm
by Silver Priest
"Is there, uh, room for one more?" Norman asks Eddie. He blushes at Alyssa's praise. "Thank you Ms. Ryan, but it was Richard who saved us."

"And Aunt Loosa." Richard points out. "She took down Phil.I didn't think the old girl had it in her!" He turns towards Robin. "I guess we're taking the deputy's car then."

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Sure, plenty of room," says Eddie, fishing out his own car keys after handing the deputy's to Richard.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:24 am
by BenTheRat
Robin says "I'll ride with you out of town. I think I am safe once we leave here. But what do you think the deputy meant right before he died. Do you think he was talking about whatever is in ..." She trailed off as a look of terror crossed her face.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"He might have been," said Eddie. "Once we get you to safety and are better prepared, the rest of us will need to come back and deal with it. Dynamite tossed down that pit should do the trick. Or we can just collapse that whole cavern.'

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:54 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   Okay, so I want to fast forward this some. You can drive out of town without being stopped.

What are you wanting to be "more prepared?" So we can get this game moving and finished up.  

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:58 am
by Tabs
"Dynamite--let's blow it to hell!" said Alyssa viciously as she lent forward from the Ford's rear seat, speaking between Eddie and Norman. She relaxed. "I seriously--seriously--doubted we'd make it out alive. Thanks, a deserved thanks to you both."

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"You're very welcome, Alyssa," says Eddie, glancing back at her briefly before returning his attention to the road. "I thought we were done for too. I'm just relieved you're okay. I would never have forgiven myself if anything had happened to you."
OOC,We'll want shotguns and dynamite, for starters, and I'd like to buy a replacement nightstick. We should also report in to MAPS and tell them everything that's happened so far.

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 am
by Silver Priest
Norman coughs politely.

"The uh, Sheriff may yet be a problem. We will have to face him at some point." His tone indicates this is not an appealing prospect for him. "I don't suppose he may just decide to give up, now that the leaders are dead?"

"What's more, I don't suppose you know anyone Edward who could get us some Tommy Guns?"
Spoiler:
Dynamite and enough guns and ammo for all of us sounds good. ;)

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Tommy guns are simple enough to get," says Eddie. "You can just mail order them - if you have the dough. They cost hundreds of dollars each. I don't have that much, not on a cop's salary."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:05 pm
by BenTheRat
This thread is now closed, I fast forwarded to the museum, here.