Page 1 of 1

IC Ch 6c: Discovories

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:33 am
by BenTheRat
Richard, Norman and Charles make it back to the Woods house. You see that everyone has already made it back.

Re: IC Ch 6c: Discovories

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"Welcome back," says Eddie. "We found the next clue on Thatcher Island. It's: 'We dug too deep, and found our god.' If only we knew what it meant. Did you learn anything?"

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:01 am
by DrVendetta
Richard answers "Actually we learned alot but I want to try to confirm some of it later in a meeting with someone. You can't trust most people in town because the cult has them all scared sideways. The cult has already retrieved some type of monster and we think we know where they are holding up at."

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do you know what kind of monster?" asks Eddie. "We caught a glimpse of a monster ourselves, under the water on the boat ride back. All I could see was a hump and a fin, but Aunt Loosa got a better look at it - and it was looking right back at her! It seemed to be intelligent."

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:37 am
by Silver Priest
"Are you quite sure the fish was monstrous? For all we know it could be a friendly if mischievous creature. Especially if it did not attack you."

Norman brightens up, quite pleased with what his group has learned. "We spoke to the Reverend from The Universalist Church, one of two churches in the community. It took some convincing, but he gave us much useful information. We found a location of the Chapel. We're to follow Granite Street north and it is on the right. We also learned that the Congregational church is in league with the uh, Chapel. But The hardware store owner and the Woods house are both safe places within the town. Apparently their owners have recently had their family members sacrificed by the chapel. But the art institute and probably the sheriff's office have been compromised."

"The good Reverend warned us that we could trust very few people within this town. He offered us sanctuary should we need it. I believe he is trustworthy."

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's good to know," says Eddie. "Let's hope we don't need it. Any ideas on what we should do tomorrow? We need to know what that last clue meant so we can find the next one, but I have no idea what it means yet. Maybe we should sleep on it. Our dreams last night told us where to look today and what the clue meant."

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:04 am
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa,You can feel the power from the nearby lay lines but the connection is weak. You get a somewhat cryptic message from your guide, [color=#BF4000]"When cooking chicken feet, you must skim the scum off first to get to the good stuff underneath."[/color] That is all you get.

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:12 am
by DrVendetta
OOC: According to the thread we were in it is only about 1:30pm in the afternoon we still have the afternoon and evening ahead of us.

Richard replies "Well I for one am hungrey and am hoping we didnt miss lunch. I would also like to change into some dry clothes. Like I said I need to go and meet with someone at 9pm tonight to confirm a few things, it would probably be a good idea to have a few people watch from a distance to ensure something dosent happen. Maybe even have someone from your group steak out the place a few hours early just to makle sure I am not walking into a trap as I amPOSITIVE that the Chapel is aware we are here."

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:51 am
by Mr. Handy
"There's also the reservoir and the quarry," says Eddie. "We never did check them out."
OOC,Is the storm still going on now? We might not want to go back outside until it settles down.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:22 am
by BenTheRat
The rain is still pouring outside, but it does sound like it is letting up some.

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 am
by DrVendetta
"So how and where did you find the clue on the island?" ask Richard

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"First we went to the top of the nearer lighthouse and looked between them," says Eddie. "The only thing of interest there was a shed, so we went to have a look inside. There was no floor, only dirt, but no grass either. There were shovels stored inside, so the only thing to do was dig. Aunt Loosa sensed where it was somehow, and digging in the right spot revealed a plaque with the clue. It was in code, but I was able to solve it."

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 am
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa returns downstairs about an hour later

Hello dears she acknowledges the return of the others with a smile Well, I just couldn't nap, that wind and rain rattling the windows and shutters!

She makes enquiries as to what the others have learned and listens intently whilst Richard patiently repeats himself.

Hmm, very interesting, so the chapel has most of the town enthralled and have summoned or captured themselves some kind of monstrous creature. Did Eddie recount what we saw coming back from the island? she goes on to describe the large frog-like creature and the fact that she felt is was sentient and then continues interestingly, the boatman told us a story of local provenance about an old lady who lives in the 'witches' house at Pidgeon Cove, he claims that she summons these storms to capsize boats. There are creatures in the water, possibly like the one I just described, that grab the shipwrecked sailors and drag them down to the depths to sacrifice to their 'dark gods'.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe this 'god' they found is underwater rather than underground," says Eddie. "But you don't dig in water, so that doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's talking about some sort of idol, but where would they have dug for it? Anyway, that old lady's house is another lead we'll need to pursue."

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:49 pm
by BenTheRat
After sitting around comparing notes, the afternoon quickly wains as the rain eventually stops. The aroma of supper fills the air. Your host comes out, "Supper will be ready in about 30 minutes if you'd like to wash up first."

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:12 am
by DrVendetta
Richard stands up and says "Well I need to get some dry clothes on I will see you all at the dinner table"

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, I'll see you all then as well," says Eddie, heading up to his room to get ready for supper.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:07 am
by Silver Priest
Norman decides to do the same. He's positively famished. He is interested in bringing up the information the reverend offered him to Angela. Perhaps she could assist the group.

But first, he intends to have a lovely meal.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 am
by BenTheRat
You get into dry clothes and have a wonderful meal. Afterwards Angela is serving pie and coffee. She sits down also, "Wasn't that just the worst storm. We usually don't get those this time of year."

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 am
by DrVendetta
Richard sips on his cofee between bites of pie.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"It certainly was," says Eddie between mouthfuls of pie. "It struck when we were out on Thatcher Island. We just barely got off of it in time."

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:25 am
by Silver Priest
Norman considers how best to raise the issues with Angela. This called for a cautious approach.

"What a lovely meal. madame, you have outdone yourself." he begins.

"We spoke with Reverend Peterson today. He mentioned you are a kind soul. Someone who can be trusted. He also mentioned that your family has suffered a grave loss uh, recently. You have our deepest condolences."

He waits to see how she reacts before pressing the matter.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:07 am
by BenTheRat
"Oh, thank my cook, that was all her." She smiles. When you bring up her recent loss her smile fades, "Yes, my parents both passed away a while back."

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:29 am
by Silver Priest
"I am sorry to hear that. Apparently a lot of folks have lost family members recently. The Reverend mentioned Christina at the Hardware store did as well. It seems like a difficult time for the good folks of Rockport." Norman adds.

"In fact, The Reverend shared with us that he believes a Chapel of some sort is behind the uh, recent misfortunes."

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:50 pm
by BenTheRat
"Yes sir, Christina lost her father about a month after my mother passed," then after hearing the last part, she smiled "Oh that's just silly. Why would a church have anything to do with murder. Christina thought that also, but they were just accidents. Nothing more." she says as she gets up and collects empty pie plates.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:31 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Did Christina make her suspicions public?" asks Eddie.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:12 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard gently reaches out and places his hand on Angela's arm and wrist and gently urges her back into her seat and with a warm and heartfelt voice says "Angela, I know this is hard for you but you need to hear this please take a few moments to talk to us about this, otherswise they may have already won, the threat here is VERY real. They are working to make everyone believe there is no threat and that all of these strange occurances are freak accidents, please believe us when we tell you that they are'nt"

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 am
by BenTheRat
Angela sits down, "NO, my parents died in accidents. Nothing more. Deputy Morris assured me they found nothing to indicate foul play. There is no conspiracy." She says as she puts her head down in her hands.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 am
by DrVendetta
Richard places his hand on Angela's back trying to offer her some comfort from her grief "I am truely sorry Angela, but there is a very strong possibility that the Deputies office is involved with this. I know this is hard for you but could you please go over the details of how your parent passed and anything unusual about what they may have been involved with the days leading up to each of them passing?"

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am
by BenTheRat
"My father died two years ago. It was just a boating accident." She looks up at you, "And my mother almost a year ago. She died from a shark attack, nothing more to it." She says indignantly.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"We saw something that resembled a shark on our way back from Thatcher Island," says Eddie, "only it wasn't exactly a shark. Aunt Loosa got a better look at it than I did."

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:42 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard softley says "This is what I am talking about, they always fiond a way to make it look like something else" to Angela

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:05 am
by BenTheRat
OOC,Richard, make a persuade roll.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:06 am
by DrVendetta
Persuasion roll,75% chance [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:50 pm
by Medri
Charles follows the happenings around the table.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:07 am
by BenTheRat
Angela looks up at you not sure if she believes you or not. "But that would mean..." you see her begin to shake, then put her face down in her hands.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:42 am
by DrVendetta
Richard gently rubs her back to comfort her as she sobs and softly says "Go ahead get the emotions out its ok, but we need you to have a clear head when you tell us everything you remember about the things leading up to their passings"

Richard looks up to the others and puts his hand up to them signalling them to give her a minute, to let her emotions run their course.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie doesn't know what to say, but he looks at Aunt Loosa, who he feels would be best suited to comfort Angela.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:18 am
by BenTheRat
The cook comes in. A rather plump 30 year old black woman. "Miss Angela," Then she looks at you. "What have you done? Don't you know to leave dead ghosts lie." She pulls a roller pin out of nowhere it seems. "Now get away from her."

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:43 pm
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa moves towards Angela to comfort her when the maid walks in.

She places herself between Angela and the maid, then shoots the maid a stern glare Now dear, your concern is well meant but your actions misplaced. Put that rolling stick of yours back where it came from.

Tidy away these dishes whilst my Doctor friend help Miss Angela
she steps closer to the maid and then hisses forcefully, dropping into a deeper southern accent Girl, what you tink you doin? You threatnin' these decent white folk? What you tink goin' to happen to a coloured girl who threaten white folk? You crazy girl? We may be free now but they don't tink twice about lockin us away for doin' nutin'. What good and help you goin be if you locked in jail, huh? Now go! Clear dem dishes and I'll set these nice folk aright by you

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:30 pm
by BenTheRat
"No Ma'am, you don't understand this town. There is no black and white here. There are followers, enemies and those that don't know nothin. Miss Angela fell in the last category, but she wears her emotions on her sleeve. You are writing her death sentence. Get them men away from her, and I'll tell you everything I know." she says.

Re: IC Ch 6c: Discoveries

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 pm
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa gives the maid a long, appraising look and then turns to the others Gentlemen perhaps you could leave Miss Angela with me and her maid, I think that this requires a woman's touch she smiles warmly at them I know you mean well but we woman folk can be fragile creatures at time and feel better when in our own company

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"Of course," says Eddie. "Come on, fellows, let's give them some privacy." He ushers the other men out of the room and follows them, leaving things to Aunt Loosa, Alyssa, and the maid.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:23 am
by Silver Priest
Norman regrets starting all of this and causing Alyssa to have a breakdown. After all, what could she really offer them? He follows Officer Edward out of the room, his head hung low.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:53 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks to the front of the house and looks out the window to see what is going on, if anything out on the street.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:01 pm
by BenTheRat
The maid thanks Aunt Loosa, then approaches Angela, "Oh sweet dear, what ghost stories have they told you." She takes her by the hands and leads her to Angela's bedroom. "Let me get you some nice hot tea to settle you."

You can hear Angela mumbling under her breath about monsters in the sea. And the cook continues to calm her and reassure her that everything is okay.

After leaving her in her bedroom, she goes into the kitchen and a few minutes later returns with a cup of tea, gives it to Angela then leaves her shutting her door.

"Go get everyone, and I will answer what questions you have," the cook answers.
Richard,make a spot hidden check for me.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

Eddie gathers the others and returns to the maid.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:14 am
by BenTheRat
"Ok, she should be out by now," she says. "What do you want to know?"

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:02 am
by DrVendetta
Spot Hidden,49% chance [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:13 pm
by Papa Gateau

I think your words were "I'll tell you everything I know", so lets start with that shall we? Aunt Loosa smiles but there is a hardness to her lips.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:44 am
by Medri
Charles takes a seat and puts his hands together in his knee, looking over to the maid listening for what she will have to say.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:20 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,You think you saw someone sitting in a car down the street.
"Very well, I overheard enough to know you are aware there is a cult in the city. Who they worship, I don't know. But I know they control a couple monsters. I have seen them swimming in the bay. They usually go out during bad weather to cover their attacks. I have seen people in robes moving around late at night entering the Congregational Church." She says.
"I am certain the art dealer is in on it, I think those poor souls they have painting on the wharf are being used as sacrifices." She finishes, looking around. "It's not safe here. Like I said, you are either in on it, ignorant of it, or dead."

She falls silent and sips her tea. "That's it in a nutshell."

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 am
by DrVendetta
Ben,Does there look like a way that I could slip out the back of the house and sneak up on the car from behind it?

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"How aware are they of us?" asks Eddie. "Have we done anything that would attract their attention? Aunt Loosa and I did see one of their monsters on the way back from Thatcher Island, and it looked back it her. Maybe it's able to communicate with them somehow."

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:28 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,not without going about a mile. It is parked in a street away from the house.
"Most certainly. They seem to have spies everywhere." she replies.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:54 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks back to where the others are.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:33 pm
by BenTheRat
She catches Richard up on anything you missed, 'Did you see something outside? You were standing there a long while?"

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:48 pm
by DrVendetta
"Sorry" replies Richard "Were you expecting me to see something?"

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:05 am
by Silver Priest
"The Reverend told us that the cult has spies everywhere," Norman points out, worried. "If they've already identified us as a threat, we could all be in grave danger."

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 am
by BenTheRat
"No, you just look like you saw something." She answered. "I'm sure they identified you, but they usually won't attack you directly. They like to pick off those alone, and when nothing can draw back to them. Very sneaky that bunch." She sipped her tea. "I think you are safe here."

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:06 am
by DrVendetta
Richard smiles back at the woman as he sits back down at the table "You are a very perceptive woman, clearly you have seen this happen to others, why would you say we are safe here?"

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:13 am
by BenTheRat
"Because there are always several people here. It would be too big a target." She said. "I mean they might, but it would be unprecedented."

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:53 pm
by Papa Gateau

I think it's safe to say they know we're here. We had our little welcoming just out of town, did we not? I would even suggest we were expected

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:19 pm
by Medri
Charles looks out the windows at the mention of the arrival, the thought of the bird makes him uncomfortable.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:25 am
by BenTheRat
You don't see anything outside the window that looks out of the ordinary.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Nobody goes anywhere alone," says Eddie. "We must always travel in groups of at least two, preferably three."

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:05 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard replies "I agree with Loosa, they knew we were coming from the start thats why we had our little incident outside of town. There is 'someone sitting in a car out there way down the street watching the house and I am assuming that they are watching us. Eddie is correct I think that the smallest group we travel in would be 3 from this point forward"

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:13 pm
by Papa Gateau
Aunt Loosa

Richard, your meeting this evening, do you have to attend it alone? Could one or two of us accompany you?

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:38 am
by DrVendetta
Richard chuckles "Oh I definetly ain't going alone, I do not have a death wish"

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:04 am
by BenTheRat
Evening starts to come, what time are you going over there?

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:05 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll go with you," offers Eddie.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:24 pm
by Papa Gateau

I'd be happy to come along with you Richard. Now this may sound a strange request but would those of us going with Richard be good enough to give me a little lock of their hair?

She takes a small pair of sewing scissors from her bag and passes them to Richard along with a small paper bag. She waits until he snips of a small lock and does the same with Eddie. She marks the paper bags with their names before returning everything to her carpet bag.

Now folks, if you'll excuse me I need fix somethings up before we head out she smiles her trademark smile and leaves, turning at the door Don't you leave without me
Keeper,Dr V is away so I've assumed he will give up his hair willingly :) Loosa is going to make Richard and Eddie a lucky charm in the time between before we head out

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa takes her bags with hair up into her room. In the meantime, you get whatever you need to leave.

After a couple hours, but it seems like a lot longer she returns.
Aunt Loosa,You made the 2 charms. It cost you 3 magic points and 3 sanity points. But as explained you don't know if they will work or not. But you feel confident they will. Of course you always feel that way.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm ready when you are," says Eddie. "Did you use our hair for some kind of protective magic?"

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:32 pm
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa hands Richard and Eddie a small pendant, made with what appears to be glass beads, with their lock of hair woven through it. The beads are attached to a thin strip of leather, long enough to be worn as a necklace or wrapped around a wrist as a bracelet.

Not exactly dear, they're more like lucky charms. Rub them when you are attempting something and the spirits may guide your actions, helping you in your endeavours. They may help against spells but I wouldn't rely them on them to protect you - that would require something more potent she smiles.

Are we ready? Shall we go?

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 am
by Silver Priest
"The best of luck to you all," Norman says. "Be careful!"

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:14 am
by Medri
Charles nodds. "Good luck to all of you!"

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Eddie, slipping the pendant around his neck. "All right, I'm ready to go."

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:37 pm
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa,you get the feeling everyone who is able should go. When you hear the others talk of staying behind you get a bad feeling.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:57 am
by Papa Gateau

As Aunt Loosa, Charles and Eddie head towards the door, she stops almost mid-stride and rubs the back of her neck. She turns and faces the others.

I have a bad feeling about this. I think we all should go. she pauses, a far away look in her eyes, before continuing Yes, I think we all should go. You don't get to be my age by ignoring these feelings 'cos that's normally Papa Legba sending a message.

I think the rest of you should get your coats and join us.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea," says Eddie.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 am
by Silver Priest
"Well, if you think it best," says Norman. He's not exactly thrilled at putting himself in danger yet again, but the cause was just.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:43 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   So everyone who is still active is going to be going. If you come in later I will assume you are with the group. I'd like everyone to post here or in the next thread just to let me know how many more we have with us.
Everyone please move to the new thread here.