IC Ch 6c: Discovories

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

IC Ch 6c: Discovories

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard, Norman and Charles make it back to the Woods house. You see that everyone has already made it back.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC Ch 6c: Discovories

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Welcome back," says Eddie. "We found the next clue on Thatcher Island. It's: 'We dug too deep, and found our god.' If only we knew what it meant. Did you learn anything?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard answers "Actually we learned alot but I want to try to confirm some of it later in a meeting with someone. You can't trust most people in town because the cult has them all scared sideways. The cult has already retrieved some type of monster and we think we know where they are holding up at."
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do you know what kind of monster?" asks Eddie. "We caught a glimpse of a monster ourselves, under the water on the boat ride back. All I could see was a hump and a fin, but Aunt Loosa got a better look at it - and it was looking right back at her! It seemed to be intelligent."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Are you quite sure the fish was monstrous? For all we know it could be a friendly if mischievous creature. Especially if it did not attack you."

Norman brightens up, quite pleased with what his group has learned. "We spoke to the Reverend from The Universalist Church, one of two churches in the community. It took some convincing, but he gave us much useful information. We found a location of the Chapel. We're to follow Granite Street north and it is on the right. We also learned that the Congregational church is in league with the uh, Chapel. But The hardware store owner and the Woods house are both safe places within the town. Apparently their owners have recently had their family members sacrificed by the chapel. But the art institute and probably the sheriff's office have been compromised."

"The good Reverend warned us that we could trust very few people within this town. He offered us sanctuary should we need it. I believe he is trustworthy."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's good to know," says Eddie. "Let's hope we don't need it. Any ideas on what we should do tomorrow? We need to know what that last clue meant so we can find the next one, but I have no idea what it means yet. Maybe we should sleep on it. Our dreams last night told us where to look today and what the clue meant."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Aunt Loosa,You can feel the power from the nearby lay lines but the connection is weak. You get a somewhat cryptic message from your guide, [color=#BF4000]"When cooking chicken feet, you must skim the scum off first to get to the good stuff underneath."[/color] That is all you get.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

OOC: According to the thread we were in it is only about 1:30pm in the afternoon we still have the afternoon and evening ahead of us.

Richard replies "Well I for one am hungrey and am hoping we didnt miss lunch. I would also like to change into some dry clothes. Like I said I need to go and meet with someone at 9pm tonight to confirm a few things, it would probably be a good idea to have a few people watch from a distance to ensure something dosent happen. Maybe even have someone from your group steak out the place a few hours early just to makle sure I am not walking into a trap as I amPOSITIVE that the Chapel is aware we are here."
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's also the reservoir and the quarry," says Eddie. "We never did check them out."
OOC,Is the storm still going on now? We might not want to go back outside until it settles down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The rain is still pouring outside, but it does sound like it is letting up some.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"So how and where did you find the clue on the island?" ask Richard
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"First we went to the top of the nearer lighthouse and looked between them," says Eddie. "The only thing of interest there was a shed, so we went to have a look inside. There was no floor, only dirt, but no grass either. There were shovels stored inside, so the only thing to do was dig. Aunt Loosa sensed where it was somehow, and digging in the right spot revealed a plaque with the clue. It was in code, but I was able to solve it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Aunt Loosa returns downstairs about an hour later

Hello dears she acknowledges the return of the others with a smile Well, I just couldn't nap, that wind and rain rattling the windows and shutters!

She makes enquiries as to what the others have learned and listens intently whilst Richard patiently repeats himself.

Hmm, very interesting, so the chapel has most of the town enthralled and have summoned or captured themselves some kind of monstrous creature. Did Eddie recount what we saw coming back from the island? she goes on to describe the large frog-like creature and the fact that she felt is was sentient and then continues interestingly, the boatman told us a story of local provenance about an old lady who lives in the 'witches' house at Pidgeon Cove, he claims that she summons these storms to capsize boats. There are creatures in the water, possibly like the one I just described, that grab the shipwrecked sailors and drag them down to the depths to sacrifice to their 'dark gods'.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe this 'god' they found is underwater rather than underground," says Eddie. "But you don't dig in water, so that doesn't really make sense. Maybe it's talking about some sort of idol, but where would they have dug for it? Anyway, that old lady's house is another lead we'll need to pursue."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After sitting around comparing notes, the afternoon quickly wains as the rain eventually stops. The aroma of supper fills the air. Your host comes out, "Supper will be ready in about 30 minutes if you'd like to wash up first."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard stands up and says "Well I need to get some dry clothes on I will see you all at the dinner table"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I'll see you all then as well," says Eddie, heading up to his room to get ready for supper.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Norman decides to do the same. He's positively famished. He is interested in bringing up the information the reverend offered him to Angela. Perhaps she could assist the group.

But first, he intends to have a lovely meal.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You get into dry clothes and have a wonderful meal. Afterwards Angela is serving pie and coffee. She sits down also, "Wasn't that just the worst storm. We usually don't get those this time of year."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard sips on his cofee between bites of pie.

Return to “A Star on the Shore”