IC: 6a: Back to the Books: Richard, Norman, Charles

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: IC: 6a: Back to the Books: Richard, Norman, Charles

Post by BenTheRat »

You find that the Congregational church was built in 1755 as a community effort and was originally owned by the community. In 1825 the Congregational Church purchased it.

The Universalist Church was built in 1821 by the Universalist Benevolent Society of Gloucester. And is still owned by them.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Perhaps we should meet up with the others, and each agree to investigate a church," Norman suggests. "We may want to look into this Universalist Benevolent Society more as well, see if they keep to themselves or engage with the community."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,Sorry here is the library roll [dice]0[/dice] not sure whats up with the roller go ahead and roll for me on the library roll
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,the dice roller seemed to work fine. You find the same thing Charles found earlier.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles turns to Norman:

"Sounds like a plan. Maybe we should eat something and drink some coffee or tea as well to clear the mind and gain some energy while we talk it through and divide assignments. It might also be a good idea to write some of this down before we leave. Or what do you think?"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard nods his head in agreement as he is writing down all of the details on his pad.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"That sounds good to me," Norman says, nursing his injured finger.
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles nodds. "Then as soon as it is written down, lets depart."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You write down everything you find, put everything back how you had it and leave the room. The room still has a few people sitting at the desks and you see the clerk glance up at you as you leave. Several other patrons look at you as well. None look particularly suspicious, just looking up because you made a noise to break their concentration.

As you leave the building and head to your car you see a line of thunderstorms is heading your way from the North. The wind has picked up a lot and your first thoughts are of your friends who took the boat ride out to the lighthouses. It looks like it could be a big one. Flags are flapping wildly and awnings hanging over businesses look like they could rip off at any minute.

OOC,I was waiting for you to say where you were going, but nobody did, so I'm going to give you a bit of a push here to get things moving.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Before leaving Richard will pull up a city plan to check where the Churchs are loctaed at and jot down some quick directons, he will also jot down how to get to 224 School street as well.

Richard gets into the car and then says "Lets check out the Universial Church first"

With that he starts driving the car towards the Universial church site, he tries to take a route that allows him to drive down School street if at all possible.

"As he starts driving Richard keeps a sharp look out to see if they are being followed.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You can go drive up and down School St but its not really on the way. 224 is a nice home, as you drive back down school street you see the Congregational Church. It is extremely old, but still in amazing shape.

You get down to main street go a block and then head up Cleaves St. where you see the Universalists church.

Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard parks on the street a few buildings down from the Universal Church. "Anyone have any ideas on how we ask questions at the church?"
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles looks at the sky and thinks for a second. "Hm... I guess we should take it easy to not make anyone worried, at least to begin with..."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Perhaps we should pose as journalists researching on the various branches of Christianity in old New England?" Norman meekly suggests. "Doubtful they'll tell us much relevant to the investigation, but we can at least get a feel for the churches, their layouts, and their members. Then if they strike us as suspicious, we can inform the others and pay them another visit."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard ask "Do you are up to playing the role of the reporter Norman? I am afraid that I might spoke them and I don't think that I would come off very well as a reporter. The other thing to consider if they are associated with this they probably do not want any press coverage, but I am open to this option"
OOC:   Ben I am still looking for a time of day check if you could work that in  
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As it reaches noon you hear a clock chime across the city. And rain begins to fall.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"If they are hostile to speak to us that may tell us they are the ones we seek. Really, I am more interested in how they react to our requests as opposed to what they say. Hesitance or hostility at our request can be damming as guilt." Norman seems pleased with himself for thinking of that.

"As for me being the reporter, well, I uh, I could try I suppose. But I'm not all that good at talking with people, much less interviewing them."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says to Norman "You're right Norman" turns to Charles and says with a big smile on his face "Think you could cover the reporter bit Charles, we will follow your lead."
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles looks at them both. "I'm not sure if I'm the type to come of as a journalist and I don't know about my people skills either... But offcourse I could give it a try. What do you think?"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard chuckles a little bit at Normans statements and then says "I think that Charles might be the better chice here, Charles what do you say?"
OOC:   Did we loose Charles? If so I am ok with you doing it Norman  

Return to “A Star on the Shore”