IC: Ch 5a: Back to the Woods

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Re: IC: Ch 5a: Back to the Woods

Post by Silver Priest »

[dice]0[/dice] Failed

Norman awakens in a sweat, gently dabbing at his forehead. He considers not eating such a rich meal before bed again. But deep in his heart he knows that the food had nothing to do with the vision he just experienced.

He spends the rest of the night deep under the covers, a thin layer of protection against whatever is out there.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I awake refreshed the memory of the dream nothing to worry about amongst all the other nightmares that disturb my sleep.
Sanity Roll,1d100: 1 [1d100=1] http://orokos.com/roll/235023
OOC:   Invisible Castle gone so now using orokos.com  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Medri
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Medri »

Ben,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/235188]Sanity Roll[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]5[/b]
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard wakes in the morning and gets up and clean himself up, the whole time playing the strange dream over in his head trying to find some meaning in it.

Once prepared he walks down stairs to find out were breakfeast is being served and to grab a newspaper if available.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

As each of you make your way downstairs there are 4 newspapers (all the same) laying on the table and a buffet of eggs, meats, biscuits and gravy are being put out, along with hot tea, milk and some juice.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard smiles at the spread of food nd makes himself a healthy plate picks up a newspaper and sits down and starts eating and reading the paper.
Ben,[b]Richard[/b] scans the newpaer first for any reports of missing persons, then checks the obituaries for anything unusual. Of course he will check the highlights aswell and any pictures for anything that looks related to MAPS buisness in town.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie helps himself to some steak and eggs and a cup of tea, then sits down and looks through the newspaper for anything of interest while he eats.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

OOC:   My apologies for my disappearance. Ended up being unexpectedly out of town.  
Spoiler:
SAN ROLL - 48% - [dice]0[/dice] FAIL
Scott lets loose a strangled cry as the nightmarish vision wrenches him from slumber. He sits motionless beyond a shallow gasping and turns his gaze towards the room's sole window. Unable to entertain the thought of further sleep, he swings his legs over the bed's edge and sits with his head cradled in his hands. It's some time before the weeping ends.

In the morning, a still-visibly rattled Scott descends the staircase and steadies himself over a cup of black coffee.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   No problem. Still waiting on Richard, Alyssa and Aunt Loosa to make their sanity rolls.  
Eddie reads through the paper, nothing new of interest. The 5 missing persons are still listed in the classifieds, and other than the art exhibit, nothing really catches your eye.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,sorry I thought I had done that in the previous post here is my sanity roll [dice]0[/dice] that was close my sanity is currently at 49 so i believe this is a success. Any specific information on the 5 missing people, like last seen at the quarry, or anything common about them?
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As you try and make a connection to the missing, you can't really. The only thing in common was they all had a life change moment and came up to paint in Rockport, but then disappeared. Last known location was in Rockport.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   San(73) [dice]0[/dice]  
Aunt Loosa makes her way to breakfast. She is not unused to strange dreams and messages but she struggles to fathom some meaning from her night-time vision.

Good morning everyone she says with a bright smile Did we all sleep well last night? she helps herself to some coffee and eggs whilst continuing I must profess to having had the strangest of dreams - probably just my old bones missing the warmth of New Orleans

She pauses a while as she eats her breakfast Now then, what are everyone's plans? I think I'd like to join those that were planning a visit to the quarry - if there is space for a little old lady in the car?
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles sits down with some eggs and coffee and reads the newspapers as well and listens to where people intend to go.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, Aunt Loosa," says Eddie. "I'll be going there too, and I have plenty of room. You can come in my car. We'll just need to get directions before we set out. I didn't sleep all that well. I had an odd dream too, very disturbing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I actually had a disturbing dream as well," Norman admits sheepishly. " Some horror emerged from the water near the lighthouses and destroyed them both. How unusual, ha ha." His laugh is shaky, but it is clear Norman wants someone to offer him a comforting explanation for the dream.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not as unusual as you'd think," says Eddie. "I had the exact same dream."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Alyssa had stayed up longer then she had thought last night, recording her investigations and looking over her notes in her room. Something was missing from the bigger picture that Alyssa couldn't see.

Not long after sleep had the best of her, Alyssa shot out of bed in nightmare fright, sweaty and disorientated. Alyssa went back to sleep though still awake, troubled thoughts kept her up as Alyssa tossed around frustrated. Alyssa remained restless as she rolled over towards the window in bed, staring out for any crows in voyeur paranoia. It had not occurred to Alyssa, that she had stopped checking underneath her bed for monsters in her youth after nightmares, because they were inside of us all along. Some co-exist; others fight constantly.

Maybe she shouldn't had coffee in the evening.

In the morning, Alyssa felt restless but determined, her mind burning and running on fumes. "Good morning," Alyssa helps herself to a hearty meal.
Sanity 64%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4733126/]Success 52%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles raises his eyebrows "I had a dream like that to, I think." then he thinks about it for a minute, then continue listening to the others.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard listens to the shared dream stories and goes over the one he had in his sleep last night while he is listening.
Ben,not sure if I can make and idea roll or an occult roll here for what I know about 'shared dream' phenonmon here is a roll if you need it or will allow it [dice]0[/dice] my occult is 19 my idea is 60 if this helps me with anything on the shared dream knowledge
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Dr V,In the occult dreams are either sent to you by some entity, or it is your sub-conscious trying to give you a clue as to a problem you are trying to solve. In the case of shared dreams, it is almost always the former, but it could be a combination of both.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “A Star on the Shore”