IC: Ch 4f: The Gangs all Here

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Re: IC: Ch 4f: The Gangs all Here

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott coughs into his fist before crossing his arms.

"Perhaps we should attempt to locate where the town records are kept and see if we can't uncover some additional information about this property and it's possible owners?" he suggests.
Medri
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Medri »

Charles takes a deep breath and looks at the surroundings again. "If we have nothing else to do around here we have things to look up in the library aswell. But it seems a bit unfinished to knock and then turn without at least investigate the surroundings and the painters? The barn is locked, right? I was also thinking about if anyone around here might know what's inside or have access to the barn in some way." Charles lower his voice "Or, if you think it's worth it we can check the windows out back" returning to normal voice "either way I would like to go to the library when it's time for that."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard says "I have a follow up appointment with someone at the library in the morning if you would like to wait till then, no one seemed interested in the library when I said that was one of the places I was going when I mentioned it this morning, what do you want to look up there? I would prefer to find the location of the city records before going back to the library as it will probably be the location of the records on the barn not the library." as he heads to the nearest window not facing the painters for a look in it.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree, we should head for the hall of records," says Eddie. "We can come back at low tide."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott silently takes stock of the assembled rabble of investigators presently crowding the dock.

"Or..." he glances at Eddie, "...perhaps it would be more effective to break into groups again? Some of us could head up to the hall of records while the others wait for low tide. Y'know...just to be sure we don't miss our opportunity here."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard replies "Suits me fine but I want to be at the hall of records for a while as I have a few items to check on there."
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

"Suits me, I'll hang around here" I nod to where the painters are working, "Maybe I'll see what the Da Vinci's there can tell me"
I look at Charles, "Anyone want to hang around here and shoot the breeze for a while?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I must ask," as Alyssa scratches her exposed head, "I'm not fond being exploited without explanation." Alyssa fixes her fading pale gold hair that has lost its cheer, "why are we here?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by jbibblesworth »

"Why?" Scott repeats, exchanging puzzled glances some of the others. "This was the barn on the postcard they found by the murdered guard."

Satisfied in his spartan summation of their circumstances, he rubs his hands together and glances up towards town.

"Alright, well lets go found those town records." he suggests, "Norman, Richard,do you care to join me? It's an open invitation obviously."

Without pausing for further discussion, Scott starts off towards the town's main thoroughfare.
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks completely puzzled at Alyssa's question.

He then turns and follows Scott back towards the cars and town.
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles look at Warren and Alyssa. He wonders a bit about the question and thinks that maybe they should talk about this before storming off, but then he sighs and look at the sky. "Well, I have nothing against staying here to look at what might happen. But I really think someone should look up the star-things we found in paintings and therefore someone should go to the library, because even though a lot of what we need might be at the town records, stars won't be. I could follow to the library for this, but there's no point of me going alone since I had a bigger trouble seeing what was in those stars. I think Aunt Loosa should go to the library since she recognized some pattern in it, and someone should accompany her, if you do want to go off course Loosa?" Charles turns to look at her and then turns back to the entire group. "Some of us should probably stay and investigate a bit more here though and maybe talk to some of the painters, wait for low-waters and see that we haven't missed anything important. I could do either if the ones of you who's still left thinks any of this good ideas off course." Charles looks back at the group that's left and takes a breath of the fresh air.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Norman makes to follow Scott but changes his mind.

"I think you've got the town records well covered. I'll stay here with Warren and keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. If that's alright, of course."
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

As Richard is walking away with Scott he over hears someone mentioning going to the library to research the stars and he turn and shouts to the others so they hear him "If you go to the library talk to Brian, he is a bit odd but he will get you everything you need much faster than you will be able to find it"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   So to get this straight, Eddie, Scott and Richard are going to go hunt for the town records,
Norman, Charles and Warren are staying on the dock.
Allysa and Aunt Loosa are going to the Library?

Eddie, Scott and Richard go here.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I watch as Eddie, Scott and Richard head toward the cars. Turn to aunt Loosa and Alyssa, "Well, if you'll excuse me ladies" .
Without waiting for an answer or looking to see if Norman or Charles follow me, I wander towards the painters stopping near the first one as if to admire his work, "Hi, I hear tell that you come here quite often to paint. I guess the old place looks different depending on the season, light and weather conditions"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

A woman in her mid thirties looks up from her painting, "yes, I guess it does." and goes back to her painting.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Norman looks for a place where he could unobtrusively observe both the painters and more importantly the wharf, seeing if anyone comes and goes from it.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Norman,that is really easy to do, just stand behind the painters.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I gaze at the structure for a few seconds, "Nope, can't see it. I'm sure there must be something attractive in that place, but I can't see it myself. So what is it?"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

She continues to paint and says, "To see beauty in something else, you must first find beauty in yourself."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “A Star on the Shore”