IC: 4e - About town - Richard and Warren

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

IC: 4e - About town - Richard and Warren

Post by BenTheRat »

Date: August 12, 1921. 4:00 PM

As Warren is sitting in the car outside the Library Richard walks out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: IC: 4e - About town - Richard and Warren

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I open the window to get his attention, "Hey Richard, over here".
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard walks over and gets into the car "Afternoon Warren, so what have you been up to?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

OOC:   Warren you there?  
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:
DrVendetta wrote:
OOC:   Warren you there?  
OOC:   Yeah, I'm here.  
I turn to Richard as he enters the car, "Had to buy some smokes. Guy in the shop never recognised Phil's description and was of no use information wise. Lady called Joyce in the cafe was different. She didn't recognise the description but she was full of words for the art crowd, and none of them nice".
I pull the pack of cigarettes from my pocket and shake a couple loose, offering one to Richard, "Seems this art crowd show up at regular intervals and paint pictures which she described as evil. Seems their favourite spot is over at Bearskin Neck. Isn't that where that barn or whatever is situated?"

I light my cigarette and hold out my lighter for Richard.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard replies to Warren on the offer of the cigarette "No thanks, I need to stop back here again tomorrow morning to follow up on something" and Richard looks back up at the door of the library to see what time it opens in the morning.

"So far the only real lead I have is about a so called 'Witch' that leaves in a house down the way, but I am not sure it is connected yet. Tommorow might turn up some more information if I am lucky though."

Responding to Warrens question about the location of the Red Barn "I am not famaliar with 'Bearskin Neck' but it may be a point where they go for a particular 'view' of the barn for painting purposes, we can drive over there if you know how to get there and see what we find, keep a look out for a newspaper office or a city hall where they would keep public records at as we go though as I will need to check on some things there at some point as well."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I shrug at Richard's refusal of a cigarette and push it back in the pack, "According to Joyce its up the road past the square. She also said this 'Bearskin Neck' leads to Bradley Wharf"

I draw deeply on my cigarette, "So what's all this about a witch? Mind you with the things I've seen while working for the prof a witch is small potatoes" I grip the cigarette with my teeth and start the car slowly down the road, hopefully in the direction of Bearskin Neck
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard opens his notepad and starts reviewing his notes with Warren as he is driving "Supposedly back in 1692 in Salem, John and Elizebeth Procter were convicted of with craft. John was hanged but Elizabeth was banished because she was pregnant. Elizabeth and her two sons left Salem and settled here in Pigeon Cove where they built a house that from descriptions is more of a fortress."

Richard
looks up from his notepad and out of the car every few moments to take in the buildings they are passing for a newspaper office or City records office. Richard continues "There were reports of strange noises and lights at all hours of the night. No one ever found out if Elizabeth had a girl or a boy. Her sons eventually stopped coming into town for supplies, of course the noises and lights stopped about this time as well. The house remained empty for years before the city took possesion of it. No one ever found out what happened to Elizabeth or her 3 children."

Richard looks back down at his pad for a name and continues "About 50 years back a Dr Tupper bought the place but only lived in it a couple of years. A Deandre Karlin has been living there recently, she claims to be some distant relative of the Procters. The good Doctor recently passed away so it is kind of up in the air on what will happen to the house and dear old Deandre."

As Richard continues to take in the different buildings they are passing he adds "I am not sure this story has anything to do with Phil, or why he is hanging out here, but an old 'witches fortress' just might be a place where Phil might be hiding out at"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I take a last drag on the cigarette and flick the butt out of the window, smiling grimly at Richards tale, "Awww shit. Witches and old empty houses with a past, sounds despairingly familiar. I wonder how many more of us will end of as pictures on the profs wall before this ends. But you're right if Phil is here, the place seems right up his street."
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Its only a couple blocks to the square, which is shaped more like a triangle. The road to the right heads to the Woods house. Ahead and to the left, you see a small stretch of land with small buildings on each side, making almost an alley way up to the wharf. There are places to park in the square. You can see up the alley way there are several people who appear to be painting.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I pull the car to a halt at the kerb in the 'square', "Fancy a little art critique?"
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard smiles at Warrens dry wit "You think Picasso might be here?" he says as he is getting out of the car and looking things over.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As you are getting out of your car you see Eddie, Scott & Norman, walk past the artists and along the beach to your right.

They seem to be looking hard out to sea then shake their heads, turn and notice you guys.

Please go to this thread.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “A Star on the Shore”