IC: Ch 3. The Woods House

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

IC: Ch 3. The Woods House

Post by BenTheRat »

You climb into your 2 cars and motorcycle and drive North up main street.

You see nothing but residential homes till you get to the T intersection. In front of you, the beach stretches out and the Ocean is only 100 feet away. To the left you see a sign that says Beach St. , while to the right the sign says Main st. As you turn right and go East, you see several non-residential buildings.
On the left you see a store with a name, John Tarr Store.
Next on the left is the Memorial Hall.
The next building on the left is Sandy Bay Cafe.
Right next to it is the Public Library.

On the right side you see a paved street named School st. going South.
Next on the left as you continue down Main street, you see a small building with a new sign on it, Rockport Art Association.
The next building on the left says Rockport Storage Plant.

Right after these you see a sign that says Dock Square but it looks more like a triangle to you. You can turn right onto Mt. Pleasant St. or you could bear right where a sign says Bearskin Neck. A building on the left says Sandy Bay Pier Company.

You turn right on to Mt. Pleasant and it is mostly residential houses. You see a street to the right named Broadway. You guess this is the same Broadway you saw earlier.

On the left you see Sandy Bay Bakery. And finally you see on the left a large home with a sign named The Woods House.

It is 3 stories and appears to have an attic as well. It takes almost the whole block, but appears it was originally a residential home.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC: Ch 3. The Woods House

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, this is the place," says Eddie giving the hotel a long, appraising look. "I suggest we arrive in separate groups spaced a few minutes apart, divided by vehicle. It might be best not to let too many people know we're all here together."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard smiles and and replies "Well since the reservations were all made by Ms Patton they will probably know we are together but we can go and check in seprately if you like, I will be a part of the last group to check in if you don't mind" and with that Richard looks around and starts to walk around a little to get a better view of the Woods house on the outside and everything that surrounds it. He will take a quick walk around the bolck if necassary in order to understand where all the exits & entrances are and what other buildings surrond it.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Ladies first," Alyssa declares, she collects her camera over her shoulder and makes her way to the door.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Aunt Loosa goes in with Alyssa. The door leads to a small hall with a rack for hanging coats. There is then an open hall with a large living room on one side and a large dining room on the other. Directly in front of you are stairs going up that double back and continue to the 2nd floor. The hard wood floors look beautiful, with Victorian era furniture in both rooms. The paintings on the walls appear to be of sea shores, boats, wharfs and other subjects that you could find by walking out onto the beach you just passed.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

The Victorian era decor, felt like she had walked into a small exclusive world of sophistication and history. Everything stayed right where it's suppose to be. Yet the climate only brought mournful memories for the past, "I must say, it doesn't fail to impress," Alyssa looks to Aunt Loosa. Wandering through the hall and standing by the staircase, Alyssa wondered where the reception is, "Anyone home? Alyssa remarks.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard walks around the house. You can see 2 dirt roads on either side of the huge yard that holds the house. They lead down to the ocean, that is a good half mile away. But there is nothing but fields between the house and the beach. Several yard trees are in the back, one has a tire swing on it, and a ball laying in the back yard.

Nothing seems to catch your eye as being out of the ordinary.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Alyssa and Aunt Loosa hear a female voice from upstairs, "I'll be right down."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Charles walks out of the car and up a bit closer to the house. He looks around and stretches his legs a bit, waiting for Richard to get back to see if he saw anything special and for his turn to go inside the house.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Please, it is not to worry," Alyssa responding back to the voice, as she paces around the room trying to make herself comfortable in the stiff air.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles,make a spot hidden.
A slim young girl walks down the stairs, you looks like she could be a late teenager, or possibly early 20's. She is wearing a modest dress and an apron. Her very long brown hair contrasts with her fair skin. The only jewelry she has on is a large ruby ring. She has a very broad smile as she walked down the steps in an elegant way that can only be learned if you were taught from birth.
"Good afternoon, you must be Aunt Loosa and Alyssa. I hope your drive up from Boston was pleasurable. I know I always enjoy following the coast down to Boston." she smiled and gave a slight curtsey. "I am Angela, I will be your host during your stay. Please come in and have a seat."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Ben,Where there any side or back doors leaving the house? Did there appear to be a basement with a storm shelter door leading out? No sheds or barns in the back yard? Sorry for all the questions ;)
Richard walks back to the front of the house and walks up to Charles and says "Nothing out of the ordinary from what I can see, I have a feeling that Ms Patton has taken good care of us as usual with this place"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Oh yes, the drive was most exciting, thank you for asking replies Aunt Loosa Have you ever ridden in a motorcycle Angela? It is very exhilirating!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Alyssa looks to Aunt Loosa and back, "Thank you kindly for asking Miss Angela, it was a wonderful drive." Alyssa helps herself to a seat, "I'm at a loss of words for the sights we saw. it's hard to believe I haven't heard of this little piece of heaven here in Rockport until now."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I pull my small travelling bag from the car's trunk and turn to Richard, "Got a cigarette pal? I ran out. Think I'll check in then go find a regular store"
I look at Scott, "You coming or are you gonna spend the night in the car?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,sorry yes, there appears to be a basement, a back door, a side door with a pathway to a small set of rooms, probably for servants.
"Oh my, no I've never had the pleasure, but some friends of mine have said they can be very exciting." As she smiled for a minute, she looked more like a young girl who wanted to be out running around with friends instead of running a hotel, then it quickly shifted back. "So is the rest of your party coming in, I saw you all pull up from the window upstairs?"
She looks towards a back room, "Johnny, you back there, come get their bags," Angela says in a loud voice.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott, who had been surveying the various businesses with dull interest, nods at Warren's probing and steps out the automobile.

"Lets just get our rooms settled." he mutters wearily.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Norman takes in the sight, the hotel looking rather inviting after a day spent in an automobile.

He knows however that he won't truly be able to relax. Not until Phil was stopped. Looking at Scott, it seems clear that he feels much the same.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, let's go inside and check in," says Eddie, glancing at his watch. He takes his luggage and leads Norman and Charles into the Woods House.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Medri
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Medri »

Ben,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4634531/]1d100=20, 1d10=9[/url]
Charles nods back at Richard as he looks him over when he comes back and wait for the rest.
Last edited by Medri on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “A Star on the Shore”