Page 1 of 1

OOC: General Discussions

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Feel free to post anything you want here, and discuss OOC stuff.

Re: OOC: General Discussions

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm
by jbibblesworth
Anyone feeling generous and willing to give me an overview of the first outing, especially as it pertains to Scott the nurse?

I've not had a chance to read through it yet.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:03 pm
by BenTheRat
Scott jumped in close to the end, when Warren went down in the Coma as a fill in character. I'll let the returning players fill you in though. ;)

Or you can go into the archive hall of fame and read it. "The Rats Haunting."

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:05 pm
by jbibblesworth
Yup. Planning on reading through the entire thing, just didn't want to halt the start up because I don't have a point of reference for my character.

Like...in Haunting Scott was nearly torn to shreds by slathering Deep Ones and he shows up at Dr. Chambers office like

"What's the good word Doc? Doo bee doo..."

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:18 pm
by BenTheRat
Scott jumps in around chapter 8. But they told you everything that happened up to that point, so feel free to read the whole thing so you know what happened.

Or you could assume Scott day dreamed through their telling and just read chapter 8 on which is what he experienced.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:22 am
by DetectiveSocks
From what I remembered, Scott essentially liked haunted houses and spooky stories. He's also a WWI vet as a medic, and noticed that we've visited the hospital couple of times with unexplainable injuries. When Scott was introduced, he was eavesdropping on us, when my character Jordie brought Warren to the hospital, and the rest of the group came to the hospital to discuss our plans.

My impression of him, was that he was just a guy looking for trouble, something that'll make his heart pump faster.

BenTheRat, I'll get around to writing my character this evening, and hopefully I'll be finished by tomorrow with my character.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:34 am
by Pickman37
As mentioned elsewhere, I'll be ready by the end of the weekend. ;)

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:43 am
by BenTheRat
NP, I wasn't going to get things moving till then.

And if you don't have time, there is still 1 character carried over from the previous run if you want it.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:58 am
by Pickman37
Thanks! I should have some large blocks of time to work with but will keep that in mind just in case something random arises. However, a new character fits me fine as I don't think I have the time to re-read the previous game. Anyways, things are looking good and I look forward to participating with the interesting investigators my fellow players have put forward. I should have my character submitted for approval by Saturday night at the latest! :D

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:01 am
by Priest
Bibble:
Yeah, DS has it right, Scott was just a nurse at the hospital with a fascination for ghost tales. He heard the others talking after Warren almost cashed out, courtesy of a possessed dagger, and thought that investigating a haunted house might be fun.
He did, and it wasn't.
He joined in just in time to see the majority of the investigators go down to a thing that should have been dead and buried a long time. In the end just him and a couple of others, I forget which ones, walked away. So I would imagine he would be a little cautious about having another go, but as to his motivations etc, that is totally up to you.
The reactions of Warren when faced with Scott will be interesting, on one hand he will feel indebted to him as he was part of the team that saved his life. on the other, his prescence will be a constant reminder of those events.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:52 pm
by jbibblesworth
Good info. That will alter his inner monologue slightly.

No worries Ben, I'm sure I'll make Scott my own in short order. I just like keeping continuity. :)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:44 am
by Pickman37
BenTheRat, I am having grief with Invisible Castle at the moment due to a forgotten password. I have tried re-registering but the site is not responding. Anyways, while I hopefully get this sorted, I was going to offer Genevieve Carrington, a psychology undergrad who plans to become a parapsychologist upon convocation, as my choice from a previous and now defunct scenario I was in. Her attributes were rolled on Invisible Castle and can be verified there. I will PM the character to you for approval. Have a good one!

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:39 pm
by BenTheRat
That sounds good. I look forward to seeing her.

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy
It's funny, I played a 1920s photojournalist named Alyssa in the recently finished Escape From Innsmouth.

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Haha what a crazy coincidence! It's nice to see some friendly faces around here, too bad DrPeterson isn't here :(

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 pm
by Papa Gateau
Nice start BTR - change of pace from our first investigation, keeping us on our toes, well played.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 pm
by BenTheRat
We have a replacement player for Charles, everyone welcome Medri.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:42 pm
by jbibblesworth
Welcome Medri!

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 pm
by Papa Gateau
Bienvenue Medri!

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:49 pm
by Papa Gateau
I'm away on holiday with my kids until the 26th. I'll have my laptop with me but will probably only post once a day, though I'll try and check in more often if I can.

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 pm
by Silver Priest
Welcome Medri. I myself started as a replacement player, and now I have my own character. Truly the sky is the limit. :D

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 am
by DrVendetta
Welcome Medri :D

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, Medri! :)

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:30 am
by Medri
Thank you so much for welcoming me in! I'm going to read up on the character to do my best and what happened so far, then I'll join you all in this adventure. Again, thank you so much for welcoming me in!

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:11 am
by Priest
I'll add my welcomes. Welcome Medri.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 pm
by Papa Gateau
Hi all

I'm going into hospital tomorrow for major surgery to my back.

I'm told that they have wi-fi in the hospital but I probably won't be able to post again until Sunday - but that will be dependant on the type of post-operative pain-care I'm on. I'm sure any posting I make whilst doped up on morphine will be interesting if not actually relevant to the storyline.

See you on the other side.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:49 pm
by BenTheRat
good luck. I'll just have your character, go with the crowd till you can post again.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Get well soon Aunt Loosa!

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:09 pm
by jbibblesworth
Ladies and gents, I'll be away this weekend, returning Monday Sept. 15th. I'll be around the early part of next week and then I leave again Thursday the 18th and return Tuesday the 22nd.

Just giving you all a heads up!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:06 pm
by BenTheRat
I will be going Camping this weekend and will be out of town from about 2 PM tomorrow CST until Sunday about the same time and have NO internet at all.

So I will post up till 2, after that, the game will just have to go on pause till I return. You guys can of course roleplay, discuss plans, etc... until I return.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:15 pm
by BenTheRat
Going camping again, and doing some light mountain climbing. Be back on Sunday. Continue to role play, and I will post upon my return.

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:53 am
by BenTheRat
Sorry I haven't been very active these last few days, I've been home, but sick. Was just not into it.

Now I'm going on a very short vacation, just 4 days. When I return, I promise to get things moving again.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:32 pm
by jbibblesworth
Guys,

In case my recent absence hasn't been indication enough, life has deigned to deal me a set of circumstances that has greatly reduced my free time and has made keeping up with online play all but impossible.

Hopefully things will clear up soon and I can rejoin you at some point but for now I have to bow out.

Best of luck!

jbibblesworth (Scott)

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:35 pm
by BenTheRat
Sorry to hear that, but real life often gets in the way of hobbies. Totally understandable.

For now I have Scott feeling under the weather and hanging out at the B&B. Take your time and come back when you are ready.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:43 pm
by BenTheRat
Just concerned here. Things have really come to a standstill on both threads. Several players have not posted in several days.

Is it:
1. You are bored, this game isn't going anywhere?
2. I'm confused and don't understand any objectives and I'm afraid to post because I'll look stupid?
3. I'm so busy I can't post right now, but I'll be back on it soon.
4. What, did I forget to tell you I quit.

I'm assuming its answer 3, but just checking. On both threads, you have talked about what you are thinking of doing, but haven't said you are doing them. So I'm waiting on you guys on both threads.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 pm
by Papa Gateau
I'm still engaged with story and enjoying the game.

I know that sometimes I can be a few days between posts - this is normally due to the fact that I am busy or that I haven't received a forum notification of a new post but I normally check the the threads if I haven't received a notification every few days.

In the current thread that I'm involved in I'm kind of waiting on Eddie/Mr. Handy to be the man and break into the shed.

Oh, I'm not worried about no.2 - I'm old enough now that I've made a fool myself too many times to count ;)

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:24 am
by Silver Priest
I'm a bit unsure of what our group's current action should be, but I made a suggestion to try to get things moving once again.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 am
by Medri
I still want to play and like the story. Sometimes I'm a bit busy, but I try to post as often as possible. I don't really know what to do right now though and where waiting for a respons. But since there is one now I will make a post later today after I have got some sleep.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:13 am
by BenTheRat
I understand completely. Sometimes some of the NPC's come off weird or strange, or even hostile. There are reasons for everything that has happened up to now.

The more you dig into it, the more you will start to figure out and then you will understand why things are happening the way they are. I put a lot of time and effort into this, its not just a simple haunted house this time. Its much more sinister. :twisted:

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still enjoying the game too, and I have been posting. In my last post I said I was trying to remove the chains, and I was waiting for you to let me know if I succeeded.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am
by DetectiveSocks
I haven't posted in the last two weeks cause I got into a car accident. Got a bad stiff neck and really put me out for a good while. Had a hard time having the appetite to eat, and even just listening to music was something that left me uncomfortable. Luckily nobody was majorly injured, but I still kinda feel stiff as a board.

I am quite invested into our investigations, however, it does take awhile to go back on the evidences we've collected and remembering all the clues we need to follow on. Otherwise, sometimes I do feel passive, and just let the other's do all the legwork and I'm just sort of there doin' nothing, so I know it's kinda my fault for the slow-paced game.

Like what other's have said, sometimes I don't post daily simply because I'd be busy.

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:24 pm
by BenTheRat
Hey guys, I'm going camping for the weekend, I'll be back Sunday.

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:30 pm
by Papa Gateau
BenTheRat wrote:Hey guys, I'm going camping for the weekend, I'll be back Sunday.
It's the middle of February! Are you possessed?

DetectiveSocks - sorry, I missed your post about the car accident, I hope you are recovering well and that there are no long term issues.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:28 am
by BenTheRat
Just got back and the weekend weather was perfect. Mid 60's, only about 15 mins of rain while we were out there.

Great time had by all.

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:17 am
by Silver Priest
Hey guys. I'm recruiting players for a young Delta Green game, and I'd love to have any of you. If any of you are interested check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5414

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:07 pm
by Medri
Hi. I'm going away for a week and need some time to pack before that, I will be back on the 26th. In that time posting will be hard. I hope it is ok.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:08 pm
by BenTheRat
Things have kind of slowed down right now anyway during the investigative phase. Maybe the whole group needs to get back together and work out what they have found out so far. Its a lot more than anyone has said so far.

Have a great trip and will see you when you get back.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:25 pm
by Medri
Hi, I'm home again. Is it the same thread right now as when I left? Is there much to catch up? Any summary if there is?

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:00 am
by BenTheRat
welcome back. I think if you read the discoveries thread you will be caught up.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:20 pm
by BenTheRat
FYI< I am going camping for the weekend. See everyone on Sunday. Feel free to keep roleplaying.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:42 am
by BenTheRat
I'm back so feel free to move things along.

If you don't have any questions for the cook, I can jump things into the evening.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:40 am
by DrVendetta
I will be leaving at 10am Wednesday for a vacation and will not have access to the internet again until Sunday after 3pm just a heads up :(

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:16 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sorry to have gone AWOL, spent some time working in the UK which led to a nice piece of work that is keeping me very busy. When I'm not doing that I'm trying to keep mother nature at bay during springtime on the farm.

Ben - if it's ok I can be waiting on the street outside the house that the others have entered or waiting in Eddie's car.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:10 am
by BenTheRat
Not a problem. I will assume she is just in the car waiting for now.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:52 pm
by BenTheRat
Come on guys, lets get some action going back at the house.

I am going to a RPG con starting tomorrow through Sunday. But I will try and keep this game going without interruptions.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:57 pm
by Medri
I have a big assignement for school to do, that is why I've been a bit slow. It has taken alot more time then expected. I will try to keep it up better, but I am kind of stressed out at the moment. I'm verry sorry about that an I will try my best to get it together.

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:23 pm
by BenTheRat
No biggie Medri. RL always takes precedence. Take your time, we will be here when you get back.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:12 pm
by BenTheRat
Just got back from the con. I ran The Edge of Madness from the back of the 6th ed. book. Wow, we had a fantastic time.

I'll get caught up and post. Sorry for the delay.

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 pm
by BenTheRat
I am going to go camping and will be gone until next Saturday. Feel free to role-play out what happened and talk about it. The cook really has nothing left to say and will get you snacks and coffee and tea before heading to bed.

So finish off your conversations and make plans for the next day and end it with you going to bed. I'll pick it up there when I get back.

Ben

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:18 am
by BenTheRat
I am back now, so if you guys want to continue we can. You can call it a night and start fresh in the morning, or do some late night investigations.

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:12 am
by DrVendetta
I will be on vacation with probably no internet access until late Sunday July 12th.

Ben feel free to play Richard for me while I am gone.

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:39 pm
by BenTheRat
I was super busy with work last week, lets get this game rolling again. Waiting on you guys to do some action.

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:27 pm
by BenTheRat
Sorry for the delay, I'm trying to recruit a few new players. We currently seem to only have 1 active and 2 semi-active. Lets get the semi-actives back going and get this game rolling.

I'd like to welcome Tabs in to take over our phot0-journalist Alyssa.

I'm going to try and recruit a couple more. You could be successful in this mission with 4, but it would be difficult. So lets see if we can't get it to 6.

I'd say lets go ahead and start posting again. All new players will be just taking over characters already in the game. I will be playing on the assumption they are "with" the group, or tailing them by 50 feet or so. This will allow for easier transitions in.

Ben

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:20 pm
by Silver Priest
Hey all. Moved house and lost internet for awhile so I sort of got sidetracked, but I'm back and eager to see this through to the end. :)

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:01 pm
by Papa Gateau
Hi,

I'm back, I took my wife away to Marrakesh as a surprise for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:11 pm
by BenTheRat
hmmm, my apologies. Someone said they were going to join the game, but its been about 3 days and they haven't posted or replied to an IM I sent. So it may not happen. I hope it does. I'll give him a couple more days then we will move on.

He posted, thanks and welcome.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:58 pm
by BenTheRat
I wanted to let everyone know, I'm going camping for the weekend, I'll be back Sunday and will catch up then.

Looks like you guys are at a spot to make a decision so go ahead and role play until you make a decision on whether you want to keep going or stop and turn around.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:55 pm
by Papa Gateau
I'm on vacation til the 23rd October.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:53 pm
by BenTheRat
I want to welcome Brian to the group, he is going to be taking over Warren.

Abysmally was running Scott, but did a post or 2 and dropped out of site. If he doesn't post again, we will assume he turned around and went back to the church. I hope he comes back. But some people think this sounds great then they jump in and it doesn't move as fast as they would like.

Meanwhile...

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:17 pm
by Tabs
Welcome Brian.

There should be a pbp "Sanity Warning!: expect to wait for a response to your post, and by 'wait' we mean a day or days. Thank you."

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:29 pm
by BenTheRat
Off for the weekend. Back on Sunday.

Current Status everyone is currently up the ladder and in the cave or out on the small island outside the cave.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 pm
by BenTheRat
I am going to put the game on hold here for a week. I am going out of town tomorrow morning, and I don't want to get into the next bit until I get back.

I will be returning Thanksgiving day. Heading out for a cruise.

Talk to you in a week.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:17 am
by BenTheRat
sorry I've been absent. Went camping and got sick as a dog, I'll get things moving again soon.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:44 am
by Tabs
Whereabouts do you live? Most states must be pretty damn cold in December.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:48 pm
by BenTheRat
In Texas. It still got down to 31, that wasn't so bad. It was actually the 2nd night when I had the cold, and fever that the 38 felt really bad. Over it now, pretty much.

Lets get this game rolling again. I've emailed Richard, not sure where he is. I'll keep trying.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:59 pm
by BenTheRat
I want to let everyone know I am going to a Game convention starting tomorrow going through the weekend, so don't expect any posts from me till then.

But feel free to post your current actions and I'll catch up when I return.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:18 pm
by BenTheRat
my bad, I have been super swamped this week. I'll try and post something later this afternoon.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:57 am
by BenTheRat
Hey guys, I wanted to send a special note to you guys about a Kickstarter I have right now for Cthulhu Insanity Dice.

go here to check it out.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm
by BenTheRat
Hey there, good news, Dr.V who played Richard is back on the grid again and wants to come back.

So he is catching up on where we are at and should be taking over Richard very soon.

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 am
by BenTheRat
I launched my module, 'The Star on the Shore', this morning on Kickstarter here.

It funded in just over 6 hours and is doing great. Go check it out.

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 am
by Silver Priest
Congratulations Ben! It's always nice to see a kickstarter fund so fast. I have high hopes it can reach all your planned stretch goals.

Between this and Harlem Unbound, the 1920's will soon have a number of new COC scenarios. :D

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:10 pm
by BenTheRat
Thanks Silver. I saw the Harlem one. I don't care for the art on that one, but I'll be getting it anyway.

I worry about that one, it is his first project and I can see mistakes he is making. At 300 pages, which seems extremely high to me, I'm worried he will be seriously delayed.
But he has raised a lot of money with a week still to go.

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
I plan to back it too, but I have to wait before I can. My credit card was cancelled last week after someone attempted a fraudulent transaction, and I still haven't received my new one yet.