IC: Ch 2. Welcome to Rockport

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 2. Welcome to Rockport

Post by Papa Gateau »

OOC:   Where are we at in the round Ben? Have we all acted this turn - I'm ready to post but don't want to jump the gun if I've missed anyone in my reckoning  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   I think we are only waiting on you and Alyssa.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Running back to the motorcycle with Aunt Loosa, Alyssa hops onto her bike, straps her helmet on and begins igniting the roar of the engine.
OOC,Oops, I didn't realize everybody was waiting for me too. I was just keeping up with what's going on, since I don't really see myself in this combat.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Alyssa,you can't control other players. What if Aunt Loosa doesn't want to go with you? Now if you want to try and grapple her and forcer her to go that is a different matter. But I believe that player has other plans.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Aunt Loosa continues chanting in creole, she shakes off Alyssa's insistent tugging at her sleeve and waves her away, whilst keeping her eyes fixed on the creatures in front her.

Her voice becomes stronger, the sing-song lilt of her chant more forceful...
Ben,The occult roll was made last round (critical success I think?) so now its a Pow roll Pow[15]: [dice]0[/dice]

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Charles starts beeping the car horn, "Come on guys lets get the hell out of here.".
The 2 shots from Richard and Eddie smack into the chest of the Cyclops on the left, he stumbles backwards and falls to the ground.
Warren's knife attacks miss badly, while Aunt Loosa cannot seem to get her chanting on track while Alyssa continues to pull on her arm dragging her towards the motorcycle.
the Cyclops swings his club down on Warren.
attack,target = 40 [dice]0[/dice]
The club slams into the ground next to Warren with a thud, barely missing him.
The Cyclops lifts his club ready for another swing.
OOC:   This will start another round, everyone please post your intentions for this round along with any dice rolling.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 11 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott gestures wildly at unseen spectators as he continues his frantic pacing.

"Come on guys, lets get the hell out of here!" he bellows.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Aunt Loosa's voice grows louder and more insistent, with both arms free she begins to gesticulate towards the one-eyed beasts...
Ben,Pow[15] - [dice]0[/dice]

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

As Alyssa lets the motorcycle engine purr, she rummages around in the side-car looking for her camera. Pulling out her camera and dextrously fixing the camera, she takes aim at the huge fight with the monster.
Photography 65%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597235/]Success 23%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

"Son of a bitch!!" I yell as a dud mortar round hits the ground alongside me. The tall German is pulling back the bolt on his machine gun, I scream "C'mon boys just a few more yards and we are home!"
A second German falls to several well placed rifle shots. To my rear an officer keeps blowing his whistle and screaming something unintelligable.
Slightly to my rear a small coloured lady dressed in a French uniform keeps chanting something in French.
I draw back my arm and thrust my knife forward, hoping this time for better luck.
Attack,(Fighting Knife) 45% 1d100 → [2] = (2) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597354/ Hit the Bas...! Damage 1d4+2: 1d4+2 → [3,2] = (5) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597362/ Do I get an Impale?
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Oh yea, thats an impale  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard is a little suprised that the first Cyclopes dropped so easily he knows that his first shot was dead on but he had expected much more fight from the creature based on what was experienced in there last investigation. He takes aim at the second cyclopes and pulls the trigger.
Ben,handgun chance = 75 handgun roll [dice]0[/dice] damage roll = [dice]1[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Before anyone else can act Richard's gun goes off putting a bullet in the arm of the 2nd one. Then as Aunt Loosa keeps chanting, the Cyclops begins to shrink down, the eyes separate and young boy returns, but not before Warren impales him with a knife.
Warren begins to come out of his WWI flashback to see his knife stuck in a young boys chest, his life blood running out on his arms. His companion, with his fishing pole, laying still with 2 gun shot wounds to the chest.
ooc: Warren, Richard, Eddie, Aunt Loosa, & Alyssa need to all make a sanity 0/d3 check.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Lowering the camera down from her face, Alyssa is horrified at what just happened before her, "Oh my god." She climbs out of the motorcycle with the keys still in the bike, and runs toward Warren's side. "You okay there?" as Alyssa rests her hand on his shoulder, she glances between the wounds on the boys and Warren. "Wha... 'wha should we do? Should we help? They're just children," Alyssa's voice shaken up as she can't take her eyes off their wounds.
Sanity 64%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597692/]Success 15[/url]
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Looking around thinking that Phil may be close bye, Richard starts to run up to Warren and the boy's bodies.
Ben,sanity roll = [dice]0[/dice] and here is a spot check in case you need one for me looking around curious of how [b]Phil[/b] knew we were here spot hidden chance = 49 roll = [dice]1[/dice]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 11 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott drops to the dusty road below and cradles his head in between his knees, slowly rocking back and forth.

"...should we help...they're just children...should we help....they're just children..." he repeats endlessly through broken sobs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie recovers quickly and races to the fallen boys. "Of course we've gotta help them!" he shouts. "Maybe we can still save them!" He checks the one he had shot to see if it's not too late; if it is, he goes to the other one instead. Working quickly, he manages to stop the bleeding from one of the grievous wounds and heal much of the damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Norman follows Eddie, deciding it is safer to stay with the cop and the others who actually have weapons. He attempts to use his rudimentary medical skills to stop the other boy's(?) bleeding, but finds he has little success. The librarian is not certain wherever or not he should be relieved.
First Aid,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597906/]First aid (30%) (1d100=37)[/url]
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Aunt Loosa rushes over to the boys, muttering under her breath moun embisil ak zam yo and shooting dark looks at Richard and Warren

We need get these boys to doctor or hospital, you hear me now! she looks at the others around her. She then opens her bag and pulls out a small knife and deftly cuts a small lock of hair from each boy and wraps each into a twist of paper.

She then takes 2 small vials and takes a small sample of blood from both of them, all the while muttering Such a waste, such a waste, your poor boys.

When she is done she places the envelopes and folders back into her bag and claps her hands briskly Now! Now! Get these boys to a car she stands up and heads over to Alyssa and her motorcycle combo.
Ben,am I correct that a wound can only be treated by 1st Aid once (whether the roll is successful or fails) and therefore, there is no point in me trying to 1st aid the wounds again?
OOC:   All - I'm harvesting today (20 hectares) so will unlikely post again today  

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Looking at the others who have scrambled around the other boy who was shot, Alyssa looks down at the poor boy with Warren as she watches the blood pooling out of him. Guilt washing her over, "Help me here Texas," as Alyssa shakes Warren's shoulder. Still awkwardly holding the camera, Alyssa slings the large clunky camera over her shoulder, and tries her best helping the poor boy.

Alyssa laid the boy carefully on his back and ripped open his shirt, popping a few buttons in urgent motion. With the signs of violence on this innocent looking boy, Alyssa grabbed one of her spare camera lens cloth from her bag, and wiped away all the excess blood from the chest. "We'll need proper bandages to cover his wound or else his lung will collapse," Alyssa looking over at Warren
First Aid 30%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4597946/]Crit. Success 2%[/url]
OOC,do I roll twice for crit success?

Return to “A Star on the Shore”