IC Ch 8: Off to Visit the Church

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC Ch 8: Off to Visit the Church

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I know this may be difficult," says Eddie to the former captives, "but we're going to have to ask you some questions about what happened to you and what you witnessed while you were being held prisoner. First, are any of you hurt?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

The 3 of them were huddled into 1 corner. The Colonel had provided each with a blanket and a cup of hot tea. He had also put some biscuits out, but those are all gone. The man nodded his head. "Yea, I'll tell you anything I know. I was there the longest, these 2 came in after me. There were 2 others there when I was brought in, but they ... they..." He trailed off, his eyes piercing the wall opposite him. A tear runs down from the outside corner of his eye, leaving a clean streak on his otherwise filthy face.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm Eddie Donovan, a cop from Boston," says Eddie. "What are your names? I'll start by asking how they captured you and you ended up down there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

"And I'm Alyssa Ryan. You're among friends," she smiles encouragingly. "More biscuits?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The man grabs one of the biscuits with a quick snatch and then looks embarrassed. But didn't put it back, "my name is John. Not sure of the 2 ladies. Its like it was all some dream. I'm a warehouse worker from Chicago, I'm married and have kids. But one day I needed to paint." He looked down at his hands, you can still see paint on them, though it looks several days old. "I remember painting the red barn on the wharf, the ocean, the lighthouses. I slept on the road, ate whatever I could get, but I wasn't hungry..." He trailed off for a second as his face changed from the placid smile to a look of fear. "Then they came in the night while we slept. Their scaly hands, strong arms. They grabbed me up and whisked me into the water. They carried me through a small cave that led to those tunnels we were just in, and into the large cave." He took a bite out of the biscuit and swallowed.
"There were 2 others already there. That night they were all there. 20 or so in robes, as well as several of the green scaly beasts. Finally, 1 dressed in red came in. Everyone bowed to him and he released one of the men from the other cages. He ran to or fro but there was no where for him to run. Eventually they chained him to the wench and lowered him into the pit. He was kicking and screaming but when they stopped the winch, then I heard a scream like none I had ever heard before. Not from shock, anger or even fear. No, this was the sound of terror." He grabbed his ears, "I can still hear it." He screams as he starts banging his head with his hands. The 2 woman follow and start doing it also, shrieking and banging their heads.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie reaches out to restrain the man's hands to stop him from hurting himself, hoping the others will help the women.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard sublty checks the gun in his pocket to ensure that there is a round in the chamber, as he watches everything going on.

When the ex prisoners calm back down he ask "So were both of you ladies also suddenly drawn to come to town to paint the Red Barn?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Alyssa saw what Eddie did and positioned herself ready to restrain the women if necessary. She listened for a reply to Richard's question.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

They don't seem to be listening to Eddie, as they continue to bang themselves in the head. Eddie tries to restrain the mans arms, but find it difficult work. The woman continue to bang their heads as well against their fists.

They start chanting. Alyssa grabs one of the women's hands and finds it difficult. While you can hold their hands down, they can lower their head to bang on their fists. While not as hard a hit, its almost impossible to stop it completely.
OOC:   all, if anyone wants to make a Latin or Occult roll, go for it.  
The Colonel walks in from the kitchen with more biscuits, "What the hell is going on?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Oh God! I don't know," said Alyssa. "They've been through hell. What can we use to restrain them?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Handcuffs," says Eddie, using his to secure the man's arms behind his back so he can't beat his head with his fists any more. "Unfortunately, I only have one pair. We'll just have to hold the women in armlocks until they calm down."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Between the group, you are able to restrain the 3 until they all calm down at almost the same time.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Alyssa's lips are set firmly as she listened. Grimly she stated: "Obviously these evil weirdos need to be stopped. The question is do we do it or will the 'authorities'?" She looked intently to Eddie for support: "What do you think we ought to do. Eddie, you represent the police? If, if, it needs be us we must have firepower on our side. Colonel, can you get hold of . . . God knows, machine guns?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Like I said, the Boston police have no jurisdiction in Rockport," says Eddie, removing his handcuffs from the man's wrists. "The cops here are no doubt in on it. We'd have to go to either the county Sheriff or the Massachusetts State Police. We could also involve federal agents if we could prove there are violations of the Volstead Act - Prohibition. We've seen no evidence of that so far. In order to get the law on our side, we need proof. We have witnesses, and we have your photographs once they're developed, but those could be dismissed out of hand because what we're saying is clearly insane. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. They could always claim the pictures are fake. Without solid, undeniable proof, I don't see how we can go to the authorities. Besides, if we did involve them, they'd just get killed because they'd be unprepared. It would be just like what happened in Boston all over again. I think we're going to have to continue doing this ourselves, at least for now. Getting more and better weapons is a good idea. We'll also need to go back down there to try to retrieve the Reverend's body - which would certainly be powerful evidence - and that statue. If I'd known, we could have just taken it with us when we were there before."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard speaks up "We should destroy the statue, and i doubt the Reverends body is there anymore"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Right, it's down to us then," said Alyssa. "Colonel, what weapons can you get for us? I just thought: dynamite. We could throw it into the pit?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good idea," says Eddie. "We could also use it to seal off that chamber after we're done there, and to destroy the statue as well."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"I think destroying the statue and burying everything that is down there is best" says Richard
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You do know the statue probably weighs several hundred pounds.

The colonel looks at you, "Sorry I don't have any weapons, but if there is someone you can call, I have a phone you could use."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Nuts!" said Alyssa, clenching her fist and swinging it across herself in a gesture of annoyance. Do any of you guys know of someone or some place we can get what we need?" She stops to think, imagining herself terrified and inexpertly squeezing the trigger of a Thompson machine gun.

Return to “A Star on the Shore”