Page 1 of 1

IC Ch 7: 224 School Street

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:41 pm
by BenTheRat
It is around 8:30 pm when you pull up 2 houses down from your destination, 224 School street. The home of Nathan Rice the city hall worker who is deaf.

It is dark outside, and you can see the lights on in the house. Even a shadow moving inside through the white curtains.
OOC,anyone who wants can make a spot hidden check.

Re: IC Ch 7: 224 School Street

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:43 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie,you can see more than 1 shadow moving in the house. Mr. Rice is not alone. Could be a wife or kids, you can't tell.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

"There are at least two people moving around inside," says Eddie. "Do you know if Mr. Rice has a family?"

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:18 am
by Medri
Charles feel a bit nervous but shakes it off. He looks around

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:19 am
by DrVendetta
Richard touches the pendant that Loosa gave him that he is wearing around his neck as he looks around to see who is following them as he fully expected to be followed by someone who was watching the house they came from
Spot hidden roll,[dice]0[/dice] didnt work let me try again [dice]1[/dice]
Ben,sorry but when I went back the first time it showed a '0' which is what I get with a mistake in systax, after I added the second dice roll the original one showed correctly so not sure what is going on with this

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:42 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,you see no cars around like anyone followed you, but you see multiple shadows in the windows.
Everyone hears a scream from the house.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:11 am
by Silver Priest
"Oh my," Says Norman. "Perhaps we should call the police."

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"I am the police," says Eddie. He runs towards the house, drawing his pistol as he goes. Seeing Richard's action, he rubs his own pendant with his free hand.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:26 am
by DrVendetta
Richard follows Eddie towards the house.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:55 am
by BenTheRat
As you get to the door you can see it has already been busted open, and then closed again.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:37 am
by DrVendetta
Richard burst through the broken door

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie also rushes inside through the door.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:28 pm
by BenTheRat
As you rush into the front living room, you can see through an open door way into the kitchen in the back. 2 Men in robes are standing over a 3rd man laying on the ground. The kitchen floor is covered in blood and you hear one man say, "Where is it?" as you rush into the house. The 2 men turn to look at you as you rush in.
One of them is holding a very bloody long knife.

They turn to run.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:50 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman follows the others into the house, gasping in horror at the scene before him.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:00 am
by DrVendetta
Richard follows chases the men pulling out one of his pistols and takes a shot when he has on.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:11 am
by BenTheRat
Richard sprints after them pulling a pistol. As he enters the kitchen you see them going out the back door.

OOC: you may take 1 shot, roll to hit.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Stop or I'll shoot!" shouts Eddie, bringing up his revolver to aim at the other man and pulling back the hammer.
OOC,Do I have time to take a shot as well?

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie and Richard,Both of you may now shoot. But the 2 people fleeing are heading out the door. And without having had a chance to talk about it, its sort of random who you shoot. You don't have time to wait to see if or who Richard shoots, to shoot the other one. So its very possible you will end up shooting the same person. Probably the guy going through the door way 2nd.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:43 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman rushes to help the man on the ground, attempting to ascertain his condition.

First Aid 30
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Rubbing his pendant with his off hand, Eddie takes a shot at one of the fleeing killers, the one with the bloody knife. He aims low, hoping to hit him in the legs and keep him from fleeing even if he withstands the wound.
OOC,Handgun roll (60% skill) shooting at the killer. [dice]0[/dice] Damage to fleeing killer from .38 bullet [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:17 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie pauses the chase for a second to take the shot. He realizes that trying to hit the leg of a running man is nigh impossible. But rubbing his good luck charm he takes the shot.
dodge chance,[dice]0[/dice]
The bullet strikes but not in the leg, more upper buttocks area. You hear a yelp but he continues to run into the darkness.

Norman gets to the body and tries to stop the bleeding from the dozen cuts he has on him, all bleeding out. He coughs and blood spurts out of his mouth.
Despite all that he smiles.

He pushes your arms away and rolls onto his side, he tries to raise his arm but cannot seem to get it higher than his chest. He groans, and winces in pain.
OOC:   Once Richard posts his shot, we can move forward. Or anyone else can make an action. I know its been a bit slow, hopefully things will pick up now.  

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:23 pm
by DrVendetta
Richards shot,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:01 pm
by BenTheRat
Richard slows down to take the shot, but hits the door frame right where the robed men was at. They run into the darkness.

Having paused to take the shots, they have gotten a bit of a lead on you.

You can continue to give pursuit. You also know at least one of them was hit. You also aren't sure if there are anymore in the house.

You see the man on the floor groan, he reaches his hand out and draws in his own blood. He draws an arrow, then looks deep into Norman's eyes. You see him mouth the words, "get them," and then slumps to the ground.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie races after the fleeing men, hoping that the blood dripping from the one he wounded will make it easier to follow him.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:59 am
by BenTheRat
Eddie,you can see the blood if you slow down to look. But they were still running pretty fast. To match their speed, you cannot track the blood in the dark.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:16 am
by DrVendetta
Richard continues on a full speed after the men after taking the shot

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:12 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,In that case, I'll run at full speed. If they lose us, then we can try to follow the blood trail.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:09 pm
by Medri
Charles tries to take a look around in the rooms around the body when he gets back from the first shock of the sudden events. He looks out to where the others ran off and tries to help Norman with whatever he can.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:05 pm
by BenTheRat
You both shoot and run out the door after the 2 fleeing men. One obviously injured but still running. By the time you get across the kitchen and out the back door you can see them running to the left through some back yards.

You sprint after them and appear to be gaining on them. Because of the high speed and trees you do not have a clear shot.

You make it to a street and they run across the street and into another back yard, the one that was wounded is falling behind. He is still carrying the knife. There are very few trees in this backyard. Combined with the street, you have a clear shot if you want to slow down to take it. Its still at long range, but make-able.
The one in front is partially blocked by the wounded man. You could take a shot at him if you wanted to, but it would be very difficult shot.

Do you stop to take the shot or continue the pursuit? If you stop to take the shot, they will pull back further ahead and you will have lost the ground you gained on them.

Charles takes a quick look around the rooms and there is no one else in the house. You go over to Norman and the man laying on the ground. He appears to be dead. His blood is all over the floor. Tracks from several foot steps lead to the back door. The man appears to have at least a half dozen cuts on him. He has drawn an arrow on the floor in his own blood.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:07 am
by DrVendetta
Richard pushes on as fast as he can seeing that he is gaing on the men.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie also keeps running all out, hoping to close the distance.

Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:59 pm
by BenTheRat
You continue your sprint, now only 30 feet behind, but the blood lose is taking its toll. You continue through the back yard, and behind another building. Probably a movie house or theatre.

Here the 2 men turn left onto the road and cross school street, from the North side to the South side. You are almost on the injured man. The uninjured one reaches the doors of a church and opens the door. He turns to look and sees you only 10 feet behind his friend.

You see the man make a gesture and enter the church. The man you are chasing continues to run but looking over his shoulder he sees you are almost on top of him. You hear him say something and raise his knife to his throat...

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie rushes forward and leaps at the man with the knife, trying to tackle and disarm him before he can kill himself.
OOC,Grapple roll (55% skill) attacking the wounded man. [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:05 am
by DrVendetta
If I think I can get to him before he slices his thraot I will do that and tackle him hard, if I dont think I can close the gap I will shoot him in the arm with the knife
Roll for action,not sure which I am doing so I will just roll and you can apply it to the tackle or the shot which every ends up applying [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:28 am
by BenTheRat
Eddie leaps in front of Richard, and dives for the fleeing man, but he slips off his robes.
Richard reflexively aims and shoots, hitting the man right in the wrist causing him to drop the knife.

The robed man falls to the ground.
Richard,roll damage.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:41 am
by DrVendetta
Damage,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:13 am
by BenTheRat
The bullet went through part of his face before hitting his hand. He collapses on the ground, Eddie falling on top of him and rolling off.

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie quickly cuffs the man's arms behind his back with the pair of handcuffs he carries and then does what he can to stop his bleeding. "Don't touch the murder weapon with your bare hands," he says. "It's got his fingerprints on them. Getting our own on there too would only confuse matters."
OOC,First Aid roll (55% skill) treating the man's wounded arm and face: [dice]0[/dice] HP restored to the man: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:26 pm
by BenTheRat
The man appears to be unconscious, but still breathing. You handcuff him and manage to stop him from bleeding to death.

A group of people coming out of the theatre you passed is coming over to see what is going on with the gun shot.
OOC:   For those still in the house, what are you guys doing?  

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:29 pm
by Silver Priest
Norman explains the arrow, trying to determine if it points to anything significant.

"My, how ghastly. and he mouthed 'Get them' before he died. What do you think he meant?"

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 am
by BenTheRat
The arrow is pointing to a cabinet in the kitchen. The door has been opened already. The whole room looks searched through, now that you look around.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie stands up and addresses the gathering people with the voice of authority. "This man just committed a murder with that knife," he says, pointing out the prisoner and the weapon. "We pursued him and his accomplice, who fled into the church. We managed to capture this one and stop him from killing himself, but the other one is still at large and may have friends. It's not safe out here. Please return to your homes."

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:07 pm
by BenTheRat
A few from the crowd rush away, but many others are still there. You hear murmurs of "Call the police", "I heard gunshots", "Look they have guns", "That poor man", "Someone get him to the hospital".

Someone steps forward from the crowd, "I'm a doctor let me help him." You see a young lady pulling on his arm, "don't get involved."

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:37 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Doctor," says Eddie. "I was able to stop the bleeding, but he needs more help than I can give him."

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:21 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard says, we have an audince now

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:14 am
by Silver Priest
Norman approaches the cabinet and looks through it carefully.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 pm
by BenTheRat
Norman and Charles,you may both make a spot hidden check

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:40 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Target 45

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 pm
by Medri
Ben,Invisible castle seems to be down so I made a roll with a dice and got 54. If you want a link and there is an alternative to invisable castle that you know of, please tell me and I'll post that instead.
Charles hums for him self while looking for something that might help.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:16 am
by BenTheRat
Norman and Charles search the cabinet, but it appears the intruders had already gone through that cabinet as well as the ones on either side of it.

Richard and Eddie. As the doctor works on the man, he pulls out some wrappings from his bag and wrap up his multiple wounds. His wife pulls his car around.

"Here help me get him into my car and I'll get him to the clinic. I can help him more there." The doctor says.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Of course, Doctor," says Eddie, lending his considerable strength to help carefully lift the man and carry him to the car. "We need to watch this guy and make sure he stays restrained. He's a danger to himself and others. I'll use my handkerchief to pick up the murder weapon so I don't mess up the fingerprints. My name's Eddie Donovan, by the way. I'm a cop from Boston up here on vacation. Some vacation, huh?"

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:10 pm
by BenTheRat
"Well my job is to keep him alive sir. Nice to meet you." As he gets the man into the car he shuts the door and gets into the driver seat. "You need to get that to the police. With all the gunfire going on, I'm sure they will be here soon."

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:58 pm
by Medri
Charles looks around if he finds anything else that can give them some kind of information.
Ben,Roll: 91

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 am
by DrVendetta
Richard gets into the car with the Doctor and his wife and says "I agree Eddie this guy can't be left alone with anyone we need to travel with the Doctor"

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:34 am
by BenTheRat
Richard,The cars backseat has the guy you shot, the front seat has his wive and him. There isn't room for you. The wife would have to get out.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we'd better go with you, Doctor," says Eddie. "I'm sure you're not afraid, but think of your wife's safety."

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:19 am
by DrVendetta
Richard says "There is no way this guy is leaving here with out either me or Eddie in this car with him, I will sit in the back seat and he can have his legs or head over my lap otherwise we put him in our car and we follow you"

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:29 am
by Medri
Since Charles does not seem to find anything he looks over to Norman.

"Hm... What do you think we should do next?"

Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:22 pm
by BenTheRat
The doctor looks at Richard, "Fine, get in, but try not to move him much, but he isn't going to live if I don't get him to my clinic."

After Richard gets in, he drives off, leaving Eddie standing there holding a knife in one hand and his pistol in the other.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie has the knife carefully wrapped in his handkerchief so that he doesn't touch it. He gets in his own car to follow the doctor.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:39 am
by Silver Priest
"I suppose we could search the rest of the house. Though I'd feel better waiting for the others to get back here." Norman says, casting a nervous glance back at the body.

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:39 am
by BenTheRat
Eddie,your car is 2 blocks up the street. Are you going to run to your car.

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Is it in the same direction the doctor's car is heading? Do I know where his clinic is if I lose sight of it?

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:58 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie,No and No

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:59 pm
by BenTheRat
Norman and Charles,You hear another gun shot from outside. It sounds like it is pretty far away.

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Realizing that he's not going to be able to find the doctor's clinic, Eddie instead carefully approaches the church where he saw the other killer enter, keeping his eyes and ears open for any sign of him.
OOC,In that case, I'd never find them. I just wish I'd had a chance to hand the knife off to [b]Richard[/b] before they drove off.

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:31 pm
by BenTheRat
The crowd starts to disperse, as you approach the church, you don't see anything unusual. You do hear sirens in the distance.
Eddie,You remember something about 'don't trust the sheriff's office, they are in on it.'

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,From which direction are the sirens coming? Is my car (and the murder scene) in the same direction, or a different one?

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 am
by DrVendetta
Richard ask "How far to your clinic?" while silently making sure his gun is ready because at this point he does not trust anyone in this town and checking the way they are heading so he can find his way back if needed

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:25 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie hears sirens coming from the opposite direction of his car and the house.
Richard,go to this thread [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=5458]here.[/url]

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie walks briskly towards the house and his car, not breaking into a run, which would appear suspicious, but making good speed nonetheless.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:36 am
by Medri
Charles turns to Norman. "Did you hear that? What should we do?"

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 am
by Silver Priest
"Hide," Norman suggests, looking around for somewhere to conceal them.

"If anyone comes, uh, in that we don't know, we assume they're with the cult and act accordingly."

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am
by Medri
"Seems like a plan" Charles looks after a place to hide while he feels the stress coming up.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:07 am
by BenTheRat
The house has been gone through pretty well. There is overturned furniture as well as closets to hide in, or cabinets, as they have all had most of their items pulled out.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Eddie makes it to the car/house without incident.

"Why don't you go get the others, and I'll pull the car around back." Aunt Loosa says.

As you enter the house you don't see Charles and Norman.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:01 pm
by Medri
Charles sees the others coming into the house before he and Norman has hidden anywhere. He turns to them looking distressed. "What happened? What was those noises?"

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Hearing Charles speak, Eddie heads in that direction. "We have to go soon," he calls. "The lcoal cops will be here before long, and from what I've heard, they're in on it. We chased the killers down the street. The one I wounded tried to kill himself with the murder weapon, but Richard shot his arm so he'd drop it. We were able to capture him and keep him alive, but the other one escaped into the church. A huge crowd gathered and someone must have called the police. A doctor and his wife took our prisoner away in his car, and Richard went with them. I don't know where his clinic is, though. I did hold onto the knife, making sure not to get any fingerprints on it."

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am
by Medri
Charles looks from Eddie to Norman. "Where should we go then and how? We don't know where the clinik is but we need to get Richard don't we? Did you decide anything?" Charles sounds even more distressed.

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Back to the Woods House, in our cars," says Eddie. "They'll know where to find the doctor's clinic, and I wouldn't want to trust anyone else. I don't even know if we can trust the doctor, or if he's really taking them where he said he would. I do know he was going in the opposite direction from this house, the same way from which the police were coming."

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:54 am
by Medri
Charles looks from Eddie to Norman again. "To the Woods House then! Quick. I agree that it seems like the only real choice at this point."

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:05 am
by Silver Priest
"Indeed. Let's get out of here," Norman says, still a bit shaken by the grizzly scene.

"The man drew an arrow in his own blood that led to a cabinet in the kitchen, but we were not able to find anything. And he mouthed' get them' before he died. I wonder what he meant."

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"It must be important if he used his last breath to do it," says Eddie. "Where's the cabinet? Let me have a look before we go."

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:35 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 3 of you go into the kitchen, you can still clearly see the arrow in the blood pointing at the cabinet that has been searched through.
OOC,All 3 of you may make a spot hidden check.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie searches the cabinet, careful not to get his fingerprints on the contents, but he can't quite find anything, as he isn't sure what he is seeking.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) searching the cabinet: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:20 am
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden 45

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:16 pm
by BenTheRat
As the 3 of you are searching around the cabinet Eddie notices a small panel under the cabinet that was knocked loose during all the searching.
OOC,yes I know you missed by 2, there was a 10% bonus because of the small area to search, knowing there is something there to see and its the 2nd time its been searched

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:07 pm
by Mr. Handy

"There's a hidden compartment here, behind this panel," says Eddie. Using a napkin to keep from getting any fingerprints on anything, he opens the panel fully and looks inside,

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 pm
by BenTheRat
As you press on the panel it slides out and you see a small notebook inside. You can hear the sirens down at the theater now.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie snatches up the notebook and elbows the cabinet door shut. "We got what we needed," he says, already running for the front door and his car. "Let's get out of here!"

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:57 am
by BenTheRat
As you run out the front door, you see the police car down at the end of the street, but your car is not out front.

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie spins around, remembering that Aunt Loosa said she would bring the car around back, and heads through the house to the back door.

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:16 am
by BenTheRat
As you run out the back door you see Aunt Loosa there with the car, the engine still running. "Let's get going now boys."

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie hurries for his car. "I'll drive," he says.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:34 am
by BenTheRat
Aunt Loosa slides over and lets Eddie take the wheel.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie slides behind the wheel. Once everyone is aboard, he pulls out and heads for the Woods House.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm
by BenTheRat
You get to the house ok, the cool night air blowing in through the windows. "What happened in there?" Aunt Loosa asked.

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"The man we came to meet was being murdered by two guys when we arrived, with the knife I'm carrying," explains Eddie. "I wounded one of them as they fled, and we chased them down the street. We caught the wounded one, who tried to kill himself with the knife, but Richard shot him in the arm and he dropped it. Then I was able to handcuff him and keep him alive. The other one fled into a nearby church. A crowd of people gathered, including a doctor and his wife. They put the man in their car to take him to the doctor's clinic, and Richard got in with them, but they drove off without me. I had to get back to the house because the police were coming. Now we need to find out where the clinic is - if that's even where they really went. We can't really trust people in this town."

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:55 am
by Papa Gateau

Oh my, I was so worried when I heard all that shooting, at least none of us is hurt. she turns to Eddie You're right, we need to find that clinic, Richard could be in danger.

Wake the cook, she seems to know what's going on in town, let's see if she knows where the clinic is.

I need to go to my room.

Ben,[b]Aunt Loosa[/b] will try a seance to locate the whereabouts of [b]Richard[/b]. I don't know her current magic points but today she has already done 1 seance and made 2 charms = min of (2d3 [charms] + 2[seance]) magic spent maybe more as we didn't play out the earlier seance so I don't know how many questions were asked (1 point/question). Do you want to run the seance via PM or shall we do it via Spoiler-buttons?

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"All right," says Eddie. "We also recovered this notebook from the victim's house, but we haven't had time to read it yet." He knocks on the cook's door.

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:09 pm
by BenTheRat
The door opens a couple mins later, she appears to have been preparing for bed. "Why yes, can I help you? Did you need a late night snack or somethin'" her southern twang coming out.
Aunt Loosa,we can do it by PM, or you can include the whole group. You are low enough you'd have to roll to be successful. Up to you. I'd rather do it by PM, so I can find it again if needbe. We do it by email and it will be lost.

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"There's been a murder," says Eddie, and he quickly explains what happened. "Do you know if the doctor can be trusted and where his clinic is? I don't like the idea of Richard not having any of us with him."

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:06 am
by BenTheRat
"Oh my, doctor you say? There is no doctor or clinic in Rochester right now. You have to go to Gloucester to find a doctor," she said.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"I was hoping that wasn't the case," says Eddie. "The two of them came out of one of the nearby houses. They've got Richard and the killer we captured. The guy's hands are cuffed behind his back and he's seriously wounded, so I don't think he's a threat, but they could kill him to make sure he never talks. We need to find out where they've taken them." He describes the fake doctor and the woman with him, as well as their car, and tells her which direction they left.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:12 am
by BenTheRat
"I'm not sure, but I don't go out much, I'm sorry I can't be of help." she responds.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"You've helped plenty just by knowing there isn't a doctor in town," says Eddie. "Now we need to discuss with everyone what the next step is and how to find Richard. Maybe this notebook will have some clues."

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:06 pm
by BenTheRat
You all gather back into the main living room, with the exceptions of Richard and Aunt Loosa.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie fills everyone in and looks through the notebook to see what useful information it contains.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:57 pm
by BenTheRat
You open the small notebook it says the following:

I am starting this journal because there are many unexplained occurrences in our fair village.

I have been able to draw the strange occurrences to coincide with the finding of an unusual cavern while digging in the quarries.
Many of the miners have been killed or fled the city.

The quarries have reduced their output, and have decommissioned the main quarry.

More people dying from "accidents" and "drownings".

Monsters reported off the shore, dismissed by the authorities.

Suspected Cult members:
Kevin Wright
Michael Dryver
Shawn Ross
Julian Johson
Rebecca Wood
Bradly Butterfill
Phil??

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie reads his findings out loud, especially the list of suspected cult members. "The only names on this list I recognize are Michael Dryver and Phil," he says, "and it's no surprise to see Phil there. I don't know who these others are." He looks over to the cook. "Are any of these names familiar to you? And do you know where the main quarry is?"

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:18 am
by BenTheRat
She takes the list and looks at it. "Of course, I know most people in this small town. Mr. Wright runs the Rockport Granite Company. You already know Mr. Dryer. I should have known with Mr. Ross. He runs the Art Association. Let me see, Oh no, not Mr. Johnson. He is so sweet. He runs the barber shop," she says shaking her head. She takes a second and continues, "Ms. Wood works up at the Train Depot, and finally father Butterfill is the leader of the Pigeon Cove Chapel. I don't know this Phil fellow."

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"We know him...unfortunately," says Eddie. "As for the others, it does say 'suspected' cult members. We don't know for certain that everyone on the list is guilty, so maybe Mr. Johnson is jake after all - but I still wouldn't trust him. We need a lead on how to find Richard, and we need to go find him now. We can't wait until morning. He might not live that long. That church the other killer fled into could be an important location to them, but the cops will be crawling all over the area right now. The quarries are another possible place, but we don't know if they took him there. They drove down School Street away from 224 when they left, and the police came from the same direction. Do you know what lies that way? It's a shame there are no maps of this place available, but I think the cult likes it that way."

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:01 am
by DrVendetta
Richard walks through the front door and shuts the door behind him clearly still very cold in his soaking wet clothes and ask "Is everyone ok?"

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we're fine," says Eddie. "We were worried about you. That so-called doctor is a fake, and probably part of the cult. Where did he take our prisoner?" He fills Richard in on what they've found.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:58 pm
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa steps into the front room, she looks tired and drawn, the bright light that normally dances behind her eyes seems dimmed.

When she sees Richard she smiles warmly Oh Richard I am glad you are safe. I was so worried about you. I couldn't divine where you were and only received mixed messages as to your safety. she looks him over You're soaking and shivering with cold, you need to get out of those wet clothes. she turns to the cook Could you make a large pot of hot coffee dear?

She turns back to Richard Go on, go and get changed and then come and tell us what happened tonight

She moves slowly over to an armchair and lowers herself into. Within moments her eyes close and her gentle snores roll around the room.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:16 am
by DrVendetta
Richard hugs his chest trying to draw warmth back into his cold body and says "Loosa is right let me go dry off and change clothes and then we can disgue everything that has transpired over a coffee"

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:24 am
by BenTheRat
Richard gets changed into dry clothes and soon everyone has a hot cup of coffee or tea.

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"We have to make sure the man we caught doesn't escape or die," says Eddie. "Where did they take him?"

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm
by DrVendetta
"I am afraid that he is gone, as I soon discovered after they took off in the car the couple was not a docotr and his wife but members of the cult. When Is tarted to resist the guy drove the car straight into the ocean at full speed. The driver jumped out before the car went into the ocean but the injured man and the woman did not make it out from what I saw. This all happened right in front of the chapel we heard about and the driver ran into the chapel after jumping out of the car." Richard tells the others, then he ask "So what did you guys find out?"

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:42 pm
by Mr. Handy

"The dead man drew an arrow with his own blood that helped us find this," says Eddie, showing Richard the notebook he had found. "It has some useful information and a list of suspected cult members."

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:17 pm
by Papa Gateau

When Richard returns and at the sound of the two men talking Aunt Loosa wakes up, though she still looks extremely fatigued and drawn.

I'm sorry boys, I drifted off there she gets up and pours herself a coffee, adding a good spoonful of sugar to the cup.

Now Richard did I hear right or I was still dreaming and you said the man drove the car into the ocean with his wife still inside? she shakes her disbelievingly How did you get out of the car? Are you hurt? Do you need to see a doctor? A real one?

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:43 pm
by Medri
Charles gets up from his seat. "Do you need anything else to gather some warmth Richard?"

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"If that even was his wife," says Eddie. "He lied about everything else, why should we believe him about that?"

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:25 am
by DrVendetta
Richard responds "I don't think it was his wife and I jumped out of the car just as it was hitting the ocean. Did the notebook say anything about the chapel or anything other than a list of suspects? Was the woan from the hardware store on the list of suspects?"

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"There was more in there," says Eddie, showing him the notebook and explaining what he found.
OOC,You can see it in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=171856#p171856]this post[/url].

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:03 am
by DrVendetta
Richard looks over the notebook and then looks up and says "Well I see our friend Phil is listed here, but I am concerned about this name here" and he stops short to look up to see if Angela is anywhere around.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:53 pm
by BenTheRat
Angela is not in the room with you. You can see her bedroom door from the living room, and it is closed.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:53 am
by DrVendetta
After seeing that Angela is out of ear shot Richard ask "So what do you make of Rebecca being on this list?"

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"Remember, she's just a suspect," says Eddie. "Her inclusion on this list doesn't necessarily mean that she's guilty, but we should be careful. We can't trust Rebecca unless we can clear her of involvement."

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:13 am
by Medri
Charles turns to sit down again since he got no response. "Do you think we should go to the chapel or search for more information first?"

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:57 pm
by Papa Gateau

Aunt Loosa tries to stay engaged in the conversation but the day's events and whatever else she has got up to have taken their toll. Once again her gentle snores roll around the room.

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"There could still be quite a crowd around the church tonight," says Eddie, "but night may be the best time to go inside unnoticed, and the longer we wait, the colder the trail will get."

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm
by BenTheRat
"Aunt Loosa looks beat, but I am up for whatever we decide to do tonight or in the morning." Richard adds.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Perhaps it is too risky to go back there tonight," says Eddie. "Besides, I think we're all exhausted. Better to get some sleep now. Maybe our dreams will give us some more clues."

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 pm
by BenTheRat
As everyone heads off to their rooms, sleep comes in fits and spurts. You wake up during the night several times.

All of you have the same 2 dreams:

1. A spider web stretches across the land, with spiders crawling back and forth while their prey fly above it unaware of the danger. You are moving among the flies, and while you see the spiders below you they do not appear to be a threat. The spiders jump up from their web pulling you down to their web, and while you are laying in their web trapped, the spiders all gather around you, and begin to eat...

2. You are standing in a room holding a small candle. It's small flickering flame barely illuminates the area around you. It is fighting the opressive pressure you feel and the darkness that is trying to grab at you like tentacles. You almost run into a corner of the room that is jutting out towards you. You realize this room is unlike any you have been in before. You hear a rustling noise to your left. You turn to see but whoever or whatever it is, but you see onlyt the black. It is hidden in the dark crevices of the rooms archetecture. You feel the goosebumps on your skin, a chill runs up your back and the hairs on your neck stand to attention. You can hear the thing moving, sliding along the rocks, like a snake might move. You hear a raspy voice, deep and disturbing, not quite in the audible range of your ears. "help me" it says...

You wake covered in sweat, a chill from the morning air has seeped into the room, the sun is up and you can smell biscuits cooking in the house.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy

Eddie takes a quick shower and gets dressed, then follows his nose down to the kitchen. He hopes that Aunt Loosa can interpret the dreams, because he isn't sure what they mean.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:07 am
by DrVendetta
Richard wakes up tired from a bad night of sleep with the nightmares. He gets up takes a shower and goes down to the kitchen for breakfeast with the others.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:15 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC:   OK guys, you have to do something. What is the plan? If you guys are totally stumped let me know and I'll remind you of a few clues you haven't followed up on. But I don't want to lead you too much.  

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,My plan was to check out the church where we saw the other killer flee. I was just waiting for everyone to gather at breakfast.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:22 am
by DrVendetta
Richard sits down at the table and joins Eddie for breakfeast. "So how did you sleep last night?"

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Not really," says Eddie, deadpan, "but that's normal after witnessing a murder. What's not normal are the dreams I had, although considering the dreams we all had last night, that's becoming normal now too." He describes his two odd dreams. "Did everyone else have the same dreams again?"

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:35 am
by DrVendetta
Richard says "Yes I had those same dreams, I did not sleep well at all"

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"We should visit the church today," says Eddie. "The crowd will be gone by now, and maybe we'll find some clues by the light of day that we wouldn't have been able to see last night."

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 am
by Medri
Charles comes down to the breakfast table and sits down with his meal. "I had such terrible dreams tonight again" he says with a sigh before listening in to the otheres around the table.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:37 am
by DrVendetta
Richard replies "I agree visiting the church would be a good idea"

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, so did I," says Eddie. "I think we all had the same dreams again. We should go to the church as soon as we're done breakfast."

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:35 pm
by DrVendetta
Richard ask "Are the others coming down this mornning or did they leave early to check other things out?"

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 am
by BenTheRat
OOC:   I will assume everyone is going. So they are with you as soon as they post.
Continue on this thread here.