IC: Ch 2. Welcome to Rockport

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 2. Welcome to Rockport

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard mutters quietly to Loosa "Hey Loosa is this cop real or an illusion he got here REAL fast?"
Spot Check,49% chance roll = [dice]0[/dice] a succsess
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not us, Officer," says Eddie, "but we did hear it as we were driving up. You sure got here quickly. Are we that close to Gloucester City? We must be more lost than we thought."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard,you see his car says Gloucester City Police
The officer looks at you, "Well you're actually in Rockport, you left Gloucester back at the paved road there. I just happened to be at our station up the road when the call came in. So would you say the shots came from Rockport or in Gloucester?"
OOC,everyone can make a psychology roll
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Psychology,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4604399/]Psychology (05%) (1d100=13)[/url]
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"We should have taken the train," mutters Eddie as he notices something.
It's been so long since Alyssa has seen a good idea, she had forgotten what they looked like.
Psychology 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4604486/]Success 10%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Papa Gateau »

Ben,Spot Hidden[75]:[dice]0[/dice] Psychology[75]:[dice]1[/dice] Is there anything out of the ordinary with the cop? Occult[90]:[dice]2[/dice]
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:
Warren thinking:   How the hell has he not noticed the bodies?  
Psychology 05%,1d100 → [97] = (97) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4604685/ No
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott stares in thick disbelief as the cop stands conversing idly with Eddie, utterly failing to notice the two corpses that lay just behind the assembled group.

"They were ahead of us, weren't they fellows?" Scott chimes in, "Yeah, I'm sure of it. Must've come from Rockport."

He smiles easily at the lawman, hoping his lie will convince him that the shots lay outside his jurisdiction and aren't his problem.
Spoiler:
Psych Roll - 25% - 1d100 → [2] = (2) Success
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,ok, I'll see if I can answer some of your questions. Between when the 1st shots went off, you guys got over the shock of shooting 2 boys, about 5 attempts of first aid, finally giving up, then going through the arguing of trying to decide what to do, it was close to 15 mins. Easily enough time for someone to call the police and have them take the 5 min drive where they thought they heard the shots. But the main reason was because you guys were bogged down and couldn't come to a decision so I thought I'd force the issue. As for not seeing the bodies, he is still 30 feet from, you, there are 7 people and 2 cars between him and the bodies. I had him make a spot hidden roll and he fumbled. hey it happens to the best of us also. But that doesn't mean I won't give him another chance to see them right now.
Scott,make a persuade roll.
Scott and Alyssa,you can tell this guy wants nothing to do with anything going on in Rockport.
Aunt Loosa,you see that his car says Gloucester City Police, there is nothing occult about him.
The policeman pulls out a notepad and pencil, "I'll have to get your names and what you're doing out here to pass onto sheriff Powell. I'm sure he'll want to talk to you. You don't look like you're from Rockport. You part of that Art convention going on?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:
I shuffle my feet a little uneasilly.
Warren thinking:   If we keep stalling he's gonna spot the bodies and put two and two together and make three  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie knows the minds of fellow cops very well.
OOC,I don't want to respond until I know what I've learned from my roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks over to Loosa waiting on a response for his question about the cop being an illusion but he gets a strong premention that it is not.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Eddie,you can tell he doesn't want anything to do with Rockport, or their police force.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It sounded like it was coming from Rockport to me too," says Eddie. "Yeah, that art convention sure sounds swell. I'm no artist myself, but I can appreciate fine art."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years

Post by jbibblesworth »

Spoiler:
Persuade Roll - 20% - 1d100 → [13] = (13) Success
"Yes officer, definitely came from that general direction." Scott states, gesturing vaguely towards Rockport. "Is Rockport typically a wild kind of town? My agent assured me it was a cosmopolitan town, perfect place to showcase my most recent works. Guess this motley crew of Bohemians couldn't fool you, eh? Scott Bowen, artiste." he puts particular emphasis on the 'e'. "I'm a painter by trade. I dabbled in the Dada movement but have matured to surrealism. Are you familiar with Limbour? Masson? Dali? No? Well surely you've heard of Breton!"

He cradles his elbow in one hand while he free hand wags wildly as he speaks in his rapid, stream-of-consciousness style that seems to roll out over the group in waves.

"It's really quite a revolutionary movement officer! The most fascinating thing to come out of France since Cubism really! See the surrealist attempts to juxtapose the visceral, almost sensory imagery of the dream state with the content of the everyday world. It's symbolism really, a thin metaphor to represent the tension inherent in the mankind's loyalty to both science and spirituality."

"Oh it's so fortuitous that we ran across you when we did! I'll confess that this rather rustic[/b] environment was playing havoc with my nerves! It's just so good to have to someone to talk to. These rubes aren't exactly sterling conversationalists."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

You can tell the police officer quickly lost interest in Scott's rambling and closed his notebook. "Well I think I got everything I need here. You take care, I'll tell the Sheriff about you hearing the shots. Good day."

He turns around and heads back to his police car. If he saw the bodies he didn't seem to let on at all. He turned the car around and headed away from you.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"We should hide the bodies, or at least move them," Norman points out, letting out a breath he had not known he'd been holding.. "If they're discovered here, they can easily be connected back to us. And if this Phil is observing us, I do not doubt he'd alert the police at the first opportunity."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah," says Eddie. "Especially now that we've been seen here by a cop who now knows one of our names. If the bodies are found here, we'll be the first suspects. I still don't know how he missed them. And we'd better hurry before there's any more traffic."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks around for a good place to hide the bodies, prefferable some place respectful.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Just off the roads are woods on both sides. The dirt road continues on and turns a corner up ahead.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “A Star on the Shore”