IC: Ch 2. Welcome to Rockport

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Papa Gateau
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Re: IC: Ch 2. Welcome to Rockport

Post by Papa Gateau »

Aunt Loosa
OOC:   Sorry - here's that San check you needed - I missed it earlier:
San[75]: [dice]0[/dice]

Edit - which I failed so 1d3 san loss [dice]1[/dice]  
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

The Train to Hell - A Grim Praririe Tale
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"It's alright." Norman does not sound offended. After what he had just witnessed, it was hard to begrudge Warren his reaction.

He turns to Aunt Loosa. "With all due respect Madame, we are outsiders in Rockport. Depending on how insular the community is, even the word of a police officer may be looked at with some suspicion. I'm not certain returning them is the best idea." Suddenly a thought occurs to him, and his face regains some color.

"Though this Phil is not from the area either, correct? Perhaps we can use that to our uh, advantage. If we can find the boy's parents, we might be able to convince them that one of the boys described Phil as their attacker before expiring. If it spreads to the entire town that he is a murderer, It might help us to track him down, yes?"
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard looks sadly at the boys bodies, deeply regreting his actions in this but silently swearing that Phil will never again get the oppurtunity to harm others, then turns back to the rest of the group and says "I agree with Loosa we owe it to these two innocent youn men and there families to ensure they get a proper burial and there families get the ability of closeur for this. I also agree with Norman because Phil was ultimatley responsible for this and making the community aware of Phil will just help keep the community safer even if it does not lead us to him any sooner the community will be aware and supscious of him if he approaches anyone. The question now is what story do we tell the town and their parents that will be believed and not get us incarcerated?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie lowers his head in shame. "We're going to need to get our story straight before we say anything to anyone," he says. "There are two bullets in one of those boys from two different guns, one of them mine. Any story we tell about one guy doing this is going to fall apart. Now, we could claim that Phil was one of them, and that he was the one chiefly responsible, which is actually true. Even so, those bullets could still be tied back to our guns. What do we do then? Or we could tell the truth. Then I'd have to arrest several of us, myself included. But I guess we might be able to get declared insane and avoid prison."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

OCC,just a point of reference but here is the history of balistic forensics in the United Staetes [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Goddard_(ballistics)[/url]
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I look down at the handle of my knife sticking from the chest of the boy, Loosa has a point. I reach down and pull the knife from the corpse, it comes free after a moments resistance.
Warren thinking:   Hmm, must have gone deeper that I thought  
For a moment the dead boys image blurs and is replaced by a shimmering figure dressed in a German military uniform. I shake my head clear of the madness and turn to the others still involved in the debate of what to do with the bodies.
"I've been a journalist long enough to guess how this will pan out if we do the 'right; thing. At the best the cops will lock us up as possible suspects, at worst the community, led by the grieving parents, will string us up without trial"

Once again I stare at the knife,
Warren thinking:   What did she mean 'link', link to what?  
I turn towards the old lady, "You wanna go tell the parents what happened here. Fine, but I'll be on my way. At the moment, if this was Phil's work..." I point at the corpses, "...then I guess he's one touchdown up. Involve the cops and the locals and this game is over"
Spot Hidden,65% 1d100 → [100] = (100) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4600063/ Not only did I not see it, but I don't think I would have seen it if someone picked it up and waved it while doing a tap dance 8-) .
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott avoids looking directly at the grisly corpses at his feet and nods solemnly at Warren's words.

"Warren's right." he agrees, "We don't even know who these boys are. How are we supposed to find their families? Carry their bodies into the town square and ask? Two bullet holes and a knife wound and these folks are going to what? Believe some concocted story about a guy named Phil that no one round here has ever seen? A bunch of strangers?"

He crosses his arms and levels his gaze at the old woman.

"I vote we hide the bodies." he frowns. "When we find Phil we can bring him to justice and then tell the families. Until then all we have a shaky alibi and an even crazier account of the truth."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:

I smile at Scott,, weel the nearest thing to a smile that I can muster.
Warren thinking:   At least one of them is thinking straight, this is what happens when you bring a preacher and a crusader to the party,  
I look at the others, even the pale faced Charles who seems determined to stay as far away from all this as possible, as if by maintaining his distance he disassociates himself from any guilt.

"Look let me say this" I gesture at the bodies, noting the way that Scott keeps his eyes firmly averted from the carnage, "This is bad, real bad, but think on this." I turn my gaze to Richard, "You were there in the cellar, and helped drag me out, At the hospital, did you try and explain to the hospital authorities that I had been stabbed by a possesed, self wielding knife, that just sprang from the floor and stuck itself in my chest? A ghost knife driven by a curse or something"

I look around for a place to hide my knife,
Warrenn thinking:   What the hell did she mean 'link'? Link to the crime, or link to Phil through some kind of magickry?  
"No, I guess you didn't. If you had we wouldn't be here now, would we? Probably be banging our heads on some padded wall somewhere, and old man Corbitt, if you could call him a man, would still be strutting around Boston drinking the blood of children."

I shake my head,
Warren thinking:   On on the other hand the others would still be alive  
"And that's what will happen if we try and explain this" [/color]Again I gesture at the bodies, noting some flinching amongst the group, "And I sure dont fancy a long rest in one of the states assylums"

I step back towards the cars, "So, has anyone got a spade?"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Silence falls over everyone, the group seems split on what to do, some want to lie to the authorities the other want to just hide the evidence and run. Some stay out of the discussion completely realizing the negatives of both sides.
A siren can be heard in the distance and it sounds to be coming your way from the direction you came from.
The boys still laying lifeless on the dirt road, blood pooling around them to look like tentacles in the dirt. A crow caws from the trees above.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"Well it looks like those sirens have made our descision for us. We had better come up with a story and fast" Richard walks over and picks up the shell casings from the ground that his gun spit out while firing and looks around for any other evidence that may be laying about.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We found them like this when we got lost on our way from Boston to Rockport," says Eddie quickly as he removes the used shell casing from his revolver and sticks it in his shirt pocket, then puts a spare bullet in the empty chamber and holsters his revolver. "We stopped and tried to help them, but it was too late. One of the boys, as he was dying, described one of the men who attacked them. One of you who knows what this Phil bastard actually looks like can pass on the description. Wouldn't surprise me if he called the cops on us. We can't leave now. Innocent people stay and meet the authorities. Guilty people flee. Maybe they'll have some respect and trust for me, seeing as I'm a fellow lawman."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard nods his head as he loads bullets into the clip of his gun to replace the ones he shot. "Anyone else have any better ideas?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Looking longingly back at the car, Norman sighs. "I believe Off...Eddie has it right. If we leave now we'll be natural suspects to these murders when we arrive in Rockport, and no doubt the police will come calling sooner or later. Facing the authorities now strikes me as the best of our rather awful options.

"But we'll need a reason for why we're all visiting this town. We're a rather uh, diverse group. "
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:
I look around huriedly hoping to spot somewhere to hide the knife, the wail of sirens spurring me on, "Jesus Christ! Leave the description to me I know the bastard real well"
My mind conjures up an image of his and his supercillious smile, "Try and keep the story together, and make sure that someone keeps an eye on Charles over there. In case he suddenly gets an attack of guilt and decides confession is good for the soul"

I turn to Loosa, the sirens getting closer by the minute, "What exactly did you mean - Link?"
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

The single police car comes into view around the bend. It pulls up to the end of the paved road and stops where the dirt road begins. You see a single policeman get out of the car and starts walking the 100 to 150 feet towards you.
ooc,everyone can make a spot hidden check.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years

Post by jbibblesworth »

Scott watches as the police officer walks towards them. He nervously wonders how the group appears to the approaching lawman. Do they wear masks of fear? Of guilt?

'...this is a mistake, this is a mistake, this is a mistake...'
Spoiler:
SPOT HIDDEN - 45% - 1d100 → [65] = (65) Failed
Last edited by jbibblesworth on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Warren Kaine:
Warren thinking:   You just know this aint gonna end well  
Spot Hidden,65% 1d100 → [85] = (85) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4603533/ Failed.
- Anais Nin
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nervously adjusting his glasses, Norman remains silent. He's not the best one at explaining things at the best of times, and this was a considerably worse situation.
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4603743/]Spot Hidden(45%) (1d100=37)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We should have taken the train," mutters Eddie as he notices something.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Norman and Eddie,you notice the police car says Gloucester City Police.
As the young man is walking towards you, he clearly has not seen the 2 bodies behind your group and the cars. He stops about 10 yards away "Good morning, I got a call for some gun fire out in these parts. Did you hear anything?" He pauses for a second taking in the odd assemblage of characters in front of him, "You weren't shooting out here were you?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “A Star on the Shore”