IC Ch 8: Off to Visit the Church

August 1921, Boston.
A dead guard at the abandoned chapel, a stolen statue revealing strange numbers and a burnt postcard. A strange night sighting by a Harvard professor only 2 days later has led to too many coincidences to ignore.
Dr. Chambers is forming another MAPS team, and you have been called.

Moderator: BenTheRat

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC Ch 8: Off to Visit the Church

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie nods in response to Alyssa. "Good plan," he hisses. "Quick, let's get everyone out of here." He ushers Alyssa and the rescued captives back towards the tunnel through which they had entered.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

As you unlock the last cage, you get the 3 prisoners out. The really crazy one starts yelling towards the pit. "HA, YOU'LL HAVE TO GET YOUR DINNER SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU FUCK!!"

You quickly usher everyone out into the tunnel.

You quickly make it back to the first ladder, passing the other dead Deep One along the way. One of the prisoners sees the ladder and sprints for it, "freedom", she says.
The small circular chamber has 2 other tunnels leading out of it.

OOC: You can climb this one or turn left or a slight right.

OOC: Also, I hope you have been enjoying the game. I wanted to let you all know I also have a board game on Kickstarter right now that is about to be funded. We are at 92% right now. It is a Dinosaur Pit Fighting game called Ultimate Dinosaur Fighting. The Kickstarter runs out tonight. So if you get a chance check it out here.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That goes up to a cave with access to the shore," says Eddie, "but I'm not sure if we should go out that way. People will see us. We can take these tunnels directly to the Colonel's house. I believe the way to the right leads back there eventually."
OOC,Yes, I'm enjoying the game! I looked at your board game, which looks neat, but if there aren't rules for playing solo, I probably wouldn't get a chance to play it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Handy,no it is definitely a 2+ player game. So it may not be for you. Glad you like it though. Thanks for looking at it. I got one I'm working with, that probably will be 1-5 players called [i]Quest for the Holy Grail[/i]. It is probably a year away from Kickstarter though. I have a whole line of things coming up including an AD&D module and this Module I'll be producing. Trying to get my game company off the ground.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard pockets his pistol before slowly climbing up the ladder in his weakened condition.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

"Mr. Rahl," calls Alyssa, "this way to the Colonel's house," pointing down the tunnel which Eddie indicated (although she is unsure of the way herself).

ooc,Yes, the game is good fun. Cool that you make games and are on Kickstarter. Battling dinosaurs are not my thing, but the Holy Grail one sounds interesting--Eldritch Horror without the Mythos would be great **speculating**. BTW, Airbornexo has a game coming out. Mythos Tales is Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective set in Arkham. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8thsummit/mythos-tales?ref=nav_search
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Richard is extremely weak, he cannot walk on his own. Much less climb a later. You notice there is no water dripping down from this ladder.
ooc,My game funded, so I'm really excited about that. Dino Fighting isn't for everyone. I love it. I have to play about 10 games in a row before I get tired of it. I have a couple smaller games coming out first. Inner Sanctum is a card game for 2-4 players, about joining a secret cult, and what you have to do to make it to the inner sanctum without having the most corruption. Then I am working on one called Kung-Fu Combo, a quick card game for 2 players where you are building combo sequences to defeat your opponet. Then I will get back to Quest for the Holy Grail. Its actually closer to Firefly, as you travel around cities, castles and ruins in England to accomplish tasks, building up your stats, etc. Then you go on a Grail Quest before you can go claim the Grail and win. And between them I'm producing a set of Engineering Dice (TM), An AD&D module for 1st, 2nd and 5th ed. called Island of the Ancients, and this CoC module called A Star on the Shore. I'm having a blast and have a full year's worth of work ahead of me. Getting Dino Fighting funded was a great first step in making all this happen.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Norman follows the others. He offers to support Richard in walking if he needs it.
Spoiler:
Congrats! This game is great, I'll definitely buy a copy when it comes out. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I backed Mythos Tales on the first day, and I'm looking forward to it. Firefly is awesome! Quest for the Holy Grail sounds great to me, and I'll be sure to back that one. Congratulations on funding Dino Fighting!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard barely able to stand nods his head in appreciation while accepting the help from Norman
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC:   Waiting on you guys to tell me what you are doing.  
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Well, I want to head down the tunnel to the right.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Eddie starts walking down the path to the right, also feeling extremely weak. He continues down and the corridor slopes down until you are ankle deep in the water again. As you approach the next ladder, water is dripping down from the ceiling. The corridor turns but continues.

You remember this was the ladder you climbed and the marks on the ladder confirm, this is the one that leads up to the ocean.

You turn and continue on down, hurrying now, for some unknown reason. You get the feeling something is following you.
A shadow flickers behind you, was that a splash noise.

You travel along way, you have to stop a few times to let Eddie and Richard rest. Each time, you feel a darkness and a presence coming, you pull out pistols, aiming them down the hall, but nothing ever seems to come. Then you are back to walking as fast as you can.

You come on another ladder. The corridor continues on or turns left.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think that one leads to the tomb in the cemetery," says Eddie. "Only something doesn't make sense. That one had tunnels going west and north, in addition to the one we came from. We took the north tunnel, so if we were under the cemetery, there'd be a tunnel to the right, not the left. Who has the compass?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Uh, not me," replies Alyssa unhelpfully. That she desperately desires a hot drink is an understatement. "It feels like we are being followed. Oh, Eddie, where do we head now? I hoped to spot the secret door to the Colonel's basement."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm keeping an eye out for that too, Alyssa," says Eddie, "but I don't think we've gotten far enough to reach it yet. If this is where I think it is, we should go straight ahead, but that tunnel's facing the wrong direction. Maybe someone could take a look up that ladder to confirm whether or not it goes to the tomb. We can also look around for signs that the colonel went this way, plus our own tracks from when we were going in the opposite direction."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Richard, breathing heavily looks around but clearly has no idea of where the group is in relationship to the town above.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"I'm still in good shape," says Alyssa, "although I must look a fright!" she adds sadly. "Let me pop up the ladder and take a looksee?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're still beautiful, Alyssa," Eddie reassures her. "Nothing could change that. I can't be sure what's up that ladder, and it might be dangerous. Maybe I should be the one to have a look."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Okay, you go, and--er--thanks," says Alyssa.

Return to “A Star on the Shore”