[Scene I] Barely time for a drink...

Loindon 1924....A grisly killing in the East of the majestic, sprawling bulk that is London sends out investigators in the pursuit of a mysterious manuscript, a troubling revelation about the origins of the world and piecing together the derranged rantings of a 19th century English poet. Truly there were some things that man was not meant to know...

Moderator: Airbornexo

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: [Scene I] Barely time for a drink...

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"...good thing the flatmate is smaller, that rules out him as the assailant."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

"Ah, yes!--the Slaughterhouse case. It's how you got your nickname isn't it--'Gory'?"

"I, for one, don't wish to meet-up with Mr. Night-time," says Felix to himself.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

"What brings you to that conclusion, Mr Grimes?"

Following Felix's outburst, Millicent looks towards him, "The 'Slaughterhouse Case', I presume that is a tale worth hearing"
Millicent thinking:   'Gory' Grimes. Excellent, more grist for the mill or ideas for my next book. I do think this time I'm on to a winer at last.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"The doc's expert survey suggested the assailant was both stronger and taller than the lad." Grimes comments. "The time, I suggest seems probable. A late cup of coffee turns to a ramble followed by an assault and violent ending in a beastly killing. Lovers' quarrel?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amanda picks up her coat and puts it back on. "Are you up to coming with us, Mrs. Pelletoot?" she asks. "If not, I'm sure the detective can ask you questions later, and the other police will still be here. Will you be all right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Following Felix's outburst, Millicent looks towards him, "The 'Slaughterhouse Case', I presume that is a tale worth hearing"
"Detective Grimes is the one to tell you; fortunately I know little about it."

"A 'Lovers quarrel,' " repeats Felix, "now that, Ms. Broadacre, would make for a controversial best seller--men in love and a gruesome murder," he doesn't enjoy salacious details, but is aware of what the public feed upon.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

All Investigators,[ooc]A word on Drives: To keep the team together and keep things moving forward I'm going to suggest the following drivers to investigating Hector Hornley's demise... -- Grimes - Aside from the fact it is his job, his revenge drive pushes him to adopt unorthodox methods of investigation. We have already seen him allow the other investigators to assist. He recognises his limitations and is prepare to have the others tag along to get the job done quickly. -- Felix - Curiosity has already gotten to him and he is determined to follow this case until it is solved, helping out where he can. He is also curious about a potential partnership with Millicent his pictures and her prose might make a bestseller! -- Millicent - Arrogance has her believing that this is going to be the story that will be her big break. She's not unhappy about sharing the limelight with Felix as it will lead to better things. She also believes she can be just as good a investigator as Grimes. -- Sam - He is Grime's friend and is more than happy just to tag along with him for tonight at least. Waiting in the wings. The link to the old burned book has already peaked his interest in the case though. -- Amanda - Perhaps is the hardest to fit. She is being brought along because she needs to give her statement in the car primarily. Her sensitivity has perhaps given her the desire to give Mrs. Pelletoot the answers she deserves - she will look to follow up on the room-mate lead as soon as possible. Does that sound okay? Let me know if your unhappy with any of the above...meanwhile to Grime's motor.[/ooc]

The large Ford Model Y was parked perfectly at the curb outside the Strand apartment. Grimes opened the door for the ladies to sit in the back. It was surprising clean inside and Amanda could have sworn that she spotted Grimes wipe a smudge from the shiny black paint job with his handkerchief.

The story continues...here...

Return to “The Primer”