Scene Three. The Maritime East Shipping Agents

The disappearance of a New York socialite might, on an ordinary day, simply become the subject of gossip column nattering and speculation.
This, though, is no ordinary day. Veronica Chadwick’s disappearance is but a single link in a chain of events that envelops the investigators in a web of terror and madness that might end with their deaths – or might never end at all…

Moderator: Priest

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: Scene Three. The Maritime East Shipping Agents

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
"We could ask Ms. Chadwick, but I'm not so sure planes are safe. I've heard of a lot of people dying on them. My thought on the telegram would be to use some of the language she used in her letters, how the world is dark, and I have glimpsed the false reality mumbo-jumbo, and say I still need a guide into this new world and I'm following her path." Ted takes a small bite and swallows, "You know play into the delusion and reach her that way. It may cause her to slow down to wait, she maybe delusional, but she maybe looking for someone to make this new journey with, in my experience, crazy people seem to congregate. And worse it can do is waste a bit of coin, I figure it can't hurt."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

OOC:   Taking the liberty of replying for Paul Wellington, as he has been asked a question that Dr V won't have the answer to  
Paul looks up at Ted's question, "She should have landed several days ago the trip from here to Naushau taking about seven days, less if the weather in the Pacific was kind".
The day is drawing to a close, it is a long journey home. However there is a small, comfortable looking hotel quite close to where you are.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by DrVendetta »

OOC:   Thanks for answering Priest as you were correct I would have had no idea ;)  

Paul ask "What letters are you talking about? Do you have them so I could read them over, and there is something not normal if she had just recently learned how to speak Japanese to be able to speak Japanse the way she did when she was in the office."
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman: Make the arrangements immediately for us then Mr Krugman. Yes we shall go by air. It may be a matter of life or death. I shall now join my colleagues who are taking dinner next door. We shall return in about an hour to see what progress you have made. He goes to Luigi's to find the others, and attempt to catch up on their conversation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, then we don't lose anything by sending the telegram," says Tony, "except to alert her that someone's coming after her. But I think it's worth the risk. The only letter we've seen is the one she sent to Mrs. Chadwick," he tells Paul. "We can show it to you. Who's carrying it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
"I didn't get it. but if she has been there a week, I doubt it will do any good. I wasn't sure how fast the boats were, obviously very. So she is probably deep into the forest already. " Finishing up his pasta Ted looks for a phone in the diner.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Is it a good idea to send her a message? If she wanted to cut her ties, warning her we are coming may be a bad idea.
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Bridget chimes in.

"The tone of her note to her aunt doesn't really give me the feeling that we'll be warmly received. If anything, it might make our task more difficult if she realizes someone's actively looking for her."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
"Agreed, If we could have caught her at the port, I think it was worth while, but now... I doubt it would be worth it."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Paul politely ask again "Does someone have a copy of this letter or note that I could read?"
OOC:   Priest, if you can confirm that someone has it and let me know where I can look it up I will go look it up and read it but I do not want to read the other threads as my character was not a part of them. Just let me know.  
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr Creedy, and ideas are Bulletproof"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

OOC:   I don't think anyone has the letter, as far as I remember it was simply shown to those at the party. I would imagine that one of you would have noted down the content in case there was need of it in the future.

Ben: According to the scenario it is a five day voyage across the Pacific, add two days for travel from Arkham to SF, and probably one to Naushau. I dont know if those times sound right, but what the heck :D  
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mrs. Chadwick still has the original letter that Veronica sent her," says Tony, "but she did show it to us and let us write down the contents."
OOC,You can find the letter in [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?p=161262#p161262]this post[/url].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Paul listens closely to the reapting of what the letter said and ask "What was enclosed with the letter? 'all of the things that matter not at all' as she stated."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That must've gone right over my head," says Tony. "I guess I thought that was her crazy way of saying she wasn't enclosing anything, but maybe there was something in there. We'll have to ask Mrs. Chadwick if there was anything else with the letter."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

"You are probably right Tony, I am not sure but do think that we need to ask" replys Paul
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman, rereads the letter: Hmm. "The dreamer"? It sounds quite... existential
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Outside of the restaraunt street lights are beginning to light announcing the coming of dark. One of Luigi's waiters, Bepe, crosses to your table, and enquires if the food has been satisfactory. He says nothing but you get the feeling it would be apreciated if you were to leave the restaraunt so that he and the other waiter could begin getting ready for the evening rush.

As said earlier there is a small but comfortable looking hotel a few hundred yards down the road. The neon sign ouside announces 'vacancies'.
I have assumed that you are all taking rooms.
Ted Nelson (Ben),PLease make an[b] Idea roll[/b]
- Anais Nin
DrVendetta
Adept
Adept

Post by DrVendetta »

Priest,I am assuming I already have a place to stay since I am assuming that I live here since I work here. Let me know if I would be wrong on that. Also I may know of a few local places to possibly recomend to the others if they are from out of town. Please let me know.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Dr Vendetta,Okay you are set and you will know of suitable accomodation. Now,please roll [b]Idea[/b]
- Anais Nin
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Bridget downs the remainder of her now-lukewarm coffee and begins to gather her things.

"Gentlemen," she announces, suddenly weary despite the strongly brewed coffee. "It's getting late. I suggest we find some accommodations and get settled in. If needs be, we could reconvene this evening?"

She stifles a yawn.

"Or perhaps tomorrow morning."
Last edited by jbibblesworth on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “A Dream of Japan”