Scene One, The Party At Chadwick Manor

The disappearance of a New York socialite might, on an ordinary day, simply become the subject of gossip column nattering and speculation.
This, though, is no ordinary day. Veronica Chadwick’s disappearance is but a single link in a chain of events that envelops the investigators in a web of terror and madness that might end with their deaths – or might never end at all…

Moderator: Priest

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: Scene One, The Party At Chadwick Manor

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
Ted checks the inscription to see what was written, then hearing the commotion, "What the hell happened out there?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Professor Krugman (Pat),There is no reply, just looks which seem to vary from a mild interest to a scrutiny that one would reserve for a microscope subject. As you look around you in mock suprise[b] Nelson Myers[/b] approaches with a concerned look on his face, [color=#0040FF]"Oh dear that could have gone better I think"[/color] he sips from his tea cup before adding, [color=#0040FF]"I think you just killed the party"[/color]...
Ted Nelson (Ben) and those still in the library,
The inscription reads simply, “To my little Ronnie Mouse: all the best, Eddie.”
The sudden commotion in the ballroom is followed by a strangled silence, even the band has come to a crashing halt. It seems the saints are no longer marching in.
The silence is abruptly broken by muffled voices. You just manage to catch someone saying.
"I think you just killed the party"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tony heads out into the hall and back towards the ballroom to see what the commotion is.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by PatGrillo »

Professor Krugman returns to the others: Well... Japanese monsters are definitely the key here. The young man's reaction was NOT that of one who has been reading children's stories. I suspect that the young woman has become interested in whatever he became involved with, and that she in in danger of becoming just like him - Raving Mad!!!
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

It seems from the subdued noise in the ballroom, that the party is over. The band, instruments still in hand, look around in a confused manner as if waiting for instructions. Eventually the leader, Duke Ellington, closes his piano and with a shake of the head begins to help his band to pack away their instruments.
People get their coats and take their leave. Of Mrs Chadwick and her nephew there is no sign, it seems it is left to Myers to say the farewells.
Eventualy the only remaining guests are the six of you. Myers, standing in the doorway of the house, nods a goodnight,
"The car will be waiting for you in the morning, Tony,"
As he politely ushers you out of the house he adds, "Good luck with your search. I hope you find her and bring her quickly home. Oh and do try and bring the car back in one piece" he makes no indication, but it is obvious who the final sentence is intended for.
OOC:   The story continues in Scene two - Veronica's flat viewtopic.php?f=306&t=5143. However I shall leave this part open for a while so that any further questions to Nelson Myers can be dealt with  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Ted Nelson
"Great, this got off to a swimming start. What the hell is this guy thinking??" Ted murmurs to himself.
Ted begins to clap slow and loud after the professor's proclamation. "Well, looks like Sherlock here has solved the mystery with a one sentence inscription in a book she didn't bother take with her and a scream from someone straight out of the asylum." The sarcasm is pretty thick and obvious. "We might as well skip any real investigative work and buy tickets to Tokyo." Looking over at Myers, "Not sure we will be needing the car, just a cab ride to the airport. Professor Holmes has solved the case."
Then in a more serious voice looking at Krugman, "What the hell did you expect? He probably just screamed at your ..." And he trails off shaking his head, obviously upset at what the professor did.
"Myers, please thank Mrs. Chadwick for a lovely evening and our apologies for the" Ted pauses for a second, "abrupt ending."
Ted puts on his jacket and hat to leave. As he goes, he looks back one more time at Myers. "Good night sir, and don't worry, I'll bring her home."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “A Dream of Japan”