Page 1 of 1

Scene Seven: Aokigahara Forest

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:58 pm
by Priest
Scene Seven: Aokigahara Forest

Re: Scene Seven: Aokigahara Forest

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:06 pm
by kabukiman
-Well, it seems we can only do one think: follow that path. After you Mr Proby- says Francis, not very happy with the prospect of walking in a forest.

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, we'll have to hoof it from here on out," says Tony. "Let's go."

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:11 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted makes sure they have snacks and water and a compass. "Well, ready when you are."

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:24 pm
by Priest
Before you stretches the path appearing and disapearing within the shadows of the forest. Proby pulls an old bady patched napsack from the back of the truck and puts it on, "Shall we?" he waits for you to lead the way.
OOC:   Everyone please make San Rolls (0/1d3)
Ben,make a Spot Hidden

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:05 pm
by BenTheRat
my rolls,Sanity [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden [dice]1[/dice]
results,Failed Sanity [dice]2[/dice] And did notice something interesting. Depending on what it is, I may not share it.

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:07 pm
by Mr. Handy

Tony suppresses his fears and starts hiking down tte path into the forest.

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:20 pm
by jbibblesworth
Spoiler:
1d100 → [87] = (87) Failed
1d3 → [3] = (3) -3 SAN

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:31 am
by DrVendetta
Pauls rolls,[dice]0[/dice] a failure so here is the sanity loss [dice]1[/dice]
Paul clearly looks intimidated by the forest and clearly is not going to be the first one to go down the path.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 am
by kabukiman

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:22 am
by Priest
Ben,As Proby had lifted the napsack on to his back you noticed a pistol pushed into his waistband at the back.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:18 pm
by PatGrillo
1d100=42 Professor Krugman admires the exotic flora of this curious place.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:56 pm
by Priest
As you enter the first of the shadowed areas it is almost as if you had crossed a physical barrier, at least for some of you it is. Bridgett seems quite overcome and almost collapses to the dirt path. She feels as if a shadow had touched her, a mixed feeling of dread and anticipation runs cold shivers up and down her spine.
For the rest of you however, despite the odd uncomfortable feeling, it seems a pleasant day for a stroll.

At first there are the odd sounds of birds and animals within the ever thickening forest, but with distance and time these vanish. Leaving you in an oppressive sea of greenery so thick as to even preclude the breeze that had been blowing earlier

Around you the ever thickening foliage grows quieter and quieter, even your voices sound flat without the ability to carry more than a few feet.

Ahead of you Proby presses on seemingly unafeccted by his surroundings.
Ben,some distance to your right you can see a figure moving. Dressed all in white it seems to be crawling through the air towards you. Before you have a chance to alert the others it is gone.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Miss Barrett, are you all right?" asks Tony, concerned.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
"Did you see that?" to know one in particular. "either there is someone else in here with us, or a ghost is following us."

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:28 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul helps steady Bridget, and says "It is deffinitly intimidating in here but just think about what it most be like for a young girl by herself, that is what I keep telling myself to force myself on"
Paul looks in the direction that Ted is looking as Ted makes the comment about seeing something.

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:51 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
"Well from what we've found out so far, I don't think she's alone.." Ted tries to joke, but it falls flat in the wood.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:25 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul looks to whatever Ted seems to be looking at trying to understand why he dosent think that she was alone, or what clues have made him think that.

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:14 am
by kabukiman
Francis look to see if there is really anyone spying them.

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:53 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget offers Paul and Tony a wan smile and she attempts to collect herself.

"I...I..." she stammers, the blood rushing to her face. "..erm...yes. I think I'm alright. There's something quite terrible about this place. Don't you agree?"

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm
by Priest
Bridget seems to spoken aloud what several of you have felt. There is something deeply depressing and overpowering about this forest, something that speaks to the depths of your minds about sadness and despair.
And the further into the shadowy woods you go the deeper it feels.
Suddenly you hear a strange melodious tune, both beautiful in its simplicity and frightening in its intensity. It lingers but a moment then it is gone and the forest returns to its oppressive silence. Now devoid of even the smallest birdsong to lighten your mood.

Then you round another bend, one of so many that you had lost count, to find a small campsite in the midst of which sits, on a small folding stool, a gentleman. He is caucasian with greying hair and a small goatee beard. On his lap, open, is a book, while with one eye fixed to a tripod mounted telescope, he studdies the forest ahead.
At your approach he turns and waves at you, in a most friendly manner.

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget, still shaken by her episode earlier, can process little more than a suffocating sense of dread as she catches sight of the man. The edges of her vision begin to bleed with tears and her throat grows hot and tight. She clings to Paul's arm tightly and now presses her face into the crook of his shoulder.

"This was a mistake." she hisses urgently, though more to herself than her companions. "We shouldn't be here...we shouldn't be here at all!"

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:02 am
by DrVendetta
Paul keeps his eyes on the man in the campsite while softly speaking to Bridget with a firm confident voice "Just rember why you are her Bridget, think about how bad you feel right now and try to imagine how horrible it must be for poor young Veronica out here by herself, she needs us to find her"

Paul glances around at the campsite and its out skirts as they continue to walk towards the gentleman who appears to be waving them into his camp and then ask "Do you know this guy Pryby?"

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we have to find Victoria," says Tony. "She doesn't belong here either." He takes a step forward and waves back at the man. "Do you speak English?" he asks.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 am
by kabukiman
Francis greet the stranger.
-Good morning,

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:51 pm
by jbibblesworth
Still clutching Paul's arm tightly, Bridget nods uncertainly at his reassurances. While his words inspire little confidence as to their purpose for being here, they do manage to calm her down to the extent that she can more objectively examine the odd man waving in their direction.
Spoiler:
SPOT HIDDEN - 45% - 1d100 → [52] = (52) FAIL
She doesn't notice anything particularly extraordinary about the bookish figure before them.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 pm
by Priest
Previously Tony said:   "Do you know this guy Proby?"  
Tony's question gets a head shake reply from the Australian, "No never seen him before"

In response to Francis's greeting the stranger closes his book and stands up, "Guten Tag"
Again at Tony's question the stranger responds, "Ja I speak good english, My name is Hans...Hans Fricke...I am studying the birds of this locality"

From the way his gaze keeps swithching from book to telescope it is obvious that he wishes to return to his study, and sees your precense as an irritation.

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:51 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget presses her eyes shut tightly enough to watch miniature white stars blossom before them. She consciously slows her breathing to a steady, even pace.

'Calm down Bridget. Calm down. You've been through worse than this. It's just a stupid forest. Nothing else. Everything's fine. Everything's jake!'

When her eyes open once more she wears a plastered on smile that doesn't quite make it's way to her eyes.

"Good afternoon sir." she says, finally releasing her deathgrip on Paul's unfortunate arm. "Sorry to disturb you. By chance have you seen a young woman pass by this way recently?"

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:46 am
by DrVendetta
Paul looks in the direction that the telescope is pointed trying to see any birds in that direction. Thinking to himself that it has been awful quiet in this forest for many birds to be around.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy

Tony takes out the photograph of Veronica and shows it to Hans. "I'm Tony Esposito," he says. "Nice to meetcha. She may not be the sort of bird you're interested in, and she's not from around here, but she means a lot to us and she's gone missing."

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:55 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
He felt it too, the forest, just unnatural. He had walked quietly along with the group, fearing to look around too much, in case another visitor came to him.
Was this person even real? "Good afternoon to you to," he replied. Ted follows the telescope trajectory with his eyes to see what the German is looking at?
Spot Hidden,just in case, [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:49 pm
by Priest
Hans peers at the photograph and shakes his head, "Nein, I have not seen her, in fact I have not seen anyone until you came along. Now if you will forgive me I need to get back to my research"

Whatever he had been looking at through the telescope is not apparent, as nothing can be seen other than trees, bushes, and shadows.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:55 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget takes a tentative step towards the teutonic birdwatcher and raises an imploring finger.

"I beg your pardon Herr Fricke, one more question if I could." she starts before glancing around suspiciously at the forest. "During your study here, have you noticed anything...unusual...about the forest?"

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, thank you for your time," says Tony, prepared to leave as soon as Bridget is ready.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 am
by DrVendetta
Paul smiles at the directness of Bridgets approach with the old man.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:06 pm
by kabukiman
Francis is looking to the trail, preparing to resume the trip.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:44 pm
by Priest
Previously Bridgett said:   "During your study here, have you noticed anything...unusual...about the forest?"  
Fricke stares at her for a moment, before shaking his head and returning to his telescope, "No, nothing. Now if you will excuse me you are scaring away the birds"

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:52 pm
by jbibblesworth
As Fricke returns to his studies Bridget lets her gaze linger on him for a moment before returning to join the rest of the group.

"I don't think he's going to be any more forthcoming." she confesses, "I suppose the best thing is for us to continue on."

With that, she falls in line behind Axelby..

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted nods and continues on. After we are out of ear shot, "I don't think our German friend was playing with a full deck there. I think this forest can do very funny things to people."

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:03 am
by DrVendetta
Paul looks down into the gentlemans book as they all start leaving his camp to try to see what is in the book, still not believe the man is there to study birds.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy

"What does that say about us?" asks Tony with a nervous laugh. "All right, let's keep going."

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:07 am
by kabukiman
-He is looking for birds, we are looking for a person, others came to kill themselve.What a curious forest!

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:56 pm
by jbibblesworth
"Yeah." Bridget agrees as they meander down the trail, "Sort of makes you wonder who's really more bird-brained. Him or us?"

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:14 pm
by Priest
For what seems like hours you wander on through the forest amidst the bushes and the shadows, however a glance at you watch tells you that bare minutes have passed since your meeting with Fricke. A look back down the path shows no indication to his presence.
Paul Wellington,You feel yourself snapping awake, as if you were in a dream. Everything about the world is startling – you do not recognize where you are in the forest. While you were walking along just fine a moment ago, you now feel suddenly exhausted. You are also dehydrated and very hungry. Aware of the lengthening shadows, you glance at your watch 3:30 in the afternoon.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:27 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget feels momentarily lightheaded as time seems to warp in this strange wooded sanctum. Shaking her head clear as best she can, she glances backwards down the path, towards where Fricke had stood.

"Hey fellas," she says, "where'd Fricke go?"

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:13 am
by DrVendetta
Paul suddenly looks distressed, he reaches into his back pack and pulls out a water canteen and takes a long drink. He continues to look nervously around the forest "Where the hell are we?" he looks around for Prby "Wheres Pryby?"

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe they didn't go anywhere," says Tony, worried now. "Maybe we did. It feels like we've been walking for hours. Did our watches stop?" He checks his to see if it's still ticking.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:03 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul fights the paranoia trying take over him and checks his watch to see if it is working.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:33 am
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
"Calm down Paul, I'm sure the German is right around the corner where we left him, what are you going on about Pryby for?" Ted asks.

I'm assuming Pryby is still there, you haven't said he is not.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:01 am
by kabukiman
-Let's eat and refresh us all. This will help to ghet our minds clearer.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:36 pm
by Priest
At Paul's query about the whereabouts of Proby, everyone looks around. Proby is nowhere to be seen. No one has any idea as to where he may have gone, no one recalls seeing him lately. Maybe he was there a few minutes back, maybe not. He was definately there when the German was encountered but how long ago was that? A few minutes, an hour, several hours?

Looking at your watches provides a variety of times and inn the case of Paul it seems his watch has stopped, although he distincly remebers it was working the last time he looked at it around eleven this morning.

One thing you are all certain of is that the deepening shadows announce the swift arrival of evening. Soon it will be dark, and Francis' suggestion about food might not be a bad idea.
Tony,Suddenly your head feels as if it's obout to explode, lights flash in front of your eyes and a fierce stabbing pain centres at the base of your skull. You feel nauseous, your legs suddenly feel weak. You feel incapable of anything more that sitting or lying down...

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:09 pm
by DrVendetta
"Where the hell did Prby go? I was just in kind of a blurr with all the trudging around out here in these woods and when I looked up he wasnt here any more." Paul ask still looking around for him, he starts to look back the way that they had came trying to see if it will be easy to retrace there steps back to the entrance of the forest.

"When was the last time any of you saw him? I remember seeing him leading us out of the old Germans camp but can't remember him after that" Paul sets his backpack down and starts to pull out some food.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:04 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget nods along with Paul's recounting of their errant guide's whereabouts.

"I haven't seen him since we ran across Fricke either." she concludes, rubbing her temples worriedly. "Perhaps we should consider heading back. We're bound to get lost out here without him."

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:21 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
"So old Proby leads people out into the forest, gets them good and lost and then abandons them, and splits the money off the luggage left behind at the inn. Sounds like we fell into the trap. I would imagine our target fell into the same trap." Ted looks around the small clearing we are in. "I think it is getting too dark to make it out. What I think we need to do is not panic. Let's make a campfire, have something to eat and tomorrow backtrack our way out of here. We weren't covering our tracks, they should be pretty easy to follow."

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy

Tony suddenly sits down on the ground, clutching his head and groaning in pain.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am
by kabukiman
-And old trick but clever. This explains a lot.We shoulkd be careful this nigth, to avoid any nasty surprise in our sleep...

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:40 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget rushes to Tony's side and slips an arm over his shoulder.

"Tony!" she says, "Are you alright? What's the matter?"

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Tony is in such agony that he can do no more than hold his head.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:51 am
by DrVendetta
Paul watching what is going on with Tony ask "Has he ever done this before? Does he have some kind of condition?"

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:18 am
by Priest
Tony groans with obvious pain. In the fading light you can see him gritting his teeth rythmicaly as if in response to waves of pain.

As you rush to help him Please make Spot Hidden Rolls.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:08 pm
by jbibblesworth
As Bridget does her best to tend to the ailing Tony, something unusual catches her eye.
Spoiler:
SPOT HIDDEN - 50% - 1d100 → [13] = (13) SUCCESS

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:59 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul notices something out of the corner of his eye and turns to take a closer look.
spot hidden check,roll = [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm
by Priest
Both Bridget and Paul notice at the same time something white that gleams faintly luminescent in the fading sunlight.
Half hidden within the roots of an ancient tree, partialy covered by moss and undergrowth is the ominous shape of a human skull.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
Ted lets the others tend to Tony. "Lets get a fire going before dark." he gathers up some small limbs and underbrush as well as a couple larger pieces.

He then goes about making the fire.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:13 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget's eyes lock onto the object and she slowly rises from Tony's side. Tentatively she steps towards the massive tree, her eyes wide and wondering.

"Guys..." she nearly whispers. "...is that a...human skull?"

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:42 am
by kabukiman

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:11 am
by DrVendetta
"I not sure what it is Bridget" says Paul as he kneels down and starts to unearth the object

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:48 am
by Priest
Paul slowly clears the moss and undergrowth from the object, revealing, to a everyone' s horror, a human skull and a collection of neatly piled bones. Erosion to the part of the skull that had been uncovered shows that whoever the bones had belonged too had departed this earth long ago.

As the bones are reveled each of you feels an icy shiver run down your spines, and a feeling of despair and fear washes over you. With it comes an ominous feeling of being watched from the deepening shadows...

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:38 pm
by kabukiman
-Let's bury it quick and make a campfire- says Francis trying to be more brave than he feel.

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:02 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget watches the excavation with a looming sense of dread. Shaken and trembling she returns to Tony's side.

"How're you feeling?" she inquired. "Any better?"

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

All Tony can do is groan.

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 am
by DrVendetta
Paul inspects the bones to see if there is any indication of how the person died.

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:40 am
by PatGrillo
Professor Krugman: This isn't good, not good at all! First a German. We should have finished the job there in 1918! Then the Australian goes missing. I thought they were good chaps, coarse, but good in a crisis. And now this, the headache and... a murder victim perhaps?

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:03 am
by Priest
Tony,As quickly as it came the searing headache is gone, leaving no ill effects other than exhaustion and a desire to sleep.
As Francis begins to gather sticks together to build a fire. Paul inspects the bones carefully but can find no obvious signs of death.
Following Francis' urging Paul attempts to dig a hole for the bones. However the soil proves volcanic and so hard that after several minutes of digging he has barely made an impression on the ground, and all he has to show for his effort is sweat and exhaustion.

With a fire burning and holding the shadows at bay, Bridget begins to feel a little less nervous about the forest. Food is prepared, although it seems none of you feel that hungry just very tired, unnaturaly so.

Before long the last of you has succumbed to sleep, no matter how hard you fight it. And that's when the dream comes;

In your dream you are wandering down the path through a stretch of trees. The forest is so dense here that it seems you walk through a tunnel, getting smaller and smaller as you go forward.

Walking down the path towards you is Regina Chadwick. She holds her arms out to you and silently mouths the word “help.” Suddenly, two ghostly hands appear at her shoulders and seem to fling her away from you. She tumbles over and over as if in freefall, and then disappears.

Now hovering in the air before you is an apparition, the translucent form of a woman in the traditional garb of a geisha, her elegant hair flowing loose in the air as if blown by an unfelt wind. As you look into her face you see her eyes are the empty sockets of a skull and her mouth opens to reveal that her teeth are razor-sharp tusks. She screams, and her scream is so loud that it could end the world.

At this point you all awake (Please roll San +10% 1/1d3) and in the greying light of dawn you note that somehow the forest looks different, you feel disorientated.

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:26 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
Ted awakes with a jerk. "Crap, I must have dozed off while keeping watch." He says to know one in particular. He looks around to make sure everyone is there and okay.

OOC: Sorry
Sanity,[dice]0[/dice]
fail,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:14 pm
by Priest
Ted,I need that san roll.

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:25 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul shakes his head trying to clear the disoreintation that he has awaken to. He looks over to where the skull and bones where left slightly covered with mear dust and leaves since he could not dig through the hard rock floor of the forest.

He also looks back towards the path the walked down to get into this clearing to try to regain his bearings.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Tony is feeling much better now that he has had some sleep. Even the nightmare didn't freak him out too badly.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 am
by kabukiman
Francis has a good nigth of sleep and awakes much better.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4679147/

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:50 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget bolts upright as the nightmare fades away, finding herself once more in the temporal world and deep in the forest's bosom. The dream, as horrific as it seemed, leaves little lasting impression upon her.

She stands rubbing her temples and mutters some brief good morning salutations to the others. Then, somewhat bashfully, she sneaks off through some of the underbrush to handle some 'personal business'.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:53 pm
by kabukiman
-Do not go far- says Francis- this is not a good place to get lost.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:56 pm
by jbibblesworth
Francis's comment turns Bridget a deep shade of crimson as she had hoped to momentarily sneak off undetected by the others.

"Erm...right." she manages, disappearing behind a nearby elm.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:30 pm
by Priest
Bridget,Oh dear have you not picked a good time to go. Managing to place several of the tall trees and bushes between yourself and your fellow travellers, you are about to find relief when you notice odd patches of colour amongst the undergrowth a few yards further in. Looking closer you see that the colours are parts of clothing that adorns three bodies, two male and one female, all adult and all dead.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:36 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget's peels off a terrified shriek that rises above the forest's canopy as she bolts back towards the group's makeshift campsite.

"T..the...there's three d..dead bodies...i...in the forest!" she stammers, pointing wildly towards the treeline.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:05 am
by PatGrillo
The professor awakes looking as pale as the ghost of which he just dreamed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4679964/ (Fail San 80) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4679970/ (3 points San)

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:58 am
by DrVendetta
Priest,sorry forgot my sanity rolls here it is [dice]0[/dice] so this is a pass so i guess I lose another point of sanity if I have this correct?
Paul starts to move in the direction of Brigets scream

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:02 am
by kabukiman
Francis goes running to the screams.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:35 am
by Priest
Running to where Bridget stands, hand in mouth face cosiderably paler than before her sojourn into the forest, you see three bodies two adult males and one adult female. From their clothing it would seem they are all westerners, and have been dead for several weeks.

One of the men, the smaller and younger of the two, has a pistol gripped in his hand. From the positioning of the bodies it would seem that he, the one with the pistol, shot his two companions and wandered off a few paces before turning the pistol on himself.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:54 am
by kabukiman
Francis is horrified but then reacts.
-Didn't the guy at the hotel said that they had been people some weeks ago that come? It seems we found them. And those ones weren't killed by the australian! And it seems we have now a gun...

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:01 pm
by jbibblesworth
"Can we PLEASE head back towards the village now?" Bridget implores. "This is insanity!"

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:14 pm
by kabukiman
-That's silly-says Francis- if we go back we will loose more time to find Miss Chadwick. And besides, we haven't found a real threat. We are getting nervous because this forest is a depressing place with all those bodies and the dreams are making things worst, but we haven't found true danger. Of course, as soon as I find that australian, I will give him a lesson or two...

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul starts to look through the bodies for some type of identification or passport.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 pm
by PatGrillo
Professor Krugman with grim determination, assists in the search of the bodies.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Tony hurries over when Bridget shrieks."I agree, we can't leave until we've found Veronica," he says. "Besides, how would we find our way out?" He joins in the search, paying particular attention to the gun.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:10 pm
by Priest
Tony makes a beeline for the pistol, a Luger PO8 9mm, cursing with disapointment as the magazine proves empty. However during the subsequent search of the bodies, the following items are found.
In one of the younger man's pockets are six loose 9mm rounds. In a hip pocket will be found a small notebook dense with what looks like notes written in a personally coded shorthand, on one of the pages will be found a hand-sketched map of the Aokigahara.
There are handwritten notes all over the map, including one with a point designated as “The Cave of Wind.” The map shows the exact map reference location of the cave.

The woman’s body has the smashed case with a nonfunctioning camera still inside it hanging on a strap over her shoulder, a set of expensive magnifying lenses now all cracked or destroyed outright, a stiletto in a belt scabbard, and a silver crucifix on a chain around her neck. The stiletto is in excellent condition and does 1D4+1 damage.

The other man is older and has no equipment save his apparel and a piece of parchment carefully folded inside an envelope of wax paper. The parchment seems extremely old and has a sketch of five seemingly regular pillars standing in a forest clearing. Underneath is a series of words that are seemingly nonsense written in English.

None of the bodies has any identification on them, and the female, although of an age and western appearance is not Veronica Chadwick.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:33 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget watches as her companions rifle through the corpses belongings, noting each finding with a growing sense of curiosity. As the shock of stumbling across the bodies begins to wane, she finds her investigative nature beginning to rise to the surface once more.

"Professor, do think I could take a peek at that notebook you've found?" she inquires.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:13 am
by DrVendetta
Paul starts going over the map trying to figure out where he currently is on the map.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am
by Priest
Paul,Make an Intelligence x3 roll.

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:48 am
by kabukiman
Francis takes the parchement to see what it says.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:21 am
by DrVendetta
Paul starts studing the map looking at landmarks around their position and looking back at the map and back up for other landmarks.
The frustration on his face clearly shows that he is having no luck trying to figure out the groups current location on the map.
Priest,Int 13 x 3 = 39 roll = [dice]0[/dice] so I believe this is a failure
Eventualy he gives up on the map and says "Does anyone else want to see if they can figure out where we are on this map I cant figure it out?" as he looks around at the others he notices Tony loading the pistol, athought occurs to him as he looks down at the bodies and then back to the Tony with the gun again.

"Hey Tony that gun holds six bullets dosent it? How many bullet wounds are in the three bodies?"

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

"I believe it holds eight, actually," says Tony as he picks up the pistol and the loose rounds, pushing them one by one into the empty magazine. "Plus the possibility of another in the chamber. It's a Luger P08, an automatic pistol carried by German officers in the war." He counts the bullet wounds in the three bodies. "It looks like this one shot the other two and then himself, but he probably didn't hit with every shot. He just emptied the magazine." When he is finished, he takes a look at the map.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:36 am
by DrVendetta
After handing the map to Tony to look over Paul starts searching the ground for spent shell casings to see how many he finds.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:52 pm
by Priest
Tony,please make an Inteligence x3 roll to try and orientate the map.
Francis,the letters, although English, make no sense.
Paul,you find three shell casings two where you imagine the first shots were fired and the third near the body that had held the gun. If the magazine was fully loaded with eight shots there is no evidence of them having been fired here.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:09 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget watches the other inspect the crime scene. Not overly eager to approach the bodies, she saddles up to Frances side and examines the parchment he stands looking over in his hand.

"Looks like a bunch of nonsense..." she surmises, trying to wrap her brain around the bizarre wording of the script.
Spoiler:
IDEA - 80% - 1d100 → [50] = (50) SUCCESS

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:16 pm
by Priest
Bridget,Hmm, maybe Paul might be able to make something out of it.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:19 pm
by jbibblesworth
Try as she might, Bridget is unable to make heads or tails of the writing.

"Paul," she calls, hoping perhaps his proficiency in linguistics will provide him whatever insight is eluding her. "can you make anything of this writing?"

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:39 pm
by kabukiman
Francis smiles. The group is improving it's mood for the first time since they entered the forest.
-That group came with some purpose to this place, but they were probably insane. And notice that nobody has stolen anything: it means hardly anyone came here, so we won't probably find any danger. But we should resume our trip anyway.

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:31 am
by BenTheRat
Ted Nelson
Ted having finished his own personal business watches from the edge while the others look around.
"I'll take a look at the map if no one else can make heads or tails of it. And may I suggest we separate the magazine from the gun. Have 2 people carry them to prevent something of the same sort happening."

OOC: sorry been so busy been tough to keep my own game going. Caught up now.

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:44 am
by DrVendetta
Paul gets up from his search for the spent shell casings and walks over towards Bridget.
As he is walking he says "Well if the clip was full when they started the day 2 shots were fired somewhere other than here."

As he reaches Bridget he stands beside her and looks to what she is pointing at on the parchment.

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:42 pm
by kabukiman
-He could have simply missed the shots. He would hardly be very normal.

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:43 am
by DrVendetta
Paul replies to Francis "If he missed the shots the shell cases would still be here, they are not here"

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:07 am
by kabukiman
-True. Another mistery then in this puzzle.

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:34 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I think I know where we are now," says Tony after studying the map before looking up at Ted. "Having separate people carry the gun and the magazine won't make me feel safer. Suppose we run into a wild animal, or another madman like this fellow? There are other dangers in this forest, as two of the bullets were fired somewhere else. Are we going to ask them to kindly wait while we collect the magazine and gun and insert the one into the other? Do you really think one of us is going to go mad and start shooting?"

Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:57 pm
by DrVendetta
"I have to agree with Tony I think whoever is the most capable with a hand gun should be carring it and it should be loaded" replies Paul

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:23 am
by Priest
Paul,Make an[b] Other Language (Japanese) roll +10[/b] when looking at the parchment

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm
by PatGrillo
Professor Krugman examines the coded shorthand in the note book, attempting to make sense of it.

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 pm
by BenTheRat
"We haven't seen any animals here, and if someone gets the drop on us with a gun, I doubt we will have any extra time to draw and fire. I have seen a lot of really on the edge people here in the group. If everyone thinks we should walk around with a loaded pistol, then I'll take that responsibility. I probably have the most experience dealing with unknown situations. I try not to let them freak me out." Ted explains.

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul is studing the notes that Bridget has pointed out to him.
Priest,Japense 40 +10 = 50% chance [dice]0[/dice] so I failed
Paul looks up to Bridget and says "It looks Japense but I can't make anything out, maybe it is an older dialect that I am not famailar with, sorry."

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm a pretty good shot," says Tony, "but if you think you're better, you're welcome to it." He offers Ted the pistol in one hand, butt first, and the magazine in the other.

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 am
by BenTheRat
Ted takes the pistol, verifies it's empty, then takes the magazine, putting it in, but not chamfering a round.
"Thanks. For at least 1 safety protocol I will not shoot without agreement from someone else in the group, just in case. I will also not be going for kill shots, unless everyone agrees."

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:18 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget smiles appreciatively at Paul's failed efforts before returning to studying the parchment curiously.

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm
by Priest
Bridget,Please make an Idea Roll Something may have occured to you

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:21 pm
by jbibblesworth
As Bridget ponders the seemingly meaningless characters, a nimble line of reasoning begins to formulate in her mind...
Spoiler:
IDEA ROLL - 80% - 1d100 → [63] = (63) SUCCESS

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:43 pm
by Priest
Bridget,Something [b]Paul[/b] had said about it being Japanese, but of no type that he had ever seen, draws you to reconsider the writing. Suddenly you can see it. The words are someone's attempt to write Japanese words in English a kind of phonetic Japanese, uttering the words aloud allows[b] Paul [/b]to easily translate.
Paul,[b]Bridget[/b] begins to speak some Japanese words aloud, she is reading from the parchment. The reason you did not understand them was instead of written in Japanese characters, someone has written down japanese words in a phonetic English. As [b]Bridget[/b] reads the words aloud you are able to translate; [i]A final rest The freedom of lost souls Now your spirit unfettered The curse of your Master Forever Unanswered[/i]
Professor Krugman,The words written in the notebook look like some kind of personal code. Chances are that the cypher died with the owner.

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:22 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted walks over and looks over Tony's shoulder, "so you got the map figured out, where the hell are we?"

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 pm
by jbibblesworth
Listening to Paul slowly translate the passage, Bridget furrows her brow.

"Curious. I wonder what it means..." she ponders aloud. "...the curse of your master. That certainly sounds ominous."

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:23 pm
by kabukiman
After listening Paul and Bridget, Francis says:
-Does it really matter? They were insane and killed themself for God knows what futile reason... We on the other hand, are in a serious task, and it seems that thanks to Tony we will get closer to finish it...

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget turns gravely to Francis.

"I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss omens such as this." she says, tapping the parchment. "Veronica's disappearance is getting stranger and stranger by the second. The secrecy, the occult-ties, the shared nightmares and visions, and now this forest chock full of corpses and gaps in the temporal nature of the universe."

She looks around at her fellow investigators.

"I'm as much a skeptic as the next person. But if the occurrences that've taken place up until now haven't convinced you all that something else is at work here....well..." she shrugs helplessly. "...denial ain't just a river in Egypt so they say."

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul walks over to Tony and ask "So where are we on this map?"

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll let you know once the Keeper tells me.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:29 am
by Priest
Tony,You are able to roughly orientate the map by using some marked areas on the map. You estimate that you are about two mles south of the place marked heavily as the [i]'Cave of Wind'[/i]. Whatever this place is, it was obvoiously of some importance to the dead group as it has been underscored several times and is marked with several question marks.
Professor Krugman,Whilst studying the notebook you begin to notice a reoccuring symbol within the code. Please Roll [b]Know +5[/b]

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 pm
by PatGrillo
Professor Krugman notices something from the coded note book. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4690957/ 25=success Know is 75

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 pm
by Priest
Professor Krugman,Suddenly you notice more and more of the recurring symbols and gradually you begin to decrypt the code. It seems the strangs rhyme, or whatever you choose to call it, is some kind of ritual for dealing with something the notebook refers to as the 'Entity'. As to what this entity is there is nothing in the notebook to explain. It seems that outside of the 'Cave of Wind' will be found five stone pillars, the book goes on to explain that the words must be read five times, once at each pillar.

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:10 pm
by BenTheRat
"Are you sure you are reading that right?" Ted asks. "That just sounds so odd. Do you think we can find our way out with the map if we have to?"

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:27 pm
by PatGrillo
Professor Krugman (speaking mostly to himself): "Some kind of ritual... five stone pillars by the caves... five times... hmm...

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 am
by DrVendetta
Paul ask "A ritual?"

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're here," Tony says, pointing out their current location on the map. "The Cave of Wind is a couple miles north of us, here." He drags his finger across the map to where the cave is marked. "Whatever it is, it was important to these people. They underlined and marked it multiple times."

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:56 pm
by BenTheRat
Ted looks at the map, "hmmm, maybe that's where Veronica is heading as well. I suppose its as good a place as any."

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 pm
by DrVendetta
Paul chimes in "With the lack of any other points of interest on the map I say thats the way we should be headed, do you think you can guide us their using the map from our current location?"

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:39 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, I think so," says Tony. "You're right, we need to go there. It's the only lead we've got."

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:16 am
by kabukiman
-Well, it's a place as good as any other. Let's go then.- says Francis

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:44 pm
by BenTheRat
I think we all agree, we head out.

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:59 pm
by jbibblesworth
Bridget says nothing, but rather simply nods her tacit consent at the plan. As the group begins to gather it's things, her eyes linger on the dead bodies and wonder if the same fate awaits them all.

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:02 pm
by Priest
OOC:   Continues here; viewtopic.php?f=306&t=5314