IC-Ep 3-Fish or Cut Bait(Chad/Leonek/Tobias)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fish or Cut Bait(Chad/Leonek/Tobias)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,They might yet. [b]Chad[/b], you get two shots per round, so you can go ahead and roll the second one, and damage if you hit. Once you've done that, I'll process the round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

ooc,I will be away until probably Wednesday. Please can you roll/npc for me when necessary. Tobias will follow Leonek's lead and directions during combat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I forgot that the Luger's base range is 20 yards, not 15. In that case, [b]Chad[/b] was within normal range last round, so the shootout could have started then without having to change anything. [b]Leonek[/b] can still intercept and attack the guy when he's ten yards away from the ruins, after [b]Chad[/b] fires his second shot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad's second shot struck home, wounding him badly in the stomach. The man dropped his revolver and fell backwards, ending up motionless on the ground just before Leonek reached him.
OOC,I went ahead and rolled for [b]Chad[/b]'s second shot, since his player hasn't posted in several days. The guy went down for the count before [b]Leonek[/b] had a chance to attack him, and we're now out of combat.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek quickly picks up the man's revolver and checks if it's actually loaded or not.

"We should go and help the others, those shots probably mean they're in trouble."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias comes out of cover and walks over to the body which he pushes with his foot. "He's probably still alive." He hunkers down and looks at the wound, "There's no way I can repair that. He's a gonna unless one of you two can fix him up. I know he looks like a creepy fish man but it'll still count as murder if the cops catch up with us."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I say we put him down right here."

Leonek draws his knife to emphasize his point.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looks at Leonek. "We aren't here to start a war Leonek, nor eradicate this species. We're here to save Dr Kirby and find out what we can, which right now includes the implied task of saving our skins." Then to the fish man "Well I wish I had been a bit more convincing. Just dropping the gun would have been much better for everyone" back to Leonek and Tobias "Keep him restrained" Chad attempts to help the man.
Roll First Aid,31 pass [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4469893/[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad managed to bind the fishman's wound by tying his belt tight around his stomach. He looked like he was starting to do a little better, but not much. However, he was stable now and starting to come to his senses. His already bulging eyes went wider with fear when he saw his assailants armed and looming over him. "W-what do you want?" he burbled.

The gunfire continued from the beach below. Interspersed with the pistol shots were a pair of shotgun blasts, quite close together.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek sheathes the knife and scowls.

"We should take his car and see to just that then, sir. Something is going on at the beach and it doesn't sound good."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Let's hurry then. That shotgun didn't sound good - and none of us had one of those. Can we take him with us? Better to keep an eye on him." Tobias goes towards the car, hoping to find the keys in the ignition. If not, he'll look through the fishman's pockets.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looks at the Fishman, and calmly explains, "Despite the hostility we've encountered, we've been attacked by your people several times since we've arrived in Dunwich, I don't bear you malice. Right now, all I want to do is leave. Now if you'll hand over the keys to your car, I'll leave you here, where you are very likely to be found and cared for by your own kind. We will be of course relieving your of your firearm as well. So what do you say, can we do this the easy way?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The man grumbled. "I don't see as I have much choice," he muttered. "I left the keys in the car." He staggered to his feet and began to make his way gingerly towards the ruins.

The revolver that Leonek had taken was a .38 snub-nose, and it was fully loaded with six bullets.

Tobias led the way across the open ground towards the car. He could tell he was heading west, as it was late afternoon and the sun was low in the sky ahead of him. The road stretched off to the southwest and northeast, and the car, still some way ahead, was parked on the side of the road closer to the ruins, facing southwest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek held on to the pistol and made his way to the car.

Shall I drive?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad, Leonek, and Tobias crossed the field towards the road. The sounds of gunfire from the beach had stopped by this point. When the three of them were about ten yards away from the gateway to the road, a keening, whistling sound came from the direction of the ruins. They also heard the man cackling from that direction, though he had already vanished behind the cover of the ruins. "That's Rover coming!" he called. "You're all for it now!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad hears the commotion. "Well way to make a man retreat an act of mercy. Quick to the car. Tobias, as far as I can tell you've only managed to fire your widget once; you drive. Leonek and I will shoot, now RUN!"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek let out a curse and starts running towards the car, gripping the gun tightly.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias nabs the keys and breaks into a run. "I'll get it started, just be ready to jump in soon as." He runs towards the car aiming to jump into the driver's seat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad, Leonek, and Tobias sprinted through the gateway and to the car. The keys were in the ignition, and the motor was already running. As they fled, the sound behind them grew louder and rose to a crescendo of mad piping. They could not help glancing back, and they saw an enormous, roughly spherical white mass rising above the ruins, seeming to inflate before their eyes. The impossible thing was covered with eyes and mouths - far too many of them. And then it begin to roll forward, heading in their direction...
Story
JAYSUN81

Elizabeth Young
YOCKENTHWAITE

Lucuus Verres
IMPINTRAINING

Brook Davies
THORN

Chad Engraham
MIKETHEMOOSE

Leonek Novak
DRPETERSON

Raymond MacIntyre
SHROUDEYE
THE HUNTER

Tobias Maddox
AINE

Dr. Salem Shields
DETECTIVESOCKS

Elliot Webb
BENTHERAT

Valerie Soames
CEARLAN

Dr. Valerie Kirby
MR. HANDY

Brigadier Charles Crichton
MR. HANDY

Victoria Lake
MR. HANDY

Horsham
MR. HANDY

Gardener
MR. HANDY

Mrs. Plodgett
MR. HANDY

Emma
MR. HANDY

Chauffeur
MR. HANDY

Butler
MR. HANDY

Sergeant
MR. HANDY

Constables
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Goon
MR. HANDY

Kal'ee
MR. HANDY

Emilia
MR. HANDY

Sea Devils
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY
MR. HANDY

Title music by
RON GRAINER and
BBC RADIOPHONIC
WORKSHOP

Designer
MR. HANDY

Producer
MR. HANDY

Directed by
MR. HANDY
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
The Thing That Should Not Be
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”