IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can manage if I have to," said Dr. Kirby, "but I'd feel a lot better if you came with me and drove."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

My heart is shouting at me to stand by the rest of the cell, my colleagues, but my head screams and screams at me get Dr Kirby out of here safely. I look over to Elliott to try and read some sort of guidance in his face. Do I stay or do I go with the package like my first instincts? I bite my lower lip in confusion and consternation. I have never been placed in doubt in this way before.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot follows the constables about 15-20 feet back. When they are not looking, I pull my knife and I make sure Val sees me do it. As they approach Val and the car, he yells out, "Don't worry auntie, they will check out the hotel as soon as they are done here."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Oh boy," Salem mutters to himself, watching the constables make their slow approach as he scratches his head, wondering how to get out of this pickle.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Kirby ducked down so that the constables wouldn't see her as they approached, while Raymond went back into the shack and shut the door. One of the constables pointed at the Land Rover and led the way, followed by the sergeant, with the other constable bringing up the rear. That one moved with great difficulty and slowness, even moreso than Valerie Soames herself did. As they got to within ten yards, she could confirm that they were in fact carrying the Dunwich look, with bulging eyes and gills.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

I close my eyes and look heavenward.
  Please God, guide me in this  
Taking a deep breath she opens here eyes and sees the policemen are getting closer.

"In the car Dr Kirby - I need to get you out of here and get you out now." I spin round and make for the driver's door and slide in. I give Elliott a sorrowful look as I enter the car and mouth the word 'Sorry!' to him.

"We'll have to leave the boys to sort themselves out I'm afraid. I'm sure they can all manage just fine, and anyway what's a not-so-young girl such as myself going to be able to bring to this particular party?" I gun the engine and drive off once myself and Dr Kirby are both in. "Now we need to be getting out of here pretty darn quick." I spin the car round and head past / through the policemen if they try to get in the way, or should that be don't get out the way in time.
OOC:   I'll try to take the most 'agile' one out as I pass if possible - though not enough to damage the car too much.  
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As Valerie Soames got behind the wheel and pulled out, the policemen quickened their pace. "Halt!" shouted the one in the lead. Then a loud, distant crack was heard - a gunshot!
OOC,[b]Valerie[/b], please roll Drive Auto. Also, everyone please roll Listen and Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc rolls,Listen target = 50%: [dice]0[/dice] spot hidden target = 60%: [dice]1[/dice]
Elliot sees where the shots came from. As the constables start to chase the car, Elliot tries to catch the last one by surprise with a knife to the back.
attack,knife 25%: [dice]2[/dice]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Spot Hidden 80%/Listen 25%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4439463/]Spot Hidden Success 60%/Listen Fail 50%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When the mysterious shot rang out, Raymond fired at the sergeant through the window, but the bullet went wide. Elliot tried to stab the policeman bringing up the rear in the back, but he turned aside at the last second. Then Raymond heard something and turned.

Valerie Soames tried to run down the constable in front, but he easily moved out of the way. As the Land Rover went past, he tried to grab onto a door handle, but it slipped from his grasp.

Dr. Kirby heard nothing, but she glanced out the rear window and saw something.
OOC,You cannot see where the shot came from even if you passed your Spot Hidden roll. I can't reveal what you see yet, as it depends on what happens in the other thread, and I'm waiting for someone to post there before I can be certain what it is. [b]Valerie[/b], you may roll Listen and Spot Hidden as well. [b]Salem[/b], it is your turn to act now. Then I can finish out the rest of the round.
Raymond MacIntyre,[b]Raymond[/b] could tell that the first gunshot had come from the cliffs above. Then he heard a sound behind him. Somehow, [b]Horsham[/b] had gotten free of the ropes, which he had discarded on the floor. He vanished through the door at the rear of the shop before [b]Raymond[/b] could take a shot at him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Valerie, shaken a little by having to control the careering land rover just manages to catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye and looks quickly in that direction. By concentrating on this she fails to hear over the noise of the engine.

"Oh dear, this is exciting isn't it dear!" I exclaim merrily. "Just wait till I tell the girls at the knitting club about his one," I laugh, trying to keep Dr. Kirby's spirits up, possibly to mask my own fear as well - you might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment!

"We'll soon have you out of here dearie." I add cheerfully.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem tries to run up and tackle the policemen closest to him, but misses him in the middle of the scuffle.
Grapple 25%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4442129/]Failure 77%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem tried to grab the lead constable, but he effortlessly eluded his grasp. The sergeant also tried to grab hold of the Land Rover as it went past him, but he too could not maintain a grip. "Stop that vehicle!" he commanded. Raymond fired a second shot at him, hitting this time and wounding him badly. His eyes went wide as he glimpsed a startling sight.

Behind them, to the south, everyone saw a Sea Devil gripping a spear and a net run to the edge of the cliffs above the area where the cave entrance was and leap off, making a graceful dive and landing in the water with a splash, where it submerged and vanished from sight. Raymond remained calm, used to these things by now. Dr. Kirby went pale as a sheet and quivered in terror. "Thank you," she managed, her voice cracking. "I just hope we get the chance to tell them!"

The slowest constable tried to grab onto the Land Rover when it drove by him, but he tripped and fell in a heap at Elliot's feet. Then the Land Rover was past him, with nothing but empty beach between it and escape.

Raymond fired another shot at the sergeant, but this one whizzed by him.
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Valerie[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you may act freely. [b]Salem[/b] does not need to roll, as he already lost 6 points for seeing one of these. [b]Elliot[/b], it is your turn to act now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot watches the strange creature dive into the sea. He can't believe what just jumped into the water.
sanity check,target = 60: [dice]0[/dice]
He knew he was in for a strange encounters here, but this is getting ridiculous. And he has had about enough of this.
With a fish man prone on the ground in front of him. He decided enough is enough. He drives his dagger down into the creature.
knife attack:,25%(not sure if I get a bonus for them being prone in front of me,oh I wish I had my gun.) [dice]1[/dice]
Elliot misjudges the fish fellow falling at his feet and trips over him as he goes to stab him.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Valerie is slightly shaken - (33/49%) by the grisly sight but manages to maintain a calm exterior as she leaves the beach and is once more on the road.

"There, there Dr Kirby you will be alright now ... once we are clear of the village that is." I reach out behind me and give her hand a comforting squeeze. "Do you want to come and sit up front dear? Quickly now." I add, not giving her the option, as I stop the car out of sight of those on the beach.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Valerie[/b], you are moving to the thread linked below.
The Two Valeries
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
I Fought the Law
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”