IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem points over towards the Land Rover, "Dr.Kirby, we've managed to capture a Sea Devil and restrained it in the backseat of the car. HQ says we should bring it back to base so we may examine it." Salem thinks to himself for a moment and looks over in the direction of the underwater cave, "Did you know anything about that cave over there Dr.Kirby?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Valerie looks down to the sand trying to remember the layout of the village. Finally she calls out "When we went into the manor I'm sure there was a carriage house on the drive. I remember hiding behind behind it when Elliott and I saw the gardener. I had almost forgotten about him. Anyway, I wonder if your car was being held there Dr Kirby?"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's likely where they've hidden it," said Dr. Kirby as she made her way over to the Land Rover. "I wouldn't want to risk going back there to look for it, though. I did see the cave entrance from the beach around here, but I never ventured inside." She looked into the back of the vehicle and screamed in terror when she saw the creature. Trembling, she gripped the door handle and shivered for a minute until she calmed down. "Actually, that one's not as bad as Bertie Lake. There are still enough bits of him that you can tell he was once human, and that makes it worse."
OOC,Everyone who is outside, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

When Dr. Kirby screams, Elliot will come out to make sure she is ok. "Everyone ok here?".
spot hidden,target = 60 [dice]0[/dice]
Then noticing something odd, "What the heck is that?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem looks around to clue in, only to mindlessly blind himself when he stared at the sun and rubs his eyes profusely.
Spot Hidden 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4421814/]Fumble! 100%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Raymond was inside the shack, keeping an eye on Horsham.
Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames,[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Valerie[/b] happened to glance to the north. Off in the distance, three men were walking in their direction, all of them wearing constables' uniforms. [b]Dr. Kirby[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4421858/]noticed them too[/url].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Valerie looks Northward and watches as the figures come closer. Before they get too close she says to Elliott; "Elliott, we may need to make a decision now - have you seen these three supposed policemen heading our way? They may or may not be friendlies, but I think it would be better to bolt if needed, don't you agree dear boy? Salem, I'd suggest we leave and leave now. Dr Kirby, if you would be so good as to get in the car please, we may have to leave in a hurry."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot sizes the constables walking towards them. Then to the ones inside, "We got company. Doctor Kirby do you know if the police are in with these..." he stops at a loss of words. "Whatever they are. What if I go talk to them see what they want? I'm not sure running from the police is the right thing to do. Maybe they can be allies."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It wouldn't surprise me if they're in on it," said Dr. Kirby. "It's hard to imagine how all this could be going on without their knowledge. Be careful." She got into the Land Rover.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot discreetly hands his pistol over to Val. "Just in case. Get the truck started. I'll go see what our friends want. Your job is to get Dr. Kirby out of here if things go bad."
Elliot walks up the beach till he is about 20 feet from the 3 men. He looks for anything out of place. Do they have the right uniforms, badges, etc... Are they carrying any firearms? Do they have gills? If anything looks fishy he is going to bolt back down the beach.
spot hidden,just in case target = 60: [dice]0[/dice]
If everything looks good and they don't seem aggressive, "Afternoon constables, can I help you?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Raymond stuck his head out of the shack. "I don't think we can bring ths guy outside with company on the way," he said quietly to Salem and Valerie Soames as Elliot headed north up the beach.
Elliot Webb,[b]Elliot[/b] walked closer to the constables, who did not seem to be paying him any particular attention. Their uniforms and badges looked normal, and they did not seem to have firearms, though each of them had a baton on his belt. The one in the middle had sergeant's stripes on his sleeves. When he got to within about twenty feet, [b]Elliot[/b] could see that all three of them had big fishy eyes and gills. [spoiler][b]Elliot[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4. You may then act freely, but you should roll Idea before you do so.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Valerie gets into the land rover and starts it up. She casts her eyes about and looks for the easiest route off the beach, hopefully being able to take as many of the 'group' as possible. At least Dr Kirby is in the car.

"Are you alright dear ... we'll do our best to ensure your safety."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I am now, thanks to you and Elliot," said Dr. Kirby. "If you hadn't gotten me out of there..." She shivered.

Valerie Soames could see that the only way to get the Land Rover off the beach was to drive north, past the police. The beach ended here at the cliff base, and there was no way the vehicle could scale the sheer heights or sail out to sea, which were the only other apparent ways off the beach.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,I hope I'm not too late in elaborating something quite... ridiculous. Hear me out guys, even though there's 3 cops that seems to suggest they're ready for action, what if we tried tricking them? Instead of direct confrontation, we can trick the police into thinking that [b]Raymond[/b] is holding [b]Horsham[/b] as hostage, and waving his gun around like a psycho. He'll shoot anybody that tries to go inside, we simply don't know why, all we know is that he's [i]crazy[/i] and the people outside are trying to reason him. If this somehow works, we could try whacking them in the back of the heads. My two cents worth :p
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC,Go for it Detective ... I'll be ready in case it don't work.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Sanity,target = 60: [dice]0[/dice] . idea roll target = 80: [dice]1[/dice] . Holy crap double crit successes.
Elliot swallows down the repulsive feeling in his stomach. "Officers, I saw three people jump out of that model T and run into the hotel. They looked dangerous. My friends and I were afraid to go back up there."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, sir," said the sergeant. "We'll deal with that just as soon as we've resolved the situation here. Please stay back." He led the other two constables past Ellliot, in the direction of Horsham's shack.
Elliot Webb,[b]Elliot[/b] was sure these were actual constables, but they carried the taint of Dunwich and were no doubt corrupted and on [b]Lake[/b]'s payroll. They also seemed to know that something was going on at [b]Horsham[/b]'s. Could [b]Salem[/b] or [b]Raymond[/b] have made a phone call to UNIT from the shack? If so, the local operator could easily have eavesdropped on the conversation and then reported it, which would explain how the police would know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Absolutely sirs." Elliot says. After they pass and their backs are to me, he will flash a sign to Val that things are not good, and to be prepared to fight.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Noting Elliott's gesturing as the disgustingly deformed policemen approach, I am now torn between fight or flight. Her head says let's get the package out of here, but her heart, her gut instinct is that she should stay and help her fellow agents. "If you can drive I want you to get out and drive away from this hell-hole for all you are worth Doctor - I cannot leave my colleagues behind in this situation - it's just not the British way now is it? You need to get off the beach to the North, which unfortunately will take you past those revolting policemen."

"You can drive Dr Kirby?" I ask as I watch the distorted features of the police get closer.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Episode 3”