IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
3:40 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Raymond MacIntyre, who stood by the Land Rover, smiled when he saw Elliot Webb, Valerie Soames, and Dr. Valerie Kirby approaching from the north. "Dr. Kirby, thank goodness you're all right!" he said. "It's good to see you two as well. I'm glad you managed to rescue her."

Dr. Kirby smiled back weakly. "Thank you," she said. "I'm so glad to see you too. Where are the others?"

"Dr. Shields is in the shack with one of our prisoners. We've got the other one trussed up in the back of the Land Rover. It's...it's like nothing I've ever seen before, and I've seen a lot. The others still haven't come out of that cave."

Dr. Kirby noticed the wound in his side. "Oh, my! You're hurt!"

"Yes, that creature poked me with a spear, but I managed to shoot it down before it could finish me off, and Dr. Shields already saw to my wound."

Raymond went over to the shack and poked his head inside. "Elliot and Mrs. Soames are back with Dr. Kirby," he told Salem.

Horsham, who was tied to a support post, raised an eyebrow when Raymond mentioned Mrs. Soames.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-On the Beach(Raymond/Salem/Elliot/Valerie)

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot finally lets out a sigh of release, feeling much better with more team members around. Elliot pokes his head into the shack to see if he can be of any help. "Good to see you guys too."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

With his hands still deep in searching Horsham's pockets, Salem continues to search meticulously as Elliot walks in, "Webbs! I'm glad we finally have good news for once." Salem gives pause and looks up to Elliot, "What's the SITREP lookin' outside? Are we compromised?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem's search of Horsham's pockets turned up a half-full pack of cigarettes, a lighter, some pocket change, and a ring of keys.
OOC,Whoops, I'm sorry! I forgot that you said you were searching him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Clear out here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the locals coming soon. It's not like we got Dr. Kirby out without being seen. We ended up turning around and doubling back. I'm not sure why they would think to come this way, but then that model T we were driving doesn't blend in real well either." Elliot says. "Whats going on with these guys?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem glances between Elliot and the tied up Horsham, "We needed to gain entrance to the cave by that cliff," as Salem points in the direction of the window. "However, the entrance is underwater and we've seized this fishing shack and commandeered the boats. The fishing shack is temporarily our safe-house for the time being, although..." Salem nods towards the Land Rover parked outside, "Ray got attacked by one of those amphibious creatures just moments ago, and we've captured it."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot thinks back to the fish guys he saw at the house, "The manor Dr. Kirby was at was crawling with them. Just gills in the neck, or are these guys worse?" He shivers for a second thinking back to the people he saw.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Kneeling beside Horsham, Salem rises up slowly as his eyes were fixed on Elliot, "It's a lot worse then you imagine." Salem shuffles towards Elliot, "I'm not sure what you've seen, but our captive in the car has more... pronounced features. It's crossed between a fish, frog, and a turtle. Eight feet muscular figure, bipedal including limbs with digits as well." Salem gives pause, "The creature lunged a spear at Ray outside." Looking out towards the window, Salem's eyes light up and smiles as he sees Dr.Kirby safe, "Are we prepared for extraction Elliot? Or does Dr.Kirby have a request?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Not that I'm aware. My plan was get her out of there and to safety. I don't think we are safe yet, but its a start. I think getting the team back together and extraction at this point might be the best plan." Elliot looks out towards the water, "What about the strangers with the box? We can't just leave them with these," he pauses for a second looking for the right word. "Creatures."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I see, well good work Elliot," as Salem pats Elliot's shoulder in an encouraging manner. "Whatever you see useful here is yours, I'll speak with Dr.Kirby and soon will contact HQ." Salem exits the door and waves enthusiastically at Dr.Kirby, grinning in joy, "Dr. Kirby!"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"So how long have the others been gone? What is the contingency plan with that?" Elliot asks. "I don't want to do another rescue op in that house if I don't have to."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

In that awkward social suspense that Salem forgot to address Elliot, time felt like it slowed down as he looked over his shoulder to see Elliot, caught in that awkward moment. Caught up with the feeling of relief that Dr.Kirby is alive, Elliot's concern reminded Salem of the soldiers back at the base and when he had to go through bootcamp.

"The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

Still waving at Dr.Kirby enthusiastically, Salem checked his watch and noticed that the rest of the team have been gone for about an hour since they've departed.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Valerie's face wrinkles in distaste. "I think that we need to be aware that our main purpose is to extract Dr Kirby which we have done ... if at least partially. I would suggest that we take her as far away as we can from here, as quickly as possible. But there are protocols that we have to follow and we have to await further instruction regarding these ... these ... 'things.' Does anyone agree?"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem looks over towards Valerie, "We are aware of our objective and your concern is appreciated ma'am." Salem nods toward the Land Rover, "Extraction will arrive ETA tomorrow morning and will CASEVAC our prisoners to a containment facility. I've already informed HQ of these creatures, however, details are unspecified regarding our mode of transportation."

Shuffling his feet together and squaring his posture towards Valerie, Salem says, "Did you obtain any intel infiltrating the Lake Manor?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Valerie Kirby grinned back at Salem. "It's good to see you too, Dr. Shields," she said. "We'll never hold this position until morning, that's for certain. Our best bet is to gather everyone together and evacuate back to HQ with our prisoners. I don't think there should be any unnecessary delay before I brief the Brigadier on the threat. I've discovered a bit before my abduction, and I know something about these creatures. UNIT have run into them before. We call them the Sea Devils. Back in the seventies, there were some encounters with them in the North Sea. But I've discovered something about them we never knew then. They're..." She shuddered. "They're genetically compatible with humans, and can interbreed. That's where the hybrid creatures you'll find in Dunwich come from. They appear normal throughout childhood, but as they reach maturity they gradually take on the phenotype of Sea Devils, whose genes are dominant."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot can't help but smile when Dr. Kirby speaks. As bad as everything went on that part of the mission with no equipment and we had still pulled it off. Maybe a medal or promotion he thought privately to himself. "I only heard a couple names Bertie and Victoria Lake that run the place. Dr. Kirby has the real intel. I agree, there are too many, we can't hold out here till morning."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

"Should we take the safer option and head out of Dunwich then ... I for one would rather not see these so-called hybrids or sea devils or whatever they are unless I absolutely have to. From what I have seen so far, we are outnumbered and whilst they can be injured and presumably killed by bullets, it may take ore than we have available to us. Valerie draws herself up to her full height, which isn't very much, and looks Salem straight in the eye.

"Regarding Lake Manor ... Mr Lake we never actually saw, but his cook Mrs Blodgett and the gardener are definitely batting for the other side as it were so it would be safe to assume that others are too. There were two other men in the manor but Elliot and myself managed to get away with Dr Kirby, injuring some of the men - fish in the process. Mr Lake goes around in the place in a silver Rolls Royce with tinted windows, which may mean something or nothing at all. He drove out the village at speed just before we got here, we thought he was chasing us at the time.If he was then I feel we need to protect our 'prize asset' and make sure we avoid him and his allies. As Dr Kirby states, we are at a major disadvantage here in Dunwich and I stress again the need to get out of Dodge with all available speed."
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," said Dr. Kirby, "I quite agree. I have seen Bertie Lake-" She shivered again. "Be glad you haven't. He's almost completely transformed. There's very little human left in him. His father was the late Captain Josiah Lake, who by all accounts was fully human. His mother must have been a Sea Devil."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"But we can't leave the others behind either. We need to procure more transportation. The Humvee will only hold so many, and as much as I love the old T, we need something a bit faster." Elliot speaks up. "Maybe Val and I can go back into town and procure a couple more cars? Is there a rental place around here? Maybe for motorcycles?" Elliot is trying to remember if he saw any large vans while driving around.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I had my own car," said Dr. Kirby, "and I tried to get away in it when they grabbed me. I didn't see it in the car park, though, so they must have hidden it. There's no rental place in Dunwich. How many people are we talking about extracting? The Land Rover holds seven, and the Model T can seat five in a pinch, plus two on the running boards. Is that not enough?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”