IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad responds to Leonek "No, you're right, without the ability to reliably pilot it, it's as useless topside as it is here. A handy place to hide but not much else."
OOC,Help Keeper!? :o Am I really in charge here? I was operating under the assumption that I was [i]not [/i]the ranking officer.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias Maddox,Before long, [b]Tobias[/b] managed to rewire the weapon so that he (or any other human) should be able to fire it, at least in theory. However, this was alien technology, so there was no predicting what else his modifications would do when he tried to use it.
OOC,[b]Story[/b] is in charge inside the TARDIS, technically, but [b]Chad[/b], you are the ranking UNIT person here as a Flight Lieutenant. [b]Salem[/b] outranks you, but he's not here, and [b]Raymond[/b], who is with him, is in overall charge of the mission. [b]Leonek[/b] is a private, and [b]Tobias[/b], a civilian, is [b]Raymond[/b]'s assistant.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad belatedly realizing he was in charge. "Tobias what's the prognosis on that gizmo?! We can't afford to be a man down."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth looks up as Lucius arrives and smiles, weakly. "I'm sorry I ran away. I feel better now. Thank you for coming to find me. Shall we go back to the console room? What has been happening?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius smiles to Elizabeth, "I was worried about you. You looked quite shocked. I'm glad you're feeling better now." He offers her an arm and starts leading her back the way they came, "This place is quite big. I'm always surprised about what I find down here. Thankfully, your wet footprints left me a trail to follow."

As they started walking back, he answered her question, "I believe Story is doing some calculations to try to relocate the TARDIS without going somewhere, sometime else completely... and I left Tobias trying to fix the gadget I took from the creature at Pluto base. I figured if he could get it to work, perhaps we might have an upper hand against these creatures outside."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"That sounds hopeful," says Elizabeth as they walk. "I imagine Story's calculations might be quite difficult though. Fingers crossed they work. And well done you for remembering that device you got. Perhaps it can help too."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"Drag the TARDIS?!?! You've got to be kidding me." says Story as he looks over at the Chad. "I don't doubt that it could be done. I mean it was obviously drug here. However, it will be slow and I would imagine quite noisy...all the grunting and such. That said, we would have a safe place to retreat to if the creatures attacked." Runs his hand through his hair. "Though if we're forced to retreat into the TARDIS you guys might as well settle in for the journey of a lifetime because we will not be able to exit her again...at least not down here. I would imagine the creatures would begin to keep a very close eye on us."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"Yes, he is right.", Leonek agrees with Story. "We either leave now and still have a chance to get out before they bring up their reinforcements or we stay with these people and see where we end up."

He looks at Story, his interesting contraption and his fascinating companion and then thinks of the only real friend he ever had at UNIT.

In a low voice, he says:

"We really should go back for Dr. Kirby."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded curtly to Elizabeth, "Thank you. I'm just disappointed that I could not get it to work on my own. It is somewhat relieving that he has to modify it to get it to work for him." On their way, Lucius asked, "Do you remember what you saw outside... before you ran off?" He was concerned that she might not be able to hold it together if they ran into the creature again. Frankly, he was surprised he hadn't gone running off with her in search for their fleeting sanity.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes," nods Elizabeth to Lucius. "And while I don't want to see it again, I think I'll be ok if I do. It just shook me a lot, and took some getting used to. I don't think I'll run off again. Well I hope not!" she says, grinning, recovering more of her usual composure.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at Leonek, Chad and Tobias. "I wish I could help in any way, I'm just not sure how."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek shakes his head.

"Thank you. But if you come with us, the chances of you being able to come back to your friends are non-existent."

He looks at Chad, eyeing him in an "it's now or never"-way.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabth and Lucius returned to the console room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias puts the tools away and hefts the gadget in his hand, thoughtfully. It wouldn't be safe to test it in the confines of the Tardis, no matter how spacious it seemed to be. He looks up and focuses back on his Boss and the UNIT team. "Okay, I'm ready, what's the plan?"
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looks at Tobias, and in a hurridly manner explains. " We''ve finished our objective here, now, we've got intel on a topside exit, we go out, find that exit and try and rendevous with the rescue group and extract using opportunistic means. Otherwise were stuck. Assume all contact is hostile. Don't let anyone get away and raise an alarm. Ready? Leonek you had the last look, you take point"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius asked Story, "Are we helping or running?" He was pretty straight forward when it came to his observations, and he wasn't really opposed to running when it came to fighting inhuman entities.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek nodded at the command, took a deep breath, one hand on the door handle, one on the knife on his belt, and opened the door.

He slipped out quickly, making his way to the mouth of the tunnel and peering into the darkness, listening intently.
Spot Hidden-nope,[dice]0[/dice]
Listen-success,[dice]1[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias nods and prepares to leave. "Well, Mr Storey, Ms Thorn, Miss Elizabeth; I hope we meet you all again soon above ground. Lucius, I'll let you know how I get on with the gadget, with any luck not blowing my own hand off!"

He follows his team mates to the entrance and steps outside.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"Good luck!" Brook says, watching them leave, giving what she hopes is an encouraging smile. After they're out she looks to Story. "I don't remember anything from history class about fishmonsters in Dunwich, or fishy world domination. Does that mean this ends here, or can history change because we've been here?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

As Story turns to Lucius he says, "I suppose we run..." He pats the console and continues, "unless she decides it's not time." He then takes a moment to watch Leonek, Tobias, and Chad before returning his attention to the console. Upon hearing Brook's question he looks up and smiles at her and says, "Perhaps we should hope for the best. Time travel can be quite tricky, and I don't think we did anything that would contaminate the time stream that much...of course there is the whole butterfly effect." Story glances over at Lucius for a second and then looks back at the console as he cracks his knuckles ready to roll the dice and see if he can pull off a miracle.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge

Return to “Episode 3”