IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380578/]Rolling Cthulhu Mythos (stat 5%) after seeing tentacle-y thing outside TARDIS, and going rather insane (1d100=97)[/url]
Elizabeth reels with shock at seeing the creature. "What? What?" she gibbers, turning deathly pale. "I've got to get out of here!" she cries, looking first outside in panic, and then darting towards the TARDIS's interior door to run further inside the ship.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

sanity roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380879/]1d100=51, 1d8=5[/url]; idea [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380883/]1d100=82[/url]
Tobias' eyes boggle at the creature; it looks like it'll find a way in somehow. "Just pull the damn lever man - get us outta here!" He screams and runs over to Storey.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook grimaces seeing the creature on the monitor screen. "Ugh.....nasty...." She looks concerned after Elisabeth who's fleeing deeper into the TARDIS. "Elisabeth, it can't get us in here!"
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

roll sanity,Oh well. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381956/]37 fail[/url] How bad a fail? Well looks like I hit the cap [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381957/]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381957/[/url] Better start embracing the crazy because Chad's going to be cuckoo for cocoa puffs in no time! :mrgreen:
Chad looks at the horrible creature and recoils. "That such creatures roam the deep!? One thing's for certain I'm not going back into that water! Period! I don't care anymore, I won't do it! A fine time to remember that your control of this device is a bit less than perfect Professor. The plan was, get here, cause a commotion, secure the conveyance. Check, check, check. Only to find out our pilot has a habit of getting lost while flying around. Like I said, I don't know whether we are getting out of here alive or dead, I just know my way isn't going back into that water." Chad clears the action of his Luger of any water or debris then re-holsters it. "So what's it going to be, roll the dice in here and if we lose go someplace strange, or roll the dice out there and if we lose we end up dead? Just so you all know, while I was out in the cave I got a good chance to listen to what was going on. A male and a female voice, saying they should release 'Rover' to take care of us. I think we just met Rover. Anyway we've got my Luger and a few clips, and maybe I can get a few shots off before we get overwhelmed, how many times do you think I have to hit it before it drops? Better yet where do I shoot it, that even hurts it? I figure I hit about half the time when I'm shooting under pressure. Well what do you all say? Given that things size some of us will likely get at least hurt bad and possibly dead, and if those other things come back and reinforce it could be a real problem, if there are more things than just those three that get involved the odds of any of of living drop way down..... It's a dice roll either way. And for my part, even if we get extremely lucky and kill everything down here, if there isn't another way back to the surface, I'm taking Professor Story's wild ride, because I sure won't swim out. "
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek looks from Chad to Elisabeth and then to Story.

"What? How do you mean? The plan was to come here and attract attention and then take your thing and go get the others."

He shakes his head and looks at the control panel.

"How can you not fly your own thing? Is it a dimensional thing? Or .., ah, I don't know, make it go to the others. We need to help Dr. Kirby now, you've got your machine back."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius barely kept his fears in check. Creatures he could handle; it was magic that freaked him out. The apparent cowardice of Tobias and Chad offended his Roman sensibilities, and he frowned at them. "Are you both unmanned?" he said. "A woman is in peril, and we have to make sure she is safe. If it comes to a fight, I'm prepared, but who is to say it is necessary? We may be able to find a way around the creature without confronting it. If we merely wait long enough for them to search the caves, they may assume we have fled."

Elizabeth did not pay any attention to what Brook said, panic overriding her reason. She threw open the interior door and ran down a corridor with the same sort of roundels on its walls.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias calms down, shakes his head and watches as the creature slimes off down the tunnel. "That seriously freaked me out; did you see it? Monsterous, man, it was huge. How many of those suckers are out there?" He leans on the control unit. "Rover? You reckon it was some kinda sick guard dog? Well, I'm not going out there will that thing prowling around, no sir. I don't reckon a regular bullet would do much to that body, you'd need a Raufoss or something explosive like a HEA-47 at least."
ooc,I've no idea what a Raufoss or a HEA-47 is but Tobias does. (surprisingly for an ordinary engineer ;) )
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story watches Elizabeth run into the inner areas of the TARDIS and he releases his grip on the lever and says, "Brook, Elizabeth will be okay, she just needs some time to come to grips." Looking at Leonek he says, "You're quite right Leonek we do need to help Dr. Kirby. I agree with Lucius let's wait a few minutes and then slip out. Hmmmm I wonder..." He then turns his attention back to the console as he moves to the spot where the sensors are located.
Mr. Handy,Is the TARDIS sensors able to be adjusted to detect the tunnel layouts? Like whether or not there's a surface exit/entrance?
Last edited by jaysun81 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek seems relieved.

"Good! Do you have any weapons in here? If not, there was a crate of diving knives in the cave your tardy is in."

He starts readjusting the straps on his suit and walks towards the TARDIS door.

"I'll wait a few moments and then go out to check if the crate is still there. Then, whoever has any courage left is invited to join to go find the others and help rescue Dr. Kirby."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad listens to Lucius and watches Leonek, shakes his head and clears his thoughts. "I didn't clear my gun because I thought I'd need it in here. I'm not unmanned, but neither am I unbrained...yet; Lucius I respect the bravado that says the only course of action is to run head long into danger, violence in your hands, attacking, smashing, and killing things until all that stands in your way is dead, dying or crying; and if you didn't die, you didn't try. But you missed my point entirely. Both routes have risks, chance, and both success and failure paths. Both failure paths involve NOT helping Dr. Kirby. Both success paths involve HELPING Dr. Kirby. One failure path involves all of us dying. Now unless that path can reasonably be assumed to have a markedly higher odds of success then it is clearly inferior. But we need to think and look at our situation and the circumstances. So let's start this way. Professor Story what are the odds you can land this thing back topside? Second, if this widget travels in time it MUST have a sensor package?"

"By the way what I said before about not going back into the water. Let me reiterate, I will NOT go back into that water. "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,The scanners can't map the tunnels for you, but they can tell you that you're currently at sea level, and the clifftops overlooking the beach are a few dozen feet above sea level. That area roughly correpsonds to the abbey ruins you saw earlier.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Hmmmm...well, it appears as if we're current at sea level." Runs his right hand through his hair and looks at Chad and says, "If I remember correctly the clifftops that overlook the beach are only a few dozen feet above sea level...which seems to correspond to the abbey ruins. I don't think we need to worry about getting back into the water. Logically there must be a surface access." Turning to Leonek he says, "Whenever your ready to check the immediate area just give the word." Without looking Story's hand finds the door lever as he waits for Leonek's word.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias has a good look at the control unit, running his hands along the lines and edges, not for the last time, he wishes desperately he still has his camera that was lost in the crash; he gives Chad a foul look, reckoning he'd be better as a politician than a pilot. He watches the central column glowing gently, "So, Mister Storey, what's your power source on this? Fusion? Fission?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Keeping his hand on the door lever Story turning to look at Tobias and smiles before saying, "A black hole..."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad scowls back at Tobias. Sure he's felt inadequate since the crash, like he had to prove he was useful since he blew the landing, killed the ground crew, and injured the whole team. He had one job and he blew it ...Maybe he has been compensating....But for a military unit the leadership has been positively chaotic, more like more like a bickering and banter one would expect from a gathering for a game of bridge than an elite military unit. "OK by my reckoning of what we've seen we need 5 people lethally armed and ready to kill in order to keep the odds on our side out there. They didn't release Rover to serve us tea and biscuits. Who's up for that challenge? Professor you never answered my first question. What do you think are the odds you can land this thing back topside?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Rather annoyed that he has to admit this Story hesitantly tells Chad, "Slim...even in a calm relaxed state the odds are still against us. The TARDIS is a rather complicated, highly sensitive piece of Gallifreyan technology and such a small shift is quite hard to plot. Besides she can be very finicky. Looks around the room at everyone before looking back at Chad. "If I make the attempt you, Tobias, and Leonek have to truly be okay with the possibility of never returning to this particular time and place. Could the three of your handle that? It might just be better to scout the caverns before committing to what I'm suggestion may happen."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Tobias," Lucius said abruptly, "could you come over here for a moment? I have something I would like you to take a look at."

The Roman led Tobias away from the others for a bit of private conversation and he pulled out a strange looking object that he had apparently been carrying around. "I... don't know what this is exactly. Seemed to be a weapon of some sort, but I don't know how it works. Somewhat afraid to tinker much with it for fear I might blow my own head off my shoulders. Perhaps you can sort it out?"
Handy,Could you please describe that strange weapon I took from Pluto? Thanks. That is assuming I still have it.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"If you leave this cave, the passage to the right slopes up. The one in front is where the creatures came from the first time I was here and the one to the left is down to the sea."

Leonek takes hold of the door, lets out a deep sigh and nods at Story, slipping out as soon as he unlocks the door.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Make your reconnaissance quick Leonek." Story said as he pulled the lever, opening the TARDIS doors.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek smiles sparingly and slipped out, closed the door and looked around. He then slowly and quietly tried to make his way to the place where he hoped the knives were.

Return to “Episode 3”