Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
Cliff Base - Dunwich, England
3:05 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek and Chad rowed out towards the undersea cave in the smaller boat. The larger boat, carrying Story, Elizabeth, Lucius, Brook, and Tobias followed after them. The boats hugged the coastline along the base of the cliff, and it did not take them long to reach the spot where Leonek had made his first foray into the caverns. Once he pointed the entrance out, everyone could see it.
OOC,Everyone who is entering the water, please roll Swim at double your skill. Those of you wearing diving suits will merely sink to the bottom if you fail the roll, where you can walk along the sea floor, but you'll still be able to breathe just fine. [b]Brook[/b], however, doesn't have one. Anyone who's staying in the boats, please let me know that.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:14 am
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4351195/]Swim - 50% (1d100=9)[/url]

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:21 pm
by Thorn
Brook lets herself slide into the water, holding on to the boat untill she finds someone she can hitch a ride with.
Spoiler:
(Could someone please roll for me, Swim (double) 50 % )

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek lowers himself into the water and starts towards the cave.
Swim 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
As he passes the bigger boat, he takes Brook along.
Brook swim 50%,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:,Sorry about that, Thorn. Mr. H, since I rolled rather well, can I take Brook along and let her use my breather every now and then?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:00 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad gets into the water to swim toward the cave.
Roll,Swim (2x25%) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4351722/]24 pass[/url]

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:13 pm
by aine
Tobias checks that both boats are well anchored before jumping in. He has no problem swimming but decides to allow himself to sink to near the bottom (assuming it's not too deep) and swim along there whilst following the group. He checks his knife and switches on his torch if necessary to scan the sea bed as he goes.

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4351952/]Rolling Swim x 2 (50%) as leaving boat near caverns (1d100=22)[/url]

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius entered the water with a splash and managed to swim with ease. It felt odd being able to breathe while underwater, and he couldn't help imagining what a Roman legion could do with suits like these. Everyone seemed to be doing quite well except for Brook, who lost her grip on the edge of the boat and slipped underwater. She had been unable to take a breath beforehand, and when she tried to do so it was too late - a little water entered her lungs before Leonek and Lucius rescued her and took her back up to the surface. She coughed and spluttered, bedraggled, but she could at least breathe again.

Tobias scanned the seabed, but even with the help from the torch, the water was too murky to see much.
OOC,That was some great rolling for everyone except for [b]Brook[/b]'s roll, but fortunately the damage wasn't too bad. A successful First Aid roll will fix that, but it can't be tried while in the water. I rolled for [b]Lucius[/b], as his player hasn't posted in this game in a long time. He and [b]Leonek[/b] are strong enough that they can carry [b]Brook[/b] without having to roll. They can bring her into the cave, and she can hold her breath long enough to get inside, though she'll need to surface quickly once she does.

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:10 pm
by DrPeterson
Once Brook has been securely positioned between Lucius and himself, Leonek leads the others into the cave.

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:22 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad sees the trouble Brook has and backs off a little as Leonek and Lucius. As they recover the struggling Brook between them he follows behind them toward the cave.

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Leonek and Lucius carried Brook into the cave entrance, followed by Chad, Tobias, Story, and Elizabeth. The tunnel sloped gently upwards into a cavern where very little sunlight penetrated from behind, but their torches gave a good view once they surfaced. The tunnel opened up into a large, round chamber. Once he emerged from it, the water was only about two feet deep. It surrounded a raised dais of dry land in the middle, as if it were a moat. On the platform stood a rectangular altar made of obsidian with horns on its four corners. Three additional tunnels led out of this room. The one in the left wall and the one in the right wall both sloped downwards, where the water got deeper. There was another tunnel opposite the one through which they had entered. This one slanted upwards, rising out of the water.

On the dais stood two green, scaly creatures. One of them was eight or nine feet tall, and the other merely seven. Both of them wore long mesh vests that appeared to be made out of silver string. Their huge webbed hands ended in sharp claws, in which each of them carried a long spear and a weighted net. They had gills on their necks and large, bulging eyes, and they had features that seemed to be a combination of various aquatic and amphibian creatures. Elizabeth couldn't help but be reminded of the Gill-man from The Creature From the Black Lagoon, a movie she had seen not long before she had joined the TARDIS crew.

Brook had to surface immediately, as she was out of air. For a second she thought the big one was looking right at her, but it didn't seem to notice her yet. However, they wouldn't be able to miss the torchlight.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, so you'll lose no Sanity if you succeed but 1d6 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea. A success at that roll means you go temporarily insane, but a failure means you do not and may act freely.

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 am
by DrPeterson
Sanity:,[dice]0[/dice]

Leonek manages to keep his cool. He squeezes Brook's shoulder, trying to offer some comfort and signalling her to keep quiet.
OOC:,I'll wait to till we've had everyone's san check, there's bound to be some madness :)

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354002/]Sanity - 82% (1d100=95)[/url]
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354003/]Sanity Loss (1d6=2)[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:12 pm
by Thorn
Spoiler:
(I don't know how you roll dice here. Let me try: Brook sanity [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:12 pm
by aine
Tobias surfaces last, walking up the slope. He lifts his mask and peers round the others; he can't believe his eyes as he sees the two amphibious beasts. "What the..." He gasps breathlessly and flails randomly for his knife.
sanity roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354145/]1d100=57, 1d6=4[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:50 pm
by MikeTheMoose
roll,Sanity currently 30...77[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354386/]OMG It's full of fail[/url] Well how bad could it be? (6) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354391/]that bad huh?[/url] Well let's see if Chad has any bright ideas about the mythos...(16) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354396/]plenty of strange new ideas...[/url]
Chad emerges from the water, he spots the fish men, he had imagined what they might look like but upon seeing them, really seeing them, ideas start reeling through his head. Somehow things for a second become horribly and painfully clear he finally starts to understand the terrible truth behind the truth....

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:56 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, [b]Brook[/b], you did it correctly. :) [b]Chad[/b], you've also lost 20% of your current Sanity, so you'll go indefinitely insane once your temporary insanity wears off. The good news is that you won't lose any more Sanity from seeing these guys if you run into more of them, as you've already lost the maximum. The other good news is that you pick up 5 points of Cthulhu Mythos, and you can go ahead and roll that now if you like. [b]Lucius[/b] may roll as well, as he has some points in Cthulhu Mythos already. I just need Sanity rolls for him and [b]Elizabeth[/b] now.
Chad Engraham,[b]Chad[/b], for the next eight rounds you have echopraxia, which means you'll mimic other people's actions and do whatever they do. There are worse temporary insanities. Your indefinite insanity will be thalassophobia, fear of the sea. It will last for months, and will start once your temporary insanity wears off.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:53 am
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354531/]Rolling Sanity (stat 61%) on seeing sea creatures in cave (1d100=50)[/url]
Elizabeth surfaces, and swims towards where Brook is to try to help her. She is shocked by the creatures, but not unduly concerned. They almost remind her more of B-movie monsters than anything else.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius was starting to get used to seeing bizarre creatures, and he kept his fears in check.

"Did you see that?" asked the larger creature.

"What?" said the other. "I don't see anything."

"There's a sort of glow in the water."

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 am
by Thorn
Brook spots the creatures, but manages to keep her cool. Hoping the large one didn't see her yet, she takes a deep breath, and ducks underwater again, with a reassuring nod to Leonek.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm
by MikeTheMoose
roll,Mythos (5) , [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4355131/]good but not good enough.[/url] Would you let me know when my temporary insanity expires? It's kind of hard to keep track of rounds.
Chad gives a reassuring nod to Leonek just like Brook.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 am
by jaysun81
Story though disturbed by the sight of these strange humanoid creatures does a quick head count insuring everyone has surfaced before acknowledging Leonek's signal with a nod.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:42 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth stays as still and quiet as possible, going underwater again if she thinks that will help the creatures stop seeing her. She is relieved to see Brook looks ok.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:44 am
by DrPeterson

Leonek notices everyone nodding at him and doesn't feel comfortable at all. He quietly leans down to loosen the knife in its sheath and, with everyone's eyes apparently on him, he dims his torch.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:51 pm
by aine
Once over his initial shock, Tobias is fascinated by the creatures; they could be just what he's been looking for. He slides his knife out and sinks slowly back down into the water; he quietly makes his way over to Leonek.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad watches Leonek then quietly leans down to loosen the knife in its sheath just like Leonek.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius had no idea what these things were - other than trouble.

Story did a quick head count and saw that all seven of them were still gathered there.

"I still can't see it," said the smaller creature, squinting.

"Maybe it's electric eels," said the taller one.

"Doubt it. I've never seen them in these parts."

"I'll go check it out." The big one lumbered closer to where the group was assembled.
Chad Engraham,Yes, I'll keep track of it and let you know. One round has now elapsed, so there are seven more to go.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek slid the knife out of its sheath and readied himself. In the low light, his aim would have to be true, but the creature was large enough too miss. At least, that's what he hoped.

He communicated through hand gestures to Tobias and Lucius that should take care of the little one, while he waited for the big one to be in knife-throwing range.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:27 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad after observing Leonek slides his knife out of the sheath. He then signals to Tobias and Lucius with the same gestures Leonek gave.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius drew his dagger and crawled around the moat underwater, heading towards where the smaller creature stood.

The other one reached the edge of the moat where the rest of them were gathered and peered at the water. "There's definitely light," it said, "but I can't make out what's producing it." It was right in front of Brook. She didn't have a light, so it couldn't see her, but she could only hold her breath for so long.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], please roll Sneak if you wish to follow [b]Lucius[/b]. [b]Brook[/b], please roll CON x 10 to keep from having to come up for air.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:34 pm
by Thorn
Spoiler:
Conx10=60 Brook keeping her breath [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:36 pm
by Thorn
Feeling her lungs burn, Brook desperately tugs at the closest one wearing a mask, hoping to get a share of air.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 pm
by aine
sorry guys,sneak: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4361107/]1d100=98[/url]
Tobias sank down and started to swim underwater in the direction of the small creature, his bubbles breaking the surface every few seconds...

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Tobias followed close behind Lucius trying to be quiet, but his oxygen tank struck a rock outcropping with a loud thunk. Both of the creatures turned to look in his direction, just as Brook ran out of air and had to bob her head up. Fortunately for her, the larger monster hadn't seen her yet. The other one moved with incredible speed and tried to scoop up Tobias in its net. The irony of a fish trying to catch a man in the water with a net was dwarfed by the evident danger. However, it did not have a good enough fix on Tobias's location to trap him.

Lucius moved a little slower. He rose up out of the moat and lunged at the fishman with his dagger, stabbing it in the side, causing a significant wound.
OOC,We're in combat now. Everyone except [b]Lucius[/b] may now act before either of the creatures gets a chance.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:50 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek lets out a Polish expletive and throws his knife at the biggest creature.
Throw 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:,Awesome! Is that an impale? If so, does it do anything special? In case it isn't or doesn't, I'll roll my regular damage.
Damage 1d4+1d4,[dice]1[/dice]
Surprised by his accuracy, Leonek laughs and starts running towards the creature.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm
by aine
Tobias slashes out with his knife hoping to slice the net into useless ribbons before the creature can redeploy it.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:05 pm
by Mr. Handy
Leonek threw his knife with perfect accuracy, and it struck the monster square in the back. It staggered but did not fall.

Tobias slashed at the net, but the creature had started pulling it back, and blade missed by inches.
OOC,That was actually a critical hit rather than an impale, since you rolled a 5 or less. In this case, you do normal damage, but it bypasses the creature's armor. When throwing a weapon, you only get half the damage bonus, so that does a total of 6 damage. Now I just need actions for [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Brook[/b], and [b]Chad[/b].

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth pulls out her knife, ready to use it, but doesn't yet. Meanwhile she swims over to Brook to help the girl if need be.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:29 pm
by Thorn
Brook takes a deep breath, and treads water, then dives under again when things suddenly get violent. She tries to move in a direction away from the combat, but to where she can watch to see if they need help. She won't interfere before it's necessary, though, figuring it might do more harm than good.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:24 am
by jaysun81
Seeing that the fight has begun Story moves to get out of the water.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:59 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad sees Leonek throw his knife at the large creature, and feels compelled to follow suit. Chad throws his knife at the large creature just like Leonek.
Roll Throw (25%),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4365037/]Fail 51[/url]
His aim unfortunately is not nearly so good as Leonek's. He then proceeds to laugh and rush at the large monster.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:36 am
by Mr. Handy
The knife sailed past the monster and landed with a clatter on the island not far from where it stood. It then ran away before anyone else could take any further action, heading into the upward-sloping tunnel leading further back and shouting "Intruders!" The second creature followed shortly behind it.
Chad Engraham,One thing at a time, please. Throwing the knife was your action for the round, and the creatures had a chance to act before you could act again. Also, while you're insane, you may only do what at least one of the others has already done. You may choose who you copy, but someone else has to initiate it. If someone chases the creatures, you may do likewise. This ends the third round of your insanity, and five more remain.
OOC,We're out of combat now, and you may all act freely.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 am
by MikeTheMoose
OOC,sorry wasn't aware I was out of actions, :oops: however, I was keeping track of my insanity, Leonek's last action included laughing and running toward the monster :? I was just following him

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek lets out a curse that resounds even more than Chad's knife hitting the rocks.

"Quickly! After them! We can't lose the initiative!"

He drops his air tank and starts following the creatures, flicking his light on again before entering the tunnel.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:19 pm
by Thorn
Brook hauls herself out of the water and onto the rocky surface of the cave. Water dripping from her hair and dress, she turns to see if anyone needs help getting out. She coughs up some more water now that she's on "land" again. "If we get to the TARDIS, we're safe."

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 pm
by aine
Tobias hears Thorn and wades over to help her out of the water. "Let's hide these tanks somewhere above the high water mark for when we need to escape."

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Oops, sorry! :oops: I must have missed or forgotten about the end of [b]Leonek[/b]'s post.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth climbs out of the water as quickly as she can. Hearing Tobias's comment she removes her tank and prepares to stash it somewhere suitable. "Are you ok Brook?" she asks, with concern.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad follows suit with Leonek exclaiming "Quickly! After them! We can't lose the initiative!"

At which he drops his air tank and starts following Leonek.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Please let me know who is staying here for now and who is going with [b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Chad[/b] to chase the creatures.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:27 am
by aine
"You'll never catch them!" Tobias calls after Leonek and Chad as they disappear into the darkness. "Idiots! Those creatures know these caves I reckon, they'll easily outstrip the guys. I bet the creatures aren't expecting such a large group of us; maybe we can still surprise them - and rescue Leonek and Chad." He says to Storey and the women as he picks up the fallen tanks and stashes them behind a high rock.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods and hurries after Tobias.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:45 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at Brook insuring she's okay and then turns his attention to Tobias and says, "Agreed. For good or bad let us hope that the creatures think there is only two humans in the tunnels...that may give us the surprise we need."

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Happy to do whatever you think is best," says Elizabeth to Tobias.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:02 pm
by aine
"let's go then." Tobias starts slowly down the tunnel with his knife ready, wondering if they can get away without turning their torches on. "Have you any way of detecting where your tardis machine is?" He whispers to Storey.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
The central dais was flat except for the altar and devoid of rocks, but there were numerous rock outcroppings in the cavern walls near the surrounding moat, so everyone was able to stash their air tanks in the water by wedging them between the rocks. The group headed up the sloping tunnel. The water level dropped off, and soon the ground was dry. Everyone emerged into another round chamber, this one also with a tunnel exiting in each of the four cardinal directions. The one ahead continued to ascend, but the ones on the left and right were level. The two creatures fled down the tunnel to the left, from which a faint orange glow was visible.
Leonek Novak,The tunnel to the right was the dead end where the blue box was. [b]Leonek[/b] had never ventured down the other tunnels, but the creature that had nearly drowned [b]Salem[/b] had come out of the left tunnel, before which it had been talking to someone else.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen. Everyone but [b]Leonek[/b] (who has been here before), please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:37 pm
by jaysun81
Story briefly smiles and says, "Don't worry Tobias, we will find her...given enough time."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372707/]Listen - 34% (1d100=16)[/url]
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372711/]Spot Hidden - 28% (1d100=14)[/url]

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:55 pm
by Thorn
Spoiler:
Listen 45 % [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden 45 % [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:18 pm
by DrPeterson
Listen 45%,[dice]0[/dice]
Not hearing anything in particular, Leonek heads down the right passage.

"Your machine is at the end of this passage!Quickly!"

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Story,Now that [b]Story[/b] had emerged from the water, he saw drag marks leading up the slope and then around the corner to the passage on the right. They matched the dimensions of the TARDIS. He also heard a splashing sound from the cavern behind them, and he could hear one of the creatures from down the tunnel to the left saying: "Intruders in the caves, with knives!"
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] heard a splashing sound from the cavern behind them, and she could hear one of the creatures from down the tunnel to the left saying: "Intruders in the caves, with knives!"

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:34 am
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4372924/]Rolling Listen (stat 34%) and Spot Hidden (stat 38%) as making way into caves (1d100=14, 1d100=70)[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] heard a splashing sound from the cavern behind them, and she could hear one of the creatures from down the tunnel to the left saying: "Intruders in the caves, with knives!"

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:17 am
by jaysun81
Story glances to his companions as he heads towards the passage on the right and says, "Quickly they're coming! To the right. That's where the TARDIS is!"

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:11 pm
by Thorn
Brook hurries down the corridor where Leonek and Story says the TARDIS is at, spurred on by the sounds of pursuit.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:20 pm
by aine
rolls,Listen 25, spot hidden 25 [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4374586/]1d100=10, 1d100=59[/url]
Tobias hurries along the tunnel with the others and turns right when Storey says to.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:00 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods, and quickly follows Story.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:01 am
by MikeTheMoose
rolls,listen great [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4375889/]crit 1[/url] what about spot hidden? [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4375892/]BLAM 7[/url] now if I just wasn't insane

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Tobias Maddox,[b]Tobias[/b] heard a splashing sound from the cavern behind them, and he could hear one of the creatures from down the tunnel to the left saying: "Intruders in the caves, with knives!"
Chad Engraham,Now that [b]Chad[/b] had emerged from the water, he saw drag marks leading up the slope and then around the corner to the passage on the right. They matched the dimensions of the square depression that had been on the beach. He also heard a splashing sound from the cavern behind them, and he could hear one of the creatures from down the tunnel to the left saying: "Intruders in the caves, with knives!"
Everyone ran down the passage to the right, which opened up into another chamber. It was smaller than the other ones, and the walls were rougher and more irregular. In the center of the cave, a blue police box stood. The doors to the box were closed, and it looked barely large enough to hold four people, much less all seven of them. Story and his companions recognized it as the TARDIS.

Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Tobias,The splashing sound continued, following them up the sloping tunnel until it resolved into footsteps that entered the cavern they had just left. There seemed to be four feet, indicating either two creatures walking upright or one on all fours.
Chad Engraham,The splashing sound continued, following them up the sloping tunnel until it resolved into footsteps that entered the cavern they had just left. There seemed to be four feet, indicating either two creatures walking upright or one on all fours. He also heard more voices coming from the direction in which the first two creatures they had encountered had fled: "We should release [b]Rover[/b]," said a female voice. "He'll take care of the problem." "Very well," said an unfamiliar male voice. Then there was a distant rumbling sound from that direction, as of stone grinding on stone.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 am
by Thorn
Brook dashes up to the TARDIS, hurriedly fishing out the key from around her neck. "Quick! Everybody inside!" She tries to get the door open before whatever is following them catches up.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:26 pm
by DrPeterson
OOC,If Brook manages to open the TARDIS, [b]Leonek [/b]will escort everyone inside before entering. If she can't get it open, he'll run to the back where the knives and torches were stored when he visited the first to retrieve two more knives.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:02 pm
by aine
"We'll never squeeze in that!" Tobias wheels round to face the attackers with his knife while Thorn fiddles with the door behind him. "Watch out for nets! Be ready to separate if one gets thrown!"
ooc,I've always wanted to say that!

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:17 pm
by jaysun81
Story rushs over to Brook as she fiddles with her key. Upon hearing Tobias' comment in a moment of frustration as the creatures of barreling down on them he says, "There is indeed room! Now get inside if you wish to make it out of here alive!"

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook easily got the TARDIS doors open.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:17 am
by Thorn
Brook holds the door open into a large circular room, for everyone to enter. "Hurry! Get in!"

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 am
by DrPeterson
Ever the soldier, Leonek helps Brook push everyone inside, before going in himself.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 am
by yockenthwaite
"Yes, come in quickly," says Elizabeth to the non-TARDIS crew, as she hurries inside.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 pm
by jaysun81
Story quickly enters the TARDIS feeling quite relieved to once again be "home".

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 pm
by aine
Tobias squeezes in with everyone else.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Everyone hurried through the doors and piled into the TARDIS. Story, Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook were relieved to be back in familiar surroundings. To their shock, Chad, Leonek, and Tobias saw that there was plenty of room inside, which was clearly impossible. They found themselves in a large hexagonal space with roundels on the walls. The centerpiece was a hexagonal control console of some sort, which was studded with levers, dials, knobs, screens, indicators, and various other instruments. A large transparent column was in the middle of that. The open doors behind them no longer looked like the blue doors of a police box, but they matched the style of this room's walls. At the back of the room was a door, promising that this strange place was larger still.
OOC,[b]Chad[/b], [b]Leonek[/b], and [b]Tobias[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:43 am
by jaysun81
Story rushes forward to the console pushing the lever to close the door.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy
The doors closed.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am
by DrPeterson
Sanity 50%:,[dice]0[/dice]
Sanity damage 1d4,[dice]1[/dice]

Leonek ran in as one of the last people and stopped somewhere halfway between the door and the control panel, looking around with his mouth wide open.

"It's....uhm....it's..."

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 am
by Thorn
"Bigger on the inside, yes..." Brook finishes for Leonek. "Like a tent." After making sure the doors are locked, she turns to their new visitors. "It's allright. Just breathe."

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:30 pm
by aine
rolls,No IC so... 97 and 2
Tobias looks around in total shock. He looks back to the door. "No, that's totally impossible." He thinks back, surely the Tardis was standing with space all around it. "Have we just walked into a room? I'm sure it was just a box." He goes to touch the wall. "Not rock though." He says to himself. He gives the young girl a strange look.

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm
by jaysun81
Story smiles and then says, "Yes, yes...now just do as Brook said and breathe. We're quite safe. Nothing can get to us in here."

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:18 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek turns around, looking at the interior, then at the others, at the interior again and then at Story.

"Is it bigger or are we smaller? It would explain the capacity of your sonic probe, miniaturisation of this scale would allow you to generate an almost infinite capacity from any size of resonance chamber. But the energy needed to reduce a chamber capable of creating the kind of output you'd need to start the car with as you did would be immense, let alone what you'd need to shrink half a dozen people is so short an amount of time to fit them all into the same small police box, which means that either you have a power source of unheard of capacity or...or...or it IS bigger on the inside."

Leonek blinks, hearing himself say what he just spewed forth.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at Leonek and says, "No miniaturization my friend. The interior of the TARDIS merely in a separate dimension..." Makes a sweeping gesture towards the room with his hand "which is why she appears to be bigger on the inside." Smiles and then continues, "I suppose you could say we're in the cave but not in the cave."

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:58 am
by MikeTheMoose
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 am
by MikeTheMoose
OOC,oops that was for sanity and subsequent loss
Chad makes a sweeping gesture with his hand...."Which is why she looks bigger on the inside"

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:08 am
by yockenthwaite
"The TARDIS's space takes some getting used to," says Elizabeth to the newcomers, "but just try to relax, and don't worry about the science too much. Well that's how I cope anyway!" she says, laughing.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:29 am
by DrPeterson

"Merely in a separate dimension...", Chad's echolalia almost seemed contagious.

Leonek's mind seems to slowly kick into gear again.

"Doctor Kirby! We have to go help and pick up the others. Does this thing move?"

You can almost see him trying to get his around the dimensional thing.

"Or do we just walk through those doors and end up somewhere else?"

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:22 pm
by jaysun81
"Yes, yes the TARDIS moves. Give me a moment to see if I can locate the others using the sensors." Story looks down at the console and exhaling loudly as he reaches towards the sensor controls.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
Story,[b]Story[/b] could tell that there were other lifeforms nearby from the instrument readings, but it was hard to determine how many there were or what kind. One of them was very close, probably visible on the scanner if he were to open the monitor screen. He didn't know for certain where the others were right now, but they had left [b]Salem[/b] and [b]Raymond[/b] on the beach at [b]Horsham[/b]'s shack, and he knew approximately where that was. Unfortunately, getting there using the TARDIS was a very iffy proposition. He never was the best pilot, and short hops had always been especially difficult. [spoiler][b]Story[/b], if you want to try to use the TARDIS to get back to the beach, you may try a Pilot TARDIS roll. However, if you fail, you will not be able to control your destination and will effectively leave this adventure and head off for the next one - bringing your guests with you.[/spoiler]

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 am
by jaysun81
Story reached over and activate the view screen so that his companions and their guests can get a glimpse of what's happening right outside.

Running his hand through his hair he says, "Well...I'm afraid if I attempt to move us I may very well take us from this time and place which will definitely not help Dr. Kirby. Nor will our departure help Salem and Raymond." For a brief moment his hand hovers over a lever as if he is considering pulling it. However, after a moment he pulls his hand away and looks at the view screen before saying, "Now is the time to decide the future...shall we exit the TARDIS and quite possible die, though not necessarily, or stay safe and see where she takes us next? Hmmm. This time you all must decide..."

Story looks back at the lever and grabs hold of it. A thousand thoughts race through his mind but only one shine bright - the value of the human life. Does the needs of the many really outweigh the needs of the few? For once he stands torn as his knuckles turn white from the grip he has on the lever.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy
The screen slid open, revealing a view of the cave in front of the TARDIS and the tunnel through which they had entered it. A massive creature was standing in front of the TARDIS, sniffing at it. This thing resembled the other creatures somewhat, but it was a good twelve feet tall and had a face full of writhing tentacles, and it also had numerous slimy tentacles in addition to its arms that ended in vicious-looking claws. From the shape, it seemed vaguely female. The monster circled around the TARDIS, ending up back in front of it. It seemed to shrug before bending down on all fours and crawling through the tunnel and away, revealing a large dorsal fin on its back.
OOC,Everyone please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 1/1d8. [b]Chad[/b] and [b]Tobias[/b], you can lose no more than 4 Sanity for seeing the creature, so any loss of more than 4 counts as only 4. [b]Leonek[/b], you can lose no more than 5 Sanity. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea. If you fail, you may act normally. If you succeed, you go temporarily insane.
Chad Engraham,Your temporary insanity has now ended.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 am
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4378517/]Sanity - 80% (1d100=23)[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:09 am
by DrPeterson
Sanity 47%,[dice]0[/dice]
Sanity damage 1d8,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC,Added to the 3 I lost from seeing the inside of the TARDIS, I think Leonek goes a bit loopy.

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:18 am
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4378972/]Rolling Sanity (stat 61%) on seeing tentacle-y creature in cave outside TARDIS (1d100=97)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4378978/]Sanity loss after seeing tentacle-y creature in cave outside TARDIS (1d8=5)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4378990/]Rolling Idea (stat 65%) after sanity loss after seeing tentacle-y creature outside TARDIS (1d100=54)[/url] Ha ha!

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:54 am
by Thorn
Sanity roll (68): [dice]0[/dice]
Sanity loss if fail: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380502/]You flee in panic for the next ten rounds[/url]. You're not going out there, so the only way to go is through the interior door, further inside the TARDIS. Also, you gain 5 points of Cthulhu Mythos for going temporarily insane, and you may make a roll against that skill now as well.
OOC,I just need rolls for [b]Lucius[/b], [b]Chad[/b], and [b]Tobias[/b] now. Since [b]Lucius[/b]'s player hasn't posted in a long time, I'll roll for him if he doesn't return by the time the others have rolled.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:47 am
by yockenthwaite
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380578/]Rolling Cthulhu Mythos (stat 5%) after seeing tentacle-y thing outside TARDIS, and going rather insane (1d100=97)[/url]
Elizabeth reels with shock at seeing the creature. "What? What?" she gibbers, turning deathly pale. "I've got to get out of here!" she cries, looking first outside in panic, and then darting towards the TARDIS's interior door to run further inside the ship.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:54 am
by aine
sanity roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380879/]1d100=51, 1d8=5[/url]; idea [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4380883/]1d100=82[/url]
Tobias' eyes boggle at the creature; it looks like it'll find a way in somehow. "Just pull the damn lever man - get us outta here!" He screams and runs over to Storey.

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:42 pm
by Thorn
Brook grimaces seeing the creature on the monitor screen. "Ugh.....nasty...." She looks concerned after Elisabeth who's fleeing deeper into the TARDIS. "Elisabeth, it can't get us in here!"

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:31 am
by MikeTheMoose
roll sanity,Oh well. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381956/]37 fail[/url] How bad a fail? Well looks like I hit the cap [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381957/]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4381957/[/url] Better start embracing the crazy because Chad's going to be cuckoo for cocoa puffs in no time! :mrgreen:
Chad looks at the horrible creature and recoils. "That such creatures roam the deep!? One thing's for certain I'm not going back into that water! Period! I don't care anymore, I won't do it! A fine time to remember that your control of this device is a bit less than perfect Professor. The plan was, get here, cause a commotion, secure the conveyance. Check, check, check. Only to find out our pilot has a habit of getting lost while flying around. Like I said, I don't know whether we are getting out of here alive or dead, I just know my way isn't going back into that water." Chad clears the action of his Luger of any water or debris then re-holsters it. "So what's it going to be, roll the dice in here and if we lose go someplace strange, or roll the dice out there and if we lose we end up dead? Just so you all know, while I was out in the cave I got a good chance to listen to what was going on. A male and a female voice, saying they should release 'Rover' to take care of us. I think we just met Rover. Anyway we've got my Luger and a few clips, and maybe I can get a few shots off before we get overwhelmed, how many times do you think I have to hit it before it drops? Better yet where do I shoot it, that even hurts it? I figure I hit about half the time when I'm shooting under pressure. Well what do you all say? Given that things size some of us will likely get at least hurt bad and possibly dead, and if those other things come back and reinforce it could be a real problem, if there are more things than just those three that get involved the odds of any of of living drop way down..... It's a dice roll either way. And for my part, even if we get extremely lucky and kill everything down here, if there isn't another way back to the surface, I'm taking Professor Story's wild ride, because I sure won't swim out. "

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek looks from Chad to Elisabeth and then to Story.

"What? How do you mean? The plan was to come here and attract attention and then take your thing and go get the others."

He shakes his head and looks at the control panel.

"How can you not fly your own thing? Is it a dimensional thing? Or .., ah, I don't know, make it go to the others. We need to help Dr. Kirby now, you've got your machine back."

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius barely kept his fears in check. Creatures he could handle; it was magic that freaked him out. The apparent cowardice of Tobias and Chad offended his Roman sensibilities, and he frowned at them. "Are you both unmanned?" he said. "A woman is in peril, and we have to make sure she is safe. If it comes to a fight, I'm prepared, but who is to say it is necessary? We may be able to find a way around the creature without confronting it. If we merely wait long enough for them to search the caves, they may assume we have fled."

Elizabeth did not pay any attention to what Brook said, panic overriding her reason. She threw open the interior door and ran down a corridor with the same sort of roundels on its walls.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 pm
by aine
Tobias calms down, shakes his head and watches as the creature slimes off down the tunnel. "That seriously freaked me out; did you see it? Monsterous, man, it was huge. How many of those suckers are out there?" He leans on the control unit. "Rover? You reckon it was some kinda sick guard dog? Well, I'm not going out there will that thing prowling around, no sir. I don't reckon a regular bullet would do much to that body, you'd need a Raufoss or something explosive like a HEA-47 at least."
ooc,I've no idea what a Raufoss or a HEA-47 is but Tobias does. (surprisingly for an ordinary engineer ;) )

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:07 pm
by jaysun81
Story watches Elizabeth run into the inner areas of the TARDIS and he releases his grip on the lever and says, "Brook, Elizabeth will be okay, she just needs some time to come to grips." Looking at Leonek he says, "You're quite right Leonek we do need to help Dr. Kirby. I agree with Lucius let's wait a few minutes and then slip out. Hmmmm I wonder..." He then turns his attention back to the console as he moves to the spot where the sensors are located.
Mr. Handy,Is the TARDIS sensors able to be adjusted to detect the tunnel layouts? Like whether or not there's a surface exit/entrance?

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:52 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek seems relieved.

"Good! Do you have any weapons in here? If not, there was a crate of diving knives in the cave your tardy is in."

He starts readjusting the straps on his suit and walks towards the TARDIS door.

"I'll wait a few moments and then go out to check if the crate is still there. Then, whoever has any courage left is invited to join to go find the others and help rescue Dr. Kirby."

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:09 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad listens to Lucius and watches Leonek, shakes his head and clears his thoughts. "I didn't clear my gun because I thought I'd need it in here. I'm not unmanned, but neither am I unbrained...yet; Lucius I respect the bravado that says the only course of action is to run head long into danger, violence in your hands, attacking, smashing, and killing things until all that stands in your way is dead, dying or crying; and if you didn't die, you didn't try. But you missed my point entirely. Both routes have risks, chance, and both success and failure paths. Both failure paths involve NOT helping Dr. Kirby. Both success paths involve HELPING Dr. Kirby. One failure path involves all of us dying. Now unless that path can reasonably be assumed to have a markedly higher odds of success then it is clearly inferior. But we need to think and look at our situation and the circumstances. So let's start this way. Professor Story what are the odds you can land this thing back topside? Second, if this widget travels in time it MUST have a sensor package?"

"By the way what I said before about not going back into the water. Let me reiterate, I will NOT go back into that water. "

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Story,The scanners can't map the tunnels for you, but they can tell you that you're currently at sea level, and the clifftops overlooking the beach are a few dozen feet above sea level. That area roughly correpsonds to the abbey ruins you saw earlier.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:02 pm
by jaysun81
"Hmmmm...well, it appears as if we're current at sea level." Runs his right hand through his hair and looks at Chad and says, "If I remember correctly the clifftops that overlook the beach are only a few dozen feet above sea level...which seems to correspond to the abbey ruins. I don't think we need to worry about getting back into the water. Logically there must be a surface access." Turning to Leonek he says, "Whenever your ready to check the immediate area just give the word." Without looking Story's hand finds the door lever as he waits for Leonek's word.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm
by aine
Tobias has a good look at the control unit, running his hands along the lines and edges, not for the last time, he wishes desperately he still has his camera that was lost in the crash; he gives Chad a foul look, reckoning he'd be better as a politician than a pilot. He watches the central column glowing gently, "So, Mister Storey, what's your power source on this? Fusion? Fission?"

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:28 pm
by jaysun81
Keeping his hand on the door lever Story turning to look at Tobias and smiles before saying, "A black hole..."

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad scowls back at Tobias. Sure he's felt inadequate since the crash, like he had to prove he was useful since he blew the landing, killed the ground crew, and injured the whole team. He had one job and he blew it ...Maybe he has been compensating....But for a military unit the leadership has been positively chaotic, more like more like a bickering and banter one would expect from a gathering for a game of bridge than an elite military unit. "OK by my reckoning of what we've seen we need 5 people lethally armed and ready to kill in order to keep the odds on our side out there. They didn't release Rover to serve us tea and biscuits. Who's up for that challenge? Professor you never answered my first question. What do you think are the odds you can land this thing back topside?"

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm
by jaysun81
Rather annoyed that he has to admit this Story hesitantly tells Chad, "Slim...even in a calm relaxed state the odds are still against us. The TARDIS is a rather complicated, highly sensitive piece of Gallifreyan technology and such a small shift is quite hard to plot. Besides she can be very finicky. Looks around the room at everyone before looking back at Chad. "If I make the attempt you, Tobias, and Leonek have to truly be okay with the possibility of never returning to this particular time and place. Could the three of your handle that? It might just be better to scout the caverns before committing to what I'm suggestion may happen."

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Tobias," Lucius said abruptly, "could you come over here for a moment? I have something I would like you to take a look at."

The Roman led Tobias away from the others for a bit of private conversation and he pulled out a strange looking object that he had apparently been carrying around. "I... don't know what this is exactly. Seemed to be a weapon of some sort, but I don't know how it works. Somewhat afraid to tinker much with it for fear I might blow my own head off my shoulders. Perhaps you can sort it out?"
Handy,Could you please describe that strange weapon I took from Pluto? Thanks. That is assuming I still have it.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:46 pm
by DrPeterson
"If you leave this cave, the passage to the right slopes up. The one in front is where the creatures came from the first time I was here and the one to the left is down to the sea."

Leonek takes hold of the door, lets out a deep sigh and nods at Story, slipping out as soon as he unlocks the door.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 pm
by jaysun81
"Make your reconnaissance quick Leonek." Story said as he pulled the lever, opening the TARDIS doors.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:12 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek smiles sparingly and slipped out, closed the door and looked around. He then slowly and quietly tried to make his way to the place where he hoped the knives were.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius showed Tobias a black knob-like device that was small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. It had some unusual electrical wiring running through it. It looked like nothing he had ever seen before.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], please roll Electrical Repair to see what you can determine about the device.
Leonek stepped back out into the cave and found the daggers and the torches right where he had left them. There were still five of each. The lengths of rope were still there as well.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:53 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek straps a knife to his leg and quietly gathers up the gear.
Listen--Success,[dice]0[/dice]
Picking up a noise, he freezes suddenly.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Leonek Novak,[b]Leonek[/b] could barely hear a conversation in the next cave as he collected the equipment. "[b]Emilia[/b] has already searched storage, so they can't be in there," said a voice he recognized as belonging to [b]Kal'ee[/b]. "They must have fled up the stairs to the surface. You, go tell [b]Y'Hali[/b] what happened and that we need reinforcements here. You, head upstairs and guard the entrance. [b]Emilia[/b], can you guard the sea entrance? If anyone tries to come in, grab 'em." "Okay, Uncle [b]Kal'ee[/b]," said a strange, burbling female voice. "[b]Emilia[/b] like grab!" Splashing sounds came from ahead and to the left. "All right, [b]Agwa[/b]," said [b]Kal'ee[/b]. "Let's go put [b]Rover[/b] back in the pit."

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:10 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek crouched instinctively, listening intently for more movement.
Leonek thinking:   How many of these things are there?  
Once the noise has died away, he slowly and quietly crawls back to the TARDIS.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy
Leonek Novak,From the next cave, [b]Leonek[/b] heard footsteps moving off to the right and out of earshot. Other footsteps moved further away, followed by a squelching sound that faded into the distance.
Leonek returned to the TARDIS without incident, carrying four knives in sheathes, a box containing five torches, and some lengths of rope.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 am
by DrPeterson
"There's at least five of them and that Rover creature. They seem to be moving away from the cave with the crossroads. I think one is guarding the exit at the top and another one is guarding the sea exit."

He puts the gear on the floor and starts coiling a length of rope.

"They are getting reinforcements, so we'll have to move quickly."

He frowns, an unhappy look on his face.

"I'm not so sure you guys should come along with us. We may make it out, but if they do get reinforcements here, I don't think we can get you back in."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:54 am
by aine
Tobias looks at Storey unbelievingly: a black hole; surely nonsense. He wanders over to Lucius and takes the object, his eyes light up. He inspects it with a critical, and professional, eye. He looks up at Lucius, "Where did you get this?"
Handy,Electrical repair (50%), [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4388765/]1d100=36[/url]

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
"A station named Pluto, I believe. It was a strange place, barren... cold..." Lucius responded to Tobias. "These inhuman creatures... not even animal if I understood what was going on exactly... they used them quite effectively. I tried to figure it out on my own, but had no such luck. I've been holding on to it, thinking maybe I could smash it against the ground in a pinch, sacrifice myself to save the others. But if you can figure out how to make it work, you are welcome to use it."

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:53 pm
by jaysun81
Story nods at Leonek and says, "Very well, you're probably right and the last thing we want to do is to have to fight our way back in here." He then looks around at Leonek, Tobias, and Chad and says, "Good luck and God spend. Once you've departed I will attempt to make a micro jump so that we can assist you on the surface...however, don't count on us. It would be a miracle if I manage it." He smiles and then looks at his companions.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:10 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods at Story. "It's the only way to get the TARDIS out of these caves. What if we help you, try to get her to focus or something like that?"

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
Tobias Maddox,The device was clearly a weapon of some sort, and its technology level was defintely above anything available currently on Earth. It also was clearly alien in origin. It was designed to be held in a hand or other appendage with the flat end pointed at the target. It would emit a powerful electrical charge when fired. It was made to interface with the electrical nervous system of its wielder in order to generate the charge, but it was set up to work with an alien physiology. However, it did seem possible to rewire it so that a human might use it. [spoiler][b]Tobias[/b], if you want to try to rewire it, please make a second Electrical Repair roll.[/spoiler]

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 am
by jaysun81
Story turns to Brook and says, "I wish there was...once they've exited the TARDIS I'll just need as peaceful a situation as possible to attempt this. I suppose to use a human phrase you'll just have to wish me luck." He flashes a weak attempt at a happy smile and then looks away as worry clouds his face.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:58 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek gives a dagger to Chad and Tobias and straps the spare one to his free leg.

"We need to get moving soon. Are you ready?"

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:47 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad takes a dagger from Leonek, and puts it back into a sheath then readies his pistol. He looks up at Leonek and says "I take it you've got intel on an exit back to the surface? I'm ready."

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Overhearing this little bit, Lucius asked, "Would it help if the rest of us got off as well? I could... you know, go with the others, face near certain death and monstrous creatures that defy explanation like usual. Kind of getting used to it, really."

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek gives Chad a not to happy look.

"The only two exits I know of are the one we came in from and the one going up. Apart from knowing it is there, that's all the intel I have. I'm afraid we'll just have to trust our luck."

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 am
by aine
Tobias is absorbed in the object and looks up, distracted, when Leonek gives him a dagger. "Ur... right, thanks." To Lucius he says, "You were right to treat this with caution; it's a weapon and dangerous. It's not a grenade as you thought but uses an electrical charge, more of an emitter. I can see how it works but it'll need some modification - not long - to make it useable. Shall I do it?"

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 am
by DrPeterson
OOC:   Aine, don't think Leonek is going to smile as seductive as Caroline just because Tobias looks like Santiago now ;)  

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:30 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth continues to run further into the TARDIS, torn between the need to keep running away from that creature, and a wish just to curl up on the floor and cry.

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius said to Tobias, "Well, it's pretty useless to us the way it is. If you think it is safe to tinker with, you are free to do what you think you can to put it to our benefit. Seems we are in need for a little extra something, if you ask me." He pulled his trusty dagger and said, "All I have is this." After a moment's appreciative glance to his blade, he puts it back into its sheathe.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad replies to Leonek. "Well knowing for certain it's there is a big help. Got any idea how many we're facing?"

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 am
by aine
"I'll do my best." Tobias says to Lucius. He looks over at his team mates still planning so he asks Story, "Do you have a screwdriver I can borrow?"
OOC,Dr. Peterson: It's amazing what happens in the Tardis; suddenly whisked away to China, 1930's. :oops:

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 am
by DrPeterson
"At least five, at least one guarding the upper exit, at least one guarding the lower exit. I would actually recommend the lower exit, we'll be closer to the guys on the beach.", he shrugs, "but we'll be faster on the surface."

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:32 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad listens to Leonek's analysis and replies. "I've said it twice now, but I'll say it again. I'm not going back in the water. If you want to go that route I'll help you get there and fight the thing guarding it, but once that's done I'm coming back here."

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 pm
by DrPeterson
"Then we go up."

Leonek looks at Tobias.

"Are you ready?"

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth ran randomly through the TARDIS, passing through corridors, down some stairs, and by a swimming pool of all things. Fortunately, her flippers left wet splotches on the ground as she fled, which would make it easy to retrace her steps later.
Elizabeth Young,Five rounds have now passed, so you'll be running for five more.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Tobias[/b] now have two knives each, and [b]Chad[/b] now has one. [b]Tobias[/b] still had one from before, so there's an extra knife for whoever wants it. [b]Tobias[/b], the tools you need are available in the console room, so feel free to go ahead and make your roll assuming [b]Story[/b] will lend them to you.

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:31 am
by ImpInTraining
To Tobias, Lucius says "Use it in good health, it's yours." He says to the others, "I'll go check on Elizabeth to make sure she's all right." He follows the wet tracks.

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 am
by jaysun81
Story points down at the toolbox under the console and says, "You'll find whatever tool you might need in the box Tobias."

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:20 pm
by Thorn
Brook stands by the console, looking from Lucius to Story. "I'm….I'm not sure I want to go back out there….Not only because of those creatures, but if you can't get the TARDIS outside without disappearing to a completely different time and place, I don't wanna be left behind…I mean..I wanna help the woman, but I can't fight those things. The best help I'd be is as cannon fodder."

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:29 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth continues to run through the TARDIS.

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm
by aine
Tobias walks over to the tool box and selects some tools. He is totally absorbed in his work, fascinated by the new technology. "Er you carry on." He mumbles to Leonek, not really listening as the objectis more complicated than he first thought. "I need a bit more time but I'll follow you soon as I'm done." And he continues to work carefully through the innards of the gadget.

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth continued to run, not really caring where she was going. Eventually she reached a lovely garden with a stone bench in the middle of it. It was very serene and peaceful here, and she at last felt safe.

Lucius began to trace Elizabeth's steps, and before long he had gotten as far as the swimming pool, which reminded him vaguely of the Roman baths.
Elizabeth Young,You are no longer insane.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], you may roll again. This attempt will take an additional ten rounds. Everyone may roll Idea.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:24 am
by jaysun81
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4398460/]Idea - 65% (1d100=45)[/url]

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Story,It should be possible for people who are strong enough to carry - or at least to drag - the TARDIS. That is, after all, how it ended up here in the first place. It would be slow going, but it could be done.

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:25 am
by DrPeterson
Idea 90%,[dice]0[/dice]

Leonek doesn't look too happy with Tobias's answer, but he doesn't have the rank to do anything about it.

He puts his hand on the door handle and looks at Chad with a shrug.

"Are you ready?"

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth sits down on the stone bench, glad to find somewhere to rest. She realises that she was terrified by the thing she saw on the scanner, and fled in terror from the console room. She knows that she must return there, to the others, but takes a few minutes to recover her composure.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:57 am
by MikeTheMoose
Char looks at Leonek seemingly frustrated at the fiddling with the device or gun or whatever, and suddenly... "Wait Leonek, I've got an
Idea,Idea 65 [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4399771/]61 Success![/url]

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius kept following Elizabeth's trail, arriving at the garden where she sat just as she finished recovering.
Chad Engraham/Leonek Novak,It should be possible for people who are strong enough to carry - or at least to drag - the TARDIS. That is, after all, how it ended up here in the first place. It would be slow going, but it could be done.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek looks at Chad, an incredulous look on his face.

"You're not thinking about dragging this thing out, are you? We'd be very slow going and if those reinforcements show up..."

He shrugs.

"You're the senior officer, it's your call."

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 pm
by aine
Tobias works diligently with obvious relish, oblivious to everything around him; finally he's found something worth investigating.
Handy,Electrical/Mech (50%) Idea (60%) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4401339/]1d100=17, 1d100=37[/url]

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:20 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad responds to Leonek "No, you're right, without the ability to reliably pilot it, it's as useless topside as it is here. A handy place to hide but not much else."
OOC,Help Keeper!? :o Am I really in charge here? I was operating under the assumption that I was [i]not [/i]the ranking officer.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Tobias Maddox,Before long, [b]Tobias[/b] managed to rewire the weapon so that he (or any other human) should be able to fire it, at least in theory. However, this was alien technology, so there was no predicting what else his modifications would do when he tried to use it.
OOC,[b]Story[/b] is in charge inside the TARDIS, technically, but [b]Chad[/b], you are the ranking UNIT person here as a Flight Lieutenant. [b]Salem[/b] outranks you, but he's not here, and [b]Raymond[/b], who is with him, is in overall charge of the mission. [b]Leonek[/b] is a private, and [b]Tobias[/b], a civilian, is [b]Raymond[/b]'s assistant.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:17 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad belatedly realizing he was in charge. "Tobias what's the prognosis on that gizmo?! We can't afford to be a man down."

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth looks up as Lucius arrives and smiles, weakly. "I'm sorry I ran away. I feel better now. Thank you for coming to find me. Shall we go back to the console room? What has been happening?"

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius smiles to Elizabeth, "I was worried about you. You looked quite shocked. I'm glad you're feeling better now." He offers her an arm and starts leading her back the way they came, "This place is quite big. I'm always surprised about what I find down here. Thankfully, your wet footprints left me a trail to follow."

As they started walking back, he answered her question, "I believe Story is doing some calculations to try to relocate the TARDIS without going somewhere, sometime else completely... and I left Tobias trying to fix the gadget I took from the creature at Pluto base. I figured if he could get it to work, perhaps we might have an upper hand against these creatures outside."

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:23 pm
by yockenthwaite
"That sounds hopeful," says Elizabeth as they walk. "I imagine Story's calculations might be quite difficult though. Fingers crossed they work. And well done you for remembering that device you got. Perhaps it can help too."

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:57 pm
by jaysun81
"Drag the TARDIS?!?! You've got to be kidding me." says Story as he looks over at the Chad. "I don't doubt that it could be done. I mean it was obviously drug here. However, it will be slow and I would imagine quite noisy...all the grunting and such. That said, we would have a safe place to retreat to if the creatures attacked." Runs his hand through his hair. "Though if we're forced to retreat into the TARDIS you guys might as well settle in for the journey of a lifetime because we will not be able to exit her again...at least not down here. I would imagine the creatures would begin to keep a very close eye on us."

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 am
by DrPeterson
"Yes, he is right.", Leonek agrees with Story. "We either leave now and still have a chance to get out before they bring up their reinforcements or we stay with these people and see where we end up."

He looks at Story, his interesting contraption and his fascinating companion and then thinks of the only real friend he ever had at UNIT.

In a low voice, he says:

"We really should go back for Dr. Kirby."

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:54 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius nodded curtly to Elizabeth, "Thank you. I'm just disappointed that I could not get it to work on my own. It is somewhat relieving that he has to modify it to get it to work for him." On their way, Lucius asked, "Do you remember what you saw outside... before you ran off?" He was concerned that she might not be able to hold it together if they ran into the creature again. Frankly, he was surprised he hadn't gone running off with her in search for their fleeting sanity.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Yes," nods Elizabeth to Lucius. "And while I don't want to see it again, I think I'll be ok if I do. It just shook me a lot, and took some getting used to. I don't think I'll run off again. Well I hope not!" she says, grinning, recovering more of her usual composure.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:45 am
by Thorn
Brook looks at Leonek, Chad and Tobias. "I wish I could help in any way, I'm just not sure how."

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:33 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek shakes his head.

"Thank you. But if you come with us, the chances of you being able to come back to your friends are non-existent."

He looks at Chad, eyeing him in an "it's now or never"-way.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
Elizabth and Lucius returned to the console room.

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:50 am
by aine
Tobias puts the tools away and hefts the gadget in his hand, thoughtfully. It wouldn't be safe to test it in the confines of the Tardis, no matter how spacious it seemed to be. He looks up and focuses back on his Boss and the UNIT team. "Okay, I'm ready, what's the plan?"

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:02 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad looks at Tobias, and in a hurridly manner explains. " We''ve finished our objective here, now, we've got intel on a topside exit, we go out, find that exit and try and rendevous with the rescue group and extract using opportunistic means. Otherwise were stuck. Assume all contact is hostile. Don't let anyone get away and raise an alarm. Ready? Leonek you had the last look, you take point"

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius asked Story, "Are we helping or running?" He was pretty straight forward when it came to his observations, and he wasn't really opposed to running when it came to fighting inhuman entities.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek nodded at the command, took a deep breath, one hand on the door handle, one on the knife on his belt, and opened the door.

He slipped out quickly, making his way to the mouth of the tunnel and peering into the darkness, listening intently.
Spot Hidden-nope,[dice]0[/dice]
Listen-success,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:17 pm
by aine
Tobias nods and prepares to leave. "Well, Mr Storey, Ms Thorn, Miss Elizabeth; I hope we meet you all again soon above ground. Lucius, I'll let you know how I get on with the gadget, with any luck not blowing my own hand off!"

He follows his team mates to the entrance and steps outside.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 pm
by Thorn
"Good luck!" Brook says, watching them leave, giving what she hopes is an encouraging smile. After they're out she looks to Story. "I don't remember anything from history class about fishmonsters in Dunwich, or fishy world domination. Does that mean this ends here, or can history change because we've been here?"

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:40 pm
by jaysun81
As Story turns to Lucius he says, "I suppose we run..." He pats the console and continues, "unless she decides it's not time." He then takes a moment to watch Leonek, Tobias, and Chad before returning his attention to the console. Upon hearing Brook's question he looks up and smiles at her and says, "Perhaps we should hope for the best. Time travel can be quite tricky, and I don't think we did anything that would contaminate the time stream that much...of course there is the whole butterfly effect." Story glances over at Lucius for a second and then looks back at the console as he cracks his knuckles ready to roll the dice and see if he can pull off a miracle.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius asked, "Are you proposing this machine has a will of its own?" The idea of such a thing was something he hadn't even fathomed. Machines with intellect... perhaps. Programmed to do their task... but all based on the will of the programmer. Why would the TARDIS be any different?

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:18 pm
by jaysun81
Story smiles and says, "Sometimes it seems that way my friend."

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Well let's see what happens," says Elizabeth, smiling to Story.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius lifted an eyebrow, "Like it's ... alive? If you truly believe that, have you... have you tried talking to it?"

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 pm
by jaysun81
As he finishes pushing some buttons, as well as closing the door, Story looks at Lucius and smiles before saying, "I talk to her all the time." Looking at the console he gentle pats it and speaking to it says, "Don't fail me now old girl." He then places his hand on the dematerialization lever. He hesitates in pulling it as he looks around the room at his companions and exhales deeply.

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods to Story encouragingly, and crosses her fingers.

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am
by aine
OOC,Are the UNIT team moving to a different thread or do we continue posting here?

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius lifted an eyebrow high as he said, "Wait ... all this time, I figured you were operating it...directing it where to go. What are you doing with all the buttons and levers if you aren't in control? Wishful thinking? Can anyone take a crack at it, sling some petty compliments its way, and hope for the best?"

More and more, this whole TARDIS thing was starting to look a lot like magic... which he had a real problem with.

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:56 am
by jaysun81
Story smiles at his companions confusion and says, "Lucius...I do my best but sometimes I don't do it right and so it seems as if the TARDIS has a mind of its own. Of course, it does always seem to get us in trouble when we land and that can't just be a coincidence. Mind you not anyone can operate her. Have no fear my friend the TARDIS is very much a machine for our travels. Don't worry...I don't."

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 pm
by Thorn
Brook strokes the interior of the Tardis and smiles.

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius frowned and headed out of the room, down the maze of corridors within the TARDIS. Perhaps he could find a better answer within.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius headed back into the corridors, past his own rooms and those of the other travelers. He didn't really know his way around beyond that, though he now knew the route back to the swimming pool and the garden he had found earlier.

Chad, Leonek, and Tobias were now in the cavern in which the TARDIS stood. The only other exit led back to that central cavern, which looked and sounded clear at this time.
OOC,For now the UNIT people will stay in the same thread. I'm waiting for [b]Story[/b] before I split the thread, because first I need to know where the TARDIS will end up going.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:38 am
by aine

Tobias prowls round the tardis feeling it with his hand. "It really does look just like an old English police box. Unbelievable technology. Nobody will believe me though." He sighs and turns to Leonek. "What's the plan then - we heading up? If so, I'll follow you military guys."

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek shrugs as he leans against the cave wall, peering into the darkness.

"We head up and try to regroup with the others at the beach and then try to find out if we can support the extraction of Dr. Kirby."

He nods appreciatively as he sees Tobias look at the TARDIS.

"I'm glad you're with us, Tobias, even though you don't have to."

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:20 pm
by jaysun81
Story grabs the lever and as he pulls it he says, "Brace yourselves...here goes nothing."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4418387/]Pilot TARDIS - 20% (1d100=95)[/url]

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:46 am
by yockenthwaite
On hearing Story's words Elizabeth grabs for the first available fixed thing to grip on to, and tries to prepare for whatever might happen.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:31 pm
by ImpInTraining
Lucius headed for the baths - familiar territory, a good place to start. He kept his eyes open for a small bit of coal or chalk ... something to mark the walls with so he could keep track of his path. Once he had that, he would set about exploring the TARDIS corridors systematically. "How big could it be?" he wondered to himself, hoping the ship wouldn't take it as a challenge of some sort.

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:34 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Lucius[/b], and [b]Brook[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Onward Journey
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Fish or Cut Bait