IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius showed Tobias a black knob-like device that was small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. It had some unusual electrical wiring running through it. It looked like nothing he had ever seen before.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], please roll Electrical Repair to see what you can determine about the device.
Leonek stepped back out into the cave and found the daggers and the torches right where he had left them. There were still five of each. The lengths of rope were still there as well.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek straps a knife to his leg and quietly gathers up the gear.
Listen--Success,[dice]0[/dice]
Picking up a noise, he freezes suddenly.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek Novak,[b]Leonek[/b] could barely hear a conversation in the next cave as he collected the equipment. "[b]Emilia[/b] has already searched storage, so they can't be in there," said a voice he recognized as belonging to [b]Kal'ee[/b]. "They must have fled up the stairs to the surface. You, go tell [b]Y'Hali[/b] what happened and that we need reinforcements here. You, head upstairs and guard the entrance. [b]Emilia[/b], can you guard the sea entrance? If anyone tries to come in, grab 'em." "Okay, Uncle [b]Kal'ee[/b]," said a strange, burbling female voice. "[b]Emilia[/b] like grab!" Splashing sounds came from ahead and to the left. "All right, [b]Agwa[/b]," said [b]Kal'ee[/b]. "Let's go put [b]Rover[/b] back in the pit."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek crouched instinctively, listening intently for more movement.
Leonek thinking:   How many of these things are there?  
Once the noise has died away, he slowly and quietly crawls back to the TARDIS.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek Novak,From the next cave, [b]Leonek[/b] heard footsteps moving off to the right and out of earshot. Other footsteps moved further away, followed by a squelching sound that faded into the distance.
Leonek returned to the TARDIS without incident, carrying four knives in sheathes, a box containing five torches, and some lengths of rope.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"There's at least five of them and that Rover creature. They seem to be moving away from the cave with the crossroads. I think one is guarding the exit at the top and another one is guarding the sea exit."

He puts the gear on the floor and starts coiling a length of rope.

"They are getting reinforcements, so we'll have to move quickly."

He frowns, an unhappy look on his face.

"I'm not so sure you guys should come along with us. We may make it out, but if they do get reinforcements here, I don't think we can get you back in."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias looks at Storey unbelievingly: a black hole; surely nonsense. He wanders over to Lucius and takes the object, his eyes light up. He inspects it with a critical, and professional, eye. He looks up at Lucius, "Where did you get this?"
Handy,Electrical repair (50%), [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4388765/]1d100=36[/url]
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"A station named Pluto, I believe. It was a strange place, barren... cold..." Lucius responded to Tobias. "These inhuman creatures... not even animal if I understood what was going on exactly... they used them quite effectively. I tried to figure it out on my own, but had no such luck. I've been holding on to it, thinking maybe I could smash it against the ground in a pinch, sacrifice myself to save the others. But if you can figure out how to make it work, you are welcome to use it."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods at Leonek and says, "Very well, you're probably right and the last thing we want to do is to have to fight our way back in here." He then looks around at Leonek, Tobias, and Chad and says, "Good luck and God spend. Once you've departed I will attempt to make a micro jump so that we can assist you on the surface...however, don't count on us. It would be a miracle if I manage it." He smiles and then looks at his companions.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods at Story. "It's the only way to get the TARDIS out of these caves. What if we help you, try to get her to focus or something like that?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias Maddox,The device was clearly a weapon of some sort, and its technology level was defintely above anything available currently on Earth. It also was clearly alien in origin. It was designed to be held in a hand or other appendage with the flat end pointed at the target. It would emit a powerful electrical charge when fired. It was made to interface with the electrical nervous system of its wielder in order to generate the charge, but it was set up to work with an alien physiology. However, it did seem possible to rewire it so that a human might use it. [spoiler][b]Tobias[/b], if you want to try to rewire it, please make a second Electrical Repair roll.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story turns to Brook and says, "I wish there was...once they've exited the TARDIS I'll just need as peaceful a situation as possible to attempt this. I suppose to use a human phrase you'll just have to wish me luck." He flashes a weak attempt at a happy smile and then looks away as worry clouds his face.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek gives a dagger to Chad and Tobias and straps the spare one to his free leg.

"We need to get moving soon. Are you ready?"
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad takes a dagger from Leonek, and puts it back into a sheath then readies his pistol. He looks up at Leonek and says "I take it you've got intel on an exit back to the surface? I'm ready."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Overhearing this little bit, Lucius asked, "Would it help if the rest of us got off as well? I could... you know, go with the others, face near certain death and monstrous creatures that defy explanation like usual. Kind of getting used to it, really."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek gives Chad a not to happy look.

"The only two exits I know of are the one we came in from and the one going up. Apart from knowing it is there, that's all the intel I have. I'm afraid we'll just have to trust our luck."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias is absorbed in the object and looks up, distracted, when Leonek gives him a dagger. "Ur... right, thanks." To Lucius he says, "You were right to treat this with caution; it's a weapon and dangerous. It's not a grenade as you thought but uses an electrical charge, more of an emitter. I can see how it works but it'll need some modification - not long - to make it useable. Shall I do it?"
Last edited by aine on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC:   Aine, don't think Leonek is going to smile as seductive as Caroline just because Tobias looks like Santiago now ;)  
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth continues to run further into the TARDIS, torn between the need to keep running away from that creature, and a wish just to curl up on the floor and cry.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius said to Tobias, "Well, it's pretty useless to us the way it is. If you think it is safe to tinker with, you are free to do what you think you can to put it to our benefit. Seems we are in need for a little extra something, if you ask me." He pulled his trusty dagger and said, "All I have is this." After a moment's appreciative glance to his blade, he puts it back into its sheathe.

Return to “Episode 3”