Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-The Prisoner(Raymond MacIntyre/Salem Shields)

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:26 pm
by Mr. Handy

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
3:05 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Raymond MacIntyre stood watch outside Horsham's shack, looking out to sea as the two boats rowed off towards the undersea cave. Inside the shack, Horsham, tied to a support post, watched Salem Shields.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Prisoner(Raymond MacIntyre/Salem Shields)

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem lets out a long sigh, "I forgot to ask for the car keys from Leonek." Salem turns to Raymond, "You don't happen to have the car keys, do you?"

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy
"No, I think they must have been lost when the boat got overturned," said Raymond. "They were able to jimmy the lock and use that sonic screwdriver device to start the motor. We've left the door unlocked and the motor running, seeing as we don't have the keys."

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:32 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Oh, that's right." Salem heads out to the door, "Keep an eye on our new friend, I gotta grab a few things from the car," Salem exit's Horsham's shack.

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy
Raymond ducked inside the shack while Salem went out to the Land Rover, where he found his portable pathology lab.

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:22 am
by DetectiveSocks
Returning back with his lab equipment, Salem finds an empty counter and places his equipment down. Without turning towards Horsham, "How did you end up looking like this? Eat some bad fish?" as Salem prepares his lab.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Raymond went back outside to keep watch.

"Mock all you want," said Horsham. "There ain't nothing wrong with me."

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:32 am
by DetectiveSocks
With the pathology set ready, Salem sets out a few small flasks and beakers across the counter, including a handful of medical supplies. Salem took out a hypodermic needle, and approached Horsham, "Be a good sport." Salem puts the gag back into Horsham's mouth, and inserts the needle into his arm, drawing blood.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
"Mph!" protested Horsham through the gag as Salem drew his blood.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], you may now roll Biology.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 am
by DetectiveSocks
Drawing the blood from Horsham, Salem proceeds to his pathology lab and begins testing.
Biology 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4354798/]Success 37%[/url]

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy
It took a while, but Salem was able to analyze the blood sample. Horsham appeared to be largely human, yet there were some strange indicators in his cells. Unusual proteins were embedded in them that were more indicative of a fish. It was hard to judge without taking more samples from others with his condition, but Horsham appeared to be a hybrid creature: part human, part something else. This was not likely due to any disease or mutation, but some sort of hereditary condition, and the "something else" seemed to be genetically dominant.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:55 am
by DetectiveSocks
"This is... this is quite fascinating! I never seen anything like this," looking underneath the microscope, Salem calmly gets up from his chair and looks for Raymond, "Ray, see anything?"
OOC,How much time has elapsed?

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 am
by Mr. Handy
"No, nothing!" called Raymond from outside. "It's quiet out here."

About half an hour had passed.

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:14 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Thanks Ray, keep your eyes peeled." Salem walks back over to Horsham, "So Horsham, tell me about the Lake family and their manor?" as Salem pulls up a chair and props against it.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 am
by Mr. Handy
"Will do," called Raymond from outside.

Horsham gave Salem a defiant look and said nothing.

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem gave out a sigh, as he wished he had something more to do to kill time. Salem proceeds to close the shutters/blinds of the windows of the shack.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Raymond MacIntyre,[b]Raymond[/b] turned back to the sea after watching [b]Salem[/b] close the windows, just in time to see a monstrosity emerging from it! The thing was seven feet tall and bulging with muscles, covered in green scales and wearing a long silver string vest. It carried a long spear in one huge claw and a weighted net in the other. However, he had seen numerous alien creatures during his travels and adventures, and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4361429/]he was not startled[/url]. He raised his pistol and fired, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4361433/]the shot was very wide[/url]. The creature moved incredibly fast, clearing the distance before he had a chance to fire again. It [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4361437/]ran him through[/url], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4361439/]opening a large gash in his side[/url]. [b]Raymond[/b] screamed in agony!
Salem did not have to wait long. A single gunshot came from outside, followed shortly by Raymond's agonized scream!

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 am
by DetectiveSocks
In the sudden instance of the gunshot, Salem crouched down and headed to the window and takes a peek.

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
Salem cracked open the shutter and peeked outside, where his gaze fell on a horrifc sight. Raymond, standing near the shore, had a gaping wound in his side, and another of those monsters, this one about seven feet tall but rippling with muscles, loomed over him. This one carried a bloody spear in one huge claw and a weighted net in the other. Desperately, Raymond fired twice in rapid succession. The first shot barely missed, but the second just winged it. However, the bullet struck it in the kidney, and it collapsed on the beach.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing it. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea. If you fail the Idea roll, you do not go insane and may still act freely, but if you succeed, then you will go temporarily insane.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 am
by DetectiveSocks
Rendered speechless, Salem involuntarily stares out into the window in shock.
Sanity 60%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4363118/]Failure 63%[/url][url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4363119/]Sanity Loss = 6[/url]

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Idea. If you fail the roll, you may act freely. You only go temporarily insane if you succeed at it. If that happens, you'll also gain 5 points in Cthulhu Mythos, and you can roll against that immediately.

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:52 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Idea Roll 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4365226/]Fumble 100%[/url]
OOC,What do you mean I can roll again my [i]Cthulhu Mythos[/i]?

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,If you had gone insane, you would have gained 5 points in your Cthulhu Mythos skill automatically. You would then have been able to roll against that skill to see what you could tell about the creature. However, since you failed the Idea roll, you do not go insane and are free to act.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:01 am
by DetectiveSocks
In that brief moment of panic, Salem suddenly regained awareness of the situation and rushes out the door to aid Raymond.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Raymond slumped against the side of the Land Rover as Salem rushed out to help him. "Thank you, Doctor," he said through gritted teeth. "That...creature came out of the sea and stabbed me with its spear. Moved so fast I could barely react."
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], you may roll either First Aid or Medicine to help him (your choice). If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP he recovers.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:50 am
by DetectiveSocks
As Salem patches up Raymond, he looks over to the dead humanoid monster in awe, wondering how this thing could exist. Or if this thing was once human before.
First Aid 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4370497/]Failure 91%[/url]
Medicine 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4370506/]Success 79%[/url]
Healing,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4370519/]2 Points[/url]

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy
After a few minutes, Salem managed to stop the bleeding and clean and bandage Raymond's wound. "Ah, much better," he said. "Thought I was a goner for a minute back there."

Examining the creature, Salem could see that it was not dead, merely unconscious. Its chest was slowly rising and falling.

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:44 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,Do I have enough ropes or chains to tie this creature up?

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,There is a large net that the creature dropped when it went down. That should do the trick nicely.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Looking over at the creature, Salem shakes Raymond as he gestures over at the creature, still breathing. "Ray! Undo your belt quickly!" as Salem unfasten his belt in great fervour motion. Approaching towards the creature, Salem does his best to tie the creature's hands behind his back, and he motions Raymond to bind his feet together. Afterwards, Salem envelops the creature in the net.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 am
by Mr. Handy
In a minute, Raymond and Salem had the creature securely bound and trapped in the net. "A live specimen..." said Raymond. "This is quite a coup. Perhaps we should take it back with us. We can probably load it into the back of the Land Rover."
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], if you wish to try this, please make a Resistance Table roll pitting your combined STR total of 24 against the creature's SIZ of 16. This gives you a 90% chance.

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Good idea Ray, help me move the this thing into the trunk," as Salem attempts to lift the creature with Raymond.

[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,[i]InvisibleCastle[/i] is down :cry:

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
The Land Rover had no trunk, and the creature probably wouldn't have fit in one even if it had been there, but Raymond and Salem managed to lie it across the back row of seats.

"I don't think it's safe for us to stay here," said Raymond, looking nervously at the sea.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem begins to tense up as well, "Anywhere here is not safe, but eventually the folks are gonna start looking around for their missing friends. We'll stand our ground and wait for the rest of the team to regroup." Salem walks back to the shack to check up on Horsham.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
When Salem entered the shack again, he saw Horsham struggling with the ropes. He had nearly managed to free himself.

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Oh boy, what are we gonna do with you?" pulling the knife out of his sheath up to Horsham's throat, "You have no idea how easy it is, to cut up loose ends here," his temper rises but Salem holds himself back. Salem looks towards his lab equipment and wonders if he could concoct some sort of sedative cocktail.
OOC,Could I possibly use [b]Pharmacy[/b] skill to make some sort of sedative for both [b]Horsham[/b] and the creature in the car?

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Horsham froze and stopped struggling with the ropes when Salem held the blade to his throat.
OOC,Yes, please roll Pharmacy.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am
by DetectiveSocks
Glancing behind his back at Horsham, Salem prepares the sedatives in a rush. However, the anxiety getting the better of him, as he accidentally botches the sedatives and throws the refuse away. Without no communication to keep in base with the rest of the team, the silent tension around Salem is getting to him. "Spot anything?" Salem addressing Raymond, as he goes over to a phone to dial HQ.
Pharmacy 61%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4384856/]Failure 77%[/url]

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"Nothing yet," said Raymond, still looking out to sea.

Salem picked up the phone on the counter. The operator helped him place a trunk call to UNIT HQ in London, and within a minute he was connected to the Brigadier.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:00 am
by DetectiveSocks
"This is Captain Shield keeping touch with HQ. We encountered hostiles that are.." Salem gave pause, "Nothing from this world at all. One of the local populace expressed aggression against us. We believe Dr.Kirby is held at the Lake Manor Estate and so we sent Webb and Soames to infiltrate." Salem twirled the phone line with his finger as he glances around the perimeter, "We've also met friendlies here as well. I'm still not quite sure who they are or their motive, but they're acquainted with Dr.Kirby I believe."

Salem gave pause again on the phone, but was afraid to ask this next question, "Sir, if hostile intent does come from the local populace, what is our rules of engagement?"

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
"Understood, Captain," said Brigadier Crichton. "Try to avoid conflict with the locals if you can, but you can deal with any hostile locals who are a threat to you as you see fit. Just make sure no innocents are harmed in the crossfire. Once Dr. Kirby is free, everyone should make their way back to HQ. Is there anything else?"

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:35 am
by DetectiveSocks
"I copy Brigadier. Listen, I actually have two captive enemies here and one of them displays severe genetic mutation, to the point where he's not even human anymore. However the man is wounded. I know it's asking a lot, but is there some sort of naval coast guard that can provide CASEVAC? Think you can pull some strings sir?"

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy
"I'll do my best," replied the Brigadier, "but don't count on anything arriving quickly. I've already been trying to muster forces all day in case action was warranted, including Royal Navy resources, but this sort of thing takes time. The absolute earliest anything can reach you is tomorrow morning. Well done on locating Dr. Kirby and capturing the enemies, Captain Shields. Bring your prisoners back alive if it's at all posible. We have containment facilities for them here."

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:04 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Solid copy sir, we're taking refuge in a fishing shack along the Dunwich Beach. I'll keep in touch if anything happens. Shield out." Salem hangs up the phone and takes a few deep breaths to calm his nerves.
OOC,Sorry for not writing for almost a week, just started a new semester at school and I'm already over my head in homework.

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
Horsham glared at Salem, but he said nothing.
OOC,Don't worry about it. You're not delaying anyone else in any case, and I didn't have time to post myself during the week.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 am
by DetectiveSocks
Finishing his phone call, Salem approaches Horsham and kneels down besides him. Salem rifles through Horsham's pockets for any personal belongings, "Hope nobody is missing you," as Salem is trying to get a good read on Horsham's character.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
Horsham grinned. "You'll be sorry," he said. He sounded more confident than he had earlier.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
On the Beach