IC-Ep 3-The Prisoner(Raymond MacIntyre/Salem Shields)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Prisoner(Raymond MacIntyre/Salem Shields)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Idea. If you fail the roll, you may act freely. You only go temporarily insane if you succeed at it. If that happens, you'll also gain 5 points in Cthulhu Mythos, and you can roll against that immediately.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Idea Roll 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4365226/]Fumble 100%[/url]
OOC,What do you mean I can roll again my [i]Cthulhu Mythos[/i]?
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,If you had gone insane, you would have gained 5 points in your Cthulhu Mythos skill automatically. You would then have been able to roll against that skill to see what you could tell about the creature. However, since you failed the Idea roll, you do not go insane and are free to act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

In that brief moment of panic, Salem suddenly regained awareness of the situation and rushes out the door to aid Raymond.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Raymond slumped against the side of the Land Rover as Salem rushed out to help him. "Thank you, Doctor," he said through gritted teeth. "That...creature came out of the sea and stabbed me with its spear. Moved so fast I could barely react."
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], you may roll either First Aid or Medicine to help him (your choice). If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP he recovers.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

As Salem patches up Raymond, he looks over to the dead humanoid monster in awe, wondering how this thing could exist. Or if this thing was once human before.
First Aid 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4370497/]Failure 91%[/url]
Medicine 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4370506/]Success 79%[/url]
Healing,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4370519/]2 Points[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

After a few minutes, Salem managed to stop the bleeding and clean and bandage Raymond's wound. "Ah, much better," he said. "Thought I was a goner for a minute back there."

Examining the creature, Salem could see that it was not dead, merely unconscious. Its chest was slowly rising and falling.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Do I have enough ropes or chains to tie this creature up?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There is a large net that the creature dropped when it went down. That should do the trick nicely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Looking over at the creature, Salem shakes Raymond as he gestures over at the creature, still breathing. "Ray! Undo your belt quickly!" as Salem unfasten his belt in great fervour motion. Approaching towards the creature, Salem does his best to tie the creature's hands behind his back, and he motions Raymond to bind his feet together. Afterwards, Salem envelops the creature in the net.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In a minute, Raymond and Salem had the creature securely bound and trapped in the net. "A live specimen..." said Raymond. "This is quite a coup. Perhaps we should take it back with us. We can probably load it into the back of the Land Rover."
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], if you wish to try this, please make a Resistance Table roll pitting your combined STR total of 24 against the creature's SIZ of 16. This gives you a 90% chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Good idea Ray, help me move the this thing into the trunk," as Salem attempts to lift the creature with Raymond.

[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,[i]InvisibleCastle[/i] is down :cry:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Land Rover had no trunk, and the creature probably wouldn't have fit in one even if it had been there, but Raymond and Salem managed to lie it across the back row of seats.

"I don't think it's safe for us to stay here," said Raymond, looking nervously at the sea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem begins to tense up as well, "Anywhere here is not safe, but eventually the folks are gonna start looking around for their missing friends. We'll stand our ground and wait for the rest of the team to regroup." Salem walks back to the shack to check up on Horsham.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When Salem entered the shack again, he saw Horsham struggling with the ropes. He had nearly managed to free himself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Oh boy, what are we gonna do with you?" pulling the knife out of his sheath up to Horsham's throat, "You have no idea how easy it is, to cut up loose ends here," his temper rises but Salem holds himself back. Salem looks towards his lab equipment and wonders if he could concoct some sort of sedative cocktail.
OOC,Could I possibly use [b]Pharmacy[/b] skill to make some sort of sedative for both [b]Horsham[/b] and the creature in the car?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Horsham froze and stopped struggling with the ropes when Salem held the blade to his throat.
OOC,Yes, please roll Pharmacy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Glancing behind his back at Horsham, Salem prepares the sedatives in a rush. However, the anxiety getting the better of him, as he accidentally botches the sedatives and throws the refuse away. Without no communication to keep in base with the rest of the team, the silent tension around Salem is getting to him. "Spot anything?" Salem addressing Raymond, as he goes over to a phone to dial HQ.
Pharmacy 61%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4384856/]Failure 77%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nothing yet," said Raymond, still looking out to sea.

Salem picked up the phone on the counter. The operator helped him place a trunk call to UNIT HQ in London, and within a minute he was connected to the Brigadier.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"This is Captain Shield keeping touch with HQ. We encountered hostiles that are.." Salem gave pause, "Nothing from this world at all. One of the local populace expressed aggression against us. We believe Dr.Kirby is held at the Lake Manor Estate and so we sent Webb and Soames to infiltrate." Salem twirled the phone line with his finger as he glances around the perimeter, "We've also met friendlies here as well. I'm still not quite sure who they are or their motive, but they're acquainted with Dr.Kirby I believe."

Salem gave pause again on the phone, but was afraid to ask this next question, "Sir, if hostile intent does come from the local populace, what is our rules of engagement?"

Return to “Episode 3”