IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I don't mind staying, I have some portable lab equipment back in the car to keep me busy. " Salem looks over to Horsham, "If we are going through this plan, I need a helping hand with me. I can't hold the fort by myself."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad listening to the conversation tries to add a little perspective. "If we leave someone behind here with a hostage then they become a target and possible hostage themselves if the fish come to free Horsham. If we leave two people, they both might be captured if the Fish have observed us and come back here with any force. So either Horsham is moved to another location, and we are seriously short of secure locations where a hostage could be kept, as the doing so is suspicious to the normal folks and the fish alike in town, the inn is right out. Or everyone comes with to maximize our force and chance of success. Leaving someone here to be captured just seems silly." Chad begins moving toward the boat to join the team that is to swim to the TARDIS.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem gives an amusing look to Chad, "You make it sound like we can't hold our ground. We're UNIT christ sakes, if the Brigadier heard you talk like a pansy, he'd probably make you drop and do twenty, whip your attitude back to shape."
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek and Salem both recalled that Horsham's shack had diving suits that could be useful. There were six of them, of varying sizes. There weren't enough for everyone in the group, which had nine people, but most of them could have one.

Salem found a rag and gagged Horsham with it.

Tobias lifted the lid and was struck by a wave of stench. One glance inside told him that it indeed contained rotting fish, and one whiff made him want to retch.
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b], please roll CON X 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem resumes back into the shack, and begins to rummage around barrels, boxes, and front desk for anything useful.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks a bit worried at Story, then towards Leonek. "Perhaps he's infected....like on Pluto."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

There is a loud retching noise as Tobias throws up. He wipes his mouth, furious with himself and walks around to the front of the shack with a face like green thunder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Spot HIdden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Foraging around the shack, Salem may have found something interesting.
Spot Hidden 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4338083/]Success 28%[/url]
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"Uhm, what? Ugh...He won't be found, no one ever comes here...."

Leonek frowns, scratches his hair, and paces around.

"Look, there's five or six diving suits in the shack. We can use those and then the three who stay behind can wait in the car with the prisoner, so they can drive away when things get hairy."

He looks around uncertainly.

"Is that a plan?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem looked behind the counter. On a shelf below the cash register, he found a ledger that contained a listing of items sold and rented, the date and time, and a running tally of the money Horsham had taken in for them. The most recent entry matched his and Leonek's rental of the boat and purchase of fishing gear and bait. None of the entries for the last few days showed any diving equipment being rented.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Well I'm definitely going." Says Tobias shortly. "We'll need a techy down there." He says as an afterthought.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

The ledger appeared trivial in nature, and Salem couldn't think of anything useful to look into. Throwing it aside, Salem gathers up any equipments that may appear useful. Wet suits, knives, life jackets, scuba tanks, etc, and sets it outside by the boats.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem gathered the six diving suits with oxygen tanks, six knives, and nine life jackets.
Lucius Verres,Though [b]Horsham[/b] had held his hands with his palms forward, [b]Lucius[/b] had managed to get a glimpse at their backs. He had slightly scaly skin and webbed fingers.
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Raymond[/b] never made Spot Hidden rolls, so I rolled for them. Spot Hidden roll (57% skill) for [b]Lucius[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) for [b]Raymond[/b]: [dice]1[/dice] Sanity roll (current level 32) for [b]Lucius[/b]: [dice]3[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek helps Salem carry the gear and quickly puts on one of the wetsuits, glad to be somewhat dressed again and he ties his knife to his left leg.

So? Shall we get going?

He carries his oxygen tank to the small boat and gets in.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Hmmm, there's only six tanks and suits, and there's eight of us," Salem announces, "Like I said before, I'll stay behind and study our friend. Actually, he might know a thing or two around here," Salem makes his way back to the captive prisoner.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek put on the largest of the diving suits, which fit him nicely.

Salem went back inside the store, where the gagged and bound Horsham glared at him with his big fishy eyes.
OOC,There are nine of you here, not eight.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias quickly strips to his pants and takes a wet suit before anyone can say anything. He struggles to put it on, hopping from one leg to another. He straps on a weight belt, turns on his air for the tank and lifts it onto his shoulders and then grabs a mask and fins.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"Ive never used a diving suit before," Brook says. "Perhaps I can hitch a ride with someone wearing a suit, and I'll just try my best to hold my breath."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I've never used one either," says Elizabeth. "So those of us coming to the caves, and I presume that includes us TARDIS crew, all have to put on diving suits? If so can someone give us quick instructions on how to use one, particularly the breathing bit?" She smiles hopefully, and starts to look for a wetsuit that would fit her.

Return to “Episode 3”