IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] could hear someone moving around inside the shack.
OOC,I've activated the built-in dice roller for this forum, so you're free to use that if you wish. Unfortunately, there's no way to link individual rolls on Dark and Moody; it appears that those rolls were not logged anyway (I think you may have to be logged in for that to work). I gave a brief description of the area in the first post of [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=4703]this thread[/url]; it's the same place where [b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Salem[/b] came ashore at the start of the chapter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem crouches towards the shack, he ducks underneath the window of the shack, and gets ready to peak his head into the window once everybody is in position.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad observes Salem getting into position at the window. He then makes a similar approach to the entrance being as quiet as possible. [dice]0[/dice] Chad takes up position to the knob side of the door and crouches down ready to make a forced entry. Chad then focuses on Salem waiting for a signal.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

:o

Suddenly Chad has a flashback to a crashing Helicopter.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

MikeTheMoose,What are you rolling for? [b]Sneak[/b]? When I was sneaking up, I haven't made a [b]Sneak[/b] roll yet, unless [b]Mr.Handy[/b] asks me too.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias creeps around the back of the shack to check there are no secondary exits.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] peeked through the window and saw [b]Horsham[/b] shuffling through the store, apparently checking his inventory. His back was to both the window and the door at the moment.
Tobias Maddox,[b]Tobias[/b] circled around to the rear of the shack and saw that there was in fact a back door. A pair of trash cans flanked it, and they reeked of rotting fish.
OOC,That probably was a Sneak roll, in which case it definitely failed. You won't need to roll Sneak unless you're trying to enter the shack quietly. When you use the built-in dice roller, please include an OOC comment specifying what you're rolling for if I haven't asked for a roll or it isn't clear, as the dice roller doesn't have a Note field like Invisible Castle does.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem signals a hushing gesture with his finger towards the group, indicating that Horsham is still in the shack.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias waits, listening for the others to storm the shack. Then he'll push the trash cans in front of the back door to hopefully block it.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods in response to Salem, and stays as quiet as possible, at a distance from the shack.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

In the meantime, Leonek sees if he can find a pair of paddles from where he is standing. They'd have to move quickly once Horsham bolted off.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek found that the upturned boats that were arrayed in front of the shack had paddles beneath them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad nods to Salem as he gets set to make make entry. He waits for a go sign.
OOC,yes it was supposed to be sneak I'll mind the annotation for future posts. It was kind of a learner for me to use the embedded roller.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook hunkers down next to Elisabeth. Looking towards the shack, she whispers: "I wish I had a bathing suit or something...."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles at Brook's comment, but says nothing in response, lest they be heard.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

As Salem watches everybody ducking cover against the wall, Salem tries to devise a plan as he looks at the sand and his damp wet clothes.
OOC,Is it possible when earlier I peaked into the window, I could use [b]Psychology[/b] to tell if [b]Horsham[/b] was either in a rush looking through his inventory, or not?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No need to roll anything. He did not appear to be in any rush.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem hunches over on the beach, and starts rubbing sand on his clothes and kneading the sand into his hair, as Salem tousles it. Looking at his companions without any approval, Salem makes sure everybody is concealed and in position. Salem fumbles through the front door, crashing into the floor and scrambling around for something to prop himself up, Salem looks up, feigning fear in his eyes "W-what are those things?!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Horsham turned around when Salem burst in, startled. "What happened?" he asked. "Are you all right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I-I don't know, m-my friend and I were fishing. All of a sudden a big bang went off and something grabbed me into the water!" Pushing himself to relive those frightening moments when he barely wrestled his way out of the ocean.

Return to “Episode 3”