IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth found a diving suit in her size.

"I haven't used one either," said Raymond, "but they look simple enough to use. I'm sure I can figure it out." He took a quick look at the SCUBA gear and assisted anyone who needed help with it.
OOC,That's three suits accounted for, but who gets the other three? Who is staying behind, if anyone, aside from [b]Salem[/b]?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Ok no peeking people as I put this on," says Elizabeth, grinning. She walks away from the group, trying to get a bit of privacy while she puts on the wet suit. She will try initially to put it on over her clothes (jumper and skirt if I remember correctly). Failing that she'll remove the top items - so long as no-one is looking - and have another go that way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth went around the side of the shack, between it and the base of the cliff, where she could get some privacy. She quickly found out that the diving suit wouldn't go on over the skirt, as the suit's legs separated high up, so she ended up having to put it on over her underwear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looks at the remaining wetsuits attempting to find one in his size to put on. "Yes it seems at someone needs to stay behind. Not that I'm fond of the idea mind you but it does seem necessary. I do expect we will meet resistance down there though. My swimming isn't necessarily any better than a duffer. Perhaps I should have tried a bit harder on it in pilots training."
OOC,sorry about the delay, seasonal merriment caused my memory to lapse.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad found a suit in his size and put it on, while Story and Lucius wore the remaining two suits since Brook had declined one. Raymond helped Lucius with the unfamiliar apparatus, and Brook waited around the corner with Elizabeth while the men changed.

The wet suits covered the torso, though they left most of the arms and legs exposed. There was a transparent mask worn on the face that was hooked up to the oxygen tank, which was worn strapped to the back. The suits were watertight but not uncomfortable, and while they were not designed for deep sea diving, they would suffice for the group's purposes. Each one also had a waterproof electric torch clipped on to the front made to work underwater. There happened to be three each of two different sizes. Story, Lucius, and Leonek had the larger ones, while Elizabeth, Chad, and Tobias had the smaller ones. Elizabeth also had the only one of the six suits shaped to fit a woman.

"While I'd truly like to come with the rest of you and see this...TARDIS," said Raymond, "I can't leave Salem here by himself, so I'll stay with him and watch the prisoner. We'll have the Land Rover nearby in case we need to get out in a hurry, but we'll try to stay here and await your return." He motioned to the six knives that had been gathered. "I don't need one of those, as I still have my pistol, but the rest of you should each take one. They'll be of more use underwater anyway. Since there's seven of you going, you can take Leonek and Salem's smaller boat and one of the larger boats out to the cave. Good luck, everyone. I have a feeling you're going to need it."
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Leonek[/b] already have knives, so there's enough for everyone else except [b]Salem[/b] to each take one if you want it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Looking though the window of the shack, Salem gives a relaxed salute to the rest of the team, "Good hunting," under his breath. Salem resumes back to studying the abnormalities of Horsham's condition.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Medicine.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"Good luck to you too!"

Leonek pushes the smaller boat into the water and, after someone else has boarded, starts rowing towards the cave.

"Be careful, last time we were out, one of those things toppled our boat like it was nothing."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at his companions and says, "While we've only heard that there are monsters in the water we know they are there. Have no fear...stay alert. Be prepared for anything."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"So how long you've been looking like this for?" Removing the cloth off of Horsham's mouth, Salem studies the strange bulging eyes that seems to express malicious intent.
Medicine 80%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4345432/]Success 37%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A few years," Horsham said. "What's it to you? Got a problem with the way I look, do you?"
Salem Shields,[b]Horsham[/b] had features that seemed like they belonged to a fish or an amphibian, only they were not complete. It was almost as though he was partway between man and some sort of aquatic or amphibian creature. Nothing about this matched the symptoms of any known disease, and it definitely seemed to be genetic in nature. Comparing notes on his condition with [b]Dr. Kirby[/b] would most likely be very enlightening. There was not much more he could tell about [b]Horsham[/b] without running tests and examining him in a lab or medical facility, though the portable pathology lab in the Land Rover could be helpful for taking and analyzing samples.
OOC,Which one of you will be going in the small boat with [b]Leonek[/b]? The rest can fit in the large boat. Once someone decides, I can move things along. Also, is there anyone who doesn't already have a knife that [i]doesn't[/i] want to take one of the knives? They all come with sheathes that can be attached to the belt of a diving suit (or a regular belt, if you don't have a diving suit).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"A few years? You don't seem like you want to get any better." Salem digs around in his pockets, looking for a flashlight to examine Horsham's unusual eyes and test his pupil dilations.
OOC,I believe I still have my Forensics Kit and Portable Lab equipment in the Land Rover, may I use that?
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods in response to Story. "I'm not fond of weapons," she says to him, "as you know. But I don't know how dangerous this might get. So I think, for once, I will take a knife." She takes one of the knives, reluctantly, looking at it with some concern.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem didn't have a flashlight; everything he had been carrying had been lost when he had been unceremoniously dumped into the sea, except for the contents of his pockets, which had been thoroughly drenched.

Horsham glared at him. "I'm getting better all the time," he said.

Elizabeth attached one of the knives in its sheath to her diving suit's belt and inspected the knife. The blade was eight inches long and very sharp. In addition to being a potential weapon, it could also be useful as a cutting tool.
OOC,Yes, [b]Salem[/b], you may use the portable lab. I'd edited that into the post above last night when I remembered it, but you probably read it before I made the edit. If you want to take a blood sample from him and analyze it using the lab, please roll Biology, though it will take some time to get results.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods at Story, and also picks out a knife. She removes her boots in the boat as they row.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad takes one of the knives, and attaches it to his wetsuit using his belt. "My Luger will be fine enough once we get dry, but won't be much good under the waves. No need for me to be in that little boat I think. I'll ride with the rest in the bigger one." Chad moves to push the larger boat out to sea.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Story[/b] and his companions will probably want to all stay together in the big boat. [b]Tobias[/b], will you go in the small boat with [b]Leonek[/b]?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC:,Leonek finally got dressed and now no one wants to sit next to him. What sort of lesson should I take from this? :D
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

OOC,I'm not devoted to the big boat. I'll go with Leonek if that helps.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Raymond[/b] and [b]Salem[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
The Prisoner
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Warriors of the Deep
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”