IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Post by DrPeterson »

"It is parked across the road, at the hotel.", Leonek frowns,"but they are there as well, the janitor..." A cold shiver runs down Leonek's spine as he thinks about the uncanny resemblance between the man and the monster.

He gives Elizabeth a confused look.

"Sonic...screwdriver? What's that? With a regular screwdriver I could try to open it too."

"Or a brick...", he adds in a mutter.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Remembering speaking with the curator from the museum, Salem speaks up,"The manor is owned by the Lake family. Haven't learned much about it, only that some World War II vet bought it, name was Captain Lake. Sorry fellas, that's all I remember," Salem shrugs his shoulders.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh Captain Lake, yes I remember now!" says Elizabeth. "He was killed by Virgil Soames's brother wasn't he? The lady at the museum gave us some directions to the manor. Now what were they ..." She pauses for a moment, recollecting her thoughts. "I think she said if you go from the museum towards the inn, then turn right at the next junction the road leads to the manor. It's just past the cottage where Virgil Soames lives, where we were earlier, and the manor has a long drive leading up to it."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot takes all this in with a bit of doubt. "Well if nothing else lets go get the map to the mansion. I say we hit it now before they can reinforce. If our cover is blown to them, its no use hiding anymore. I think the bartender was one of them as well."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

"Waitress, Elliot. I misspoke earlier in my anxiety."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think there's any need for a brick," says Valerie. "I know a trick with a coat hanger that should get the Land Rover open, or I could use a hairpin if one isn't available. Of course, I may need some assistance starting the engine. We may want to bring both vehicles with us in case we need to make a speedy getaway, and I have the keys to my own car."
Story,The sonic screwdriver would require a Mechanical Repair roll to trip the lock on the door; however, it could start the ignition without a roll.
OOC,The museum sells T-shirts. It also sells guidebooks like the one you bought earlier, which has a map of Dunwich on the back cover. [b]Leonek[/b]'s map of Suffolk doesn't show any detail of the town itself, as it covers a wider area. [b]Elizabeth[/b] has the directions right. Feel free to continue discussing your plans as you head towards wherever you're going. This will most likely be my last post before I leave tomorrow, so hopefully you'll have decided on a course of action by the time I return and am ready to post again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek nods, clasping his arms around himself, rubbing his bare skin as he stamps his feet.

"Whatever we do, we'd best hurry up before they are able to raise the alarm. Maybe getting the cars and then busting in quickly to liberate Dr. Kirby and disappearing as fast as we appeared?"

He looks around for confirmation, especially from his superior officers.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias narrows his eyes at the mention of the sonic screwdriver. "I'm pretty handy at...er... getting into things and places." He says. "I had some special tools but lost them in the crash; I don't suppose any of you guys have any skeleton keys? They might be useful later. I'm also very handy with a pistol if anyone has a spare weapon." He asks the travellers. He looks around the group. "There are enough of us to initiate a rescue and create a diversion elsewhere to protect the rescuers. I suggest one vehicle for each group." The dour engineer seems to have totally changed; it's almost as if he is accustomed to command. "...That's if we use that plan, of course." He remembers himself and grins sheepishly.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad, noting the further anomalies in the new member of the party suffers some unrest. This group was an ever changing blob of unknown elements. And they were continually holding back. It seems Chad had, had enough of it.

"OK Traveling IN a phone booth. Advanced tools. I've had about enough with all the pretexts right this second. We are in serious danger. A woman's life is at stake. We need to trust each other. And we need to know each other. No more beating around the bush. No more plausible stories that omit the real story. No offense Professor. Let's get to the brass tacks. I would like everyone here to be honest. One at a time, re-introduce ourselves, stating *EXACTLY* where we are from in a way that won't leave the wrong impression, What we do in a way that allows us to understand what each of us can do if needed, what we have that can possibly help the situation, and what our interest is in Dunwich. I will go first. My name is Chad Engram, I was born in Exeter England in 1948. I am a pilot for a special operations unit headquartered here in England that investigates and combats paranormal and extraterrestrial threats to the Earth. I am here to investigate the Dr. Kirby's disappearance after she was sent to Dunwich by my unit to investigate the aberrant physiology of a deceased person we believe to be descended from here. I can fly aircraft, most of the time anyway, I've got a Luger pistol with 24 rounds of ammunition. Our mission here is to locate and rescue Dr. Kirby, with an implied objective of continuing to gather information on this paranormal phenomenon. Now, what about you professor?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Just as Story opens his mouth to respond to Elizabeth's question about the sonic screwdriver he stops to hear what Chad has to say. As Chad brings his introduction to a close Story smiles, glances at his companions, runs his hand through his hair, looks out at the water, exhales deeply, and then finally he turns his attention to Chad and say, "When it comes to Dr. Kirby's rescue and her life, which hangs in the balance, who I am is ultimately irrelevant. However, since you're lodging a protest and potentially delaying the rescue with unnecessary questions I will answer you. The name is Story, I'm a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey which is located in a binary star system within the constellation of Kasterborous. For specific directions the galactic coordinates are ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two from galactic zero center. These..." Gestures toward his friends. "are my human companions pulled from various times in Earth's history. We go where we are needed. And where we are need is where ever the Tardis sends us. Officially I travel for research purposes to hear the tales of other galactic races. I just happened to fall in love with your race." Story smiles to himself and then looks at his companions - Brook, Elizabeth, and finally Lucius - before looking back to Chad. "All that said my good sir perhaps now isn't the time, or the place, to sit for a cup of tea and introduce ourselves further." Reaches in his pocket. "As far as my sonic screwdriver...well, it's just multi-purpose tool of mine that operates on a sonic level."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook waves a little. "Hello. Brook Davies. London, as I said before. Born 1994."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods. "Elizabeth Young, born Dumfriesshire, Scotland, 1930s. Occupation: school teacher. I know this is all hard to believe, but this really isn't the time for interrogations or arguments. Can we please head to the mansion as soon as possible, before it's too late?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"I agree, maam; we should get moving." Says Tobias, glad of an excuse to change the subject and he avoids Chad's eye. "It's a fair way back to the town so we should get started. We can formulate a plan on the way." He looks at Raymond, his boss, for affirmation. He looks at the two swimmers, "You guys okay to move?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"We can talk while we walk, after that jog to the beach I think we all need a bit of a breather. Valarie, are you okay to keep moving?" Elliot takes her arm to help her. "So we have a time traveling alien in a box, a young lady who says she's born the same year as Valerie but looks a decade younger than me. A teenager from the future, does your mum even know you're out? Name's Elliot and no offense but we are trained professionals in these matters. We are here to rescue one of our own."
Then towards Chad, "Sir I'm not sure we should be including civilians in on this mission. Especially ones that sound like they stepped out of a bad Sci-Fi episode of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. He shakes his head, "Names Elliot and if anyone should go into this place to locate the good doctor it should either be me and Valarie here, or all of us guns blazing. I'm thinking the stealthy approach is a better option."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook smiles a little. "I love Douglas Adams….As for my mum, she's long gone. Dad to." She frowns. "Although…They're probably around now…They should be teenagers now…" She looks to Story.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Brook and asks, "Where would they be at this time?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"I don't really know….I think my mum was from Cornwall, and my dad a londoner, but I was so little when they died. I don't really know much about them." Brook shakes her head. "Never mind. Let's just focus on saving the woman."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods and securely tucks the information away for another time.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles as Brook talks. Then she turns to Elliot, with a more serious expression on her face. "I know our story sounds like something out of a science fiction comic, but it's true. And we've faced a lot of strange and dangerous things in our journeys. So we can probably help you, more than you think. And the creatures have our blue box, the TARDIS, that we need to get back to get out of here. So we've an incentive to help you. But we don't want to get in the way. You are the professionals as you say. But if we can help at all, please let us."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek eagerly nods, his state of undress somewhat diminishing the gravitas of his words.

We can leave the explaining for later and save Dr. Kirby now. I will show you to your box when she's free.

"If Elliott, Mrs Soames and perhaps one other person who's a pretty good sneak, go and rescue Dr. Kirby, the rest of us could go liberate your box. They seemed very interested in whoever owned it."

Leonek looks at the Time Lord with a rueful smile.

"I'm guessing that's you. And I'm also guessing that your visible presence will be enough to draw most of them to where you are."

The young man shrugs, not too comfortable speaking before such a large and dressed audience.

Return to “Episode 3”