IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles at Story. "We'll be careful, don't worry too much about us. And we'll be together, which always helps."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods at what Elisabeth says. "Yes, we'll be careful. And once we're inside, no problem." She smiles.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Wait what?" Salem blinks profusely and looks to Leonek, "How big is this phone booth? And how does it fit all these people?"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek shrugs, his complacent self again.

"I don't know, I would much rather rescue Dr. Kirby, but I'm the only one with terrain experience. The box is about the standard size for a phone box. Maybe they squeeze.?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"And how do we get the box out of the cave - will it fit through the entrance?" Tobias asks. "Do we wait for nightfall or go in now? Either way we'll need torches in the cave."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"That's not a problem once we get to it," Brook smiles. "She doesn't just travel in time….and it's quite roomy inside. You know, like a tent. It feels big when you're inside it, then you take it down and see the impression on the grass, and can't believe you could fit four people in such a small space."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles as Brook explains and says, "Brook's explanation is the easiest."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad sees that the plan is firming up. He re-holsters his pistol for the moment. "Well I don't recommend sending a single person to contact HQ, that sort of thing is how messages don't get delivered. So one team should take on the responsibility of contacting HQ prior to executing their mission, that team is likely going to be observed and perhaps overheard by the opposition, so maybe our Phone Box rescuing team should do it, since secrecy isn't critical to our mission?"
The Hunter
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by The Hunter »

This whole time Raymond seems to have been listening intently trying to sort out everything that he's hearing. That's got weird and interesting quite rapidly. Finally he speaks, The plan is sound to me. I understand that this box, TARDIS, is important to you, Story, I want to make it perfectly clear that my priority is Dr. Kirby. She is a close associate of mine and her life, a human life, is in danger.
Jumping In,Hi all, apologies for anything I might be slow to catching up on and such. Just spent the past two or so hours reading and catching up on everything lol :P.
I have an idea...it starts with "S" and ends with "litting your throat."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Yes, yes, I totally understand that. If I could find her without Leonek's aid I would." Story smiles and continues, "That said I truly appreciate Leonek helping me recover the Tardis."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I like the plan too," said Valerie Soames. She gives Elizabeth a grin and a knowing look. "I was born in the 1920s, as it happens. I just look a bit younger than my age, but I've got nothing on you, my dear."

The group walked up the beach and soon reached the crossroads. From here the inn was visible, including the car park containing the Model T Ford and the Land Rover. Valerie went with Elliot to the vehicles. "Let me see if I can get your Land Rover open." She took a pin out of her hair and stood in front of the driver's door, tinkering around in the lock, but she couldn't quite get it. After a minute, she gave up and offered the hairpin to Elliot. "Perhaps you'd like to have a go?"
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Locksmith if you want to try to pick the lock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles at Valerie's comment, and walks quietly with the group, looking around all the time for anything suspicious, or any sign of anyone watching them.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story follows Valerie and Elliot to the vehicles and from his pockets he pulls out the sonic screwdriver as he says, "May I take a look?"

He aims the device at the lock and after a few seconds of humming, and a click from inside the door, that particular door is now unlocked. Story looks at Valerie and Elliot smiles and flips the sonic screwdriver in his hand before putting it away safely in his pocket and says, "No time to waste, eh?"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4304690/]Mechanical Repair - 20% (1d100=15)[/url]
Last edited by jaysun81 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
The Hunter
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by The Hunter »

As the group approaches the crossroads Raymond looks about and says, "I'll phone in to HQ, whoever is coming with me let's head that direction." He's trying to keep a casual appearance while looking about to judge how any visible locals are perceiving the group (or if there are any peering from within windows and such) to gauge how badly their cover has been blown and how fast it's spread through town.
I have an idea...it starts with "S" and ends with "litting your throat."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Before either could respond Story pulls the sonic screwdriver back out and says, "I almost forgot." He then opens the door and climbs in. Having been in automobiles before he knows what to look for so he aligns the screwdriver to the ignition and once again it begins to hum. Mere seconds later the engine roars to life. For a moment he sits there and listens to the engine and smiles before getting back out of the car. Once out he looks at them both before once again putting the sonic screwdriver away and winks at them.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias watches the episode with great interest. When Story gets out of the car he says, "Would it be alright to take a quick look at the sonic screwdriver, Sir? I'm very interested in gadgets."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Lead the way Raymond" Salem follows his lead, showing weariness in his eyes from his near-death experience, but makes an effort to be aware of his surroundings.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek gapes open-mouthed at Story's handiwork.

"How...channelling sound in such a way that it effects mechanical parts is inconceivable such a small device. You'd need at least a resonance chamber the size of room to pull that off..."

Leonek shakes his head and looks at Raymond heading off to make the call.
"We should all get going. I'll drive the jeep back to the beach."

He nods at the two people for the stealth mission and wishes them luck.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks over at Tobias and says, "Certainly...but only for a moment it seems we must be going." He then hands the sonic screwdriver to Tobias to look at.

As Tobias looks it over and smiles at Leonek then says, "Now perhaps...but one day it will compressed. Just look at the computer."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias nods a thank you and scrutinizes the screwdriver carefully. "I think I can see how this might work - it's very clever; what's the power source? He finally hands it back rather reluctantly and then takes out his notebook and makes some notes and a sketch.
Handy,To gain pertinent information on the new technology: mech/electrical repair (50%) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4306165/]1d100=30[/url]

Return to “Episode 3”