IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
2:15 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Story, his companions, Chad, Raymond, Tobias, Elliot, and Valerie hurried down the shorline. Cliffs towered above them to their right, gradually approaching the shoreline. As they continued, they reached a largely deserted area of the beach. It ended at a point a short distance ahead where the cliffs met the sea. The only other thing here was a large shack with a sign above its door that said "Horsham's." A few boats rested to its side, upended.

As they arrived, Leonek and Salem paddled ashore in their own boat, utterly exhausted. Salem was in very bad shape, half-drowned and barely conscious, and it took all of his efforts just to get the boat to the moist sand. Raymond ran up and grabbed the rope that was still tied to a handle on the side of the boat, helping to pull it aground and up onto shore.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b] has two injuries caused by nearly drowning, each of which may be treated once by a successful First Aid roll. Everyone (including [b]Salem[/b]) may make up to two First Aid attempts to treat him. [b]Salem[/b] may also make up to two Medicine attempts. So can anyone else, but you're as likely to hurt as to help if you're untrained. The first two successful rolls will restore 1d3 HP each to [b]Salem[/b]. After that, he'll get no further benefit. Feel free to interact with each other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Post by Thorn »

Brook helps Raymond pull the boat ashore, looking curiously at the injured man. He didn't appear to be bleeding, so whose blood was in the water, she wonders. Turning towards the sea, she squints as she studies the waves, looking for anything out of the ordinary. "Who was shot?" she asks.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth rushes to Salem, and helps him get clear of the water. "Rest, please, while I look at those injuries." She looks carefully at his injuries, and does what she can to help, though she can only help with one of them. Smiling at Salem she says "There, you should be at least a little more comfortable now." Turning to the others she asks "Can anyone else have a look at this other injury here and see if you can help?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story walks over and takes a look at the injury, seeing he can do nothing he shakes his head and not really expecting an answer he says, "What were you all doing in the water? It's quite dangerous you know." He looks out at the sea and continues, "Regardless, at least you made it ashore with your lives."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4275700/]First Aid - 46% (1d100=67)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Thanks for the help everybody," Salem adds the finishing touch to his internal wounds. Hopefully, the possibility of pneumonia in Salem's lungs will be reduced, after his near death-drowning experience.

Looking up at Brook, Salem glances at Leonek for an answer, and back to Brook. "Some sort of bipedal sea-creature attacked me as I was..." Salem face begins to flush, "Fishing."
First Aid 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276281/]Success = 9%[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276300/]First Aid Heal = 2[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek looks to the opening of the cave and then back to his team mates.

"The creatures, they have Dr. Kirby in the mansion. We must save her before they...before they... We must be quick, they are onto us!"

He turns to Story and his companions.

They are onto you too. They have your so-called box, but they can't get into it.

Leonek suddenly seems to realise he isn't really dressed and that there are strangers, and especially women, about and tries to cover up.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"I think our cover is blown already after I shot that thing, square in the chest," Salem responds.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem managed to cough up all of the seawater he had swallowed, with some help from Elizabeth. He was feeling much better now, and while it would probably be a week before he was in top form again, he was now fully able to function. Of course, his clothes were still sopping wet. Still, at least he still had them. All Leonek had were his boxers.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], you rolled an exceptional success, so you heal an extra point of damage. [b]Elizabeth[/b]'s critical would have healed more too, but she already rolled a 3, which was the total damage from the injury she successfully treated. That puts you at 9 HP.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at Leonek. "They have the TARDIS?! Is she ok?!" She turns to Story, hopeful. "At least it's not gone."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"TARDIS? No, no, it's a big blue police box, like a telephone booth? But it's locked, I couldn't open it, but they couldn't either. They say one of you is a great sorcerer."

Leonek looks around somewhat forlorn.

"One of you doesn't have a spare pair of trousers?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"So it was a sea creature's blood in the water? Did the creatures have weapons? Technology? How far is the mansion?"
For the first time this afternoon, Tobias seems much more animated.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I don't know, I didn't see more of it, but it attacked us with it claws.
I heard it talking to another of its kind in the caves. They are very intelligent.
"

Leonek reaches down to his calves and draws the diving knife from its sheath.

"I found a bunch of these in there as well as some torches and other tools."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"...So they're into collecting shiny things?" Salem scratches his head, "We should probably get moving, let's not stay around before trouble finds us again."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"So where's this mansion?" says Elizabeth, "and how quickly can we get there?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Upon hearing that the TARDIS has been spotted Story looks at Leonek and says, "The TARDIS has been found...excellent! No worries, they will not be able to open her. Yes, we should get away from the water...the sooner the better." Takes another look at the sea and then back at Leonek. "So the TARDIS is in the caves and the good Doctor is at the mansion. We definitely need to get to her quick. Tell me, do you know if the caves are connected to the mansion?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad thought about the situation, not quite ready to holster his Luger just yet. "Well given the nature of our *ahem* opposition, if Dr. Kirby is on land, she was undoubtedly abducted by land dwellling individuals with the affliction. It also follows that all of our pretexts and covers are now flully blown, meaning that the only reason we can expect the opposition to relent, is either they are at a strength disadvantage, or they don't want to expose themselves to the locals that aren't in on the little secret. We can't expect that to protect us. Come the cover of night. They will come, and in numbers to take care of us I think. And they may return here in daylight since we don't have a lot of witnesses right this second, which means we should adjorn from the water to someplace, both inland, and free of potentially afflicted individuals. If they know we know about the mansion. Expect them to be reinforcing it, and fast. One last thing. For you so called tourists. Exactly how is it that you travel with a phone booth?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Chad and says, "We don't travel with it...we travel in it." Not waiting for Chad's reaction Story looks at Lucius and asks, "Did you bring your weapon?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"Some sort of vehicle?" Tobias asks, almost to himself. He scans the water but is listening to the conversation intently.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek shrugs at Story's question.

"I don't know, the caves seemed pretty vast, it is possible. I also don't know where the mansion is, but I have a map in the car, and they keys were in my trousers and they are somewhere in the North Sea right now...bozje moi... Maybe we should find the mansion and stop in a clothing store on our way there, yes?"

Leonek doesn't look happy at all and he sounds about ten times worse.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"You could open his car with the sonic screwdriver couldn't you Story?" says Elizabeth. "That way we could check the map. Don't worry," she says, turning to Leonek and smiling, "the sonic screwdriver won't damage your car. How near is the car?"

Return to “Episode 3”