IC-Ep 3-The Underwater Menace(Leonek/Salem)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 3-The Underwater Menace(Leonek/Salem)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cliff Base- Dunwich, England
2:11 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek emerged from the cave mouth to a horrifying sight. The boat was floating on the surface not far above, but it was upside-down and there was a lot of blood in the water. Salem was underwater, trying in vain to claw his way to the surface. The blood didn't seem to belong to him, but he was clearly drowning and on the verge of death. But the worst sight of all was the creature that was trying to seize Salem. This creature was larger than Leonek, larger than any human being he'd ever met. It was at least eight feet tall, with green scaly skin. It wore a long mesh vest that looked like it was made of string, silver in color. Its huge webbed hands ended in sharp claws, but it was the face that was the most disturbing part. Its features seemed more a combination of species than any one in particular. It had large, bulging eyes and gills on its neck, and it resembled a cross between a fish, a frog, and a turtle. Its features looked similar to the autopsy photo, but far, far worse. The one bright spot was that there was a gaping wound in its chest, which appeared to be the source of the blood. While badly wounded, it appeared no less dangerous.
OOC,[b]Leonek[/b], it is your turn to act. Then the creature gets a turn, and finally [b]Salem[/b] will. [b]Leonek[/b], please roll Sanity first. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed but 1d6 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must then roll Idea. If the Idea roll succeeds, you will go temporarily insane. As long as you do not go insane, you may act freely. If you do not surface this round and get some air, you will need to roll CON x 7. You will most likely want to try to rescue [b]Salem[/b], which will require a Resistance Table roll pitting your STR of 9 against his SIZ of 11, giving you a 40% chance. If you succeed, you will both reach the surface, but if you fail, neither one of you will yet. [b]Salem[/b] will still have a chance on his turn to get to the surface on his own, but that will have to wait until after you and the creature act. If you attack the creature, you will be unable to surface this round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Underwater Menace(Leonek/Salem)

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek is cold as ice as he swims towards Salem. He slides an arm under his and with a few powerful kicks, he manages to bring Salem to the surface next to the boat.

Sanity Impaled!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256903/]Sanity check (50%) (1d100=4)[/url]
Resistance success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4256906/]drags Salem to the surface. (40%) (1d100=33)[/url]

Making sure Salem is holding on, Leonek takes a deep breath, his lungs burning with joy as the fresh supply of oxygen rushes in and he dives to confront the creature, ready to pull the knife from its sheath.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Taking a big gulp of air, Salem wheezes and coughs uncontrollably as he's finally relieved to have fresh air. In a panic state of mind, Salem scrambles at the flipped boat and desperately finds some sort of grip to hold onto it.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Before Leonek had a chance to dive again, the fishman rose towards him! It slashed wildly and ineffectually at his legs with its claws.

Salem managed to grab hold of a handle on the edge of the overturned boat.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b] and [b]Leonek[/b], you are both free to take an action now. It is possible to draw the dagger and attack with it on the same turn. [b]Leonek[/b], you do not need to make any further Swim rolls to move around or dive. The base skill in Knife is 25%, and the dagger does 1d4 damage plus your damage bonus, which is another 1d4. I've already added these to your character sheet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek lets out a loud startled scream, his hand already halfway to the knife, he pulls it from the sheath and tries to stab the creature, but its sudden momentum caught him too off guard.
Stab fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4258198/]STAB! (1d100=79)[/url]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Is it possible to use [b]First Aid[/b] on myself? Despite that I used it about 6 in-game hours (or 1 year really, lol) ago?
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It is possible, but you'll need to be on dry land first. When you used it before, it was on a different injury. It can be successfully applied once per injury, so you'll be able to get healed twice. Is there anything else you'd like to do for your action this round? Also, both of you please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

With terror rushing through Salem's mind, he desperately looks around for anything, that would help get out of these hot water.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,Off in the distance to the north, [b]Salem[/b] could see a large group of people on the beach, but they were too far away to make out any details. They were running in their direction.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek is too preoccupied to notice anything relevant.
Spot fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4260882/]spots (1d100=78)[/url]

Taking a few quick breaths to expand his lungs, Leonek speaks with an unusually confident tone.

"They have Dr. Kirby in the mansion. Get to shore. Find the others. I will stall the monster."

With that he dives again to meet the creature, blade in hand.
Mr.Handy:,Assuming the creature would come around for another pass,I made another knife roll, and failed again. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4260883/]stabs the deep one in the eye. (1d100=75)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek Novak,You're getting ahead of yourself, [b]Leonek[/b]. This is still the same round, and [b]Salem[/b] hasn't even taken his first action yet (he technically goes before your first attack because he acts at the end of the previous round and you go at the top of the round). The creature also gets a chance to act before you can do anything else.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem signals for help towards the large group, flailing his arms back and forth in fatigue.
OOC:   Sorry, I guess I should've mentioned that I just wanna do nothing. I don't wanna die :cry:  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek ducked beneath the surface, drew his knife, and stabbed at the creature below him, but it nimbly swam to one side and easily avoided the blow. Its bulging eyes widened even more, if that were even possible, when it saw the blade. Rather than press the attack, it turned around and quickly swam off before Leonek could attack a second time, entering the cave.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC,I'm sorry, I got a bit overexcited :D

Leonek curses as he observes the creature's incredible speed and swims back up to the surface.

It got away...

He swims towards Salem and grabs hold of the boat, guessing its weight is too much for him to tip over alone.

"We have to warn the others quickly, if that one gets back to the rest, there will be hell to pay and who knows what they'll do to Dr. Kirby. Do you want me to help you swim to shore or shall we try to turn over the boat?"

Leonek asked the question with a bit of a sad expression, there was no way he was going to see those trousers again...
Last edited by DrPeterson on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The boat is a fairly small one, and the two of you could flip it back over by working together. Of course, as you've noticed, everything that had been inside it is lost.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC,Edited after new weight assessment ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,One of the distant approaching figures on the beach waved his arms. He appeared to be shouting something.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Looking over towards Leonek, Salem was happy to see a friendly face, "Think we'll get our safety deposit back Leonek?" As Salem's face lights up an amusing smile, still heavily panting from nearly drowning.
Listen Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4266167/]Failure: 81%[/url]
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I left the receipt in my trousers."

Leonek grins, and motions for Salem to help tilt the boat.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Do you still have some of that rope? It'd make life a lot easier to flip the boat over," as Salem is calculating a way to flip over the boat.

Return to “Episode 3”