Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm
by Mr. Handy

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
2:15 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Story, his companions, Chad, Raymond, Tobias, Elliot, and Valerie hurried down the shorline. Cliffs towered above them to their right, gradually approaching the shoreline. As they continued, they reached a largely deserted area of the beach. It ended at a point a short distance ahead where the cliffs met the sea. The only other thing here was a large shack with a sign above its door that said "Horsham's." A few boats rested to its side, upended.

As they arrived, Leonek and Salem paddled ashore in their own boat, utterly exhausted. Salem was in very bad shape, half-drowned and barely conscious, and it took all of his efforts just to get the boat to the moist sand. Raymond ran up and grabbed the rope that was still tied to a handle on the side of the boat, helping to pull it aground and up onto shore.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b] has two injuries caused by nearly drowning, each of which may be treated once by a successful First Aid roll. Everyone (including [b]Salem[/b]) may make up to two First Aid attempts to treat him. [b]Salem[/b] may also make up to two Medicine attempts. So can anyone else, but you're as likely to hurt as to help if you're untrained. The first two successful rolls will restore 1d3 HP each to [b]Salem[/b]. After that, he'll get no further benefit. Feel free to interact with each other.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Revelations(Everyone)

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 am
by Thorn
Brook helps Raymond pull the boat ashore, looking curiously at the injured man. He didn't appear to be bleeding, so whose blood was in the water, she wonders. Turning towards the sea, she squints as she studies the waves, looking for anything out of the ordinary. "Who was shot?" she asks.

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:41 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth rushes to Salem, and helps him get clear of the water. "Rest, please, while I look at those injuries." She looks carefully at his injuries, and does what she can to help, though she can only help with one of them. Smiling at Salem she says "There, you should be at least a little more comfortable now." Turning to the others she asks "Can anyone else have a look at this other injury here and see if you can help?"

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:54 pm
by jaysun81
Story walks over and takes a look at the injury, seeing he can do nothing he shakes his head and not really expecting an answer he says, "What were you all doing in the water? It's quite dangerous you know." He looks out at the sea and continues, "Regardless, at least you made it ashore with your lives."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4275700/]First Aid - 46% (1d100=67)[/url]

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:16 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Thanks for the help everybody," Salem adds the finishing touch to his internal wounds. Hopefully, the possibility of pneumonia in Salem's lungs will be reduced, after his near death-drowning experience.

Looking up at Brook, Salem glances at Leonek for an answer, and back to Brook. "Some sort of bipedal sea-creature attacked me as I was..." Salem face begins to flush, "Fishing."
First Aid 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276281/]Success = 9%[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4276300/]First Aid Heal = 2[/url]

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:33 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek looks to the opening of the cave and then back to his team mates.

"The creatures, they have Dr. Kirby in the mansion. We must save her before they...before they... We must be quick, they are onto us!"

He turns to Story and his companions.

They are onto you too. They have your so-called box, but they can't get into it.

Leonek suddenly seems to realise he isn't really dressed and that there are strangers, and especially women, about and tries to cover up.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:38 am
by DetectiveSocks
"I think our cover is blown already after I shot that thing, square in the chest," Salem responds.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem managed to cough up all of the seawater he had swallowed, with some help from Elizabeth. He was feeling much better now, and while it would probably be a week before he was in top form again, he was now fully able to function. Of course, his clothes were still sopping wet. Still, at least he still had them. All Leonek had were his boxers.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], you rolled an exceptional success, so you heal an extra point of damage. [b]Elizabeth[/b]'s critical would have healed more too, but she already rolled a 3, which was the total damage from the injury she successfully treated. That puts you at 9 HP.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 am
by Thorn
Brook looks at Leonek. "They have the TARDIS?! Is she ok?!" She turns to Story, hopeful. "At least it's not gone."

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:25 am
by DrPeterson
"TARDIS? No, no, it's a big blue police box, like a telephone booth? But it's locked, I couldn't open it, but they couldn't either. They say one of you is a great sorcerer."

Leonek looks around somewhat forlorn.

"One of you doesn't have a spare pair of trousers?"

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 pm
by aine

"So it was a sea creature's blood in the water? Did the creatures have weapons? Technology? How far is the mansion?"
For the first time this afternoon, Tobias seems much more animated.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:22 pm
by DrPeterson
"I don't know, I didn't see more of it, but it attacked us with it claws.
I heard it talking to another of its kind in the caves. They are very intelligent.
"

Leonek reaches down to his calves and draws the diving knife from its sheath.

"I found a bunch of these in there as well as some torches and other tools."

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"...So they're into collecting shiny things?" Salem scratches his head, "We should probably get moving, let's not stay around before trouble finds us again."

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:13 am
by yockenthwaite
"So where's this mansion?" says Elizabeth, "and how quickly can we get there?"

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:49 am
by jaysun81
Upon hearing that the TARDIS has been spotted Story looks at Leonek and says, "The TARDIS has been found...excellent! No worries, they will not be able to open her. Yes, we should get away from the water...the sooner the better." Takes another look at the sea and then back at Leonek. "So the TARDIS is in the caves and the good Doctor is at the mansion. We definitely need to get to her quick. Tell me, do you know if the caves are connected to the mansion?"

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:21 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad thought about the situation, not quite ready to holster his Luger just yet. "Well given the nature of our *ahem* opposition, if Dr. Kirby is on land, she was undoubtedly abducted by land dwellling individuals with the affliction. It also follows that all of our pretexts and covers are now flully blown, meaning that the only reason we can expect the opposition to relent, is either they are at a strength disadvantage, or they don't want to expose themselves to the locals that aren't in on the little secret. We can't expect that to protect us. Come the cover of night. They will come, and in numbers to take care of us I think. And they may return here in daylight since we don't have a lot of witnesses right this second, which means we should adjorn from the water to someplace, both inland, and free of potentially afflicted individuals. If they know we know about the mansion. Expect them to be reinforcing it, and fast. One last thing. For you so called tourists. Exactly how is it that you travel with a phone booth?"

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 am
by jaysun81
Story smiles at Chad and says, "We don't travel with it...we travel in it." Not waiting for Chad's reaction Story looks at Lucius and asks, "Did you bring your weapon?"

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:46 pm
by aine
"Some sort of vehicle?" Tobias asks, almost to himself. He scans the water but is listening to the conversation intently.

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek shrugs at Story's question.

"I don't know, the caves seemed pretty vast, it is possible. I also don't know where the mansion is, but I have a map in the car, and they keys were in my trousers and they are somewhere in the North Sea right now...bozje moi... Maybe we should find the mansion and stop in a clothing store on our way there, yes?"

Leonek doesn't look happy at all and he sounds about ten times worse.

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:54 pm
by yockenthwaite
"You could open his car with the sonic screwdriver couldn't you Story?" says Elizabeth. "That way we could check the map. Don't worry," she says, turning to Leonek and smiling, "the sonic screwdriver won't damage your car. How near is the car?"

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:28 pm
by DrPeterson
"It is parked across the road, at the hotel.", Leonek frowns,"but they are there as well, the janitor..." A cold shiver runs down Leonek's spine as he thinks about the uncanny resemblance between the man and the monster.

He gives Elizabeth a confused look.

"Sonic...screwdriver? What's that? With a regular screwdriver I could try to open it too."

"Or a brick...", he adds in a mutter.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 am
by DetectiveSocks
Remembering speaking with the curator from the museum, Salem speaks up,"The manor is owned by the Lake family. Haven't learned much about it, only that some World War II vet bought it, name was Captain Lake. Sorry fellas, that's all I remember," Salem shrugs his shoulders.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 am
by yockenthwaite
"Oh Captain Lake, yes I remember now!" says Elizabeth. "He was killed by Virgil Soames's brother wasn't he? The lady at the museum gave us some directions to the manor. Now what were they ..." She pauses for a moment, recollecting her thoughts. "I think she said if you go from the museum towards the inn, then turn right at the next junction the road leads to the manor. It's just past the cottage where Virgil Soames lives, where we were earlier, and the manor has a long drive leading up to it."

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 am
by BenTheRat
Elliot takes all this in with a bit of doubt. "Well if nothing else lets go get the map to the mansion. I say we hit it now before they can reinforce. If our cover is blown to them, its no use hiding anymore. I think the bartender was one of them as well."

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:33 am
by MikeTheMoose
"Waitress, Elliot. I misspoke earlier in my anxiety."

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy
"I don't think there's any need for a brick," says Valerie. "I know a trick with a coat hanger that should get the Land Rover open, or I could use a hairpin if one isn't available. Of course, I may need some assistance starting the engine. We may want to bring both vehicles with us in case we need to make a speedy getaway, and I have the keys to my own car."
Story,The sonic screwdriver would require a Mechanical Repair roll to trip the lock on the door; however, it could start the ignition without a roll.
OOC,The museum sells T-shirts. It also sells guidebooks like the one you bought earlier, which has a map of Dunwich on the back cover. [b]Leonek[/b]'s map of Suffolk doesn't show any detail of the town itself, as it covers a wider area. [b]Elizabeth[/b] has the directions right. Feel free to continue discussing your plans as you head towards wherever you're going. This will most likely be my last post before I leave tomorrow, so hopefully you'll have decided on a course of action by the time I return and am ready to post again.

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek nods, clasping his arms around himself, rubbing his bare skin as he stamps his feet.

"Whatever we do, we'd best hurry up before they are able to raise the alarm. Maybe getting the cars and then busting in quickly to liberate Dr. Kirby and disappearing as fast as we appeared?"

He looks around for confirmation, especially from his superior officers.

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 pm
by aine
Tobias narrows his eyes at the mention of the sonic screwdriver. "I'm pretty handy at...er... getting into things and places." He says. "I had some special tools but lost them in the crash; I don't suppose any of you guys have any skeleton keys? They might be useful later. I'm also very handy with a pistol if anyone has a spare weapon." He asks the travellers. He looks around the group. "There are enough of us to initiate a rescue and create a diversion elsewhere to protect the rescuers. I suggest one vehicle for each group." The dour engineer seems to have totally changed; it's almost as if he is accustomed to command. "...That's if we use that plan, of course." He remembers himself and grins sheepishly.

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:41 pm
by MikeTheMoose
Chad, noting the further anomalies in the new member of the party suffers some unrest. This group was an ever changing blob of unknown elements. And they were continually holding back. It seems Chad had, had enough of it.

"OK Traveling IN a phone booth. Advanced tools. I've had about enough with all the pretexts right this second. We are in serious danger. A woman's life is at stake. We need to trust each other. And we need to know each other. No more beating around the bush. No more plausible stories that omit the real story. No offense Professor. Let's get to the brass tacks. I would like everyone here to be honest. One at a time, re-introduce ourselves, stating *EXACTLY* where we are from in a way that won't leave the wrong impression, What we do in a way that allows us to understand what each of us can do if needed, what we have that can possibly help the situation, and what our interest is in Dunwich. I will go first. My name is Chad Engram, I was born in Exeter England in 1948. I am a pilot for a special operations unit headquartered here in England that investigates and combats paranormal and extraterrestrial threats to the Earth. I am here to investigate the Dr. Kirby's disappearance after she was sent to Dunwich by my unit to investigate the aberrant physiology of a deceased person we believe to be descended from here. I can fly aircraft, most of the time anyway, I've got a Luger pistol with 24 rounds of ammunition. Our mission here is to locate and rescue Dr. Kirby, with an implied objective of continuing to gather information on this paranormal phenomenon. Now, what about you professor?"

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:16 pm
by jaysun81
Just as Story opens his mouth to respond to Elizabeth's question about the sonic screwdriver he stops to hear what Chad has to say. As Chad brings his introduction to a close Story smiles, glances at his companions, runs his hand through his hair, looks out at the water, exhales deeply, and then finally he turns his attention to Chad and say, "When it comes to Dr. Kirby's rescue and her life, which hangs in the balance, who I am is ultimately irrelevant. However, since you're lodging a protest and potentially delaying the rescue with unnecessary questions I will answer you. The name is Story, I'm a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey which is located in a binary star system within the constellation of Kasterborous. For specific directions the galactic coordinates are ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two from galactic zero center. These..." Gestures toward his friends. "are my human companions pulled from various times in Earth's history. We go where we are needed. And where we are need is where ever the Tardis sends us. Officially I travel for research purposes to hear the tales of other galactic races. I just happened to fall in love with your race." Story smiles to himself and then looks at his companions - Brook, Elizabeth, and finally Lucius - before looking back to Chad. "All that said my good sir perhaps now isn't the time, or the place, to sit for a cup of tea and introduce ourselves further." Reaches in his pocket. "As far as my sonic screwdriver...well, it's just multi-purpose tool of mine that operates on a sonic level."

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:41 am
by Thorn
Brook waves a little. "Hello. Brook Davies. London, as I said before. Born 1994."

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:09 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods. "Elizabeth Young, born Dumfriesshire, Scotland, 1930s. Occupation: school teacher. I know this is all hard to believe, but this really isn't the time for interrogations or arguments. Can we please head to the mansion as soon as possible, before it's too late?"

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:37 am
by aine
"I agree, maam; we should get moving." Says Tobias, glad of an excuse to change the subject and he avoids Chad's eye. "It's a fair way back to the town so we should get started. We can formulate a plan on the way." He looks at Raymond, his boss, for affirmation. He looks at the two swimmers, "You guys okay to move?"

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:16 pm
by BenTheRat
"We can talk while we walk, after that jog to the beach I think we all need a bit of a breather. Valarie, are you okay to keep moving?" Elliot takes her arm to help her. "So we have a time traveling alien in a box, a young lady who says she's born the same year as Valerie but looks a decade younger than me. A teenager from the future, does your mum even know you're out? Name's Elliot and no offense but we are trained professionals in these matters. We are here to rescue one of our own."
Then towards Chad, "Sir I'm not sure we should be including civilians in on this mission. Especially ones that sound like they stepped out of a bad Sci-Fi episode of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. He shakes his head, "Names Elliot and if anyone should go into this place to locate the good doctor it should either be me and Valarie here, or all of us guns blazing. I'm thinking the stealthy approach is a better option."

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 pm
by Thorn
Brook smiles a little. "I love Douglas Adams….As for my mum, she's long gone. Dad to." She frowns. "Although…They're probably around now…They should be teenagers now…" She looks to Story.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm
by jaysun81
Story smiles at Brook and asks, "Where would they be at this time?"

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:52 pm
by Thorn
"I don't really know….I think my mum was from Cornwall, and my dad a londoner, but I was so little when they died. I don't really know much about them." Brook shakes her head. "Never mind. Let's just focus on saving the woman."

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 am
by jaysun81
Story nods and securely tucks the information away for another time.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth smiles as Brook talks. Then she turns to Elliot, with a more serious expression on her face. "I know our story sounds like something out of a science fiction comic, but it's true. And we've faced a lot of strange and dangerous things in our journeys. So we can probably help you, more than you think. And the creatures have our blue box, the TARDIS, that we need to get back to get out of here. So we've an incentive to help you. But we don't want to get in the way. You are the professionals as you say. But if we can help at all, please let us."

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:10 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek eagerly nods, his state of undress somewhat diminishing the gravitas of his words.

We can leave the explaining for later and save Dr. Kirby now. I will show you to your box when she's free.

"If Elliott, Mrs Soames and perhaps one other person who's a pretty good sneak, go and rescue Dr. Kirby, the rest of us could go liberate your box. They seemed very interested in whoever owned it."

Leonek looks at the Time Lord with a rueful smile.

"I'm guessing that's you. And I'm also guessing that your visible presence will be enough to draw most of them to where you are."

The young man shrugs, not too comfortable speaking before such a large and dressed audience.

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:39 pm
by aine

Tobias walks slowly back towards the town with the others, he falls in step with Lucius, "You guys got some interesting technology then, seeing as you fly through time? I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to stuff like that, guess that's why I became an engineer."

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm
by DetectiveSocks
With a dubious look on Salem's face, he looks towards Leonek, "So you're saying Story will distract most of the town folks, while Elliot and Soames sneak inside the mansion, as the rest of us get this blue box? That's quite the risky mission, but I don't suppose anybody else has a better idea?"

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 pm
by Thorn
"Story has to go with the group getting the TARDIS. He's the only one who can fly her." Brook says.

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 am
by jaysun81
Story listens to Leonek and Salem and then looks at Brook before saying, "I understand your desire to use me as bait but I must recover the Tardis."

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek scratches at this arm, the salty of the seawater is starting to crust and looks confused at Story, his brow is furrowed as he's thinking hard about the English words.

"No, no, no, I was saying that you go after your tar,..TARDIS machine and that that will be enough of a distraction. Especially if we do it very loud and obvious and with a lot of people."

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 pm
by aine
"That sounds like a plan of sorts. I'm happy to help out with the, er, Tardis team." Says Tobias nonchalantly.

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:26 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad absorbs the the various timey wimey wobbly gobbly explanations. He shakes of some initial disbelief,as their apparent competence in identifying the anomaly in the area certainly belies ability beyond mundane explanations like shared delusion. I agree Elliott, having civilians along is certainly not ideal. But let's be frank. They have no way to leave and get to safety. We've got nowhere to hide them. I'm sure by this point they understand the risks. And unfortunately," Chad rolls his eyes acknowledging his own participation in their predicament. "Our gear was destroyed in an untimely manner, and now that our covers are blown prematurely, we are at a severe disadvantage, and could use all the help we can get so we don't end up fish bait. Another really good idea since we are so badly compromised is to contact HQ and tell them what we know. So first they can prioritize our reinforcement and resupply, second so they can know what happened if the fish win."

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:31 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad turns to Leonek. "I'm not talented at sneaking, I'd probably be better for the phone booth recovery."

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem clues in to Leonek, "Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. Although, we'll be charging into a hornet's nest." Turning to Chad, "We should inform HQ that we're compromised, and acquire a priority one on our gear immediately, including reinforcements. We're more of a scientific and infiltration team, then anything combative."

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 am
by BenTheRat
Elliot nods, "understand, I just work here man, its your call. I like the idea of all of you going after the Tarpit thing and Val and I can do what we do best without being distracted."

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek turns to Tobias and Salem.

"With Raymond somewhat distant, you two are in command. Tobias is Raymond's assistant and Capt. Salem is our ranking officer. I would rather go save Dr. Kirby, but I know those caves where that police box is. And the ones going in, will need some back up should things go wrong."

Leonek indicates his near nakedness.

"I'm already dressed for the water anyway."

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem rolls his eyes, "It's true I'm the high ranking officer of this mission, but I hardly have any field work under my belt. I'm only the Captain, for my specialty as a biologist and physician, and equal standing with Dr. Kirby. Salem's young features belies his rank as a Captain.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 am
by yockenthwaite
"So we go for the TARDIS," says Elizabeth, questioningly, looking towards Story, "with him coming along to help us?" She nods her head towards Leonek then. "That sounds like a plan of sorts anyway, and something we can work with."

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 pm
by aine
Leonek: "With Raymond somewhat distant, you two are in command. Tobias is Raymond's assistant and Capt. Salem is our ranking officer.
Tobias shrugs, "Although I'm new to your outfit, I've had some experience in the field. I suggest that with the bulk of us going for the tardis, enemy spies might not realise there are a small group missing; these may be able to infiltrate the manor. Valerie and Elliott look so unlikely anyway; they can probably blag their way out of any problems." He grins wryly,

"It's up to the rest of us to persuade the enemy that the tardis is our only objective. We really could do with some firepower. I had a spanking new pistol; a Glock 17, but lost it in the crash. I'll be happy with anything I can get hold of."

He hunkers down and draws in the sand,
"If we approach the caves in several small groups, the enemy cannot concentrate their fire; if one group get overwhelmed the other can attack from the flank."

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 pm
by Thorn
"Do we have to swim in, or is there another way?" Brook asks.

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 am
by jaysun81
Story looks from Elizabeth to Leonek and says,"My apologies Leonek, sorry for misunderstanding you. As to who goes where the plan sounds solid to me."

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek gives Brook an apologetic shrug.

"I'm sorry, I only know of the cave entrance. There are probably more though."

He then turns to Tobias.

"I lost my gun in the water, all I have now is this diving knife."

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:18 am
by jaysun81
Story runs his hand through his hair and says, "Since we must swim we have to be very cautious. From what I gather there is no place more dangerous than the water. Leonek, is the entrance close to the surface or down deep?"

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:32 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek turns to Story , holding his hand about 3 feet from the ground.

"It starts a few feet under the water. It's a pretty wide cave and not a very difficult dive. And you are right, those creature look like they're made for the deep."

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:07 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at his companions and says, "I know I don't need to say this to you all but be mindful of everything. We're about to be playing in their sandbox. No matter..." Story looks at Brook "what get to the Tardis. You will be safe."

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:35 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth smiles at Story. "We'll be careful, don't worry too much about us. And we'll be together, which always helps."

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:04 am
by Thorn
Brook nods at what Elisabeth says. "Yes, we'll be careful. And once we're inside, no problem." She smiles.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Wait what?" Salem blinks profusely and looks to Leonek, "How big is this phone booth? And how does it fit all these people?"

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek shrugs, his complacent self again.

"I don't know, I would much rather rescue Dr. Kirby, but I'm the only one with terrain experience. The box is about the standard size for a phone box. Maybe they squeeze.?"

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:26 pm
by aine
"And how do we get the box out of the cave - will it fit through the entrance?" Tobias asks. "Do we wait for nightfall or go in now? Either way we'll need torches in the cave."

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:29 pm
by Thorn
"That's not a problem once we get to it," Brook smiles. "She doesn't just travel in time….and it's quite roomy inside. You know, like a tent. It feels big when you're inside it, then you take it down and see the impression on the grass, and can't believe you could fit four people in such a small space."

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:16 am
by jaysun81
Story smiles as Brook explains and says, "Brook's explanation is the easiest."

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad sees that the plan is firming up. He re-holsters his pistol for the moment. "Well I don't recommend sending a single person to contact HQ, that sort of thing is how messages don't get delivered. So one team should take on the responsibility of contacting HQ prior to executing their mission, that team is likely going to be observed and perhaps overheard by the opposition, so maybe our Phone Box rescuing team should do it, since secrecy isn't critical to our mission?"

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:01 am
by The Hunter
This whole time Raymond seems to have been listening intently trying to sort out everything that he's hearing. That's got weird and interesting quite rapidly. Finally he speaks, The plan is sound to me. I understand that this box, TARDIS, is important to you, Story, I want to make it perfectly clear that my priority is Dr. Kirby. She is a close associate of mine and her life, a human life, is in danger.
Jumping In,Hi all, apologies for anything I might be slow to catching up on and such. Just spent the past two or so hours reading and catching up on everything lol :P.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 am
by jaysun81
"Yes, yes, I totally understand that. If I could find her without Leonek's aid I would." Story smiles and continues, "That said I truly appreciate Leonek helping me recover the Tardis."

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 am
by Mr. Handy
"I like the plan too," said Valerie Soames. She gives Elizabeth a grin and a knowing look. "I was born in the 1920s, as it happens. I just look a bit younger than my age, but I've got nothing on you, my dear."

The group walked up the beach and soon reached the crossroads. From here the inn was visible, including the car park containing the Model T Ford and the Land Rover. Valerie went with Elliot to the vehicles. "Let me see if I can get your Land Rover open." She took a pin out of her hair and stood in front of the driver's door, tinkering around in the lock, but she couldn't quite get it. After a minute, she gave up and offered the hairpin to Elliot. "Perhaps you'd like to have a go?"
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Locksmith if you want to try to pick the lock.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth smiles at Valerie's comment, and walks quietly with the group, looking around all the time for anything suspicious, or any sign of anyone watching them.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:10 pm
by jaysun81
Story follows Valerie and Elliot to the vehicles and from his pockets he pulls out the sonic screwdriver as he says, "May I take a look?"

He aims the device at the lock and after a few seconds of humming, and a click from inside the door, that particular door is now unlocked. Story looks at Valerie and Elliot smiles and flips the sonic screwdriver in his hand before putting it away safely in his pocket and says, "No time to waste, eh?"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4304690/]Mechanical Repair - 20% (1d100=15)[/url]

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:59 pm
by The Hunter
As the group approaches the crossroads Raymond looks about and says, "I'll phone in to HQ, whoever is coming with me let's head that direction." He's trying to keep a casual appearance while looking about to judge how any visible locals are perceiving the group (or if there are any peering from within windows and such) to gauge how badly their cover has been blown and how fast it's spread through town.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:04 pm
by jaysun81
Before either could respond Story pulls the sonic screwdriver back out and says, "I almost forgot." He then opens the door and climbs in. Having been in automobiles before he knows what to look for so he aligns the screwdriver to the ignition and once again it begins to hum. Mere seconds later the engine roars to life. For a moment he sits there and listens to the engine and smiles before getting back out of the car. Once out he looks at them both before once again putting the sonic screwdriver away and winks at them.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 pm
by aine
Tobias watches the episode with great interest. When Story gets out of the car he says, "Would it be alright to take a quick look at the sonic screwdriver, Sir? I'm very interested in gadgets."

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:21 pm
by DetectiveSocks
"Lead the way Raymond" Salem follows his lead, showing weariness in his eyes from his near-death experience, but makes an effort to be aware of his surroundings.

Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek gapes open-mouthed at Story's handiwork.

"How...channelling sound in such a way that it effects mechanical parts is inconceivable such a small device. You'd need at least a resonance chamber the size of room to pull that off..."

Leonek shakes his head and looks at Raymond heading off to make the call.
"We should all get going. I'll drive the jeep back to the beach."

He nods at the two people for the stealth mission and wishes them luck.

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:16 am
by jaysun81
Story looks over at Tobias and says, "Certainly...but only for a moment it seems we must be going." He then hands the sonic screwdriver to Tobias to look at.

As Tobias looks it over and smiles at Leonek then says, "Now perhaps...but one day it will compressed. Just look at the computer."

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:56 pm
by aine
Tobias nods a thank you and scrutinizes the screwdriver carefully. "I think I can see how this might work - it's very clever; what's the power source? He finally hands it back rather reluctantly and then takes out his notebook and makes some notes and a sketch.
Handy,To gain pertinent information on the new technology: mech/electrical repair (50%) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4306165/]1d100=30[/url]

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
There were tourists walking about the area, but nobody who looked like a local. None of them seemed to be paying the group any undue attention.

The Land Rover's engine purred to life when Story tripped the ignition with the sonic screwdriver.

Salem and Raymond walked down St. James's Street to the red public phone booth halfway between the inn and the church at the far end of the street, a few blocks away. It was right near Dr. Strong's cottage.

"Ah, thank you," said Valerie to Story, replacing the pin in her hair. She got behind the wheel of her car and glanced up at Elliot. "Shall we go?"
OOC,The Land Rover is a 110, a station wagon rather than a jeep. It holds a maximum of eight people (two in the front, three in the middle, and three in the back). [b]Valerie[/b] and [b]Elliot[/b] are going in the car, so that leaves nine of you. In a pinch one of the smaller people could sit on someone's lap, but it would be a really tight squeeze.
Tobias Maddox,[spoiler]That's a Physics roll, which still passes.[/spoiler] [b]Tobias[/b] saw from examining the sonic screwdriver that [b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Story[/b]'s explanation made a lot of sense. It did have some kind of miniaturized resonance chamber that amplified the sonic waves. He might have been able to reverse engineer it if he could get it to a fully stocked lab.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 am
by jaysun81
Story tells Tobias, "A rechargeable battery."

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:49 am
by The Hunter
Raymond picks up the phone and dials in to HQ. Trying to maintain a casual appearance while it rings, the rapid paced tapping of one of his index finger on the phone box itself shows is anxiety. Should HQ pick up he requests to speak to the brigadier immediately. "Sir, we think we've located Dr. Kirby. She's located in a a local manor, held by several many of the locals whose..." Raymand glances up to Salem for a moment in hesitation, "condition...might be worse than Armistead's and are highly dangerous and hostile. We don't know how much time she has. If at all possible we need reinforcements" Suddenly Raymond stops and looks up at Salem again with quite concerned eyes. He moves the phone from his face momentarily.

"Bugged?" he mouths questioningly to Salem and pointing to the phone. It's apparent by the barely masked horror on his face that he's concerned that too much information may have already been overheard and due to his previous call to HQ is wondering if that might no have contributed to their cover being blown.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:32 pm
by BenTheRat
Elliot was a bit disappointed he didn't get a chance to use his skills, but a bit relieved he wasn't put on the spot in front of everyone.
He hands the pin back to Valerie and gets in the car.

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:47 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek gets behind the wheel of the Land Rover, his bare feet awkwardly getting the feel of the pedals.

All right, people, let's get this mission moving. Could everybody get in? And squeeze tight, there's not enough space for you all.

Mr.Handy:,Can I make a Luck roll to find some spare clothes in the back of the Land Rover or did those perish in the helicopter crash?

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Valerie started the car, and the engine came to life. "Is there anything else before we go?" she asked the others.

"Thank you, MacIntyre," replied Brigadier Crichton to Raymond over the phone. "At least there's some good news, that Dr. Kirby is most likely still alive. We're still requisitioning the equipment you requested, but I fear the soonest I can get that and any reinforcements to Dunwich is tomorrow at dawn. Losing that helicopter cost us dearly, and we'll be dependent on ground transport to reach you. Your group is our rapid repsonse team, and it will be difficult to assemble another on short notice. It will be up to you to get Dr. Kirby out of there."
Leonek Novak,There were no clothes or additional equipment in the Land Rover. You have only the things you brought with you.

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 am
by The Hunter
Raymond nods grimly, "Yes, sir. We'll keep you updated." He hangs up the phone and looks to Salem, "We're on our own on this. Let's be quick about this then." With that Raymond will hurry over to the others in the Land Rover.

"Got a hold of HQ and let them in on the situation," he says to the others as he finds a place to get in the car.

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:48 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth gets into the front of the car beside Leonek. "I'm getting into the front," she says to him, "because I think I know where we are going, if I've remember the directions correctly. And from here I've got the best view to direct you." She smiles at him, hoping he agrees to her plan. "But gosh," she says, looking behind her, "you're right, it is going to be a squeeze."

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:17 am
by DetectiveSocks
Salem lets out a deep sigh, "Well, let's get this over with," as Salem attempts to climb into the Land Rover, humouring the thought that maybe the trunk seems more appealing.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:39 am
by MikeTheMoose
Chad stuffs himself in the backseat of the Rover. "Well this ought to be cozy."

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:28 am
by DrPeterson
Elizabeth's presence suddenly has Leonek feeling a whole lot less secure.
Leonek thinking:   Where does she want to go? Does she have to sit so close? Why am I not wearing trousers?  
"I...uhm, I was just going to drive back to the shack..."

He's blushing now, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

Once everyone's gotten aboard, he'll drive to the phone booth to pick up the other two.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:05 pm
by aine
Tobias swings aboard, looking thoughtful.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:21 pm
by Thorn
Brook also squeezes in wherever there's room.

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth notices Leonek blush, and suddenly realises why. She grins, and looks to the side, out of the window. "Ok, wherever you think best," she replies to him, being careful not to look at him.

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:36 am
by BenTheRat
"Looks like we're all in, lets go." Elliot says.

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:38 am
by jaysun81
"Ha! Wait for me kiddo." Story squeezes into the automobile.

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:01 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek mutters his gratitude under his breath and once everyone's aboard, he starts driving towards the shack.

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Valerie[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
The Rescue
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below.
Fury From the Deep