The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

The Mountains of the Moon, do they exist?

A dare from The Sunday Club, MU.

As new members, or might-be-members, you attend a seance at a professor's house.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Friday 11 April, 2014
AM 10:30

The Reading Room, MU Library -

In a windowless corner of the reading room, housed under a catwalk library overpass, Audrey Duprey sits in a high backed, black, corner leather sofa tapping away on a widescreen ipad. She's alone in the den which is spaced for 9-12 people utilizing the various couches and sofas. End tables in dark oak are placed out intricately. On the two walls, dystopian vistas from sci-fi movies fight about the space. Currently, Ridley Scott is close to outnumbering James Cameron. The newest addition to the walls is Prometheus 2.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

Post by Mr. Handy »

Julianne Darling enters the reading room, her laptop case slung over her shoulder. She looks over the posters on the walls, noticing the new one. I can't believe they're making Prometheus 2, she thinks. The first one had an excellent cast, but the writing was so...meh. You'd think people actually in the characters' positions would have reacted more...I don't know, competently? Well, maybe they'll do a better job on the sequel. She heads over to the sofas. "Hi," she says to Audrey.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Audrey slowly looks up at the disturbing person. "Mmm, yes?... Who might you be then, darling?" She doesn't wait for a response and the tone of her voice is drenched in disinterest. "I'm sure I'll be picked. My father will see to that." She studies Julianne's blue eyes. "How are you making them accept you?" She lets her eyes wander the full length of Ms Darling's body, stopping at her shoes. She bats her eye lashes and awaits an answer.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I am Darling," says Julianne with a grin. "Julianne Darling. I'm not about to reveal my game plan to the competition, but let's just say my father can be persuasive too, in his own way. I'm not too shabby at it myself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Julian Winter enters the Reading Room too, he is dressed in a smart suit, a black umbrella in one hand, a leather briefcase in the other. He leaves the umbrella at the door and walks straight-backed towards the seating area.

Giving a brief nod and a calculated smile, he greets the two women.

"Good morning, ladies."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, good morning," says Julianne, turning when Julian speaks. She smiles as she looks him over. Well, he's sure a looker, she thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"And here comes another one..." the dark haired girl in the sofa says while putting away her ipad. "I guess you two would need directions to Fairview?" "Ah, and have you considered what we are doing for the picnic excursion Friday 18th?"

Audrey Duprey seems to have no doubt of being accepted to the club. You are all aware of Professor Duprey's recent trip to the Valley of the Kings. The professor is currently preparing his next expedition taking him to Turkey.
The expedition leaves on Monday 21.

The competing university of Arkham, G.U.E. Tech has been doing pranks at MU for the last twenty years or so. The pranks are rumoured to stem from a grizzly run of murders on G.U.E. Tech campus where students were being found murdered on the grounds and in the tunnels below...

At MU campus, Prof N.E. Brown is holding a meeting in his office regarding a coal mine incident in Pennsylvania. The Bendix Coal Co in Gibsville is looking for help from the university. Interested parties may join for extra credits. The meeting is at PM 2:30 today.
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

I enter the room and cooly survey those in attendance ... my rivals to the arms of ... no my rivals to this most exclusive of clubs here on campus. First to the good-looking guy in the smart suit ...
  'no too aloof; but he does have potential. Then there is the women.'  
I think to myself.
  'The blonde is dressed very classily, you can tell when people have it and those who need to buy it - and she definitely has it. The brunette though - now where have I seen her before ... erm no Cannot place her. Let's deal with the women first.'  
"Hello there, I take it that this is the waiting room for the Sunday Club. I move towards the settee where the women are seated. I am Felicity, Felicity Hyde-Young." I say as I move forward extending my hand towards the brunette, a big wide grin on my face.
  'I'm here at last, don't rock the boat now Fiss!'  
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Great, this will be perfect. Welcome all of you. Now, as I was asking before Fine came. What for the picnic-event? Are we breaking in somewhere for a bite, or just a cat burglary for a good book? Ah, I don't have a clue what they do for picnics, but we have to have something fab for a suggestion when we are in!" She beams a radiant smile at Felicity, "Audrey Duprey, your host for Sunday." She waves at the other two. "This is Julian and Julienne."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Julianne," she says. "Julianne Darling. It's nice to meet you both. Funny that we have such similar names, Julian. Do you and Ms. Duprey already know each other? She knew your name, but you never said it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

I shake the hand of Audrey, Julianne and Julian in turn, trying to make my handshake firm but not overly so and my smile never wavering ... or at least I hope it doesn't waver. "Duprey you say, one of my professors is called Duprey, is he any relation at all?" I ask Audrey. "Sorry, we seem to be bombarding you with questions Audrey."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Miss Audrey Duprey seems to be well informed of her competition before this informal meeting. You all recall being sent written invitations to the wifi-den from Richard Potter.

Professor Duprey holds a handful of lectures each term but his main focus is heading the Turkish expeditions for MU.

"Yes he's my dad. Clever of you Felicity... You might have heard his lecture on anthropolpgy from Asia Minor as he stubbornly calls Turkey. Anyway, wait till you see the piece he brought from Egypt. It will blow your mind." She smiles wickedly back at Felicity. To Julian, she says, "Do you care for hypnosis? I overheard the girls of the club discussing 'speaking with the dead' " She makes a dead-eye face and laughs madly. Composing herself she says. "No really do you believe in spirits and such?" She seems to curse herself under her breath for dropping her guard for a second.

Ooc- Hmm my bad on calling her Aubrey - that's another character another scenario. No
Penhew here! Move along! Stay calm!

My laptop had a seizure and I'm doing my best sitting in the cabin writing on my phone... Slooowly. No fancy formating, no pictures. I'll be pimping the pages when I get back home.

Btw. Is Audrey coming across as a spoiled brat? That's what I'm going for. A little unsure of proper phrases and such. I guess you caught that judging from your replies.

Cheers!
TVblog

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Julian shifts in his seat, leaning back comfortably, or is it arrogantly?

"Your father is right to call it Asia Minor, at least that was the name it bore when it was still the centre of exalted culture."

He almost sniggers.

"At least they still spoke Greek back then."

He picks a speck of his suit, smiling an almost patronising smile at the new girl, she was a bit girly, wasn't she?

"That would depend on what you'd call spirits, Audrey, but I doubt our definitions synchronise."

He then smiles at Julianne.

"Yes, imagine what ominous Fates must have brought us together on this auspicious hour."

He laughs lightly, amused.

"Though I'm almost sure someone of your vim is more frequently addressed as Jules."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, sometimes," says Julianne, grinning back at Julian, "but most folks call me Juli for short. I don't believe in coincidence either. The two of us must have been meant to be here."
OOC,Yes, she's coming across the right way. I haven't noticed any incorrect phrases, just a couple of misspelled names.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Juli", he pronounces the name almost as if he's savouring it.

"I've never been called anything like that.", with a smile he adds: "But I can't say I consider that a bad thing."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

When Julian is talking to Julienne, I turn my attention to the Brunette ...
  'what was her name again?' Audrey that was it.  
"Do you mind if I sit next to you Audrey? You are of course right - I was at your fathers lecture on Asia Minor." I look over towards Julian. "Or Turkey as we would call it," I turn my attention back towards Audrey.

"Very good lecture if I remember rightly, certainly one of the better ones I have been to. It's funny how we should look to the past as humanity tends to fall into the same traps time after time. I think this is what attracts me to Anthropology, looking at other civilisations and making comparisons to our own - totally fascinating don't you think?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I was at that lecture too," says Julianne, still able to follow the other conversation, though most of his attention is devoted to Julian. She feels a genuine connection with him, and he seems to be reciprocating. "I've mainly studied psychology, but I'm also taking courses in history and anthropology. What are you studying?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"You were at the same lecture Julianne, what a small world. My major is Anthropology with other studies in Archeology, and Ancient History." I return my attention to Audrey. "So Audrey, what are you here for today, why are you interested in joining the Sunday Club?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And what courses are you taking, Julian?" asks Julianne.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I had Archaeology and Ancient History, but my subjects mainly focus on Classical Languages, Philosophy and Art Histoy now."

He gingerly leans back in his seat, his legs crossed as he pulls a pocket watch from his waistcoat to check the time.

Return to “Trail to Kadath”