The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

The Mountains of the Moon, do they exist?

A dare from The Sunday Club, MU.

As new members, or might-be-members, you attend a seance at a professor's house.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the walk-in cooler/pantry-
Julienne finds a well stocked cheese fridge. A stocked wine stand and delikatessen from Germany and Italy for topping the sandwiches. Apparently Audrey had spent the afternoon baking rolls and small-breads. The salami smells deliciously and the peppers look tasty. A Parma ham sits on a side table with the newspaper wrapping still on. The price tag is out of this world.

Red and green grapes lay in bowls along with apples of various colours.

Everything looks just right.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Wow, these are quality ingredients! thinks Julianne, setting to work. I can't go wrong with these. Hearing the doorbell, she prepares to make three ham sandwiches.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Julian quirks an eyebrow, he didn't like being called Julienne it reminded him of childhood overmuch.

He replies cooly: "I can certify that I didn't bring a friend or two, nor did I bring a party, gang, gaggle or other unruly lot of vertically challenged henchmen."

With a roguish smile, he adds: "Now if you don't turn into a wild animal to devour us, we should get along nicely."

His eyes turn to the wine and glasses.

"I'm sure you'll tell me all about ...Juli's exploit over a glass of rosé."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Did I say that wrong again? Jul...Julian. That´s it, I´m sooo sorry." Audrey hears a voice in her head. "You scarrrred our foood. Wees hungrry. Must be niiice..." Absentmindedly she blinks away the discomfort. "You can hang your coat there." She nods at the hanger stand with tentacle hooks. "Here´s a glass.", she beams a grin at Julian and adds. "Julianne can tell you herself, she´s much better with words than I am." She leads the way to the kitchen, past the majestic stairs and the dining room. They find the kitchen empty. Sounds of rummaging come from the pantry.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Having removed his coat, Julian follows her into the kitchen. He puts his bag on the table and takes out a bottle of Californian pinot noir.

"It would seem you have a noisy burglar in your pantry."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ya caught me!" says Julianne, poking her smiling head out from the pantry. "Hi, Julian! Do you like ham sandwiches?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"The Romans found no meat finer than pork,Juli. Who am I to gainsay such austere sources?"

He sips some of the wine.

"Audrey told me you've been up to some exploits worthy of some renown."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It was magnificent!" exults Julianne as she prepares the sandwiches. "I pulled the ultimate prank! I don't know how I'm going to top it next time. It was a modern update on the Orson Welles War of the Worlds broadcast from 1938. I sent a series of fake news alerts to the cell phones of the students, combined with bogus postings on Twitter and other social media. If there's one thing I've learned from my father, it's how to manipulate large groups of people. So many of them were utterly convinced that aliens were invading Earth."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As Julianne waves her arms in dramatic gestures, Sally Garfield arrives along with Nils Lindstrom. The two scuffle in the hallway almost toppling the coat stand over. "Now, now, take it easy guys!" The kitchen musketeers hear Richard Potter´s voice carry over the mansion.

Audrey excuses herself, "Ah, Richard...", "I´ll be right back!" She heads for the stairs to welcome the young man.
TVblog

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Ah, I heard some students talking about it on campus. They were quite impressed. I myself steer clear from social media, so I had no idea what they were on about."

He looks in the direction of the hallway.

"It's would seem that our party is getting started..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, and I'm sure we're going to need more sandwiches," says Julianne, carving the ham and laying out slices on the bread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The seance is starting at Fairview Manor. Welcome!
TVblog

Return to “Trail to Kadath”