The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

The Mountains of the Moon, do they exist?

A dare from The Sunday Club, MU.

As new members, or might-be-members, you attend a seance at a professor's house.

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: The Wifi-Den - Reading Room - Library - MU

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've studied my share of history, both ancient and more recent," says Julianne, leaning forward with interest even as Julian leaned back. "We've interests in common, and perhaps we'll be taking some of the same classes too. That's an interesting watch. Not many people wear pocket watches nowadays. There must be a story behind it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"I'm sure there is."

Julian smiles amusedly at Juli and pockets the watch.

"Considering the goal of our being here, I gather most of us share a few commons interests. However, to uphold some spirit of competition, I don't think it would do to throw all our cards on the table."

To take any possible edge of his words, he lowers his voice and adds with a smile.

"Perhaps we could discuss it at some other time."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd be delighted," says Julianne, grinning back, "and I understand completely. I was just saying something similar to Ms. Duprey before you came in."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Having been virtually ignored by Audrey I give up on that line of query. No that's two questions from me that's she's ignored ... and I operate on the two strike rule.
  Obviously thinks herself above the likes of me - well to hell with her then! The stuck up mare! Have to remember my goal is to get into this club though so keep trying girl.  
So I instead talk across the room to Julian and Julienne thinking that
  they should maybe get a room, at least on her part.  

"Isn't it strange how our studies seem to overlap in certain fields, though our majors vary" I throw out to the room in general.
  'I wonder if that's by design?'  
I muse to myself.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Like I said," says Julianne, "I don't believe in coincedence. We're all here for a reason."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

"Yes Julienne, I am inclined to agree that coincidences just do not exist. Things happen for a reason, and maybe it's just that we do not see that reason at this time."
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, yes, sure looks fine. We all having something in common. Just remember to bring wine and be on time. Sunday, 7PM Fairview Manor, OK. Ah...Sally had something she had to show us. That will be hilarious. And remember - Nils is mine." Audrey seems to be satisfied with having seen the new applicants to the club. This leaves time to spend Saturday doing some mischief or even study.

Audrey smiles at the three around the table and wrangles past heading for the exit.

"Wait till you see dad's statues..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"See you there," says Julianne, waving as Audrey leaves.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ll be moving this along to the night at Fairview Manor.
The current time is 7PM and Audrey stands on the impressive stone stairs holding up a somber woodcut front door with a huge glass pane rimmed with lead borders.

During the week professor Duprey had been busy preparing for the next expedition the next day. He´s out of town to visit some colleagues before the departure, leaving Audrey in charge of the manor.

As a get in-to-the-mood topic, she asks the first Sunday Club member or would-be member that arrives a welcoming question.
"What do you think of the picnic the other day? Fabulous, right? I still got sore knees from that one..."
OOC:   And, what did you do for hazing on Friday? What prank did you play?  

Last Friday night, 11PM-

A slight fog hung almost non-moving over the ditch trailing the road exiting Arkham to the West.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It was fantastic!" says Julianne. "I've never had so much fun!" She fondly thinks back on the amazing prank she pulled, tricking many on campus into believing that an alien invasion was underway in a 21st century update on the infamous War of the Worlds broadcast on October 30, 1938. Using a series of tweets, social media postings, and news alerts directed to students' cell phones, with accompanying photos and videos ripped from the Internet to support her fabrication, she had managed to slowly build the tension until sheer panic had erupted. It started out seemingly innocent, with astronmers supposedly discovering a large object headed towards Earth, though they were confident that it would miss by a wide margin. Later, more objects were detected, a swarm of them. Then the objects made a course correction, heading straight for Earth - something no natural space object could do. Then they accelerated. Before long, they were coming down all over the world, including one not far from Arkham. A nonexistent noted professor that everyone would be too embarrassed to admit not having heard of led a group going out to examine it, giving live tweets as he did. A panel in the object opened. Then something horrible emerged. Death rays soon followed. The climactic scene was the fictitious Battle of Boston, where the city was laid waste in dramatic fashion. And then came the anticlimax, where the supposed aliens that were kicking humanity's collective butt were stopped by humble Earth germs. "You'd have thought that everyone would have seen through my prank, but few people even tried to confirm the story through other sources, and those that did and protested that it was all a hoax were drowned out by the masses who were running around in a tizzy waiting for the aliens to come and kill them! People can be so gullible. And they even knew it was prank night, and still they believed! Not only that, but it's been done before, albeit over 75 years ago. I almost feel guilty about abusing the power of the media."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"That was the bomb, Julianne. Having that loop showing on the inter-network was brilliant. Guess what you get when putting to much testosterone in campus. Too much war games and naked chicks, too little history and whos´s who. Now it´s more, who´s who in video games or Guns and Curves." Audrey nods to her new best friend to enter. A welcoming Afghan rug is trailing a long hallway past a pedestal with a chessboard on top. A huge mahogany mirror takes up the left wall above a bench where a pile of leather bound books are stacked. A walking stick and two umbrellas are placed in a terracotta vase directly to the right of the front door. A floor stand with tentacles sprouting from the top acts as a clothes hanger. Only a pair of scarves serve as decorations, mimicking water falling from the "branches". The hallway ends with a pair of open glass doors. The panels in the walls are a dark green hue. From the ceiling comes a soft yellow sheen from a mosaic glass chandelier. At the end of the hall, there´s a small round table holding a heavy ashtray. A wooden box sits next to it. Visible from the other side of the open glass doors is a set of stairs surrounding a small plaza of checkered marble floor tiles.

"You´re the first to arrive!" She says, too eagerly to hide that she wasn´t expecting anyone to show up.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This place is very impressive," says Julianne, admiring the decor - though the tentacled floor stand seems creepy. Still, her father's got nothing on Ted Turner. Now that guy is off the wall! I don't know how Dad stands being around him.
OOC,Cearlan and DrPeterson both disappeared months ago; they were in one of my games too. Cearlan has logged on a couple of days ago, however. We may need to bring in new players.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Yes, but I need to know that I am back, for real. Let´s get comfortable with the posting routine and start the seance. Then we might conjure some new souls, right?
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Okay.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Thanks, we are comfortable enough. You want to see my room?", she says energetically. An insecure smile is replaced by raised eyebrows, "Or maybe a sandwich while we wait for the others... And a glass of wine?" She leads Julianne right past the stairs through a dining room with majestic high back chairs and a crimson red runner over a huge oak table. A top of the line chef´s kitchen meet them as they pass through an arched door from the dining area. "Red or white?"
Spoiler:
I did advertise in the forums, but it seems An unusual delivery is picking up instead. Let´s see what happens.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Red, please," says Julianne. "And a sandwich would be great! I'm not a very good cook, but I can still put a sandwich together."
OOC,DrPeterson just returned, and he was in this game before too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Help yourself to the walk-in. And make the same as yours. I´m sure it´s delicious."
Spoiler:
Invite sent.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Julianne opens up the walk-in and inspects the ingredients, then begins to assemble the sandwiches.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Julian strode down the street, his umbrella used as a cane and his leather slingbag over his shoulder.
Stopping in front of the entrance, he takes off his right glove and rings the bell.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

There´s a shadow arriving through the glass front-door. When the door swings open, Audrey holding a bottle of Pinot Rosé and two wine glasses burst out, "Julienne, how nice of you to come!" She then composes herself and adds, "I knew you´d come, for sure. Come in!" She holds the door for the second guest and looks out the street for more visitors. "Not exactly The Hobboit, is it?" "A rush, I mean..." "Oh did you hear what Julianne did the other night?"
TVblog

Return to “Trail to Kadath”