Out Of Character - Cold Dead Hand

It’s Monday, August 19, 1991. Yesterday, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev was removed from office in a coup arranged by hard-line communists in his government.

Protests against the coup are breaking out across the Soviet Union. Nationalist insurgents in the various Soviet republics are declaring independence from the illegitimate “State Committee for the State of Emergency.”

The Investigators are members of a Soviet Spetsnaz, or Special Purposes Forces, unit. They were selected for this elite military service due to their political reliability and physical fitness. After intense training and as much as two years of service in Afghanistan, they are hardened combat veterans. Many suspect that the coup plotters intend to use Spetsnaz units to bully the opposition into line. However, fate has intervened and the Investigators’ Spetsnaz unit has been kicked out of bed for a less political, but even more pressing, assignment

Moderator: Cearlan

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Out Of Character - Cold Dead Hand

Post by Cearlan »

All,

I have just received word that my Father in Law has died so I may not be posting as regular over the next few days as I have funerals to sort out and all the associated trappings. I will post as and when I can. I feel bad because I have just started this and well, we cannot put a time on our passing I suppose.

Back as soon as I can

Norman
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Out Of Character - Cold Dead Hand

Post by Kadael »

Be well--you and your family.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Take care, Norman, big hugs to all of you.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

My sympathies to you and yours. Take care Norman.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

All,

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts, condolences and good wishes for the situation in hand.

Norman & DeeJ
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

My simpathies for this dificult situation.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I'll be gone till Thursday, see you then!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I'm counting several crimes: treason against the state, conspiracy, theft, espionage, anti-communist activity, obstruction to military forces, propaganda against the soviet state. Anyone has any doubts about what we should do? 8-)
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

I won't be able to continue in this game; I couldn't keep up anyway so it's probably for the best.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Hi all,

First off I must apologise for leaving the site so abruptly, but as we all know real life and health issues get in the way of this fantastic hobby of ours.

It is with a heavy heart and much soul searching that I have to announce that I have to shelve all the participation in the games I am in, unfortunately the games I am running as well, (however poorly of late). The duration of this 'shelving' is indeterminate at present.

I apologise for all and any inconvenience this has caused fellow gamers. The people on here are a first rate bunch and I am proud to have been associated with them, and hope that I will be allowed back into the fold again in the future.

As Dave Allen used to say;

May your Gods go with you (However elder they may be)
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

PIty. I was enjoying the game.