Chapter One B - Arkham Asylum - Henry Atwater

Moderator: Cearlan

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Chapter One B - Arkham Asylum - Henry Atwater

Post by Cearlan »

Henry Atwater is located in a room deep in the heart of the asylum. As you get deeper into the labyrinth that forms the layout of the sanatorium, security grows increasingly more evident and sophisticated. Eventually you are led to a fairly short corridor with several rooms off to each side. About two thirds the way down a man exits a room on the right and heads towards Hardstrom, a grim look on his face.

"No change Doc ... the guy's a complete waste of time as far as the police are concerned at the moment."

Hardstrom holds up a hand and introduces the party to Detective Ray Stuckley, the detective handling the case.

"Well this is just fine and dandy, but as long as you pass anything you find on to me as soon as you find it - I personally ain't got time for vigilantes, but if old man Cardigan and the university want to waste their time and money, I guess I cannot stop them. Just don't get in the way of my boys when they are working." he calls out over his shoulder as he sweeps past you both.

When you get to the door the brusque detective has just exited, Hardstrom asks you "Please can you wait while I check on Atwater." After a minute or two, he opens the door and ushers you in. Atwater lies in bed, secured loosely with his eyes closed as though he was asleep. "He has been unresponsive to questioning other than to roll his head from side to side and mumble disjointedly." Hardstrom explains.

"The floor is yours Doctor, I will sit over here and not interfere unless needed as I stated up in my office." With this Hardstrom withdraws to sit on a chair in the corner of the room.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Chapter One B - Arkham Asylum - Henry Atwater

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy looks at the tied down man and then questioningly at Doctor Weeden.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"We could remove the restraints now I believe" Hardstrom concedes, "though be careful. His behaviour could deteriorate at any moment." he adds as a warning.
OOC,I forgot to put this in the last post - DOH!
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy carefully undoes the straps and puts his hand on the other Henry's shoulder.

"Mister Atwater?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As Henry's hand touches Atwater's shoulder, Henry Atwater's head lolls to the side away from Henry and he starts mumbling. He speaks very low and it is very difficult to hear him properly. His body does not react in any way whatsoever to your touch. If you listen closely you can just about hear him use the words 'lightning' and 'bridge'- with the former being every third or fourth word uttered.
OOC,[color=#FF8000]Can I please have either of you make a English x 0.25, Edu x 1 or history - whichever gives the best result.[/color]
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Henry has no idea how the two could be connected and leaving his hand on the man's shoulder he tries another question.

"Mister Atwater, were you at the bridge when lightning struck? Is that where Richard Cardigan is?"

Failed roll,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4068050/[/url]
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Professor Hardstrom chips in that "If I remember from his case notes, the campsite was supposedly close to a ruined bridge over the Miskatonic River. but other than that I could see no connection. There is a police search of the area taking place now, though I reckon that the search may have been scaled down a bit by now."

Henry Atwater's head continues to roll from side to side and he continues to mutter in a rambling manner.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Henry nodded as he turned to the professor.

"I was planning on visiting that location this afternoon or tomorrow. But if the search party is there now, today might prove more prudent."

He lets out a sigh which turns into a less than pleasant cough. Catching his breath, he steps away from Atwater and towards the door.

"Unless Doctor Weeden has anything to add, I'm done with Mister Atwater and I thank you for allowing us to see him. I had hoped to pry a little more information from him in order to find Mister Cardigan. Should he come to his senses or reveal anything that might help, anything, a name, a place, some word...I'd be much obliged if you contacted me."

Henry gives Hardstrom his card and makes to leave.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"I'd prefer to contact Dr Weedon if you don't mind. Nothing personal but there is medical ethics to consider here." says Hardstrom apologetically.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy seems none too pleased with that but insists on giving his card anyway.

"I understand, Professor Hardstrom, but take my card just in case Mister Atwater comes to and has some vital clue that might save young Cardigan."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"Please do not be offended ..." Hardstrom says, softening his tone slightly as he accepts Henry's card "... as none was intended, but I am sure that you understand my reasoning for taking an ethical approach with any patient."

"Dr Hardstom," interjects Dr Weedon having watched Henry Calamy's exchange with Henry Atwater intently, "Has there been any improvement at all since I suggested you take him as an inmate here ... other than he seems to be a lot quieter, but this is doubtless due to the effects of coming off the sedation you had him on?"

"Why yes Dr Weedon, we are not administering any sedatives to Atwater anymore, though there is still some in his system I would hazard that it will be a few hours yet before he is completely sedative free. I fear it will not be until then that we see any real change in him. It might be best if you return ..." Hardstrom looks at his fob watch "... say at seven tonight, would that be agreeable to you both, or maybe some other of your party? I still insist that there only be two present though as we are dealing with an unknown situation here."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"None taken, Professor Hardstrom, I understand fully.", he smiles a kind smile, "Were there more people as ethical as you, I'd have a much harder job."

He observes Doctor Wheeden for a few moments and then looks back at the professor.

"We'll try our best to call on time. Thank you for your kind cooperation, Professor, and till tonight."

With that, he leaves.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Back to main thread for Dr Weedon and Henry
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh