Chapter One - Arkham Asylum

Moderator: Cearlan

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Chapter One - Arkham Asylum

Post by Mr. Handy »

Katherine emerges from the car. "Let's go inside and see Dr. Hardstrom," she says to Dr. Weedon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy gets out of the car and grins at the fleeing nun. He then tips his hat at the people exiting the other car and almost manages a charming smile.

"Sister, Doctor, good morning to you."

He opens the back door to allow Mrs Williams to exit.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good morning, sir," says Katherine with a ready smile. "I'm Sister Katherine O'Neill, and this is Dr. Jonathan Weedon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

He contorts his face into a smile and nods.

"I remember well, sister. I believe we met before at the St Mary's. Some time ago when I was working on a John Doe case. You might recall, young boy in a car accident, comatose and no identification on him?
Henry Calamy is my name. I had a moustache back then.
"

He holds his finger up under his nose, emulating the lip ornament.

"I didn't know the hospital provided external care as well, sister Katherine?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, Mr. Calamy," says Katherine, blushing slightly. "I do remember now. You look so much younger without your mustache. We don't normally provide external care, but Dr. Weedon and I are particularly concerned about a patient of ours who was transferred to the asylum, so we've come here to visit him and see how he's doing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy raises an inquisitive eyebrow.

"May inquire as to the name of your patient, sister Katherine? It just so happens we're here on similar business."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You understand, of course, that I cannot divulge any confidential details of his treatment," says Katherine, "but I see no harm in telling you his name. He is young Mr. Henry Atwater."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"My dear sister Katherine, I would never ask you to divulge anything...uncomely."

He grins as he lights another cigarette.

"It just so happens I was contacted by Mr Herbert Cardigan to look into the case. Mr Cardigan is terribly concerned about the well-being of his son and has instructed us to find him."

He turns to indicate his companions.

"May I introduce my companions. Mr Jimmy Veccio, local investigative reporter, and Miss Sharon Williams of special relation to the missing person."

"Seeing how our destination is the same, might I suggest we go inside?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Williams," says Sister Katherine. "It is good to see you again, Mr. Veccio." She glances at the others. "We have already met. Yes, let us go inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

No sooner do you set foot across the doorway than the voice of Dr Hardstrom booming out.

"I told you earlier Nurse ... No visitors this morning, especially none for Henry Atwater until we can observe him some more."

The nurse backs out of the office "Certainly Doctor, it will be my distinct pleasure to pass this on." She advances towards you all.

"I am sure that you heard the Doctor's specific instructions there, so I would ask you to leave if you would be so kind." The look she gives Jimmy resembles the gaze that she would give to something that has stuck to the sole of her shoe.
OOC,[color=#FF4000]Give me a roll please gents & lady - whatever is best from debate, oratory, fast talk or persuade.[/color]
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy frowns and puts on his best concerned expression.

"My dear nurse, I understand that you wish to do well by your patient and shield him from external stimuli, but I must implore you, lives are at stake here and every moment is vital. We are looking for the young man's friend and I pray we are in time to find him alive.
Can you bear it on your conscience that Mr Atwater's friend would die out there in the wild? Alone?
"

He gesticulates dramatically in the direction of the woods.

"No, I thought not. Please, take us to see Mr Atwater before another young man suffers his ill fate."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"Doctor!" the nurse looks back over her shoulder and the giant frame of Dr Hardstrom fills the frame of the doorway to his office.
Dr Hardstrom
"You lot - in here now." his deep baritone sounds out along the corridor, brooking no argument. Once you are all in the cramped office he lays the law down quite firmly.

"You heard me give specific instructions to my senior nurse there and still you think you can undermine me in my own establishment. You will not be permitted to see the Atwater boy and that's final. At least not until we have had the chance to observe him closer and to elicit some consistent rational response from him. do you understand?"
OOC,[color=#FF4000]Know roll please from everyone.[/color]
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Henry suddenly recalls a very pertinent detail.
Success!,[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4054555/ [/url]
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Jimmy smiles a self satisfied, knowing smile.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"Look," sighs Hardstrom, "I do not wish Atwater to be overly disturbed at present ... it is as simple as that. I have only agreed to speak with you because I recognised Dr. Weedon out in the corridor. Sr. O'Neil I have heard some very good things about your work at St. Mary's. If you ever feel the need of a change I am sure we would welcome someone with your skills and professionalism. Mr. Vecchio I am familiar with your reporting and although I cannot say I always approve of what you report or your opinions, I feel that you wear your heart on your sleeve in a sense. Mr. Calamy if I am not mistaken." Hardstrom nods towards Henry. "Again, like Mr Vecchio, I cannot say I altogether approve of your career choice, your reputation for doggedness precedes you. And finally, we have Miss Williams who I believe is related somehow to one of the boys connected with the situation." He gestures to the pile of files before him. "As you can see, life proceeds and Henry Atwater is another case I have to deal with to the best of my abilities." Hardstrom looks as though he is considering something for a moment before he continues.

"Alright, providing this remains amongst the people in this room, this is what we have so far." Hardstrom looks at you all before continuing as though measuring whether or not to continue. "The patient known as Henry Atwater came to us yesterday afternoon from St Mary's where both Dr Weedon and Sr O'Neil attended him I believe. With regard to his behaviour, he is so far as good as incoherent, which was the situation you referred him to me in the first place am I right Dr Weedon?" When you affirm this he continues.

Hardstom looks directly at Sr O'Neil and Dr Weedon as he continues. "He was sedated more or less as soon as he arrived and we are reducing his sedation slowly to gauge the effects on him." He turns to face the entire group before finishing. "That is as much as I can personally tell you about Henry Atwater. Now due to his fragile state, I will allow two people of your own choosing to see him and no more."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you for your kind offer, Dr. Hardstrom," says Katherine, blushing. "I'll think about it, but I do like working at St. Mary's. And thank you for allowing two of us to see Mr. Atwater. We are very concerned, both about him and the still missing Mr. Cardigan. I'm thinking that Dr. Weedon should be one of the two. His medical expertise will be of great value, and he has treated this patient before."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy nods, confirming his agreement with sister Katherine's selection.

I would be the second man. Anything he emits, no matter how incoherent, might help us find young Cardigan. I wouldn't want us to miss a vital clue.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

"Hmm, one from each car.", muses Jimmy, leaning arms folded, against the closed door."Sounds okay to me, just make sure you keep a note of everything" he says smiling at Calmy, "The readers need to know".
Unfolding his arms he produces a small notepad and pencil. He unsnaps the rubber band that keeps it closed; turns to a clear page; licks the tip of the pencil, and looks directly at Dr Hardstrom. "Okay Doc, off the record, any theories?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Calamy raises a telling eyebrow at the reporter. He lets his gaze rest on the young reporter for a few moments and then turns to the two doctors.

"Shall we?"

Return to “Archive”