Martin Sorrell's House

Moderator: Cearlan

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Martin Sorrell's House

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll have a look too when you're done with it," says David. "I'm guessing that key opens a safety deposit box. Martin probably left something important there that could answer some of our questions. These papers seem to detail research Martin was doing on Mayan contact with other civilizations. They talk about a tribe called the Tlachan, which is translated as 'the sea people,' or 'people of the sea.' That would seem to support my own theories, as the Phoenicians were called that. However, one of these articles says that that's an incorrect translation; it should be 'people of the fish.' That's possible, but I can't say for certain whether or not it's correct. The Tlachan are described in one encounter as being diseased and disfigured - kind of like the fellow you saw prowling around here, Miss. Perhaps some of their descendants are still alive today." He offers the folder with the clippings to whoever wants to read them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Meredith,As you take the book from Joseph, you lose interest in Jemima for the moment as you look at the book. You initial scan through shows that it is a dog eared copy of something called The Zanthu Tablets: A Conjectural Translation by Harold Hadley Copeland - 1916. The book, more of a large pamphlet has 32 pages and seems to be a treatise on some religious artifact you have never heard of and it contains a lot of long words that don't seem to form to well as you try to mouth them Ghatanathoa, Yibb-Tstll and Rlim Shaikorth being typical examples from your quick look through.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

For a few minutes I stare at the book trying to make sense of it, before closing it with a snap and handing it to David,
"Harumph, nonsense, gibberish and poppycock. Probably more your sort of thing old chap"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

A key ... so we need to visit the cemetery, find the weird guy that is a descendant of the fish people and open a safe box.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Quite possibly," says David to Meredith, taking the book and offering him the folder in exchange. He begins to look through the book.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

David,As you take the book from Meredith, your initial flick through shows that it is a dog eared copy of something called The Zanthu Tablets: A Conjectural Translation by Harold Hadley Copeland - 1916. The book, more of a large pamphlet has 32 pages and seems to be a treatise on some religious artifact you have never heard of and it contains a lot of long words that don't seem to form to well as you try to mouth them Ghatanathoa, Yibb-Tstll and Rlim Shaikorth being typical examples from your quick look through.
Meredith,Amongst other meaningless papers you can see the following; [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/MerwinJournal_zps4e7bf0f4.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/MerwinJournal_zps4e7bf0f4.png[/img][/url] Two excepts from the Journals of Raymond Merwin 1913 [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/RiseampFallofAncientMaya-JEricThompson1923_zpsd6caa6f5.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/RiseampFallofAncientMaya-JEricThompson1923_zpsd6caa6f5.png[/img][/url] Excerpt from The Rise and Fall of the Ancient Maya [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/FrPonceinNewWorld-1588_zpsc15867bb.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/FrPonceinNewWorld-1588_zpsc15867bb.png[/img][/url] Translated passage from the Chronicles of the Travels of Father Ponce in the New World [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/Reseection16_zps2784dd52.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/Reseection16_zps2784dd52.png[/img][/url] Article for Journal of American Archeology March 1910 [url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/Cearlan/media/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/HieroglyphicInscriptionRendering_zps11725944.png.html][img]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/Cearlan/Spawn%20of%20Azathoth/HieroglyphicInscriptionRendering_zps11725944.png[/img][/url] Rendering of a Hieroglyphic Inscription[/center]
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This may prove helpful," says David, "but I'm not sure how yet. Nothing in here looks familiar at all. I'll take it with me and read it at my leisure after we've finished up here. Was there a letter in the envelope, Miss, or just the key?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

Jemima answers David ...
"Erm no ... there's no letter, just the train tickets, hotel receipts and that sort of thing that I told you about earlier ... nothing else."
Jemima says ..."I wouldn't mind having a proper look at that folder please Meredith, when you're finished with it of course."
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn. Iä!
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Rather than keep putting the images up in individual OOC spoiler buttons I'll put them in the handouts section, but it will take you the rest of the daylight hours for everyone to peruse them so would suggest going somewhere else to peruse them properly. I'll also assume that Meredith hands Jemima the folder as there has been no response.

Meredith hands the folder over to Jemima and in the fading light she looks over the folder to see if there is a pattern.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Absolutely my dear" I hand the folder to Jemima "Perhaps you can make more sense of the contents than I"

OOC: Apologies for my tardiness.
- Anais Nin
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

After going through the folder for a while, Jemima says;
"I can't see anything significant in this folder ... maybe someone else might find something, if one of you wants to take it away and look at it in more detail."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Jemima, David, Joseph and Meredith stand in the fading light looking over the paperwork until the dark becomes so pervasive that you cannot read anything in any of the paperwork to hand.

(OOC where to now people ... nothing left to find, up here anyway!)
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll hold onto the folder," says David, "as its my area of expertise - unless someone else would rather study it. I think I've gotten all I can from it, but that book may have more of interest. I'd like to look that over tonight. It's too dark to read here, though. Shall we descend and finish searching the house?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

I nod at Davids suggestion, "Aye, there is nothing further to be gained from up here. Lead on boyo we'll follow you"
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

The group successfully descends the rickety ladder back into the master bedroom closet. Exiting into the room itself you see the door is closed, from where you all crowded round the safe, the picture is 'open' to reveal the safe door.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll need a drill to get that safe open," says David, "since the dial refuses to turn. We're most likely to find tools in the basement, but it might be best to explore the house systematically, floor by floor. What haven't we seen on this floor yet?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Maybe we can find tools in the basement ?

Joseph says
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

Jemima waits to go last, standing by the top of the ladder, she calls down to those descending before her; "Mind you don't step on rungs 3 and 6 ... we don't want any more accidents"
Jemima descends the ladder and replies to David;
"There are only three rooms up here ... the two bedrooms and a study ... I have briefly looked through them but I don't know how much you have seen."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We've seen enough of this bedroom for now," says David. "Any rooms we've explored on this floor were after we met you. We've been through the study already, but I don't think we've searched the other bedroom. That should be our next stop."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As you enter the bedroom you see an unmade bed directly in front of you. Looking down the west wall towards the back of the house you see a bureau with it's contents spread across the floor. Two doors with a comfortable looking chair between them are on the east wall bathed in the fading sunlight as it dips behind the treeline. The first door, partially open appears to open onto a water closet, whilst the one at the north end of the wall is in the same place as the closet that leads up to the attic.

OOC Not going to make you roll - there is nothing of note in here
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Archive”