Martin Sorrell's House

Moderator: Cearlan

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Martin Sorrell's House

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll hold onto the idol too," says David. "These glyphs are Martin's way of saying that he planted the hidden thing in the raised up place, which must be a reference to the idol we've already found. He must have known I'd find these papers and be able to translate them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Right then ... After passing the information on to O'Grady you all retire to your respective homes agreeing to meet at a predetermined time and place in the morning. Who is going to be chivalrous enough to offer Ms J. Thorndyke a bed ... at least for the night? Are you withholding anything from O'Grady or giving full disclosure?
Joseph,As requested Joseph spends a restless night, tossing and turning amid dreams of terrible sacrifices, monstrous idols and murderous fanatics all out to get the party. You feel strangely drained [color=#FF8000](Lose 1 Magic Point)[/color] by the way.
David,Where have you put the idol? As stated the thesis is very dry and dull reading and although it's conclusions seem fantastical in their nature - they are arrived at with evidence that is not wholly proven in fact. You feel strangely drained [color=#FF8000](Lose 1 Magic Point) [/color]by the way. As you sit reading the thesis, you hear something hit the window. Upon investigation, you open the curtain to reveal, perched upon your window-sill, a mottled crow like bird which you recognise as a member of the order [i]Oro Pendulo[/i] from your time on Central American digs. [color=#FF8000]Make a POW x 5 roll please - basically don't fumble[/color] The bird stares straight at you before it shuffles along the ledge, maintaining eye contact all the while.
Meredith,You feel strangely drained [color=#FF8000](Lose 1 Magic Point)[/color] by the way. Your nights rest is unquiet, spent with flashing images of bloodthirsty rituals and the strange man with his dogs from next door to Sorrell's House and being pursued through dark and dense undergrowth by ... by ... well you don't know what by, but you do know it is imperative that you avoid getting caught by your pursuer(s).
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David overcomes his tiredness and returns the bird's gaze. "And what do you want, I wonder?" he asks.
OOC,I'm planning to tell [b]O'Grady[/b] everything, and I will also include the full details of my findings about the Mayan stuff so far, which may bore him enough to ask me to skip that part. I'll keep the idol locked in a trunk.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

David,Your examination of the bird gives you the impression that there is an intelligence behind the black eyes that stare so meaningfully back at you. [color=#FF8000]The POW x 5 roll was not to shake off the POW loss - sorry buddy - you must have got that from another source.[/color] After a few minutes it seems to tire of trying to settle upon your sill and flies off, but you have a vague feeling that it is watching you from the nearby trees. [color=#FF8000]Your investigators seem to have a thing with birds lately lol[/color] About half an hour later, your senses alert you to something. A faint smell reaches your nostrils - is that something burning? As you seek out the source, you happen to notice the idol on top of the trunk and where the base of the idol touches the trunk rises wisps of smoke as the leather / wood / material is charred. You are certain that the idol was inside the trunk when you closed the lid ... but here it is facing you with tendrils of smouldering trunk rising from it's base. Seeing this disturbs you somewhat ... another coincidence??? [color=#FF8000]San roll please 0/1[/color]
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David is perplexed, but practicality takes precedence over his bewilderment. He wraps a blanket around his hands and picks up the idol, placing it on the floor and putting out the smoldering wood with the blanket before anything can catch on fire. "All right, I see," he says. "You don't like being locked up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

David,The trunk is scorched where the idol was standing atop it and although you cannot feel any heat through the blanket, the blanket starts to smoulder whilst it is in contact with the statuette. Once the blanket is placed over the smouldering area of the trunk the tendrils of smoke seem to dissipate and although the acrid smell of smoke still hangs in the air, and the scorch marks on the trunk and blanket remain, you feel as though the situation has passed ... for now.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David resumes his study of the thesis, keeping a wary eye on the idol to make sure nothing starts to smolder.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Joseph offers a place to sleep for Jemima. His parents are on a Journey abroad and he have plenty of space at his parents house. She is offered a delicious supper.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Jemima is appreciative of the roof over her head. You surprises yourself by how hungry you are and your supper - delicious as promised - soon disappears.

You also dream like the rest of the group. Your dream self is miles above the ground and suddenly you begin a headlong rush towards the earth and suddenly you find yourself prostate and naked upon an altar, your hands and feet shackled at the corners of the cold, stone slab. A man you half recognises as your ... your father? stands to one side of the podium. As you turn your head away to try and hide some of your embarrassment at your nakedness and you see that your supine form lies atop some sort of elevated platform and there are hundreds of people swaying rhythmically below watching events as they play out in the dream-state.

The man you believe to be your father says something you cannot understand repeatedly, and in rising cadence. You turn your head slightly and see that he is now standing beside the altar with what looks like a black knife in his upraised hand. Your mouth forms a silent scream as your distant memory indicates that it is a ceremonial knife - made of sacred obsidian. Moon-light glints off the serrated edge of the blade and off the crimson hands of your father, his hands and forearms slick with blood.

The knife arcs down and cuts deep into your body, shattering your ribs as it plunges deep into your chest cavity. His hands plunge deep into the gash created by the serrated blade and the searing pain causes you to scream out loud as he rips your still beating heart from your body. As your sight dims you can see your still beating heart lofted above you and the copper taste of blood enters your mouth.

You come awake with a start, sitting up, your hand to your chest ... Your eyes dart around the room "Wh .. where am I?" you manage to croak
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Archive”