The Prologue

Moderator: Cearlan

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: The Prologue

Post by Priest »

Scoolboy grin lost amidst an icy sweat which has broken out at Joseph's warning. Meredith creeps alongside David making sure that he is hidden from view.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Joseph crawl behind an arm chair or a nearby sofa.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

As you all try to hide from view you can hear the dog's barking and two voices. The first a whiney, nasal voice that sets your hackles rising. Every areas has it's own typical nosey neighbour and here is this areas.

"... were parked over there, the black sedan, when I noticed them first. Then they just walked over right to the house and entered ... well I assume they entered, I couldn't see from my house due to the hedgerow."

The second voice sounded tired and bored and non too pleased that he had been called out by this busy-body again;

"Okay - look Mr Inman, I know Detective O'Grady said that you were to keep an eye on this old place, but are you certain that the people you saw actually went inside the house?" He tries the door handle and found it locked.

A small dog growls and barks, and Inman says, "Quiet Uriel, you'll start Beelebub off if you don't hush." The officer shines his flash-light in through the window and steps back looking over the house before going round the back. closely followed by the busy-body Inman. "Are you not going in then officer I am certain that you ..." The voices fade as they go round the back of the house. A couple of minutes later the voices return and the policeman says.

"There is nothing I can see amiss here Mr Inman, Go back home and go to bed, it's late. We have a patrol keeping an eye on the place so you can sleep tight tonight. Goodnight now sir, you rest easy." Inman trots off as bid clutching his terrier in his arms muttering about the Police Department.

"Bejesus, why did O'Grady have to go and say that to this moron - it's not as if we don't have enough to worry about" mutters the police officer as he tries the handle once more before moving off himself. Once back on the street, he casts his light over the house once more.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

David finally exhales silently when the policeman walks away, but he still doesn't move as long as the light is shining on the house.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Thinking that staying still might be a good idea, at least until the light had been directed elsewhere, Meredith whispers quietly to David,
"The stain appears to have been made by water either from a leak or from an open window above"
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David nods, relieved that it wasn't what he had feared it was.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Once the comforting darkness has returned, Meredith will cross beck to the stain and look up in search of an open window.
- Anais Nin
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

We'll have to search the place without turning the light on unless we'll find flashlights.
Joseph says from behind an arm chair.
Anyone knows where Sorrell kept his tools?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Priest wrote: by Priest » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Once the comforting darkness has returned, Meredith will cross beck to the stain and look up in search of an open window.
As Meredith peers up into the darkness you can see an slightly open window on the side of the cupola opposite the front of the house and away from where you think Inman lives, based on the direction he and the officer approached from and that he took after being dismissed by the officer. You know it has not raining for the last couple of days so the stain is not too recent.
royya wrote:We'll have to search the place without turning the light on unless we'll find flashlights.
Joseph says from behind an arm chair.
Anyone knows where Sorrell kept his tools?
Mark says, "Listen up - no lights unless it is absolutely necessary. At the front of the house at least, we know it is being watched by the patrol-man and that nosey neighbour. At the rear of the house, well we will have to see when we get there. As for his tools, my guess would be in the garage which we won't find by sitting here. Shall we search the rooms as a group or in pairs? I'd suggest inn pairs as it would cut down the time we are in here. Remember to wipe everything down after you have searched an area, unless you have gloves in which case I'd suggest putting them on now." Mark looks at everybody as he dons his leather gloves to make sure his words have sunk in.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David nods again, slipping on his own gloves. "Yes, in pairs," he says. "When we're done and we're ready to leave, I suggest we do so through the back. Less chance of being seen that way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Agreed" whispers Meredith as he carefully heads towards the stairs searching his coat pockets for his gloves. "Is anyone coming with me? I would like to take a closer look at that partialy open window"
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"Professor David, I agree about leaving the back way as it is obvious that nosey is going to be watching the front, though if we have to come out to the front, we will have to pass right by his fence." Mark turns to Meredith.

"Yes, I'll come with you Professor ... Meredith" agrees Mark. "I prefer to start upstairs myself when ..." he trails off looking abashed in such company at almost admitting he broke into houses. "I know I said we should split up to search, though I think it may be best if we all stayed on the same floor though rather than having people all over the house, that way we can assist each other if needed." his mind was racing here, thinking that he didn't want to miss out on the chance to acquire anything should the situation arise - I mean it's not as though Sorrell is going to miss it now is he!
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by tormsen »

I should be able to move quietly and stay low, so I can search the downstairs without tipping off the neighbor, I think. whispered Sarah, putting on black satin gloves. She slowly begins to move towards the ajar door on the left hand wall, keeping low and silent.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

As Meredith slips his gloves on he points to the footprints that lead from the front door to the stairs, "Those look interesting too"
- Anais Nin
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'll join you upstairs.
Joseph says
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If we find any of Martin's books and writings, it's best if I'm on hand to determine what's relevant," whispers David. "I know the subject matter well. I doubt we can carry his entire library. I think we should all search upstairs first and then move down - I'll defer to the expert - but if Miss Hawkins is determined to remain down here and the three of you are going upstairs, I'd better accompany her, though I'm not much good at sneaking around."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Nodding at David's point, Meredith continues towards the stairs looking closely to see if the footprints continue upwards.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Looking at the floor closely, you notice that the footprints on this level seem to be pretty equally spread. The footprints to the spiral staircase however seem to indicate that the majority took this method of egress from the hallway.

As you look up to the light-well, you can see the railing around the well leading up to the roof space.

Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

"Interesting"whispers Meredith, more to himself than anyone else, "It would appear from the amount of traffic going up, that something on the next floor has received a lot of interest". From his pocket he produces his pipe and proceeds to suck on it, unlit, as if to aid concentration. Slowly he begins to ascend the spiral staircase, hoping that he is not going alone.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As you head slowly up the stairs you can see two windows down the front of the house casting light on three doors, two on the west side wall and one on the north. A rug lies rolled up against the east wall.

It seems that a lot of the steps seem to head down towards the door by the front of the house as opposed to the other two.

You can hear rain start to fall against the sky-light. it sounds like a drum and the sounds echo round the otherwise silent house. The only sound you hear is the beating of your heart and the sound of your own breathing.

Mark follows close behind Meredith and nods towards the front of the house where the footprints seem to lead.

OOC - who else is going upstairs?
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Archive”