Martin Sorrell's House

Moderator: Cearlan

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Martin Sorrell's House

Post by Priest »

Meredith spends a few moments in studious observation of the room, "Hmm, I would imagine that whoever was here spent some time at the desk, from the cigarette butts, before, unable to find what they were after, they overturned the desk and smashed the drawers, no doubt in search of some secret hiding place."
As the others begin to leave the room he shrugs and adds, "Why else would there be so many cigarette butts behind the door?"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

If the burglars have not found the access to the loft there is a chance we'll find something in there that Martin hid.
Joseph says as goes out of the study and peeks to the guest room for a moment
I wonder is he had a guest ?
He then continue to the master bedroom and begin a search over there (Under the bed, the couch, night stand) before the closet.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Cearlan »

(Posted in the absence of DeeJ61)

"I ... I believe the strange looking man came into the big bedroom, but did not look in the closet where the trapdoor is. I had left it open and he would have seen it had he but looked in the closet." Jemima says with a worried look on her face. "There are some more books and what I think is a safe in the den downstairs" she adds.

As Joseph looks into the guest bedroom, he sees nothing untowards. However, in the master bedroom, a couple of thick books lie, dust covered, on the bedside chair whilst under the bed are several books which have been kicked to the back wall. The ensuite has nothing of interest in it other than a few academic periodicals. The closet has a rack of clothes at the back which are being squashed up against the wall by a rudimentary, not too safe looking, loft-ladder.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

David follows the others to the master bedroom. "I may be able to climb that ladder," he says. "It's precarious, but no moreso than some dig sites I've worked." He examines the books to see what their titles and subject matter are.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC,Spot Hidden rolls for those looking in main bedroom please

The books on the chair are further examples of dull treatises on Mayan Epigraphy. They are covered with the by now familiar handwritten annotations of Martin Sorrell. The handwriting however seems to becoming more uncontrolled in places than it appeared in the tomes in the study.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

OOC: Merdith is standing just outside the main bedroom door looking around the landing and considering lighting his pipe.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

David,On the flyleaf of the bottom book on the pile on the chair, is written the following [b]"R5 L16 R12 L8"[/b] Flicking through the books one thing stands out - the pages marked on these four books have either photographs or drawings of Mayan inscriptions. Idea roll and Spot Hidden roll please Mr. Handy.
Jemima,Spot Hidden roll - Jemima (1d100=33) 33/65 - Pass

"Look by the bottom of the bed here Joseph, behind the door, notice how there is no dust at all in this area, unlike the rest of the floor. That picture on the wall seems somehow out of place ... or is it just me? Mr Meredith, what do you think of this she calls round the open door."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I believe I've just found the combination to a safe," says David, having an epiphany, "and unless I miss my guess, the safe is behind that picture." His vision sharpens even further.
OOC,Wow! :shock: That is some series of rolls!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

In answer to Jemima's call, Meredith enters the room just intime to see David move toward the misaligned picture that he presumed Jemima was refering to, "If there is nothing behind that picture it would seem someone thought there was. Careful boyo there has been enough suprises for one day." He glances towards Jemima, so recently discovered.

OOC: If Handy's going to roll dice like that, he can make my rolls for me as well :shock:
- Anais Nin
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Excellent, you have the eyes of an hawk.
Joseph says to David and Jemima. As David goes to the picture, Joseph goes to check the floor where Jemima said it clear of dust.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
DeeJ61
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by DeeJ61 »

Jemima Thorndyke

OOC ... Sorry everyone for not being around for a while, I was on holiday and then fell ill with Flu just before I came home, which resulted in a very bad chest infection, it's taken awhile to shake it off but I'm good now and I'm back, Thank you very much to Cearlan for the excellent job he did NPCing Jemima for me.

Jemima watches quietly while Joseph and David investigate, she watches as closely as she can to see if she can discover the combination to the safe as David has said he knows what it is.
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn. Iä!
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC - Spot check here - The area at the bottom of the bed, behind the door is the area where a=everyone is trying to look, the picture and 'clear floor' are in the same place. Welcome back DeeJ61 glad you are better!

As David looks around the picture he notices that it is hinged on the side beside the door. Slowly he swings the picture away from the wall so that it lies almost flat against the wall. The front face of the safe, which is locked, is covered in black-grey powder where the police have dusted for fingerprints.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

David stands in front of the safe, blocking Jemima's view with his body, "The police already found the safe," he says as he tries to rotate the dial back and forth using the combination he found, "but I doubt they got it open. They don't know Martin like I do."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Spot Hidden (1d100=71) - Fail

Joseph fails to spot anything specil about the dust clear area.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

David,Woah there David - not so fast! you may want to edit your last to take into account this information! As you try to turn the tumblers of the safe you discover that they are stuck solid and no amount of twisting can shift them. It's as though the mechanism, however such things work, has been glued up somehow, though apart from the black/grey dust used to fingerprint the safe there is no sign of tampering at all. You can try the safe's handle, but will be met with the same problem.
Joseph,The dust free area is in front of the safe and was a guide that there was something there - that is all
Jemima,As David stands between you and the safe you hear him start to speak, but then you get the impression something is wrong as he is obviously putting a lot of effort into turning the tumblers and handle on the safe to no avail.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, that's decidedly odd," says David. "The dial just refuses to turn. Somebody seems to have sabotaged this safe, but we've got to get it open somehow. Doubtless the police already tried. Perhaps a drill would do the trick."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Jemima responds to David's remark, "I have seen no tools around the house, but then I have not looked everywhere either." she adds hopefully.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then we'll continue the search," says David. "The tools may be in the basement. That's where I keep mine. We'll find out when we get that far, but let's finish with this room first. Anyone else find anything?" He takes a look under the bed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC,Other than the books you have already found, the wall safe and the rickety steps up to the roof space there is nothing further of note in this room.
[/color]

"Where shall we search next people, this is fun?" Jemima says with a broad grin on her face.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Archive”